coolbreeze

ancient aliens face GIF

Garybuchanen

ZX landed! Some first sesh thoughts:
  • Burn off was real
  • Damn this thing is tiny
  • Amazing efficiency from small amounts
  • Flavor is real, pure convection
This is exactly what I wanted from a ball vape. Already found a handle I'm going to get, but handle-less is fine for a bit.
You’re saying it has a long burn off ? I got mine secondhand so I wasn’t aware on that. Elaborate if you will .. GB

Garybuchanen

Got back home yesterday ..less then two minutes to heat up ,probably more like <1 but I let it sit a min longer…this vape is the truth ! Always ready to go ! Maybe it’s a controller thing but I’ve been roasting a bit higher then what most shared haha been rocking consistently at 547 right now. Had a question maybe someone can answer ,I saw a gorgeous wooden handle for the zx on the ig page..it said Ed’s tnt so I looked that up but didn’t see any phase stuff on his site..anyone know where I could procure one of these gorgeous pieces ?? Thanks so much. This ball vape tech is changing the game 111%!
All love
GB

EasyVape

Got back home yesterday ..less then two minutes to heat up ,probably more like <1 but I let it sit a min longer…this vape is the truth ! Always ready to go ! Maybe it’s a controller thing but I’ve been roasting a bit higher then what most shared haha been rocking consistently at 547 right now. Had a question maybe someone can answer ,I saw a gorgeous wooden handle for the zx on the ig page..it said Ed’s tnt so I looked that up but didn’t see any phase stuff on his site..anyone know where I could procure one of these gorgeous pieces ?? Thanks so much. This ball vape tech is changing the game 111%!
All love
GB
For the 3" handle on the ZX you may need to use a single wrap of electrical tape around the metal collar to act as a shim when you install the handle(otherwise you may have a bit of wobble from a loose fit): https://edstnt.com/products/coil-cocobolo-handle-3l-v2

Garybuchanen

For the 3" handle on the ZX you may need to use a single wrap of electrical tape around the metal collar to act as a shim when you install the handle(otherwise you may have a bit of wobble from a loose fit): https://edstnt.com/products/coil-cocobolo-handle-3l-v2
Doh ! Thanks my friend ordering asap !

Hopefully double posting isn’t frowned upon..I was curious if anyone has experience with using some sort of portable power bank to power the zx out and about and how that went ? I’m on the go a lot and would like that option. Currently looking at this as a potential one..appreciate any thoughts 💚

Ernielicous

Hopefully double posting isn’t frowned upon..I was curious if anyone has experience with using some sort of portable power bank to power the zx out and about and how that went ? I’m on the go a lot and would like that option. Currently looking at this as a potential one..appreciate any thoughts 💚
Yes that would definitely work I used to use it a couple years back to power up my pids/ballvapes. I think after a couple years it becomes a paper weight tho bc mine doesn't charge anymore. Nowadays I use this it complements my power tool collection very well (have a bunch of Milwaukee batteries already) https://a.co/d/7rhsNY9

Garybuchanen

Yes that would definitely work I used to use it a couple years back to power up my pids/ballvapes. I think after a couple years it becomes a paper weight tho bc mine doesn't charge anymore. Nowadays I use this it complements my power tool collection very well (have a bunch of Milwaukee batteries already) https://a.co/d/7rhsNY9
Wow my guy !! Recently got into electrician work and Milwaukee is the one ! Just what I want now …would look so good in combination with the zx and coil..how much use with the zx would you say you get out of a xc 5?
GB

Ernielicous

Wow my guy !! Recently got into electrician work and Milwaukee is the one ! Just what I want now …would look so good in combination with the zx and coil..how much use with the zx would you say you get out of a xc 5?
GB
I feel that if you just leave it on the whole time it lasts like 1 hour - 1.5 hours. To me, it seems like it uses the most energy at startup when it's heating up trying to get to temperature. sometimes when I switch between ball vapes while using the same battery, I notice it dies a lot quicker (bc it has to heat up the new head from 0° till preferred vaporization temperature.)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Maybe I am misunderstanding your post but when you say:
Got back home yesterday ..less then two minutes to heat up ,probably more like <1 but I let it sit a min longer
It sounds like you aren't letting the thermal material (sapphires/rubies) heat soak. I assume you aren't just waiting for the PID controller to display the right temperature? To work properly I'd let those gems soak for at least 5 minutes but 10 is better from cold.

That also might explain this:
Maybe it’s a controller thing but I’ve been roasting a bit higher then what most shared

EasyVape

nicknobody

I feel that if you just leave it on the whole time it lasts like 1 hour - 1.5 hours. To me, it seems like it uses the most energy at startup when it's heating up trying to get to temperature. sometimes when I switch between ball vapes while using the same battery, I notice it dies a lot quicker (bc it has to heat up the new head from 0° till preferred vaporization temperature.)
I have a Milwaukee top off and I can leave mine on for 3 hours easy with a 6amp battery and a ch pid/bzero. My 5 amp is OLD and I still get 2 hours.

What pid are you using?

I’ve been racking my brain. I almost can’t wait any more. Ive sold off all my ballers and I’m currently ball(vape)less.

zx or zxxl ?

Does the zxxl come with a pid at the preorder price? I’ve glanced at the product page and just hoping that I missed something…

namasteIII

If anyone is interested in the stand choices. I've tried the stock metal stand, OWW titanium stand and the RC Porcelain stand. I prefer the RC Porcelain stand for the ZX and ZXL. It doesn't bleed any heat from the head and offers similar protection to the OWW titanium/aluminum stand at better price point. https://ritual-co.com/collections/q...t-jade-porcelain-stand?variant=42867657998558
Damn this is the exact setup i’ve been planning. Thanks a ton for posting it! Glad it seems like I made good choices too.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Does the zxxl come with a pid at the preorder price?
I don't believe so:

INCLUDES:

25MM Diamond Machined Black Zirconia Ceramic Heater Assembly [Arrives Assembled and Filled with 3MM Lab Cultured Ruby/Sapphire Gems]
Custom Ultra Low Profile 22MM Tapered Diffuser Bowl Fits All 18MM Glass [2 Adjustable Screen Positions]
Custom Handles [Zirconia + Wood]
Custom 20MM Screens

I think you need a PID and a 25mm coil setup for the head to sit in.

Garybuchanen

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post but when you say:

It sounds like you aren't letting the thermal material (sapphires/rubies) heat soak. I assume you aren't just waiting for the PID controller to display the right temperature? To work properly I'd let those gems soak for at least 5 minutes but 10 is better from cold.

That also might explain this:
I do let them heat soak but that less then 2 minute heat up gets it just about to where it would heat soaked. The coil I have is a good one I suppose ? Works so well ..just tried it sitting in the truck plugged to the 120 outlet. Less than 1:30 sec I’m blowing massive clouds…thanks so much Ryan !!
GB

Ernielicous

I have a Milwaukee top off and I can leave mine on for 3 hours easy with a 6amp battery and a ch pid/bzero. My 5 amp is OLD and I still get 2 hours.

What pid are you using?

Hey brother I have a disordly conduction pelinail & a 6 amp battery too. I agree. that one lasts about 3ish hours.
The 5 amp does last around 2 hours.
When I said 1 - 1.5 hours I Actually misread & thought he asked me about a 1.5 amp battery, not the 5 amp lol

staircase slight of hand

I just HATE the auto shut off and not having a mechanical latching on/off switch so you can’t use it with a smart plug

Other than that the build is better than any other pid I’ve used

The auto shut off made me sell it.

Auber fixed that! From their site:

Product Update (5/21/2024): A new feature is available in the current firmware (v2.2.0) that allows users to disable the power button and use the controller with a smart plug or a Wi-Fi plug.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Auber fixed that! From their site:

Product Update (5/21/2024): A new feature is available in the current firmware (v2.2.0) that allows users to disable the power button and use the controller with a smart plug or a Wi-Fi plug.
That's neat! I don't need this feature but I'm glad it's there for people who want it. I don't think there is any way for a customer to update the firmware, but at least now folks can look at the label to see if they have 2.2 or greater.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Wow…this is the roor piece I’ve been looking for !! Do you happen to know the name of this particular one ? Thanks..
GB
Sorry for the later reply!

This was part of the RooR Vapor collection. It came as a set with the bowl and heater.
Unfortunately I do not think they make them anymore.
Herborizer make a similar one but it is not as nice to use as it has 4 large holes versus the +-12 holes the RooR has.

I have had mine for around 10 years now and it's the only glass piece I use.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
That's neat! I don't need this feature but I'm glad it's there for people who want it. I don't think there is any way for a customer to update the firmware, but at least now folks can look at the label to see if they have 2.2 or greater.

You are correct, unfortunately you have to send it back to Auber for any firmware updates. I did this once, but since I would never turn on a heating appliance remotely due to safety concerns, thankfully I’m not interested in this update. My last firmware lets me adjust the auto shutoff as well, another safety feature I always employ!

My MaxVapor PID, has remotely updatable firmware, which was smart, but who knew that company would STOP supporting their product a few years ago….. :(

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Wow…this is the roor piece I’ve been looking for !! Do you happen to know the name of this particular one ? Thanks..
GB

Sorry for the later reply!

This was part of the RooR Vapor collection. It came as a set with the bowl and heater.
Unfortunately I do not think they make them anymore.
Herborizer make a similar one but it is not as nice to use as it has 4 large holes versus the +-12 holes the RooR has.

I have had mine for around 10 years now and it's the only glass piece I use.

If the RooR is out of stock, then I recommend this from ehle.
I've been using for a few years now and my favourite easily.

Top Bottom