Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Please stay on topic (Purple-Days). This thread's had enough derails.

The water question has been discussed many times (a couple times already in this thread, even), and there are a few threads on the subject.

Search for keyword "water" and filter by "Topic subject only". Hell, make a new thread if you want to put some effort and research into it.

Thanks for your kind cooperation, it's appreciated :)

:argh: :p

vtac,

HeyHeyMandaKay

Manda Kay
Tom + Pam,

Hey! My name is Manda and I was introduced to Purple Days by my friend Will. Most of my friends and I are habitual herbivores ;) . Everyday, all day. Will had told us about the vaporizer he was getting, Purple Days; one man and his wife made them, they're lead free, very conservative... after he explained Purple Days to us it seemed like the perfect vape. We didn't think about it much after that until he got it, he had been so excited I realized this must really be the perfect vape! He finally managed to bring it over to the house so we could inspect it. When he showed it to me it was nothing like I expected, it was beautiful. I loved the way it looked, the way it felt, the way it smelled. As he let us get familiar with it I couldn't stop thinking about how perfect it really was. Now when I say its the perfect vape, I mean for myself (along with most people I know). I smoke all day long, its made to run all day long, I'm VERY conservative with my herb, and Purple Days is as well. Did I mention it has a car charger?! Truly perfect for the way I live and the situations I'm in all day long. I've never owned a vape myself, but I've enjoyed vaping, and I'm ready to get one. I know which one I'm getting. After seeing Purple Days in action in person, testing Will's out, and seeing your videos and your durability tests (which I loved and laughed at, I never would of thought of trying to run it over or throw it in the dryer!) there is no doubt in my mind Purple Days is the vape I'm getting. Now if getting my hands on one was only as easy as it was to fall in love with it!! I appreciate your choice to stay true to yourselves and Purple Days by keeping your vapes your own and still crafting them yourselves, but damn is it hard to get one. Till I finally do I'll be refreshing vapenow.com like there's no tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing Purple Days with the world!
Can't wait to enjoy a Purple Days of my own.

:peace: Manda Kay

HeyHeyMandaKay,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hey Manda Kay, glad you could join us.
Yes the PD is wonderful in all respects and I feel a personal connection to it not only as a prized possession but because there is a sense of aliveness to it.
When you think about it it's kind of ridiculous to sit here on our computers and talk about our vaporizers the way we do here, there is a component of absurdity to this at least to me, but these vapes are really important to us.
I stumbled onto this page about a year ago while researching vaporizers, and then after I got my PD I became obsessive/compulsive about it just like everyone else here, and I'm happy to be part of this crazy bus ride.
About six months ago a friend of mine bought a PD for a mutual friend for his birthday, he came over and I taught him how to use it and he said and he continues to say, "This is the BEST THING EVER!"

In my opinion there will be a tapering off point where demand and production will be in proportion. The PD is not very well known except in a few obscure corners on the internet like here and soon enough most people who want one will get them and then ordering will be very doable and not so frustrating, it's just a matter, I think, of waiting this out a short while.

later,
Jeff

jeffp,

Jedu

I agree with Jeffp, I feel my PD definitely has a sense of aliveness to it and we definitely treat it or at least talk about it like a living thing. I feel whenever my roomate and I talk about our pd its always something like...."Do you want to bring PD" or "Is PD warmed up" lol if that makes any sense.

Jedu,

slip

I'll be taking delivery of a red oak PD tomorrow (science willing). Needless to say I'm psyched. :cool:

Out of curiosity, how many of you have named your PD? I ask because I read Jedu's post as "Is Petey warmed up?"

slip,

Jedu

We just call ours PD :lol: but I feel like the name it was given fits it perfectly so...

Jedu,

HeyHeyMandaKay

Manda Kay
jeffp said:
Hey Manda Kay, glad you could join us.
Yes the PD is wonderful in all respects and I feel a personal connection to it not only as a prized possession but because there is a sense of aliveness to it.
When you think about it it's kind of ridiculous to sit here on our computers and talk about our vaporizers the way we do here, there is a component of absurdity to this at least to me, but these vapes are really important to us.
I stumbled onto this page about a year ago while researching vaporizers, and then after I got my PD I became obsessive/compulsive about it just like everyone else here, and I'm happy to be part of this crazy bus ride.
About six months ago a friend of mine bought a PD for a mutual friend for his birthday, he came over and I taught him how to use it and he said and he continues to say, "This is the BEST THING EVER!"

In my opinion there will be a tapering off point where demand and production will be in proportion. The PD is not very well known except in a few obscure corners on the internet like here and soon enough most people who want one will get them and then ordering will be very doable and not so frustrating, it's just a matter, I think, of waiting this out a short while.

later,
Jeff
I have to agree with you, Purple Days FEEL alive, not only by the way I've heard (or read) people talk about them but even when you see them or come into contact with them or even the way I feel about getting one. It feels like life would be complete once I get one!! Will has told me time and time again that its ALL he smokes out of, he's had more toys to smoke out of then I can rightly name and he's sworn that ever since he's gotten his its the only thing for him. Everytime I see his I just want to coddle it.

I've been pretty glued to my computer so I can manage to snag one before they're all gone. Will has frightened me into refreshing the page 24/7, but understandably if what he tells me is right. Around 15 to a shipment, and about one shipment a week. He's even told me people have piss jars so they won't miss it!! Lucky for me I have a portable laptop. :p

HeyHeyMandaKay,

thepope

HeyHeyMandaKay said:
Tom + Pam,

Hey! My name is Manda and I was introduced to Purple Days by my friend Will. Most of my friends and I are habitual herbivores ;) . Everyday, all day. Will had told us about the vaporizer he was getting, Purple Days; one man and his wife made them, they're lead free, very conservative... after he explained Purple Days to us it seemed like the perfect vape. We didn't think about it much after that until he got it, he had been so excited I realized this must really be the perfect vape! He finally managed to bring it over to the house so we could inspect it. When he showed it to me it was nothing like I expected, it was beautiful. I loved the way it looked, the way it felt, the way it smelled. As he let us get familiar with it I couldn't stop thinking about how perfect it really was. Now when I say its the perfect vape, I mean for myself (along with most people I know). I smoke all day long, its made to run all day long, I'm VERY conservative with my herb, and Purple Days is as well. Did I mention it has a car charger?! Truly perfect for the way I live and the situations I'm in all day long. I've never owned a vape myself, but I've enjoyed vaping, and I'm ready to get one. I know which one I'm getting. After seeing Purple Days in action in person, testing Will's out, and seeing your videos and your durability tests (which I loved and laughed at, I never would of thought of trying to run it over or throw it in the dryer!) there is no doubt in my mind Purple Days is the vape I'm getting. Now if getting my hands on one was only as easy as it was to fall in love with it!! I appreciate your choice to stay true to yourselves and Purple Days by keeping your vapes your own and still crafting them yourselves, but damn is it hard to get one. Till I finally do I'll be refreshing vapenow.com like there's no tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing Purple Days with the world!
Can't wait to enjoy a Purple Days of my own.

:peace: Manda Kay
Hey Manda,You didn't mention all the good karma that you get from Tom and Pammy with the PD ! They are really good people.

thepope,

HeyHeyMandaKay

Manda Kay
thepope said:
Hey Manda,You didn't mention all the good karma that you get from Tom and Pammy with the PD ! They are really good people.
Well I could tell that from the begging! Who else would make such an amazing unit and have it all to themselves but decided to give it to everyone else by making them themselves and putting the product out there. You can also tell how much they care about their product when Tom comes to talk to everyone about what he's made. He's curious as to the problems they might have that he isn't aware about. Most people would put it on the market, get others to produce it, and leave it at that. I haven't seen anyone but Tom and Pam put that much effort into a business.

But then again, personally I dono how much good karma comes with it! I don't have one yet. :(

HeyHeyMandaKay,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hey Manda Kay,
Are you close to Lawrence? Maybe it's the water but everyone from that area just seems very cool...

jeffp,

HeyHeyMandaKay

Manda Kay
jeffp said:
Hey Manda Kay,
Are you close to Lawrence? Maybe it's the water but everyone from that area just seems very cool...
LOL. Yes I am pretty close to Lawrence. Like 30-45 min drive at the most. But hey, glad you think so. Most people think we're all hill billies.

HeyHeyMandaKay,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Didn't William Burroughs live in Lawrence? I wouldn't consider him a hillbilly with a Jethro sized bowl of corn flakes...

jeffp,

HeyHeyMandaKay

Manda Kay
jeffp said:
Didn't William Burroughs live in Lawrence? I wouldn't consider him a hillbilly with a Jethro sized bowl of corn flakes...
Yes he did. I know a bit about him but not alot. I know he was addicted to opium and a famous american writer, but I've never read his works.

HeyHeyMandaKay,

Tritonz

He also shot and killed his wife playing shoot the apple off the head stunt when they were drunk.
Pretty weird first post but I also have a PD and have not used anything else since i got it. I think i might have gotten one of the last tea tree PD's

Tritonz,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I saw him read when I was in college and thought he was a monotoned ornery old fuck. bukowski would have been far more enjoyable.

jeffp,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Way to stay on topic guys...

I have been using diffusion beads w/ my 250 and my PD, found a few things.

Beads ( im using very small seed beads ) seem to work best when a moderate ammount of air is being moved.

A lightly packed PD bowl will diffuse better then a tightly packed keif bowl. I have not gotten to do a bunch of experimenting but im pretty sure its diffusing the whole time.

I can kick a PD bowl in 1 massive hit using no ice and room temp water, no coughing, no discomfort at all actually.

Survivalism,

HeyHeyMandaKay

Manda Kay
Tritonz said:
He also shot and killed his wife playing shoot the apple off the head stunt when they were drunk.
Pretty weird first post but I also have a PD and have not used anything else since i got it. I think i might have gotten one of the last tea tree PD's
He needed a PD in his life and less achly. :p

HeyHeyMandaKay,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
stickstones said:
I don't get it, survivalism...any chance of getting a pic?
Ahh!! Yeah sorry haha would be almost impossible to understand what i was saying without prior knowledge of beads, here are some pics :D

Survivalism,

WavyGravy

slip said:
I'll be taking delivery of a red oak PD tomorrow (science willing). Needless to say I'm psyched. :cool:

Out of curiosity, how many of you have named your PD? I ask because I read Jedu's post as "Is Petey warmed up?"
named mine Woody Harrelson. Woody for short.

Edit: Wow survivalism thats fascinating. Are those special beads or just normal ones in water? what effect does it have?

WavyGravy,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
They are glass and you need to cook them in the oven and then clean them in iso before using in your glass.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=565

Here is a thread for discussion on beads, i give all credit to prog here on FC for turning me onto the beads.

PD related, has anyone found a way to pack tubes w/ keif without it tightening up the draw?

Survivalism,

ILoveRadiohead!

Survivalism said:
PD related, has anyone found a way to pack tubes w/ keif without it tightening up the draw?
I've never loaded a stem with straight kief but always loaded a sort of "kief sandwhich" as someone else recommended awhile ago. Load a tiny bit of herb, then a layer of kief, then another tiny layer of herb. Add mayo, pickles, and mustard to please.

ILoveRadiohead!,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
ILoveRadiohead! said:
Survivalism said:
I've never loaded a stem with straight kief but always loaded a sort of "kief sandwhich" as someone else recommended awhile ago. Load a tiny bit of herb, then a layer of kief, then another tiny layer of herb. Add mayo, pickles, and mustard to please.
Well thats what i do as well but the keif always tightens the draw considerably.

Survivalism,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Well, after waiting 8 days for Jameco to send me two replacement wall warts they showed up today. Weirdest thing ever, neither one of them was the right part, and they weren't even the same as each other. They came in two different size boxes (which tipped me off to check them out before using them) with the right part number on the box, but the adapters weren't even Jameco brand. It looked like some bozo took two used wall warts out of his house and stuck them in boxes and shipped them out to me.

Called them and they are sending me replacements, but they won't get here for another 5 days and they want me to go through the hassle of sending these bogus ones back. I wouldn't call it bad customer service, but nothing to be proud of either.

I'll probably be out of weed by the time they get here, as I was hoping to be able to stretch this last bit with my PD.

stickstones,
Top Bottom