Puffco Peak

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Man, was hoping to really like the GreekGlass full opaque insert, but no beans.

Fitment is pretty bad. Performance difference between it and my EQ insert doesn't seem to be much, if anything, but the EQ one fits perfect and doesn't taper down at the bottom, so the dish is a little larger... I know GG is just importing these, hence the variation and cheap price, but that fitment is not something I could live with.

On the other hand, I still never got the insert I actually ordered from EQ. The one I got is good enough... Regular opaque bottom. Works fine on green and red for my needs with 2-3 of the ruby beads.

muunch,

weenstoned

Ya I ordered some fully opaque ones from China and they hit ok if they're perfectly placed but otherwise not so great and they always move around. Waiting on the opaque bottom ones, hoping for a better fit.

Also tempted by the sapphire/ruby insert Greekglass has for pre-order but kinda hoping it will hit DHGate soon as the ruby inserts for 25mm bangers recently have.

weenstoned,

Justpassedu

Man, was hoping to really like the GreekGlass full opaque insert, but no beans.

Fitment is pretty bad. Performance difference between it and my EQ insert doesn't seem to be much, if anything, but the EQ one fits perfect and doesn't taper down at the bottom, so the dish is a little larger... I know GG is just importing these, hence the variation and cheap price, but that fitment is not something I could live with.

On the other hand, I still never got the insert I actually ordered from EQ. The one I got is good enough... Regular opaque bottom. Works fine on green and red for my needs with 2-3 of the ruby beads.
I'm surprised, The GG Opaque has been my favorite insert so far. I do agree the fitment is terrible but once it is centered on the heater I have had no issues getting a nice rip with it & the taste has been great. I got a few ruby beads also , have not tried them yet , how are they ? Do they make a mess ?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I'm surprised, The GG Opaque has been my favorite insert so far. I do agree the fitment is terrible but once it is centered on the heater I have had no issues getting a nice rip with it & the taste has been great. I got a few ruby beads also , have not tried them yet , how are they ? Do they make a mess ?

The GG was good taste for sure, I used it on both red and green with decent results. It's just that the poor fitment makes qtipping a pain so I just couldn't see myself using it when my EQ one functions the same, but has more surface area, AND doesn't move when I qtip it.

The beads are really nice imo - they help to add surface area and redistribute heat. You can push them around easily if you have a bubble cap - it really milks up the rig, in my experience. The ruby ones are perfect because they don't chazz. The quartz and sapphire ones get carbon/residue stuck on them pretty easily, and you have to wipe it off... With the ruby ones, I see nothing visible on the beads after qtipping.

I notice sometimes I do get a little chazz from red on this insert... If I just dip one end of a qtip in dark crystal, then clean the insert with that, it'll remove it. Then can flip the qtip and use the dry side to clean the rest. This is my lazy mans way after deciding that taking the insert out to clean it was too much.

Justpassedu

The GG was good taste for sure, I used it on both red and green with decent results. It's just that the poor fitment makes qtipping a pain so I just couldn't see myself using it when my EQ one functions the same, but has more surface area, AND doesn't move when I qtip it.

The beads are really nice imo - they help to add surface area and redistribute heat. You can push them around easily if you have a bubble cap - it really milks up the rig, in my experience. The ruby ones are perfect because they don't chazz. The quartz and sapphire ones get carbon/residue stuck on them pretty easily, and you have to wipe it off... With the ruby ones, I see nothing visible on the beads after qtipping.

I notice sometimes I do get a little chazz from red on this insert... If I just dip one end of a qtip in dark crystal, then clean the insert with that, it'll remove it. Then can flip the qtip and use the dry side to clean the rest. This is my lazy mans way after deciding that taking the insert out to clean it was too much.
So you leave the beads in the insert for the most part & only take them out for a deep cleaning when need be ? nice I do have a bubble cap. I'll have to try them .

Justpassedu,
Reactions: muunch

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
So you leave the beads in the insert for the most part & only take them out for a deep cleaning when need be ? nice I do have a bubble cap. I'll have to try them .

If I can help it, I never take them out. I change how many I have in sometimes, trying to see if I can tell a difference between 1-3, but that's it

Sometimes they'll shoot out if I qtip too vigorously :o That's when you have a problem... those fuckers are hot.

Since I've settled on this EQ insert, maybe I'll just never bother taking this atomizer apart and see how long it'll last... even when I need to deep clean (which is just unscrewing the atomizer from the base, and then placing it in iso) there's no real need to take the bowl/beads out.

Laziness reigns supreme folks :myday:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
*SAVE YOUR OLD PEAK ATOMIZERS TO REBUILD!*

So, I sourced the OG Peak heaters a while back to use for myself to rebuild my own. Well, 3 months later and my rebuilt atomizer is still kicking so I am starting to think I don't need to horde all 100 for myself.:rofl:
In fact an unnamed wook attacked my peak with an aggressive and vigorous Q-tip attack with a wet q-tip, and it's is still going! I didn't even try to stop him.

So I just rebuilt 11 Peak atomizers last night. :clap: I had a few dead soldiers and a friend of mine had accumulated a pile of them!
We tested every one and they all work flawlessly. In fact we abused the fuck out of 2 of them with overflowing globs and haven't killed one yet. Plus the original rebuild is over 3 months old and still running and I haven't cleaned that thing in at least 8 grams of dabs. Although the specs, size, shape, and look of these heaters are exactly the same as stock, I have found the quality is much better. The posts seem sturdier and don't dislodge from the heater as easily.

I now am free to overflow my Peak, abuse it, q-tip it hard, and not worry because I can rebuild them in seconds!!!

Everyone remember to SAVE YOUR OLD PEAK ATOMIZERS TO REBUILD! It's a game changer for sure.

6ti6wj.jpg

Last edited:

freddiegibbs

How easy would rebuilding an atomizer be for a layman who's never done anything like that before?

freddiegibbs,

lezdabit710

*SAVE YOUR OLD PEAK ATOMIZERS TO REBUILD!*

So, I sourced the OG Peak heaters a while back to use for myself to rebuild my own. Well, 3 months later and my rebuilt atomizer is still kicking so I am starting to think I don't need to horde all 100 for myself.:rofl:
In fact an unnamed wook attacked my peak with an aggressive and vigorous Q-tip attack with a wet q-tip, and it's is still going! I didn't even try to stop him.

So I just rebuilt 11 Peak atomizers last night. :clap: I had a few dead soldiers and a friend of mine had accumulated a pile of them!
We tested every one and they all work flawlessly. In fact we abused the fuck out of 2 of them with overflowing globs and haven't killed one yet. Plus the original rebuild is still running and I haven't cleaned that thing in at least 8 grams of dabs. Although the specs, size, shape, and look of these heaters are exactly the same as stock, I have found the quality is much better. The posts seem sturdier and don't dislodge from the heater as easily.

I now am free to overflow my Peak, abuse it, q-tip it hard, and not worry because I can rebuild them in seconds!!!

Everyone remember to SAVE YOUR OLD PEAK ATOMIZERS TO REBUILD! It's a game changer for sure.

6ti6wj.jpg
I’ve been rebuilding with the coils from Devine tribe. Been trying to find these coils tho. I wanna buy bulk but I’m having a hard time finding them. Where can I buy them? U gonna sale them. I’m interested.

lezdabit710,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Not sure if anyone else has seen this/knows about it, but:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu6no1MHeLO/

Hitting the button 10x in rapid succession seems to activate some setting: the guy in the video says there are 10 different levels of heat settings...

I tried this on my black Peak, and got a yellow light, followed by 2 vibrations, followed by a green light. I guess I'm now on heat level 2 out of 10? I will mess around a little, but I'm not really trying to take thermocouple readings... and I seem to have come down with some sickness yesterday, so won't be dabbing a ton... but figured I'd mention it and confirm it does seem to work on my black Peak.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Not sure if anyone else has seen this/knows about it, but:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu6no1MHeLO/

Hitting the button 10x in rapid succession seems to activate some setting: the guy in the video says there are 10 different levels of heat settings...

I tried this on my black Peak, and got a yellow light, followed by 2 vibrations, followed by a green light. I guess I'm now on heat level 2 out of 10? I will mess around a little, but I'm not really trying to take thermocouple readings... and I seem to have come down with some sickness yesterday, so won't be dabbing a ton... but figured I'd mention it and confirm it does seem to work on my black Peak.

Would be great if that could be used to compensate for insert material. Lol if the Peak had all these temps all this time that would be pretty funny cause Dr. Dabber's temp settings are probably responsible for a decent portion of Switch sales.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: biohacker

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Lol if the Peak had all these temps all this time that would be pretty funny

Seems like that's how it works, though this could just be a hidden feature implemented on only new Peaks. It seems like mine's running a bit hotter now but I have only taken 1 dab. If this works as described, it reminds me a lot of the FW4 where you could adjust all the levels by 7f+ in increments. I will be very interested to hear Puffco's official word on this...

On one hand, I'm pretty excited to know this exists. There are a ton more options and I don't need a stupid app to do anything... On the other hand, why the hell haven't they advertised this feature... or even mentioned it at all?

biohacker

Holy shit, affordable rebuildable atty's, increased temp bandwidth Dr Dabber style, a new v2 atty on the horizon, and ruby/sic inserts available? Sounds a LOT better to me these days... although still a bit confused on the ruby and SiC dishes... some love 'em and some hate 'em?

pghjd

Holy shit, affordable rebuildable atty's, increased temp bandwidth Dr Dabber style, a new v2 atty on the horizon, and ruby/sic inserts available? Sounds a LOT better to me these days... although still a bit confused on the ruby and SiC dishes... some love 'em and some hate 'em?
The v2 attys are already in existence and theres no real change except on the lip to help prevent overtightening. Also everything except the bandwith is an aftermarket product. So you're looking at like $200 of upgrades on top of the orignal price. You can make almost any vape great with $200 of aftermarket products

pghjd,

freddiegibbs

I'm skeptical of this, especially since it's something Puffco hasn't publicized at all. I will be waiting to see what they have to say about it, and what kind of impact it can have on your base & atty. That said, if you really can open up the temp range of the Peak without any consequences....sweet!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I will be waiting to see what they have to say about it, and what kind of impact it can have on your base & atty

I'ma be pissed, if a feature they shipped the device with somehow breaks it. Just saying. It's their oversight. If it was an issue, they should have addressed it before shipping, or forewarned us.

Instead they actually mislead us. The dumbass instruction manual says "read this fucking useless book for some secret tips!"

Not a single fucking tip in that waste of paper - Yet here we are, almost a YEAR since the devices launch date, and we're just NOW finding out about adjustable temps?

freddiegibbs

Here are some questions I would like to see answered:

1. Does this work on every single base?
2. What is cycling between temps like after you turn this setting on'? Is there a different color for all 10 temps, or is it just the same Blue-Green-Red-White sequence? If the latter, how do you determine which setting you're on?
3. What's the range of temps? Does it open a broader spectrum within the existing temp range? Does it increase/decrease the max/min temps? I saw someone on IG say it increases all default temps, so all the colors run hotter than normal - is that true?
4. Can you switch back to the default 4 temps? If so, how?

pghjd

I'm looking for a sic or gemstone portable electric alternative to the torch rig and banger. I don't know of any vape that can do this, regardless of price?
That went right over your head. I wasn't saying another one does the exact same thing(although one will soon). I'm saying it shouldn't take an extra $200 on top of $400 to get what you really want out of a device. Quartz shouldn't even be an upgrade you have to buy seperately when the device is $400. You should also get an extra atty at that price range. Puffco just pulled numbers out of their ass on pricing and everyone making stuff for puffco's is doing the same, except for the guy selling rebuildable coils.

pghjd,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Here are some questions I would like to see answered:

1. Does this work on every single base?
2. What is cycling between temps like after you turn this setting on'? Is there a different color for all 10 temps, or is it just the same Blue-Green-Red-White sequence? If the latter, how do you determine which setting you're on?
3. What's the range of temps? Does it open a broader spectrum within the existing temp range? Does it increase/decrease the max/min temps? I saw someone on IG say it increases all default temps, so all the colors run hotter than normal - is that true?
4. Can you switch back to the default 4 temps? If so, how?

edit:

Roger had a live and kinda dodged all questions about this. I'm trying to nurse my throat so I can test more - may bust out the thermocouple but I feel like it's gonna be a pain in the ass to get solid readings.

Last edited:

biohacker

That went right over your head. I wasn't saying another one does the exact same thing(although one will soon). I'm saying it shouldn't take an extra $200 on top of $400 to get what you really want out of a device. Quartz shouldn't even be an upgrade you have to buy seperately when the device is $400. You should also get an extra atty at that price range. Puffco just pulled numbers out of their ass on pricing and everyone making stuff for puffco's is doing the same, except for the guy selling rebuildable coils.

I honestly don't give a shit man, i'm not hard up for cash... I wouldn't expect Puffco to include a gemstone or SiC insert, although the quartz should be standard for sure.. I don't think even Dr Dabber includes the quartz as standard? Either way, Puffco is a rip off but no other vape offers (at the present time) the ability to do what i'm looking for, so i'm interested in seeing what the ruby and sic performance is like, as i'm sure you have seen hyped on IG as well.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Puffco is a rip off

OT but I think it's priced fairly. You can easily spend $400 on an enail setup, and still need a banger, rig, and carbcap. Considering how convenient this is, is a gamechanger for some. I know for some people, they're obviously just gonna rip on the puffco saying it's bullshit, but they have their enail or rig within arm's reach all day. The people who travel, or can't have their stuff out, or don't have the dexterity to take dabs using a torch, or etc etc etc... wouldn't say it's a rip off but, hey you're entitled to your opinion...

I honestly wouldn't bother with gemstones or SiC. Especially if you already have a negative connotation of the device, and think it's a rip off. It's not going to compare with a plug-in enail, or a big ass torch.

Some folks don't mind using 2 heat cycles to heat their little gemstone insert so they can be super hetti, and other folks don't mind using their SiC with the top of the atomizer half on. I am not one of these people. I'll be a shameless wook and use my opaque quartz, which has just as little cleanup, and tastes the same. I can't speak for the gemstones, since I haven't tried one, but I was never overly impressed with SiC flavor anyway. Marginal difference, if at all.

pghjd

I honestly don't give a shit man, i'm not hard up for cash... I wouldn't expect Puffco to include a gemstone or SiC insert, although the quartz should be standard for sure.. I don't think even Dr Dabber includes the quartz as standard? Either way, Puffco is a rip off but no other vape offers (at the present time) the ability to do what i'm looking for, so i'm interested in seeing what the ruby and sic performance is like, as i'm sure you have seen hyped on IG as well.
I haven't heard anything particularly great about them. Check this out: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuQBHbLnE1p/ You have to run 2 seperate heat cycles with sesh mode and no wax just to get it heated. Not really an upgrade imo. Also, being that the puffco's are made in china they could definitely throw in a SiC insert, SiC is stupid cheap when sourcing from china. The reality is that puffco would never sell you a product at it's best because they make more on selling it to you in pieces with the prices jacked up.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
The reality is that puffco would never sell you a product at it's best because they make more on selling it to you in pieces with the prices jacked up.

Puffco literally makes $0 off the aftermarket bowls, because they don't sell them.

None of the SiC buckets work as good as stock... that's why they don't include them. The stock bucket is honestly not much worse than the opaque insert I'm using now. I think they did ok with the materials choice.

Roger has explained he chose ceramic for its heat retention, and that he was not a fan of the quartz inserts - he will not sell something he wouldn't use.

People are wildin' lmao

biohacker

Well there goes my excitement! :lol: At least I have a setup that i'm stoked about, and will remain cautiously optimistic about a proper SiC cup for the peak, which I was sure that Fadespace had. I saw them tearing apart the constant gems sic cup for white shit on it after a torch clean?

Top Bottom