Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

photokographer

djonkoman said:
I tried using pushups to counteract the lower bloodpressure effect of weed, worked pretty well, now if I'm bothered too much by low bloodpressure I just take a few pushups and I'm all good again

No way! Does this work well for you? The low blood pressure problem occurs on occasion for me and I have been wondering if there is a way to stop it

photokographer,

djonkoman

jep, for me it works well, I think I already have a low bloodpressure of my own(I remember that when my mother was pregnant from my little brother they payed extra attention to her bloodpressure since she naturally has a very low bloodpressure, so likely I inherited some of that)
and since it also appears when sitting still too long I thought movement should fix it, and it does, and pushups are the easiest quickest movement/excercise I can do
effect is only temporarly tough, but if it bothers me again I just do some pushups again to get the blood flowing

djonkoman,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Try some crazy dancing if you dont like push ups :) .. photokographer. Hardcore Dubsteppin is what i use to warm up ... for weed and trainings..

Abysmal Vapor,

illeg

Summary: Very satisfied with this vape. Could not be happier.

Warning: long and rambling
I heard about the PD in another thread and started doing some reading. It sounded like it was right up my alley (easy to maintain, easy to load, easy operation). Had some back-and-forth with Pammy and decided on the maple w/ bison leather. I then made my way through the 350 (at that time) pages. Very helpful reading, especially about the loading method for the tube.

It arrived yesterday (a day late--it appears to have taken the scenic route for some reason). It's a little shorter and about as round as the size of a 12oz can. Very solid feel in the hand--it feels like a full can of your favorite beverage. Everything comes neatly packed in the box. Nothing would have moved or shifted in transit. The maple is really nice--the pictures don't really do it justice. The bands shine in the light and shift as you adjust the angle.

I loaded a stem and took a hit. My only other vape experience to date has been an iolite, so I figured I'd draw like I would on the iolite. I wasn't prepared for the huge cloud of hot vapor I got on my first hit. WHOA. I might need to invest in one of those glass pieces after all. There have been questions about whether or not the vapor is visible after a hit--the answer is a definite yes. Heat was consistent throughout the draw, unlike the iolite. Two more hits cashed the stem, so I blew out the now brown plug. I'm a lightweight, so there wasn't a need for another stem. Very nice buzz for the rest of the night.

The only caveat so far: the stem metal end gets HOT when it comes out of the hole. Don't touch it. I am notorious for burning myself on accident, so maybe it's just me.

I could not be happier with my purchase. Sure, it was a long wait (5ish weeks), but the payoff was worth it. Everything about this screams quality. The electrical adapter fits snugly into the plug on the unit. No nicks or dents in the wood, no imperfections in the leather. The fact that it's handmade is a bigger plus for me. For those folks considering a purchase, I would do it sooner rather than later. The wait will be there regardless, and you want this in your hands ASAP.

Finally (if you made it this far), a question. Where do you folks find essential oils? I'd like to find somewhere local before resorting to online, but I wouldn't know where to start looking.

illeg,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Woot! Glad you're getting along well with your new PD.

I find essential oils at the local health food stores. I like to mix things like, lime, lemon and grapefruit myself but you can buy a few and experiment. Little goes a long ways ;)

Good luck!

Lo,

Purple-Days

Back from the Void...
We went camping for two nights. It's been many years, but we know how... Long scenic AZ days on fabulous roads. You could film a movie . . .
A heavy rain, soaked ass, windy night, in a tent, was payback for an outstanding couple of days with a camera to me . :cool:
You should see Arizona, come visit !

2co5vv9.jpg

339pngm.jpg

Petrified Forest
m76c12.jpg

opu3a8.jpg

24kxirq.jpg

wso04.jpg

Painted Desert
sbhsf4.jpg

1pbdkw.jpg

1z4bybr.jpg

The last three shots are of the Painted Desert. This is our visit going North. A nice rain the night before.

It was a different visit the next morning, after a heavy rain.

But first, Canyon de Chelly . :brow:

BTW, these are edited for Contrast not Color. They are tilted and cropped. Not distorted after. Unusual circumstances (rain and lens effects) created these colors and distortions. We hope you enjoy the scenes someday ... ;) It's a great trip even when it's not raining. :)

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Yeah, like... relaxing in some ways, but trying to get a lot into three days... This State has so much rock diversity... I've panned some for gold... geology gets to you...

24wxa13.jpg

2vb65hs.jpg

w06i6p.jpg

2nvryu8.jpg

2uejojr.jpg

2ed62yf.jpg

zvvk3a.jpg

2j8wgx.jpg

Rover has gone over !!! :rolleyes:
More to come...

Purple-Days,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hey Tom, I was just in Phoenix Sun-Tues for business. I was lucky enough to hike to the top of Camelback Mountain. Tough, but rewarding. I love the southwest. I've been to the Grand Canyon, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest and Hoover Dam. Beautiful pics! I'll post a couple of pics from my hike later. At work right now. :rolleyes:

beach bum

Tom, welcome back from vacation. Those are some stunning pictures!

Also wanted to note that our new fiddleback maple unit is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks to you and Pammy for all you do! :)

beach bum,

Purple-Days

Spider Rock at Canyon de Chelly
flyf82.jpg

Painted Desert (slight return, it's on the way back and the $10 admission is good for a week!).
Newspaper Rock (Anasazi petroglyphs)
f1y2yu.jpg

2sb6dzp.jpg

k2coip.jpg

Tonto Natural Bridge (largest travertine bridge in the world)
2m4ae5e.jpg

The southwest has a lot to see... Pammy's asthma and my mobility issues limit what we can do, but these days access is pretty good. All of this was shot within a few hundred feet of the car.

PurpleDazed

Hi Tom,
In the 3rd pic down on your last post were those buzzards?
And if so were they circling something?

PurpleDazed,

Purple-Days

Not Buzzards. Those were Ravens. Must be a group of juveniles. Adults mate for life and defend territories. The Wikipedia article is interesting... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Raven
They are known for their intelligence and problem solving.

We saw an old pair (very large birds) hanging out at one of the rest stops in the park.
Pammy took this pic, I like it. :2c:
vi1jjd.jpg

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Well, the original idea for our Halloween contest will have to wait for another event. After seeing a few of the Summer Photo Contest entries, Pammy had a better idea that fits Halloween.

Halloween Best Dressed P-D Contest

2vkgfiu.jpg

Rules

1) Open to all Purple-Days customers (purchased from PD Land or Vapenow.com only)
2) Picture must contain your PD. Outfit your PD anyway you like. Paper, fabric, clay . . . use your imagination, pick an interesting background or create one...
3) All pictures submitted here, become the property of Purple-Days Diffusers and will likely be displayed on our Customer Photo Page http://purple-days.com/CustomerPhotos.html
4) Enter your pictures here, limit one entry per day.
5) Picture size must not exceed 640 x 480 pixels, larger pics will not be considered. Larger pics slow page loading for everybody else.
6) All eligible entries (you may enter more than once, see #4) will be judged by Pammy. A nice custom PD is the Grand Prize of course. Winning pic will be posted. Second prize will be awarded at random from all entry pics... (another PD!) .
7) Other category prizes will be awarded for Humor, Scary and others to be announced.
8) Contest starts now and ends at Midnight Rockazona time on Halloween , Rocktober 31, 2011
9) Purple-Days never discloses customer information to third parties or uses contest entry info (personal information) for any reason other than shipping, we do not have mailing lists (no e-mailing lists either).

Good luck to all. Looking forward to seeing your talents.

Purple-Days,

hereatlast

Gorgeous pics Tom (and Pammy!); looks like a very nice road-trip/vacation. Hope your well rested!

EDIT: Ayayai, you're gonna keep us busy!

hereatlast,

Nycdeisel

Great photos Tom, I like yours as well Madcap :D

Another contest! I think i am going to try and find my creative side and get in on this one! time to start thinking of costume ideas! :)

Nycdeisel,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Wow! :o Those pictures are great!

I am glad you had fun on your road trip with Pammy, Tom.

It must be so cool to live on the moon. :D

Great pics. :tup:

Progress,

Purple-Days

Thanks, to all who liked the pics. Once, upon a time, I liked (film) photography as a hobby.

Great pics of Camelback, wish we could climb, looks tough.

Rip, is that a Mutant Ninja ? Hope folks have fun... vwe will have another random drawing of course, anybody might win that event. WHAT? another PD? Sure, get in on the fun, dress 'em up...

Top Bottom