• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Puffco Peak

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I know someone was asking about the ebay rigs, found someone on reddit raging one here

Seems pretty good for the price honestly, but not stoked on the design myself.

@Mynameismud - EQ has impeccable quality if you feel like dealing with the purgatory that is their CS.

Their marble cap is awesome, not gonna lie.

Not 100% stoked on their insert, but it's the ONLY aftermarket insert that works as good or better than the stock ceramic imo and I have tried I think 4 others.

Here's the EQ insert filled with rubies I got from EQ next to a GreekGlass insert I sold the same day I got it.

Screenshot-20190312-094924-Instagram.png

Yeah like the fused bottoms opaque are more uniform than normal quartz inserts just because the way they are made.

I tried 4 inserts from them already also 2 of the original ones before i got the fad space inserts and then 2 of the thicker ones, there were no opaque ones then.

Wasnt a fan of EQ either they had the same issues the fade space did. inconsistant between two of the same style inserts. Maybe im just unlucky or maybe i ordered them too early before they got them down. Regardless, Im done messing around and wasting my money when the ceramic works and tastes good enough for me

Mynameismud,
Reactions: muunch

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
EQ just released inserts that are fitted to the atomizer, like the stock dish.

They said same day shipping since they only dropped a limited amount... for some dumbass reason I bought one, opaque thin bottom. Will report back hopefully... I have to worry about them even shipping my order, since I did a chargeback like last week... :haw: Then have to worry about whether or not I'll even get what I ordered in the same year I order it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvKTmxhHiEE/

freddiegibbs

EQ just released inserts that are fitted to the atomizer, like the stock dish.

They said same day shipping since they only dropped a limited amount... for some dumbass reason I bought one, opaque thin bottom. Will report back hopefully... I have to worry about them even shipping my order, since I did a chargeback like last week... :haw: Then have to worry about whether or not I'll even get what I ordered in the same year I order it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvKTmxhHiEE/
Those actually look pretty nice. The splash guard is a clever little bit of engineering too. I suspect they will work better than most other aftermarket buckets. And if that's the case, worth the $$

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Those actually look pretty nice. The splash guard is a clever little bit of engineering too. I suspect they will work better than most other aftermarket buckets. And if that's the case, worth the $$

I Love this, I have a V1 20mm SIC that is designed exactly the same way, but it's about 1mm bigger than it needs to be. The increased thermal conduction and the fact that it protects the heater from thermal shock is of more value than keeping it centered, the top cap does that. I bet these work well. Personally, I am really liking these opaque Chinese quartz, 1 supplier seems to work better than the others for me, but I have insets from about 6 vendors on the way to test out.

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: Dabtanian

Dabtanian

sorry guys had a quick search and couldnt find what i was looking for,

Has anyone taken the hit on a ruby bucket yet? and if so was worth it in the peak?

Dabtanian,
Reactions: nosmoking

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I do not have the Peak, however I have a ruby insert and a Peak like device. The ruby takes longer to heat, however it also holds its temp slightly longer than quartz and ceramic. It also cleans much better as in no chazzing or staining. A simple dry q-tip swab and your insert looks brand new.

The flavor is so much better on the ruby as well.

To me it comes down to patience and cost. Are you patient enough to wait twice as long for it to heat up? Do the pros of easy cleaning, better taste, longer heat retention and the lack of need for deep cleaning outway the cost for you?

nosmoking,

Hoosier

I do not have the Peak, however I have a ruby insert and a Peak like device. The ruby takes longer to heat, however it also holds its temp slightly longer than quartz and ceramic. It also cleans much better as in no chazzing or staining. A simple dry q-tip swab and your insert looks brand new.

The flavor is so much better on the ruby as well.

To me it comes down to patience and cost. Are you patient enough to wait twice as long for it to heat up? Do the pros of easy cleaning, better taste, longer heat retention and the lack of need for deep cleaning outway the cost for you?

On a peak, 2x the heat-up time is going to have a significant impart on the already-frail atomizers

Hoosier,

Dabtanian

Yeah I was thinking atomizer and obviously impact to battery life impacted too.

Think I'll stick with my SiC for the peak in that case. I don't really have any complaints with it.

Dabtanian,

Pfennz

Yeah he's awesome at talking shit but it'd be even better if his insert fucking worked before he started spouting off talking shit. The Fadespace SiC was a waste of $100 and even the stock bucket worked better for me. I will continue saying this.
I have a Fadespace sic insert and it’s pretty much the only one I use now. I use on either blue or mainly green. You just need to make sure the bottom is smooth (a few had bumps) and maybe not close the top down fully. Leave a mm of space. Mine hits hard. I had trouble at first but now it’s great.

Pfennz,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I have a Fadespace sic insert and it’s pretty much the only one I use now. I use on either blue or mainly green. You just need to make sure the bottom is smooth (a few had bumps) and maybe not close the top down fully. Leave a mm of space. Mine hits hard. I had trouble at first but now it’s great.

I don't like having to leave the top off. I always push it down with the bubble cap, and it makes qtipping annoying.

Waiting on my new EQ insert... should be getting delivered today. Hopefully better performance than my current EQ insert, which works fine for me on green/red, and fits perfectly.

muunch,

freddiegibbs

I've taken a few green and red hits off my EQ fitted insert so far and they have been notably milker and tastier than the ceramic. I am pleasantly surprised. The downside is that despite being fitted, it's still not snug inside the atomizer with the cap on the way the ceramic cup is. So you still can't aggressively q-tip or cold-load a dab without possibly dislodging it. So great performance, but still requires a soft touch.

Pfennz

I don't like having to leave the top off. I always push it down with the bubble cap, and it makes qtipping annoying.

Waiting on my new EQ insert... should be getting delivered today. Hopefully better performance than my current EQ insert, which works fine for me on green/red, and fits perfectly.
I mean it’s not like you can’t push the top down to q tip when you’re done. I’ve had opaque quartz, ruby, regular quartz, ceramic. Sic if used properly by far the best for flavor and good hits IMO

still-kickin

I've had mine for about a month. Put through about 10 grams of concentrate so far. Loving it.

I don't have a rig. Portability is awesome. I have taken it outside the house and used it. Twice. It's dope.

Thanks. Seems like every time I buy a some sort of expensive device I always go back to basics (rigs / bangers and, yes :ninja: bongs). The only thing that stuck around is my trusty TI OmniVap. Looking for more convenience and stealth when traveling. Looking forward to trying Peak once I sell my Volcano.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I've taken a few green and red hits off my EQ fitted insert so far and they have been notably milker and tastier than the ceramic. I am pleasantly surprised. The downside is that despite being fitted, it's still not snug inside the atomizer with the cap on the way the ceramic cup is. So you still can't aggressively q-tip or cold-load a dab without possibly dislodging it. So great performance, but still requires a soft touch.

I got mine in today and they actually sent me the right fucking thing this time!!!

I got the fitted thin, opaque bottom, splash guard insert. Fits absolutely perfect, just like my other EQ one. I can unscrew/screw the atomizer very easily with either bucket installed.

Tried first dab on green, with 3 ruby beads. Immediately I notice the flavor is better, but maybe a little lacking in terms of hit density...

Removed 2 of the beads, took another dab on green and now it's absolutely beautiful. Flavor is much better than even my other opaque insert from EQ somehow. Fitment is better and there's no way this will splash over the sides.

It's also not a bitch to qtip at all... you just have to go in at an angle, but you can just slide it around the perimeter after and pretty much get it all in one swipe. You do gotta be gentle but I mean... cmon. you're just wiping it down. Don't be savage...

tbh, I was expecting to be pissed for ordering from EQ again but I am pleasantly surprised.

edit:

ok red is real nice too... fucking massive, heavy hits!

this is so good. By far the best my peak has hit.

IMG-20190322-142847.jpg

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thanks. Seems like every time I buy a some sort of expensive device I always go back to basics (rigs / bangers and, yes :ninja: bongs). The only thing that stuck around is my trusty TI OmniVap. Looking for more convenience and stealth when traveling. Looking forward to trying Peak once I sell my Volcano.

It has been absolutely been worth it, especially now with all of the inserts available, cheap atomizer rebuilds and tons of artists making custom glass it seems like a solid e-rig choice right now. There are other choices out there for portable concentrates, but none quite like this.

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: Pfennz

freddiegibbs

this is so good. By far the best my peak has hit.
Totally agree! I got the same insert as you and I actually like my Peak again now. Loading it around the concave walls is sometimes difficult depending on the consistency of the material, but that's a minor inconvenience. It makes my Peak hit better than ever before, and it's super easy to keep clean. I'm using stock glass too - I can imagine it would be even better with a 3rd party attachment. Too bad you can't also mod it with aftermarket battery :uhoh:

freddiegibbs,
Reactions: muunch

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Has anyone seen the work MaxVAPOR is doing on the puffco peak?

oh snap, they're working on something? I can't find anything on their IG, do you have any news?

@maxvapor710 explain thyself dear chaps

Totally agree! I got the same insert as you and I actually like my Peak again now. Loading it around the concave walls is sometimes difficult depending on the consistency of the material, but that's a minor inconvenience. It makes my Peak hit better than ever before, and it's super easy to keep clean. I'm using stock glass too - I can imagine it would be even better with a 3rd party attachment. Too bad you can't also mod it with aftermarket battery :uhoh:

I'm really really liking it so far. I am using a different dabber than the puffco one, and actually found it easier to load this insert than any of the others I've used. I can just kinda wipe it off, and twist the dabber away and it comes off clean but I have a kinda budder-y stuff right now. I'm sure with sappier material it could be pain.

I'm still in awe of how good the insert works. A new attachment is definitely on my list, but I'd like to keep the stock form factor. I like those ERoss ones, but my buddy showed me this guy yesterday...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo6KXzEn_aV/

Last edited:
muunch,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@muunch Haven't really posted much at this point, still a lot of work to be done, but you can check our progress on our github if you are interested in following along.

Wow, I was hoping someone would figure this one out. I would love to flash mine ASAP! @maxvapor710 I really appreciate your work on this. If you ever need your Peak atomizers rebuilt send them to me and I will rebuild them on the house sir!

So I have been testing several different inserts, I really like an assortment and I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for each one. I wanted to find a few good quartz options because my first few chinese quartz were not flat at all on the bottom, with a big divot in the center from their machining bit. lol. Luckily I have actually found a few good options out there, and some variety. I have actually found nice, smooth bottom clear quartz, excellent polished opaque bottom and full polished opaque. And the latest I got in from a well-known lab quartz maker is an interesting Wicking unpolished opaque quartz. The surface is left porous and unpolished, so the oil actually seeps into the pores of the quartz and gives it a huge amount of surface area. The heat-up time and heat transfer is also impressive. With the upgraded heaters it's almost too much for me, Clouds are so thick. While I tend to prefer slightly lighter dabs on the other quartz options, a lot of my friends definitely prefer this one for the heavy hit. They say it allows them to take much bigger dabs than other inserts and still fully vaporize. The downfall of all of that surface area of an unpolished surface is that it's not as easy to swab out. It works best to clean with a little iso and an occasional torch clean for sure.

I am also looking for a good person to make Sic and Ruby inserts, as well as little ruby pearls on the way, when I do I will definitely speak to them about insets for the heaters on the bottom as well as splash prevention tech if possible.
I have been loving putting mine through hell,and still haven't broken a replacement heater.

Here are some pics of the Wicking opaque quartz.

2nv8kmv.jpg

dpyhac.jpg

mrbonsai420,
Top Bottom