Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Cool. You two are too great. I never thought of using a little drill-bit, after work today i'll rummage around in the garage for one. :D

SpiralArchitect,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I'm loving this thing. The past few days I've been trying to use it at least once a day, but the VW is still my main vape only because of where each of them are located. I moved the PD next to my computer so I can use it while surfing/web and whatnot for tonight.... I've got the technique down pat, and with this new batch of herbs it vaporizers much, much better. Nice hits. I can get about 2-3 before the bowl is cashed but I got 5 off my last one. That fine grind does wonders, so does some kief.... :brow:

Anyways, I was watching some anime, so I put it on the couch for a while and went and ate dinner. I come back and my cat was laying next to it. I quickly tossed a tube on it for visual effect and took a picture. She just layed their like, 'what? I'm chillin' leave me alone....'

bhbwvk.jpg

She snuggles up next to anything giving off any amount of heat. Heater, computer, monitor, vaporizer, xBox, tv, butt. Whatever. :lol: I just thought it was too cute and I should share. :D

SpiralArchitect,

alcatraz

Well, after finally getting through all 24 pages (2 hours!) I have become sold on the PD. I was going to get an extreme, because I had a vapir one before and liked the bags. When you think about it though, with any vaporizer you are just sucking vapor out of a plastic (or glass) mouthpiece, the difference is whether you let the machine take the hit for you or not. I think you can get a lot more control on your intake with a direct draw style. Watching those videos of PD abuse was what really sealed it for me though. I always vape with friends, and when you have vaped people, things get knocked over. It looks like the PD is up to the challenge.

Where in Port Orford do you live? I go camping for several weeks at the Edson creek campground very near town every summer. It's the highlight of my year, and always nice to meet someone else who enjoys the area.

alcatraz,

Purple-Days

Yes, I think I saw that you can vape catnip at about MJ temps... How about a catnip shotgun for your little buddies? :o

Uh-Oh the PD is following you. :ninja:

Hi Alcatraz, we are on the north end of town and have been up to that camp area for a winter walk, not a sole in sight. :lol: Let us know when you plan to be there (e-mail us) it's well worth the drive. I'll bring my gold pan and make a day of it... :)

Thanks for your interest. And patience getting through all these posts. Lots of info.

About the plastic we use, #5 Polypropylene, it's a high temp FDA approved plastic that is odorless/tasteless and easy to clean. My drinking 'glass' is made of the stuff. Real glass doesn't last around me, and neither would a fragile vape...

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Heh, yeah, it kinda has been migrating around the house, from PC to my room, to couch.... I just love how small it is. Feels very compact in my hand. Using my VW feels more like I'm smoking a fancy cigarette, whereas the PD is like taking a sip of a refreshing beverage... if that analogy makes any sense.... :/

I just love how little I can use to get where I want. Although I love the lung-splitting, dome-crushing hits from the VW, sometimes it can be a little bit too much. This is also a little more 'relaxing' to use. The PD gives me a nice little buzz and I can easily monitor how much I have used. This new batch vaporizes so much better.

I'm fresh out of catnip, otherwise I'd just sprinkle some on the cat bed and she'd be plenty happy. I'm not sure about vaping it. *shrug* Maybe some day when I get more and am bored I'll get back to you guys on that. ;)

Oh yeah, and I've already put the durability to the test. >.< It was sitting on the floor yesterday and I was walking past it and practically kicked it. :( I was so scared.... It didn't unplug but it just kinda rolled over twice and looked at me with it's single nefarious, violet eye and said "that's all you got?" :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
SpiralArchitect said:
Heh, yeah, it kinda has been migrating around the house, from PC to my room, to couch.... I just love how small it is. Feels very compact in my hand. Using my VW feels more like I'm smoking a fancy cigarette, whereas the PD is like taking a sip of a refreshing beverage... if that analogy makes any sense.... :/

I just love how little I can use to get where I want. Although I love the lung-splitting, dome-crushing hits from the VW, sometimes it can be a little bit too much. This is also a little more 'relaxing' to use. The PD gives me a nice little buzz and I can easily monitor how much I have used. This new batch vaporizes so much better.

I'm fresh out of catnip, otherwise I'd just sprinkle some on the cat bed and she'd be plenty happy. I'm not sure about vaping it. *shrug* Maybe some day when I get more and am bored I'll get back to you guys on that. ;)

Oh yeah, and I've already put the durability to the test. >.< It was sitting on the floor yesterday and I was walking past it and practically kicked it. :( I was so scared.... It didn't unplug but it just kinda rolled over twice and looked at me with it's single nefarious, violet eye and said "that's all you got?" :lol:
nothing will break that...the F250 rolling over it standing up! :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ_RIfmXfLs

Hennessy1414,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
So I tried a glob of wand hash in the PD. One fleck of herb underneath, one on top to 'contain' it, if it decided to liquefy.

The first hit didn't produce any vapor. So I was worried it was gonna go to waste. It must have taken all the moisture out of it in the first draw, because I've gotten ~6 huge hits out of it -- I've basically lost count, and it's still going strong. Taste like cinnamon buns, delicious.

:ko:

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
That little bowl is something, isn't it. :brow: BHO works wonders too.

The purple LED is strong 'round here. Haven't used anything else in over a month now that I think about it. :o Must be the convenience paired with my laziness. :D

:luv:;pd;

vtac,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
SA, I am definitely going to have to try that, sounds potent and delicious

stonemonkey55,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
My whip only sees ABV and the occassional fresh packed bowl and yet I have scraped out the whip hash from that and put it through my PD with great success. I love the way whip hash and any vapping by product is usually either fluffy or can be rolled into a tacky ball and yet isn't sticky. That is you don't end up with black smelly gloop on your hands.

The whole vapping process is clean from go to wo. No ash from your stash only pure hits and left over hash :brow:

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
^

Good rhyme.

That bowl finally went kaput. I dumped the remains onto my hand and their were a few flecks and those 2 tiny pieces of weed still. It all disappeared. :p

SpiralArchitect,

bongoman

I've just ordered my Tea Tree model.

Am in Australia so need to source a power supply.

Does it matter if it is regulated or unregulated?

Is it best to buy one rated at 1A or can/should I get one rated at 1.5A?

I can find a regulated 12v unit at both those amperages but not sure which one to get...

I can also find unregulated as well...

Any clues appreciated....

bongoman,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
vaporcloud can tell you exactly where to buy the required adapter down to the model number. :D Considering you appreciate the vapman, you're sure to love the PD, get ready for a treat.

vtac,

Purple-Days

Hey there bongoman, welcome to the family.

Regulated is 'better' and get the 1A not the 1.5A. I'll be tossing in a spec sheet for you to take to the Ausie version of our Radio Shack. Or you can refer to that International page where the specs are all written down. Just drop us a line if you need any help.

Glad you are all having fun. :ko:

Purple-Days,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Hey bongoman. I got a 12v 1A unregulated supply from Dick Smiths. Its one of those ones where you can have a variety of voltage settings. Yes it is unregulated (couldn't find a regulated one) but I don't think it makes a difference. I move my PD 'round the house and I get the same performance no matter what hot point I plug into.

I've used it in the car too with exactly the same performance as when used with my unregulated power supply so unregulated seems to be sweet. I must admit though, the wall wart from Dick Smiths wasn't as cheap as the $9 USD ones Tom gets from Radio Shack in the states. Think mine was around $40 but is a heavy duty mother and still meant my complete PD unit cost well under $250 NZ dollars. Compared to the crappy 'expire in 5 months' box vapes available locally I'm not complaining.

Good choice mate :tup:

vaporcloud,

Purple-Days

Our transformers don't come from Radio Shack, :cool: but do cost us around $10US at Jameco. Since they are for the North American grid only, they won't do you 'down-unders' any good.

When I said regulated was 'better', it's not required at all. 12 volts DC 1A, Type M - 2.1mm x 5.5mm center positive plug.

Purple-Days,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I checked the Dick Smith site in Aussie and they have units the same as mine, both unregulated and regulated. They are all a multiple plug setup ... with a 2.1mm x 5.5mm included.

Wahoo another antipodeon PD user to chat too :cool:

vaporcloud,

bongoman

Hey vaporcloud - there's a Dick Smith's down in Ballina, only a 20min drive from here. Guess where I'm going tomorrow morning? No way I'm going to be left holding a freshly delivered PD without any means to plug it in. I'm gonna be ready, willing and able...

Love the wave pic you have higher up in the thread as the backdrop to your PD portrait...

bongoman,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I've surfed in Ballina. North Ballina wall from memory. It was quite a long time ago now. Surfed Lennox Head the next day and it was pumping :lol:

Hope your PD travels fast across the ocean :brow:

edit: If you do go to Dick Smiths bongoman get the regulated unit if you can. I'm sure the unregulated ones are fine too but mines plugged into kiwi wiring and yours is going into an aussie hotpoint :p

vaporcloud,

bongoman

There's this one here http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/491027630cf0b550273fc0a87e010684/Product/View/M9927 on the Dick Smith site.

It says up to 1500mA - the only other regulated model does 500mA.

Although I also came across this one: http://www.futuretouch.com.au/productsinfo.asp?ProductCode=PSU-12-1A which is a regulated 12v 1A unit.

EDIT: the above link is now obsolete - maybe I bought the last one??

North Wall was where a 16 yo body boarder was killed by a Bull Shark several months ago. He was out after heavy rain, the water was murky and shark bite pierced his femoral artery.

bongoman,
Top Bottom