Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebus Canebus

Order $ 2035 Sat 06/13/09
Thanks for the welcome. The PD will be my first vaporizer purchase in 38 years. Other than experimenting with a home made vape using a car cigarette lighter element in a jar back in the 70's. since then I've endured with a sorta harsh brass Proto Pipe which suits my meager smoking style well. I was always interested in vaporization, however due to it's low profile and simplicity I continued to use the Proto. I recently had an opportunity to try a Volcano, and I absolutely loved the experience of vaporization. So that started a quest to find a vaporizer that would meet my smoking style. After looking at the various technologies available I decided that convection seemed the better choice, and the PD's specifications pretty well matched my needs <.5 gram per day. My only regret is that I didn't start vaping years ago. so if I have to wait a couple of months or more to get the PD no big deal. Although I'm sure my lungs are going to thank me. Also coming from the former Proto Pipe users here, looks like I'm going to like the efficiency too. This makes the wait a double no brainer. New shop + good vibes= PD delight.

"All things come round to him who will but wait."

Rebus Canebus,

lwien

I went from a Proto to a VaporGenie to a PD. When I went from the Proto to the VG, I smoked half as much to get just as high. When I went from the VaporGenie to the PD, I cut it in half again to get to the same high. So.........congrats on some major weed conservation. From my experience, your bud is gonna last you 4 times as long as it did through your Proto, it'll taste a whole bunch better, and you won't be scorchin' the back of your thoat anymore.

Congrats on a great choice.

lwien,

josh

That will make #2. I already updated my sig in anticipation. Only have possession of 1 PD right now. In other news, EDIT emailed me on 6/9 saying my EHLE has shipped so hopefully I will be getting that sometime soon. Can't wait to vapor bong with my PD. Just tried an extra virgin olive oil rubdown on my PD this afternoon. Works nicely, although a little goes a long way. I poured about a tenth of a shot glass or less and only needed two dabs. Didn't rub down the leather though...only the wood. I did some buzz butter on the leather last week which gave it a nice shine. I absolutely love the PD and cannot imagine ever being without. I will probably eventually order a 3rd, but it will have to be a different wood. I was liking the sound of the wood Tom talked about a while back. The one that reminded him of a Louisville Slugger. What was that, Birch maybe? Can't remember right now and am too high to go looking. Either way 2 cherry's should be good, but if a diff wood comes available I wouldn't be opposed to buying another. They are such a good investment they pretty much pay for themselves.

josh,

d'greenqueen

I too, was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my ;pd; Iv only used it about 6 times since iv had it and have been somewhat underwhelmed by it as far as taste goes. Am i missing something????
Back to the vrip tech wand for me!:peace:

d'greenqueen,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Try leaving it on for a while, I've read that can help with the units performance when you first get it, I'm still waiting on mine though so take it for what it's worth ;)

Durden,

josh

d'greenqueen said:
Am i missing something????
Plug it in when you first get it. Let it heat up for 45 minutes before your first use. Finely ground bud sucked up the tube like a straw. Insert and slow deep hit or two. Then empty tube and repeat until good. Leave plugged in 24/7 so you can enjoy anytime. I have mine hooked up to a battery backup surge protector so as long as power is not out for a long time it should always be good to go. I'm not sure what else there is. Are you not getting good vapor?

josh,

lwien

d'greenqueen said:
I too, was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my ;pd; Iv only used it about 6 times since iv had it and have been somewhat underwhelmed by it as far as taste goes. Am i missing something????
You can't really compare the VripTech to the PD. The PD is king of efficiency, but in getting that efficiency, you do lose some of the super tasty, super rich hits that the VripTech will give, but the VripTech will never be as efficient as a PD. Can't really have both going on at the same time.

lwien,
yes you CAN compare the flavors produced two different vaporisers if you've tried them. Lwien have you used the VHW? Back on topic. Has anyone on the waiting list got their unit?

thevapedcrusader,

lwien

thevapedcrusader said:
yes you CAN compare the flavors produced two different vaporisers if you've tried them. Lwien have you used the VHW? Back on topic. Has anyone on the waiting list got their unit?
Are you suggesting that the PD can be as tasty with thickly rich vapor as a Vrip? From everything that I have read, there's no comparison. I have not used the VHW, but from everything that I have read as well as an understand of how they work, it just seems to me that the Vrip would not be as efficient as the PD, but that it can produce a lot more tasty vapor in one hit.

lwien,
No. What i am saying is you can take a hit on a particular vape and say "that tasted delicious" then take a hit on a different vape and then say "that wasnt as delicious" or possibly "wow that was tastier than the first one!". No one said anything about efficiency or clouds produced. So you HAVE tried the VHW? *edit* i see you haven't... Any way ive just had a brilliant solution re availability..you should all come to Australia for a holiday. We'll all vape it up and chuck shrimps on the bbq and order PD's by the dozen with no waiting list!

thevapedcrusader,

lwien

thevapedcrusader said:
No. What i am saying is you can take a hit on a particular vape and say "that tasted delicious" then take a hit on a different vape and then say "that wasnt as delicious" or possibly "wow that was tastier than the first one!". No one said anything about efficiency or clouds produced. So you HAVE tried the VHW?
Two things. One, is that in the post above (#260), I answered your last question here. Secondly, when I stated that you can't compare the two vapes when it comes to taste, what I "meant" to say is that they are not comparable, i.e. not close to being equal. Do you disagree with that?

Maybe you may want to reread post #258. Do you disagree with what I said in that post other than what I said in the first sentence? If so, I'd like to know that also so that I can be a bit more informed.

I thought I was answering d'greenqueen with a pretty helpful post. If not, and if I was wrong in what I said, than I apologize to d'greenqueen, and am open to an education from someone such as yourself who has used both the PD and the Vrip.

lwien,

lwien

thevapedcrusader said:
umm yeah well you edited that after i replied.this thread is about availability not a compare and contrast.
He said that he was underwhelmed by the taste so far with the PD and was going back to his Vrip, and then asked, "am I missing something"? All I was doing was trying to help answer his question. I didn't want to ignore his question even though it wasn't about availability. If you really feel that what I did was wrong and that I disrupted this thread, please report it to the mods.

I answered his question and it should have ended there. When someone asks a question, I try to answer it to the best of my ability.

This debate between you and I is really what is derailing this thread, so I suggest we DO stop this and just let it go.

lwien,

d'greenqueen

lwien said:
He said that he was underwhelmed by the taste so far with the PD and was going back to his Vrip, and then asked, "am I missing something"?
yeah, um im a girl

i guess the reason i posted here was to try to alleviate some of the anxiety you are feeling re not having received your ;pd; yet!

thanks for the tips though!

d'greenqueen,

lwien

d'greenqueen said:
lwien said:
He said that he was underwhelmed by the taste so far with the PD and was going back to his Vrip, and then asked, "am I missing something"?
yeah, um im a girl
Oooops........... :ninja: . Sorry.

lwien,

gak hater

d'greenqueen said:
you are not missing anything ;)

gak hater,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
...of course if the PD had a bowl the size of the vhw we might be able to call this a spitting contest....but it aint so lets end it here.

USE LOGIC PEOPLE!!!

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

darcey

lwien said:
d'greenqueen said:
You can't really compare the VripTech to the PD. The PD is king of efficiency, but in getting that efficiency, you do lose some of the super tasty, super rich hits that the VripTech will give, but the VripTech will never be as efficient as a PD. Can't really have both going on at the same time.
I must be doing something wrong because I find my Vriptech setup is more efficient...My PD herb comes out only ever so slightly brown (yes it dry, yes the PD has been on for more then 45mins) and I can actually re-vap it in my Vriptech setup.

Sorry...totally off topic

darcey,

lwien

darcey said:
lwien said:
d'greenqueen said:
I must be doing something wrong because I find my Vriptech setup is more efficient...My PD herb comes out only ever so slightly brown (yes it dry, yes the PD has been on for more then 45mins) and I can actually re-vap it in my Vriptech setup.

Sorry...totally off topic
It may be the way you're hitting it, or how finely it's ground, or how tightly it's packed, or if the ambient temperature is really cool, etc etc etc. My herb comes out a very dark brown when I'm done.

But yeah, this should go over in the PD thread rather than the availability thread.

lwien,

vapesalot

(this is not a complaint :lol:)

In the past, if the PDs didnt go on sale during a certain week, when did they end up going out the next week? I know I could re-read all the threads, so I apologize....I thought someone may have said that once they got shipped that next Monday, and I know a couple weeks ago they ended up getting 3 shipments in the next week on Thursday. I'm happy with being patient but trying to gauge how much of my stash im going to burn through with my crappy inefficient made-in-taiwan vape. :p

vapesalot,

Durden

I am Jack's title
vapesalot you have the right info on the delivery times from the last couple of weeks, as well as the multiple shipments on the same day. Just have to wait and see what happens this week, I'm sure there will be a few people bragging when they do get them. :p

Durden,

vapesalot

thanks TylerDurden. Just remember rule #1

You don't talk about fight club. Happy vaping!

vapesalot,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom