• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

Hi, all.

After weeks of refreshing the vapenow.com web site to try to purchase a PD, they finally start taking orders on a waiting list basis. Great. So, last Saturday, we place an order and get a confirmation email.

After that, nothing.

We've been lurking these forums hoping that some information would be forthcoming. No chance.

Tom is not around to give us some idea of deliveries. Besides, he's working 80+ hours per week and is doing us all a favor by selling us his product. And, don't you dare send vapenow.com an email because they won't reply and could get pissed off and cancel your order.

So, what can we do?

If vapenow.com took orders for 100 PDs at $180 each, they're sitting on $18,000 of our money. Do you think they could at least give us some general, ballpark, crystal ball idea of how many they expect to be able to deliver, and when?

This is really turning out to be the General Motors of vapes. There is absolutely no respect for the customer and,if you don't like it, there's another fool right behind you with his money out.

I'm totally fed up and I think we're all going to get burned.

I'm talking combustion.

AlanS,

lwien

AlanS said:
This is really turning out to be the General Motors of vapes. There is absolutely no respect for the customer.......
TOTAL bullshit.

lwien,

The_Algebraist

AlanS said:
I'm shocked! They're not providing you hour by hour updates? Damn, those guys are major assholes. Damn them!

DAMN THEM!!!!!!!!!

The_Algebraist,

spyder

The_Algebraist said:
AlanS said:
I'm shocked! They're not providing you hour by hour updates? Damn, those guys are major assholes. Damn them!

DAMN THEM!!!!!!!!!
How about a single update... Have you seen one???

spyder,

Durden

I am Jack's title
AlanS said:
Tom is not around to give us some idea of deliveries. Besides, he's working 80+ hours per week and is doing us all a favor by selling us his product.
It isn't that Tom is doing anyone any favors by selling us his product, rather he's doing the best that can reasonably be expected of him, and so doesn't deserve to be the target of people's frustration. I hate how people are so short sighted that they can't see that Tom is trying to be the nice guy in this whole situation by not jacking up the price to 300+ because of the demand. I guess when you resist the pull of classic supply and demand the confusion is too much for some to take.
He also has given us estimations of his work output (as you referenced above), which gives a ballpark estimation for how many will be delivered a week, so it's completely untrue that he isn't around to provide information. Unfortunately he's not a machine so his actual output is variable which complicates the situation. I really thought that the wait list would end people's complaints :|

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You will have to wait like everyone else to get a PD :horse:

Durden,

AlanS

The_Algebraist said:

DAMN THEM!!!!!!!!!
Nobody asked for an hourly update.

However, would it have been that terrible for vapenow.com to post just once on this forum something like:

Thanks, boys and girls, for the PD orders placed with us over the last few days. We receive approximately xx PDs per week from Tom. We usually get them on Tuesdays (or whatever) and we ship the next day. All orders are shipped USPS (or whatever) . Thanks again and rest assured we are doing everything we can to expedite all deliveries.

AlanS

AlanS,

max

Out to lunch
AlanS said:
We've been lurking these forums hoping that some information would be forthcoming.
You should have been reading up on the history of the vape and the problems that are inherent when you have a limited production item with high demand. The info on approximately how many units are built and shipped per week is here, as well as estimates of Vapenow order volume via order numbers.

There is absolutely no respect for the customer
You don't seem to get it that the waiting list you're complaining about is exactly what most people wanted, and that Vapenow is bending over backwards (when they don't need to) to make it easier on the customer. Who else caters to the customer in a seller's market? Nobody I've seen.

You obviously didn't read the part about getting off the waiting list and getting a refund. If you think the owner of Vapenow has a master plan to make a short term ripoff of PD buyers, while ditching the company he's spent years to build (fraud is a crime you know), well, I would disagree. It's not a good tradeoff.

TylerDurden said:
Tom is trying to be the nice guy in this whole situation by not jacking up the price to 300+ because of the demand.
Not to mention the fact that Vapenow could also raise the selling price, and that they are restricting sales to one unit per customer to avoid volume buying and give everyone a chance to get one. All things considered, PD buyers couldn't ask for two better companies to deal with than Purple-Days and Vapenow.

I'm sure we'll see many more complaints like this from people who won't take the time to read up on the PD story and see the seller's side of the issue.

max,

spyder

I think he is simple looking for a

we taken 100 orders to this point ... we ship 25 a week

so if you have an order in...expect to see it within the month

etc...etc....etc

Information is power....

spyder,

Durden

I am Jack's title
AlanS said:
Nobody asked for an hourly update.

However, would it have been that terrible for vapenow.com to post just once on this forum something like:

Thanks, boys and girls, for the PD orders placed with us over the last few days. We receive approximately xx PDs per week from Tom. We usually get them on Tuesdays (or whatever) and we ship the next day. All orders are shipped USPS (or whatever) . Thanks again and rest assured we are doing everything we can to expedite all deliveries.

AlanS
I know all that information just from reading around on this forum, at least as well as it appears anyone can know with so many variables in the equation, and after a few from the waiting list go out everyone will have an even better idea.

Durden,

spyder

TylerDurden said:
I know all that information just from reading around on this forum, at least as well as it appears anyone can know with so many variables in the equation, and after a few from the waiting list go out everyone will have an even better idea.
How many are on the waiting list?

spyder,

Durden

I am Jack's title
vapesalot said:
I am order # 1943, and i literally signed up for the waiting list in under 5 seconds after it was up.

I even practiced on other items, was already signed in, and had all of my info to copy/paste so all I had to do was click 3 times.....:o

When I did this, there were only 15 other people signed in, and maybe 25 more guests. If there are many people before #1943 I would be shocked. Also, remember that any other Vapenow order would also increase the order number.....

so....lets assume that #1943 is the 1st in line :lol:

If you are 2043, that does not mean you are #100 in line. There are many other vapes on VapeNow being purchased, many of those 100 orders will NOT be for the purple days.

On the other hand, If you are number 1963, the 20 in front of you are probably in line for the PD due to the initial waiting list rush.

My conservative estimate would be that Tom is pushing out 15 PDs a week (based on previous post, plus im being extra conservative.) Assuming this, up to 1955ish could be getting their vapes by next week.
2024 is the highest anyone has posted so far, so using 1940 as a starting point that's 85 orders so far, not all of them necessarily the PD. When the units go out and people post about it here a rough estimate of delivery time will be easy to figure out, without putting VapeNow in the position of estimating a time and then having people complain because of any delays. Information really is power.

Edit: I'm giving up on the PD for this week personally, and additionally, last time this happened (no activity on Thur/Fri when the order numbers were posted as delivered if anyone remembers) the units were all available on Monday, so fingers crossed :brow:

Durden,

spyder

Ok, so you have no idea how many are PD... you are just guessing

What if I told you there was more than 85 on the waiting list... :brow:

Information is power but pretending you have it ...is useless

spyder,

Durden

I am Jack's title
spyder said:
Ok, so you have no idea how many are PD... you are just guessing

What if I told you there was more than 85 on the waiting list... :brow:

Information is power but pretending you have it ...is useless
I'd tell you to put 180$ in limbo and get on the waiting list yourself right now and see what your order number is if you're that interested in the exact number. Even if the Vapenow guy told you how many were on the list exactly, it would still most likely end up being an estimate since people could drop out before you in line, and people will (presumably) continue to sign up making that number inaccurate shortly. Educated guesses are the foundation of information, give me some new evidence if you'd like, but until then I'll stick with my original estimation and feel very confident doing so.

Durden,

lwien

LOL. I can almost hear Tom thinkin', "Fuck it. Buy another vape already. If ya don't like the system, the solution is an easy one. Buy another fucking vape." VapeNow's got tons of other great vapes to choose from and THEY don't even have a waiting list. You can get them NOW !!

Funny. You always want what ya can't have. :cool:

lwien,

Durden

I am Jack's title
:rofl:

I almost edited that into the end of my last post, it's even more crazy now though since he gave everyone the system they were asking for.

This guy says it all... :horse:

Durden,

vapesalot

To VapeNow and Tom -

Most of us are VERY VERY HAPPY about the waiting list.

Vapenow - Thank you for listening to your customers, and trying to meet their needs in different ways. You have earned my future business.

Tom - Thank you for your amazing product, your ridiculously amazing service, your consistently patient and responsive posts on this forum, and caring about the little people by not raising prices to meet demand.

Anyone who has whined about this, specifically AlanS - I usually don't flame, but I'm seriously embarrassed for you. There is so much information at your fingertips, and vapenow and tom have shown that what you think is important to them.

Vapenow and Tom - Please ignore these people, they are in the minority.

vapesalot,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I'm in no true hurry. REALLY looking forward to getting it, but I can wait. If it was my FIRST vape, i could see the concern, and maybe the frustration. For me the PD will be a luxury, something to stretch the stash.

Speaking of stash's, I sure wish I had a camera :D When I buy my herb I get the best available and I get a lot. Enough to last me a month, or 28 days, or .5g's a day. You get the idea and amount. But today, it was SOOOO great, and their was two options. Plus the price was excellent. Hmmmm, needless to say I wanted to get double. One of each. Strawberries and Sour need to stick together. A 2 month supply. But I would obviously have to run to the ATM. I had little more than half of the $ i needed. No problem, my female supplier told me. Just take one full of each, i know you'll be back in 2 months, im in no hurry. WOW. I was blown away by her offer. Only lady supplier I've had, and she is a true business women. And per usual she twisted one up after, and declined my offer to contribute to the smoking. Hadn't "smoked" in maybe 3 weeks. No coughing, and i did get ripped, but couldn't help but think, that could easily be two sessions in my extreme. Then I would remember that I had silly amounts of fine herb.

Sorry if I have rambled but to bring this post full circle I have talked to this girl about switching to or trying vape. She is interested, but has never acted, and only had some volcano experiences and nothing more. When my PD comes in, I'll bring it on by to her as a surprise, with the cash owed. If I have to wait up to 2 months for the PD, i will be right on time. But if i get the PD earlier, I'm hoping I consume a little less.

Alright, good talk. :lol:

IAmKrazy2,

graywulf

We have several people who have posted with orders all over the waiting list. If one gets shipped they will likely post back, and that will at least give you a reference point (I'm #1949). In the meantime develop a little patience. :peace:

Purple-Days said:
I think the waiting list will be self limiting. Folks know how long they are willing to wait and won't go beyond that limit. :2c:

graywulf,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
honestly, I am totally happy with the waitlist... i am a patient guy, and I had the money now, don't know if I will have it later, nor did I have the time to try to buy when they were available for all of a few minutes. So I placed my order today, and now it will be like a happy little surprise when I get it. Besides, I got me enough vapes too keep me occupied till then. :D

DevoTheStrange,

josh

I'm order #1979. I suppose it is easy for me to be patient since I already have a PD. I'm just buying a back-up for a rainy day. I bought mine around 3:30 last Saturday. Wasn't expecting a waiting list but when I saw the opportunity I decided why not. No matter my situation, the VapeNow site clearly stated how this was going to work so there is really no reason to bitch. Everyone always thinks they have a better way of doing things.

Edit: Well, not everyone but you get the idea.

P.S. Vape two tubes in the morning, vape two tubes at night. Vape two tubes in the afternoon, to make you feel alright.

Doctor's Orders

josh,

Rebus Canebus

Order # 2035. I'm new to this forum as of today, however I spent a few days reading various threads before deciding to purchase a PD. It's refreshing to see someone like Tom who values integrity above profit. The PD is a high quality hand crafted item that Tom and Pammy should be deservedly proud of. Personally, After reading the background story on the PD website, as well as cruising the PD threads @ FC I was quite impressed with the passion the PD generates. I don't mind waiting for my time on the lathe. All things considered, it looks like a waiting list is the fairest solution. This way there will be no compromise to the quality and integrity that make a Purple Days diffuser what it is. :peace:

Rebus Canebus,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome Rebus. Good buying decision. ;) Will the PD be your first vape? Stick around and enjoy the forum. :)

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom