• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

max

Out to lunch
Post info, comments, complaints, etc. here, and not in the PD thread. Posts made there concerning PD availability will be deleted.

This thread also applies to discussion about eBay auctions, Craigslist, or any other way of obtaining a PD. ;)

The wait time estimate on Vapenow's site is just an estimate, and gets adjusted according to the volume of incoming orders. If it says 7 weeks when you order, that's the estimate for current, incoming orders. If it changes to 9 weeks a week or two AFTER you've placed your order, the 9 week estimate does NOT apply to you, but to people who have not yet ordered. And please don't email Vapenow and ask where your PD is just because you haven't received it by the estimated delivery time.

Estimate- noun- "an approximate judgment or calculation"

Vapenow is now accepting orders for PDs with the original purple leather bottom, black paisley, or either. Choosing 'either' gives you a chance to obtain a PD one shipment sooner.

Please do not use this thread to make recommendations on how Tom can expand his business to produce more PDs in a shorter period of time. ;)

max,

sinenomine

Thanks so much for starting this post, other one is quite an adventure to trawl through when trying to determine availability. What you said totally makes sense, I just wanted to make sure that they in fact did not go on sale yesterday. Good luck to all other refresh robots!

sinenomine,

hub

I've just about given up on the PD. A month ago I was excited and brimming with anticipation. Now, I'm just annoyed at the effort it takes to get a unit.

I don't see how anyone at Vapenow can think that this is a good solution for customers. What other company expects you to sit around refreshing a page all day every day just for a window of a few minutes to order something.

I was appreciative that they narrowed it down to Wednesday of every week, but then Wednesday came and went and no page updates. That's just bullshit.

Why not announce the ordering date/time in advance? "This week, Friday at 12PM CST we will have Purple Days units to order." At least then I wouldn't have to plan a whole fucking day around refreshing.

Tom says that a wait list is a terrible idea, but I'd rather pay now and wait 6 months to get a unit rather than the hassle this has become.

I thought that I could leverage this forum to help notify me when the units were available. But the subscribe to thread function works so sporadically as to be useless. I get notified of about 1/3 of new posts.

Maybe I'll try again in a few months when someone has devised a better solution than refresh and pray.

hub,

HiC

Hey, hub. I feel yer pain. They just went on sale not long before you posted yer message. :o I was lucky enough to catch a post on the PD thread about it and was able to place an order with my heart pounding in my throat! This was just after being a naughty boy and complaining about Vapenow in the PD thread. Just be persistent, that's all I can say.

HiC,

hub

Yeah, I saw that post about 5 minutes after it went up.

I've had check4change running for a while now on Firefox, and it didn't alert me to any page change until the product page was removed. I thought maybe the page was about to be updated, but no it was just to let me know they were out of stock again. Sigh :rolleyes:

I can see the need to clean up the Purple Days thread. How good can the product look when the last several pages are just bitching about ordering.

I just don't understand with all the complaints why the same system persists. Change the shit already. Obviously it's causing a lot of grief. And for me, I'm not so upset that I missed this batch (or the several before that), I'm upset that the whole system is fucked up. Try something new already.

With all the constant page refreshes, I wonder if vapenow's bandwidth is starting to reflect the inefficiency of keeping customers in the dark.

hub,

The Yeti

Damn IT!!! Refreshing all day (at work, of course :brow: ) Had to go to a meeting for a half an hour, and that just happens to be the when they put 'em up for sale!! Missed again....:(

The Yeti,

Purple-Days

Mybe if I post The Plan here it will help some folks understand.

The Plan:
A) Ship a planned number of units to VapeNow.com. mostly PD originals and a few in the paisley set-up.
B) Don't interfere with VapeNow. (my rule, not theirs) North American sales is in the hands of a professional team.
C) Ship on Mondays, via 2-3 day Priority Mail, USPS. Maybe Monday, maybe Tuesday... Stuff happens.

VapeNow knows this schedule.

However... the entire system, is at that point, in the hands of the US Postal System (USPS) and out of the control of both Purple-Days Diffusers and VapeNow.com

But it's 2-3 day Priority, you say. 'They' know when it will be there. Wanna bet? As Max pointed out, even a single shipment can and has been split, arriving on consecutive days. Don't ask if priority is guaranteed, it is not.

When will PD be on sale? Probably the day that VapeNow gets them. What time? Seems to have been established, but that's not guaranteed, and I have no info other than is posted here.

Hub says,"I was appreciative that they narrowed it down to Wednesday of every week..." Not sure how you get that, based on what I just posted, it's going from the Wild Rivers Coast to the nether regions of Vermont. Yeah, maybe Wednesday, maybe Thursday. Maybe we take an evening off and visit with friends who stop by, and we ship on Tuesday. Not gonna be a Wednesday sale that week, I betcha.

As Max suggested VapeNow has no reason to monitor this thread, it has already taken on a tone of an non-productive thought.

Hub further says, "Try something new already." yet offers no constructive advice. What is it called...?

Please offer constructive criticism. That is, a plan that will work better. Think of it from both sides, not just the kid wanting candy side.

Do not suggest a waiting list... What? You want to put your name down and have me e-mail you when we have one available? Sure... So how long would the list be? And by the time I get around to e-mailing you, will you still want one? And do I wait around for you to e-mail me back? About a product that you had a passing interest in 6 months ago? That is, after I have e-mailed and waited on all those before you? Sure... THINK! It would never work.

Do not suggest back order. A back-order is for a sale that was made by mistake. I just got a call from Jameco, ordered 50 Transformers, they had 46, I have 4 on back order and know when they will be at Jameco, who is shipping them seperate. That is a back order.

Do not suggest taking money and people just have to wait. Read some of those PD Experience posts to get a gauge on people's patience. Are we there yet? My in box would be full of, "Is it done yet?" And each answer would slow production of everyone's product. Believe me, it did ! ! ! Even a short lead time, like 2 weeks generates numerous e-mails.

Do not suggest raising the price till demand meets supply. Then only the rich would have them. I'm not here to cater to the upper classes.

Do not suggest farming part of the work out or hiring. I can't even afford to hire a minimum wage employee. This is a labor intensive product, which also requires a bit of skill to produce. If I have to hover over a min. wage monkey, I might as well do it myself.

Do not suggest having them built for us. See above. And secondly, there would be no assurance the right (RoHS) parts were being used. Not an option.

So suggest something.

Do the math, they take about 4 hours to build, and there is one guy building them (with some help from my lovely assistant). How many a week do you suppose that is? I'll let you know I avg. 80+ hours a week (not bitchin', just a fact). Yeah, even then it's still not many.

With limited numbers like that, make a suggestion that will work. Either for us or for VapeNow. How would you do it better? Please think your answer through.

If it ain't constructive... it's bitchin'.

And a PS. to those using that extension, read that post about it, he implies that it is probably slowing VapeNow's ability to do business. How do you other folks feel about that? Someone refreshed over 2000 times in one day last week. Comments?

Purple-Days,

HiC

hub said:
I've had check4change running for a while now on Firefox, and it didn't alert me to any page change until the product page was removed. I thought maybe the page was about to be updated, but no it was just to let me know they were out of stock again. Sigh :rolleyes:
The exact same thing happened to me with check4change, but I was lucky enough to be refreshing the PD thread as well and happened to see the message about them being available (which has now been deleted). It all came down to dumb luck brought about through persistence, I guess. The thing is I never would've gotten my order through if someone hadn't violated the mods' request not to discuss availability issues in the PD thread. Go figure.

P.S. Sorry again, Tom. You probably hate me now cuz of my bitching. I was trying to be funny more than anything and my judgment was probably clouded by exasperated loopiness. I can say this now after being lucky enough to have been able to place an order. I still feel for the refresh-makers.

HiC,

Purple-Days

No hate at all, this is the place to post this stuff. Like "It's on now !"... Or "This Sucks.".

Just be constructive or creative if you want us (PD / VN) to listen.

Share times, info, disgust, whatever with each other in this thread.

I can't add more, and will likely not see posts in this thread. Share creative ideas with us or VapeNow via private contact. Or talk to the wind. Serious. :2c:

Purple-Days,

WhyWouldYou

I think I posted this in the other thread a while back, but why not make use of an automated "Back In Stock Notification" email alert? Sure there would be a rush, but at least everyone interested would be alerted at the same time... Seems a bit more fair and there would be no need for the masses to refresh constantly. Just my :2c:

WhyWouldYou,

hub

Thanks for joining this thread, Tom. I agree that it does a disservice to have so much complaining about ordering in the other thread. It makes it difficult to weed through the great information.

When will PD be on sale? Probably the day that VapeNow gets them. What time? Seems to have been established, but that's not guaranteed, and I have no info other than is posted here.
A more definitive time would be wonderful. I hadn't seen an approximation posted.

Hub says,"I was appreciative that they narrowed it down to Wednesday of every week..." Not sure how you get that
I got that impression from the VapeNow order page:
"We expect to have Purple Days units ready to ship on weekly basis every Wednesday."

Hub further says, "Try something new already." yet offers no constructive advice.
I posted my suggestion after some thought in a later post. So you've explained how the shipping works, and we know the Post Office is not entirely predictable. Rather than shipping on the day they are received at some random moment, why not offer these units for sale at an announced day and time every week? Every Friday or Saturday at noon for instance, or make the date and time up after each weekly shipment is received.

Do not suggest a waiting list... What? You want to put your name down and have me e-mail you when we have one available? Sure... So how long would the list be? And by the time I get around to e-mailing you, will you still want one? And do I wait around for you to e-mail me back? About a product that you had a passing interest in 6 months ago? That is, after I have e-mailed and waited on all those before you? Sure... THINK! It would never work.
Less a waiting list and more a pre-order. I'd seriously rather pay you in full now and know that some indefinite time down the road I'd be basking in all the Purple Days glory. I'm patient. I don't require hand holding and updates, just the eventual promise of a product I'd truly like to own.

Although you think that idea is crazy, I think it's no more crazy than the length so many of us have gone through thus far since the Vapenow order system has been in place.

Right now, this situation is tantamount to the last few seconds of an auction when bidders are whipped into a frenzy and pay far too much on pure emotion, hence all the emotional bitching I know we're all tired of hearing.

A while back I came across a great company that makes some really awesome pants and clothing by hand in New York city. http://www.outlier.cc

At the time I discovered the company, they had sold out of that run of pants and said they wouldn't have any more available until the next batch in the spring. In February they allowed pre-orders from their page. I placed an order and waited until the end of April to receive the pants. I liked them so much, I placed another order and am waiting for this batch too.

I understand that quality hand-made items take time and carry a premium, so I'm waiting patiently with no need for frequent updates other than what's on their site. I like those clothes for the same reason I choose to support Purple Days over another company. The difference is the effort I've had to go through for each order.

In one case, I placed an order and waited. In the other case, week after week, I have to turn into a mad-refresh king, only to be let down over and over again. The Outlier pants, even with the long wait, have provided me an all-around positive experience from order to receipt. The Purple Days *ordering* alone has done nothing but stress me out.

As it stands, you have a dedicated following of people so anxious to try out your product that we devote entire days and weeks to refreshing a site non-stop just for that glimmer of hope that I, too, might be lucky enough to be in front of my computer and can type my credit card number fast enough to get a PD in that 180 second window once a week.

And a PS. to those using that extension, read that post about it, he implies that it is probably slowing VapeNow's ability to do business. How do you other folks feel about that? Someone refreshed over 2000 times in one day last week.
I brought up this point myself. All of us refreshing non-stop, manually or with scripted assistance, could potentially act like a Distributed Denial of Service attack on vapenow. At the very least, refreshing that page to get an update uses some of their finite bandwidth and will cause them to occur additional costs.

However, I have to wonder what Vapenow expected by posting, "Check back often, because they will go fast, there has been overwhelming interest." Often, indeed. But then if we aren't refreshing every few seconds, we'll miss that oh so miniscule window of opportunity.

Just as you have so few options available when it comes to the distribution of the PD, I feel that we too have limited options when it comes to purchasing one.

I tried subscribing to the Purple Days thread in the other forum, knowing that someone would be generous to post each time the units were available. The subscription system on these boards simply does not work reliably. Missed the units that week.

I tried manual refreshing, but if you don't refresh every minute, you're gonna miss the chance. I was refreshing the page on my iPhone while driving down the interstate last week. Of course, I met my mom for a quick lunch, and damn if I didn't miss the sale in that 20 minutes.

I tried the browser extension to refresh for me, but that didn't alert me to changes either. I sat in front of my computer all day Wednesday this week and then all day Thursday. I glanced at the screen every few seconds and the page never changed for me until the product page disappeared as the went out of stock. I guess I need to clear my cache before each refresh.

If I had the know how, I could make a Purple Days faster than I could order one. It takes four hours to make one, but it has taken me countless hours in an attempt to obtain one. I'm sure you never intended ordering to become this difficult.

So my suggestion again is a set day and time each week and communicate that to customers. Even if vapenow has to wait to receive the units and then post the date and time for ordering...There will still be a mad rush to order, but at least I wouldn't go crazy up to that point, and we might ease the continuous load on the vapenow server.

Since these units sell out as fast as you can make them, I'd imagine that the ordering window could be stretched from a few minutes to maybe several minutes if rather than selling through weekly inventory, you allowed the inventory to grow to a larger quantity before releasing them to order. :2c:

Phew...:ko:

hub,

Purple-Days

"Since these units sell out as fast as you can make them, I'd imagine that the ordering window could be stretched from a few minutes to maybe several minutes if rather than selling through weekly inventory, you allowed the inventory to grow to a larger quantity before releasing them to order."

Did you get the drift, he ain't listening, and neither am I (edit: sorta).

Purple-Days,

hub

Not sure what the response meant, except that maybe I shouldn't have bothered to reply with something constructive if it was going to be disregarded anyway. I'm not sure why logically it doesn't make sense to pre-announce when the ordering window will open. Refresh, refresh, refresh...doesn't seem nearly as intuitive.

hub,

Purple-Days

My point was, if you have some constructive suggestions, make them to the company that can effect change. I'm not going to read endless rehash of things I said I won't do. I have explained what wont work. I have asked for quality suggestions (that will work for all sides). I still see none in my in box and doubt that VapeNow has either.

Not disregarding you, just seems you haven't looked at both sides, all aspects.

Purple-Days,

Pitzpon

the PD availability will always be a bottle neck, Tom and Pammy are already doing the best they can.

maybe they should have a "PD lottery", every calender week you could place a single order to VapeNow (duplicated would get deleted leaving only one order) then from all those who entered the order 20 or so lucky people would be randomly picked and then could pay for their new PD, if the model they wanted was out they would get it next week, if they decided they dont want it then another lucky person would get picked.
when there is so much demand this is the only fair way for everyone i could think of, also this would eliminate the problem where people buy a more then a single PD and sell it overpriced on eBay.

and just to make peace with those who would be willing to pay the extra money on eBay anyways, Tom could sell one PurpleDays there every month or so, and all the money raised above the 180$ cost will go to a charity of some sort, so the wining bidder that would have payed the extra $$ for not waiting anyways will now put that extra money to good use instead of financing someone that is screwing the rest of the people waiting just so he could make some $$.

i know its not perfect, Just a thought ...

Pitzpon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
and just to make peace with those who would be willing to pay the extra money on eBay anyways, Tom could sell one PurpleDays there every month or so, and all the money raised above the 180$ cost will go to a charity of some sort, so the wining bidder that would have payed the extra $$ for not waiting anyways will now put that extra money to good use instead of financing someone that is screwing the rest of the people waiting just so he could make some $$.
It isn't my place to say if this will happen --- but I really, really like this idea. I know for some people, money isn't as much an issue as time.

SpiralArchitect,

nobilo

http://cgi.ebay.com/Purple-Days-Vap...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

Third PD I've seen on ebay. There will certainly be more to come. I guess I'm glad vapenow stopped people from ordering multiple units....I was the first to complain about this issue on the PD thread. Although my comments were erased, it looks like folks familiar with the situation were thinking along the same lines and poof, a couple days later and they changed the system at vapenow. Although these posts were looked at as bitching....there was a constructive nature to them as well.

I'm still not certain why the powers to be are SO OPPOSED to a waiting list. It would be interesting to see how many folks would actually fork over a credit card for an item they may not receive for a month or two. I really don't think that the waiting list would be quite as long as anticipated. The PD still isn't known by most.......I would think it would be of interest to those that are making it, and those selling it to know what the demand really is. All they know right now is they are able to sell X amt. of units in five minutes once a week. I'm sure the amount of emails that Tom received at one time and Vapenow is currently receiving is a good gauge of the activity they might see......and perhaps the amount of emails has been so overwhelming that they've already realized it will ALWAYS be like this.

I really am interested to see if the supply ever catches up to the demand. It obviously will someday in the future.....its inevitable. However, until another vape comes along that is equally efficient......and is perhaps more portable (lithium ion) and doesn't need thirty minutes to warm up.......I can see the situation with the PD staying much the same that it is now.

I find it a little ironic that Tom is so concerned with pricing folks out of the vape....and I understand why he doesn't want to up the price. Its actually quite admirable that he doesn't want to cater to only richie rich. However, the vape is currently basically being priced out of many people's hands anyway.......and that price is time. Those that don't have time to sit around and refresh a browser a thousand times a day won't be getting their hands on this vape. Those with jobs, or families that depend on them......those without countless hours to waste are really disadvantaged by the current system.

I know that a waiting list has already been rejected wholeheartedly by Tom.......on one hand he states that he has turned over all US sales decisions to Vapenow, and then dictates to them how they must sell them. However, there was no ordering limit by vapenow two weeks ago......and then some bitching took place and calmer heads prevailed. It wasn't too hard to see what was going to happen if vapenow allowed multiple orders......tons of PD units on ebay going for three or four hundred dollars. I would imagine the one I posted above will be going for a minimum of three or four hundred. This is why businesses do waiting lists and lotteries for hard to find items.......to make an even playing field. The current system is not an even playing field......it advantages a certain demographic whether anybody wants to admit it or not. Those that have jobs and families and responsibilities are at a tremendous disadvantage.......so instead of catering to the rich.....you have catered to those that can sit at their computers the longest. Again.....this is why businesses have come up with the concept of a waiting list....it helps to not alienate their customers, and actually decreases the amount of work and resources that have to be dealt with. Imagine not having to answer all of those emails about the availability, or why your items weren't for sale on Wednesday etc. Furthermore vapenow could state: we reserve the right to stop taking orders for this item at any time, so as not to create too much of a lead time. Tom still sends the same number of vapes......and if he needs a vacation.....screw it, nobody gets vapes sent that week. Not sure which is the lesser of two evils, or would be more grief for the builder or the seller.....but I know that the customer would be more satisfied. Asking folks to give up their lives on top of waiting to obtain your product doesn't create much good will in the end.

I would love to hear what others think about the current situation, and would love to see constructive ideas about how it could be handled. Perhaps if a consensus is reached about what would be best for the consumer also.......it will be taken into consideration. Right now....it really looks at times like the only consideration that is cared about is for the builder and seller. Stating all of the things that you won't even consider isn't the most constructive thing in the world either......it makes it look as if you aren't open minded at all. Again, I hope this is taken as constructive criticism if read......I know Tom is working hard and needs a life also. Its not as if the only non-constructive posts are coming from non-PD owners. There has been a ton of backlash in the PD thread directed at folks who are just trying to be like the PD owners......one of the lucky few. Like I said.....I was really hot to trot a couple months ago.....and now dealing with the whole first and fifteenth thing with the PD crew, and then seeing the current mess with vapenow has left me believing I will never see this vape. One of my better friends has one, which is what led me to want one.....but even he thinks the current situation is preposterous. I don't have any perfect answers myself, so I'm hoping others can contribute some good thoughts here.....and that those that are on the other side of the coin, whether it be PD owners, builders or sellers can be helpful instead of just beating the hell out of us.

One other thought: has it dawned on anybody that this product is made in the good old USA, but can only be easily purchased by foreigners. Yet another disparity in the ordering process....our foreign friends are able to easily order from Tom, while the North American customers are left to become "refresh monkeys" as somebody put it. It seems there are several folks that are sitting in front of their computers all day trying to obtain this thing (2000 refreshes a day??? crazy MF's) Will a time come when the demand for this product is so high that half of the supply is being sent outside our borders.......while the US contingent scrambles week after week hitting refresh for the rest of the bounty, while having to compete against folks that are adept at running an ebay business out of their home?

Somebody stated in the PD thread a few weeks ago to be patient....in fact it was even a bit chastising, like this isn't Hannah Montana dude.....it isn't going to sell out in five minutes. Well, it is Hannah Montana, and we are all scrambling to buy a ticket. Unfortunately....just like with ticketmaster....this has the ability to be ruined with only those willing to pay bigger $$$ on Ebay obtaining the item, with bots panning the vapenow site stealing all the best goodies, while the normal guy suffers. While I don't think it will get this extreme, nobody probably envisioned the three and five minute windows....or all the outrage....or starting to see multiple PD's on ebay. My posts discussing this were mocked and erased.

Anyway, I truly wish everyone on this site the best that reads this. I have pissed off several people on the PD thread at times......so I quit posting there a couple of weeks ago, even though I had valid concerns regarding my PD experience. They like the chill vibe over there, and I respect that. Thanks to them for creating this thread. Although if the current supply and demand problems exist for a lengthy period of time, this thread may grow......and maybe even surpass the PD owners thread someday.....which would be sad but comical. It is possible folks.......this vape has only been in circulation for a year or so....and we are going on a couple of months of difficulty in the customer service/ordering department. I only hope for everyone's sake this doesn't continue, bc I would hate to see the vape get a bad rap due to availability issues....it is a great device that is worthy of respect.

nobilo,

nobilo

Two units on ebay now.....one already receiving six bids! Cant wait to see how much these babies sell for? It is only a matter of time before the ebayers take over the vapenow market for the device. These people make their living by finding coveted hard to obtain items.....and then being better than the rest at obtaining them. It will be interesting to see if half the US market vapenow PD's start hitting ebay.

nobilo,

sanjo

1. setup a vapenow account (it jumped my cart when I was entering my info 3 weeks ago)
2. download ReloadEvery for firefox
3. set the window around the sold out pic (keep it in view all day)
4. wait

A day or two a week with a noon to 5 window is not that much time. There on sale for 20-30min. from what I have seen. If I was working normal hours I would never have been able to place an order.

sanjo,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
One other thought: has it dawned on anybody that this product is made in the good old USA, but can only be easily purchased by foreigners. Yet another disparity in the ordering process....our foreign friends are able to easily order from Tom, while the North American customers are left to become "refresh monkeys" as somebody put it. It seems there are several folks that are sitting in front of their computers all day trying to obtain this thing (2000 refreshes a day??? crazy MF's) Will a time come when the demand for this product is so high that half of the supply is being sent outside our borders.......while the US contingent scrambles week after week hitting refresh for the rest of the bounty, while having to compete against folks that are adept at running an ebay business out of their home?
What type of bollocks is this?

I'm from Australia, I recieved my PD earlier this week.

Have you ever stopped to think that we don't have ONE (yes, ONE)) vaporizer dealer in the whole of Australia? You CAN NOT buy a vaporizer in Australia! You got dozens of vaporizer companies and dealers in the US, that offer great prices, offer free shipping, arrives under a week, standard 110-120V US plugs.

We pay big $$ for our vaporizers (my Silver Surfer costed me nearly $500), we pay $$ for our international shipping, we wait multiple weeks (sometimes over months) while they're shipped around the world. We drive around, buying wall adapters, step down transformers and all types of gadgets... then when it's all said and down, if anything ever breaks we're half way across the world.

We're all equal here, the patriotic argument is insulting at best.

Chubba,
i love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains, of ragged mountain ranges, of drought and flooding rains... 9 days from PD land 2 me here on top of the bottom of the world! The lack of refreshing was refreshing!

thevapedcrusader,

Purple-Days

Couple of observations.

E-Bay sucks. We have never, ever sold an item there and you will never see Purple-Days Diffusers offering an item there.

On multiple item orders from VapeNow. I think that was an oversight in the first week of sales. Not a good idea, fortunatley the fellow who bought two got one for himself and one for a friend. Not one to sell on Flea-Bay. I am disgusted by the scalping of PDs.

I believe Max on this forum said something to VapeNow and he made the changes so it's a one per order sales system. VapeNow obviously listens to quality suggestions.

On stating what I won't do. ie. Do not suggest... These are items that have been considered and rejected. Why go over the same ground. I laid these out so we could get them out of the way. Some rejected for reasons too lengthy and subtle to discuss in a format like this. Others have obvious reasons, ifyou can look at both side. These are suggestions I reject. Doesn't mean VapeNow rejects them. I repeat, I do not interfere with VN biz practices.

Nobilo, the lotto is a new suggestion. Thought of it, in conjunction with the 1st / 15th idea. Rejected. Figured it would just piss more folks off. I don't even play the 'lotto'. Maybe VN would like the suggestion, maybe not. But, we won;t know unless it is suggested to them.

Waiting lists sound great to you all? Sure for a Ferrari. But a <$200 item... Take my name , take my name, then what? Think that through, from the sellers side. If I'm selling to the list, do you e-mail and wait for Joe Somebody to get back to you? How long do you give him to respond? Oh, he doesn't have the money this week and would you please hold his spot in line while he... Or he got tired of waiting and got another vape and never reponds... while you wait patiently for his purchase... Or he misses his window and you sell to the next guy, and get the inevitable sad e-mail that he was out of town and missed your alert, but he still needs that vape (uh, that you sold).

Take money and they just have to wait? I have tried to explain the impatience of folks. This is a drive-thru, microwave, soundbite, instant world. The younger the buyer the less he is willing to wait on anything, as a rule. I want it, I want it now. I'll repeat, even with a 2 week lead time clearly stated to buyers we continually got, "is it done yet?" e-mails. Every answer slows the production process. Would VApeNow go for it? I don't know, you would have to ask them. I reject it for many reasons other than the e-mails.

On Made in USA and PD not selling to North America. A couple of factors. One is the wall power. All standard in NA. Makes it two markets, NA (standard kits) and Others. Others require special services that VN cannot provide. Including working through the power requirements, language barriers etc.

On the price of waiting. There are tons of vaporizers out there. Some really great ones. This is not a monopoly. This is not a line you have to wait in. This is a back yard grill and I can only cook so many burgers.

Nobilo says, "I would hate to see the vape get a bad rap due to availability issues..." Sorry, but mass production is out. Not interested.

Purple-Days,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I'll repeat, even with a 2 week lead time clearly stated to buyers we continually got, "is it done yet?" e-mails. Every answer slows the production process.
Sorry Tom :ninja:

I would hate to see the vape get a bad rap due to availability issues...
The avaliability can get a bad rap, but the vape itself can only be judged on its own merits.

Chubba,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Just did an ebay search and there are two for auction...starting bid of $200 plus shipping. You guys that are really serious might want to bid on them...unless your time spent refreshing and waiting isn't valuable to you.

This reminds me of when the Wii came out. It was a full year before they could be found on store shelves in any sort of quantity. Only now am I seeing them appear in pawn shops. But those things were popping up on ebay for starting bids of $200 more than MSRP...and people were buying them!

I'm not sure that supply will ever catch up with demand regarding the PD simply due to how long it takes to make them and we're not going to see any factory made units ever. The current PD thread seems to be doing a fine job of keeping new people interested. The only way supply will definitely keep up with demand is if the price is upped even more...and the already increased $30 bump didn't slow things down a bit.

Tom, I know you don't want help making these things and you don't want to up the price. However, a price increase would not only finally pay you what you are worth, but would also put things in balance. It will be interesting to see what they go for on the open ebay market...probably in the $230 to $250 range. The ebay scalping has only just begun and will get worse. I, for one, would STRONGLY rather see you get that money than some scalper. There is nothing wrong with you making more money off these things, especially if someone is going to make that money anyhow.

stickstones,

HoneyAir

Instead of a waiting list where you have to try and communicate with EVERY one in the list and check if they responded... [as we can agree, too much hassle]....

How about a 'starting gun' list?

Subscribing to an email list where you can send in the 'unsubscribe' command anytime so that you can turn off the emails when you dont need them anymore/or they become annoying.

In this email list, when the PDs are ready, Vapenow posts in that list and it goes out to everyone, being a 'starting gun' for people to put in their orders before it runs out.

Of course, the downside of such an idea is whether Vapenow servers can take the hit of so many accessing their site all at once... overall though it would cut down on the incessant page refreshes the server is going through all the time.

HoneyAir,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom