Puffco Peak

Pfennz

ConstantGems has some SiC inserts it looks like they're getting ready to sell. They look thinner than both the Sneaky Pete one, and the Fadespace one, which should reduce the issues I was heaving with those. They've posted a cold start video on green and blue... pretty interesting if those are actually the results. Red wouldn't work for me with the other dishes and I'm not trying to do some silly trick to make it work, so these definitely look promising...

I am hoping to get my hands on one and will report back... am still not sure if EQ intends to send me the correct insert, kinda chuffed about all that.
It’s bc you can’t press the lid down all the way when using sic inserts. Also check to see if there’s a bump on the bottom of the Fadespace insert and if so he’ll send you a new one.

I gave up on trying to find a quartz insert i liked, Tried a few different brands they all chazzed too easily and taste wasnt that much better compared to the ceramic. At least for me I know some people that love them.

The opaque ones might be a little better but ive never tried them.

Ive seen mixed reviews for the SiC also but i think that was due to a defect issue. causing them not to sit flat.

The Carta comes with both a quartz and Ti insert, and most of the reviews im seeing people are saying they prefer the titanium insert.

If there was a better insert than the ceramic i feel like they would include it or add it to their site as an accessory
The opaque insert is a night and day difference to me. Mine is fully opaque but needs to be used with 1 or 2 beads. I really only use sic these days tho. Just gotta know how to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pfennz,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Greek Glass has full opaque inserts for like $14 shipped so I have one of those coming. Will report when I play around with it.

My fadespace sic had a machine mark that was a divot, not a bump. He told me it was fine. My buddy still has it and can't get it to work in his Peak either.

Still nothing from EQ. My 60 days is almost up and I received a $50 product when I ordered a $100 one. Starting my chargeback on that today. :haw:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Well, I got her in! She's a beauty too. 8 hole gridded perc and no splash on it. Colors are Royal Jelly and Hot Sauce with matching bubble cap. Made by A1.Glass, one of the Pukinbeagle team.

...More to come!

2vknpli.jpg
2edth6e.jpg

Justpassedu

Well, I got her in! She's a beauty too. 8 hole gridded perc and no splash on it. Colors are Royal Jelly and Hot Sauce with matching bubble cap. Made by A1.Glass, one of the Pukinbeagle team.

...More to come!

2vknpli.jpg
2edth6e.jpg
Really Nice man , I'm digging it allot. I just got myself a new carb cap with a dabber attached bc I am always finding myself using both , why not have them combined :
3SElkLe.jpg

Also I know you like trying inserts , I grabbed this Opaque from Greek Glass for only a few $ and it is surprisingly really nice and works well at green or a step above , https://www.greekglassshop.com/product/peak-quartz-insert , looks like they are out of the option to choose the opaque right now but for about $11 so far its been my favorite next to the ceramic and I have only tried a eternal quartz and a dhgate china quartz and hated both. Maybe message them and see when they will get more in stock .

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Really Nice man , I'm digging it allot. I just got myself a new carb cap with a dabber attached bc I am always finding myself using both , why not have them combined :
3SElkLe.jpg

Also I know you like trying inserts , I grabbed this Opaque from Greek Glass for only a few $ and it is surprisingly really nice and works well at green or a step above , https://www.greekglassshop.com/product/peak-quartz-insert , looks like they are out of the option to choose the opaque right now but for about $11 so far its been my favorite next to the ceramic and I have only tried a eternal quartz and a dhgate china quartz and hated both. Maybe message them and see when they will get more in stock .

Nice, I do actually have all of those inserts, Those are the Chinese inserts from DH Gate, the opaque bottom and full opaque work great. In fact these are so good I will not be grabbing any expensive ones myself.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-puffco-peak-quartz-insert-with-opaque/440481556.html

https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-the-puffco-peak-quartz-insert-bowl-with/426117786.html

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I grabbed this Opaque from Greek Glass for only a few $ and it is surprisingly really nice and works well at green or a step above ,

I ordered this last week. Still waiting for it to ship I think, but excited to try for sure after the EQ insert didn't pan out for me.

Justpassedu

@mrbonsai420 I figured for the price I had paid they were the china buckets. Well good they work well bc the straight quartz did not. I'll have to try a Opaque bottom 1 of these days but I agree , I am not gonna grab any expensive ones also now that I found this. I also grabbed some ruby pearls to try in the bucket but have not yet. @muunch sweet , you should like it allot , they work well and provide a good taste. They don't fit perfectly under the cap lock thingy but once it is centered you should be fine. I'm very happy with mine for the price , now I hope they just lower the price of attys or make them bomb proof or I'll have to buy a rebuilt kit and start repairing on my own .

Justpassedu,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Anyone have a ruby insert for their Puffco Peak yet? If so, whats the heat up time like and what heat setting are you using?

nosmoking,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Nice, I do actually have all of those inserts, Those are the Chinese inserts from DH Gate, the opaque bottom and full opaque work great. In fact these are so good I will not be grabbing any expensive ones myself.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-puffco-peak-quartz-insert-with-opaque/440481556.html

https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-the-puffco-peak-quartz-insert-bowl-with/426117786.html
I was looking at these and was tempted.

Also sick attachment scoop. Different perc and water volume and no splash was really a game changer for me. I also like having attachmens made straight so when in the peak its at a slight angle. With my attachments perc facing the back of the attachment and the angle, it makes the water vortex around kind of like a mike philpot rig

freddiegibbs

After a year of release with tons of popularity and a huge market share, it kinda sucks that there are still no glass replacements on dhgate besides clones of the stock glass. There are more cheap bucket options than you can shake your fist at, but a decent glass alternative will still cost you well north of $100.

tylerj55

After a year of release with tons of popularity and a huge market share, it kinda sucks that there are still no glass replacements on dhgate besides clones of the stock glass. There are more cheap bucket options than you can shake your fist at, but a decent glass alternative will still cost you well north of $100.
Not that it’s super duper cheap, but I saw a good amount of attachments on eBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/143113139018

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/143113141001

tylerj55,

freddiegibbs

Those look nice, but they're still very pricey. I could spend all day browsing cheap hydratube clones for the cloud evo on dhgate, and buy 4-6 different ones for the price of one of those ebay pieces. I'm just saying it's hard to believe there are literally 0 options for the Peak after a year.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Those look nice, but they're still very pricey. I could spend all day browsing cheap hydratube clones for the cloud evo on dhgate, and buy 4-6 different ones for the price of one of those ebay pieces. I'm just saying it's hard to believe there are literally 0 options for the Peak after a year.

I also checked DHGate LMAO.. Oh well. LOL :-)

newVaper420,

tylerj55

Yeah I hear that. Better than most $150 attachments I’ve seen. If you look at J. Friendly's they have some 710glass peak attachments for $160, and for their 4/20 sale the price will be dropped by 20%, so $128 plus shipping. Still not much better than the stock glass price, but better function on all of these I’m sure.

There is also zc_glass who made a whip attachment for $60 right now here:

https://zcglassart.com/products/plateau

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
, you should like it allot , they work well and provide a good taste. They don't fit perfectly under the cap lock thingy but once it is centered you should be fine. I'm very happy with mine for the price , now I hope they just lower the price of attys or make them bomb proof or I'll have to buy a rebuilt kit and start repairing on my own .

Should be in sometime next week. He said my package got stuck between seats in his car so it was just sitting there for days lol

I'm really hoping they release the new atomizers by 4/20 (if not sooner). And then who knows if the rebuilt kits will still work with the new atomizers... I've been on the same atomizer for 3rd month now but would still be interested to see if the rebuild kits work better than the stock atomizers.

muunch,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I also checked DHGate LMAO.. Oh well. LOL :-)
Making the bottom of the attachment isnt the easiest thing to get right, especially with the angle of it. Straight attachments that sit at an angle are obviously easier but even then getting it to seal perfectly is sometimes an issues. It took puffco about 6 months before the complaints about the glass sealing subsided and i still see people complaining every now and then.

Personally I would never spend money on an attachment without being able to water test it first

Mynameismud,

freddiegibbs

Sure, but it's glass-blowing, not rocket surgery. There's a lot of money to be made by mass-producing cheap glass for the Peak. Someone is bound to do it soon.

freddiegibbs,

starvingmusician24

Has anyone had there battery pin in the base get stuck to there atomizer and pull up? Is this a fixable problem. Had a friend buy one of these and he didn't keep it clean and low and behold the atomizer stuck to the base. Lucky for me do to warranty issues he told me if I can fix it I can have it. Kinda thinking it'll be a simple solder fix.

starvingmusician24,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
OK, Now that I have been rebuilding my own atomizers I LOVE THIS THING! I don't worry about babying the atomizer, cleaning it all of the time, or taking giant overflowing globs anymore. I just use the fuck out of it and if an atomizer does go out, it's easily rebuildable for $10 or less with a heater as good or better.

So now that I know that atomizers aren't $40 each I love this device even more, and I am also willing to drop some money on custom glass now!

So, I decided to have a custom klein made for it, colors turned out nice! I'm trying not to be biased but this is really one of the nicest Peak attachments I have seen to date!

2im45ro.jpg

20a40a1.jpg

Baron23

OK, Now that I have been rebuilding my own atomizers I LOVE THIS THING! I don't worry about babying the atomizer, cleaning it all of the time, or taking giant overflowing globs anymore. I just use the fuck out of it and if an atomizer does go out, it's easily rebuildable for $10 or less with a heater as good or better.

So now that I know that atomizers aren't $40 each I love this device even more, and I am also willing to drop some money on custom glass now!

So, I decided to have a custom klein made for it, colors turned out nice! I'm trying not to be biased but this is really one of the nicest Peak attachments I have seen to date!

2im45ro.jpg

20a40a1.jpg
Wow. Whose work? Beautiful

tylerj55

2im45ro.jpg

20a40a1.jpg
Is that Ferri glass? He has been making some great looking Klein’s for the peak. That attachment is sexy!! :love::brow:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Top Bottom