Phase3 Vaporizers

sedentree

Received my ZX on Friday and have used it mostly exclusively since then. I have never been a bong user, maybe a hit or two 25 years ago so I’m still dialling things in for my preferences but it will mainly be lowish and slowish and shortish for me 😅 I have a Lotus which I use on a j hook with little issue. I have tried the zx on the j hook but wasn’t overly certain about it for some reason. So I have stuck with this small globe for now with a mouthpiece from trww.

Hitting it dry mostly, I did give water a quick go but again didn’t really see the point 😂 have gone from 420f to 550f but mainly and currently at 475f. I use the mini sqp, anything from half a mini sq to two sqp’s worth but my current thinking and practice is less in each bowl and then just reload more often, so barely to mostly covering the screen is where I have currently landed.

Flavour is great, definitely gets you very high for very little material. The thing that made me want to write something now though was the amazement I feel at how it uses the material up. With any other vape you can pretty much keep hitting it if there is heat and eventually you will get to the end of the flavour and it is obvious the stuff is cashed out due to the taste plus the colour. But with the ZX, I noticed that I pull, I see vapour leaving the bowl into the bong but at some point that will stop entirely and no matter how hard I hit it once it is done, I cannot get anything even though there is still heat over it. With the pure convection, the colour of spent material is really not a great guide especially in the bowl, it still looks pretty green so the inability to shall we say overcook your material is a total boon ✌️

RedZep

Received my ZX on Friday and have used it mostly exclusively since then. I have never been a bong user, maybe a hit or two 25 years ago so I’m still dialling things in for my preferences but it will mainly be lowish and slowish and shortish for me 😅 I have a Lotus which I use on a j hook with little issue. I have tried the zx on the j hook but wasn’t overly certain about it for some reason. So I have stuck with this small globe for now with a mouthpiece from trww.

Hitting it dry mostly, I did give water a quick go but again didn’t really see the point 😂 have gone from 420f to 550f but mainly and currently at 475f. I use the mini sqp, anything from half a mini sq to two sqp’s worth but my current thinking and practice is less in each bowl and then just reload more often, so barely to mostly covering the screen is where I have currently landed.

Flavour is great, definitely gets you very high for very little material. The thing that made me want to write something now though was the amazement I feel at how it uses the material up. With any other vape you can pretty much keep hitting it if there is heat and eventually you will get to the end of the flavour and it is obvious the stuff is cashed out due to the taste plus the colour. But with the ZX, I noticed that I pull, I see vapour leaving the bowl into the bong but at some point that will stop entirely and no matter how hard I hit it once it is done, I cannot get anything even though there is still heat over it. With the pure convection, the colour of spent material is really not a great guide especially in the bowl, it still looks pretty green so the inability to shall we say overcook your material is a total boon ✌️
I'm in my honeymoon also. Also using the mini SQP. I find it's perfect, glad I already had it. I couldn't find a use for it before.

I love it in a j-hook. Full bowl if low temp, half bowl if high temp. I find I'm not really bothering with second hits. The bowl is always extracted enough to where it doesn't matter. I really appreciate this.

lukepat

Yes, they are both 3”L V2 PID cocobolo handles from Ed’s tnt. A perfect fit for the ZXL. The ZX coil required a single wrap of electrical tape to tighten/shim the handle to the coil.
Hey, I ordered one of these for my ZX. I could be just dumb (or high), but I cannot figure out how to shimmy this thing on my ZX. Any pointers?

dtrdrk

Hey coolbreeze, are you saying that the zirc bowl does not fit every 14mm joint?

One question regarding burn off: some users reported about fumes. No problem when properly burned off. But does the same not apply to the bowl? Would it not need a burn off as well? Say by placing it on the injector and letting both burn off together upside down (bowl sitting on top of injector with chimney effect)?

RedZep

Hey coolbreeze, are you saying that the zirc bowl does not fit every 14mm joint?

One question regarding burn off: some users reported about fumes. No problem when properly burned off. But does the same not apply to the bowl? Would it not need a burn off as well? Say by placing it on the injector and letting both burn off together upside down (bowl sitting on top of injector with chimney effect)?
I just washed my bowls in hot soapy water. Dried with kitchen towel. Then sucked hot air through them from the injector to dry the screens.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I clean the bowl using Powdered Brewers Wash. I use it to clean bangers and glass as well. Make a big batch and use it a week and then make another batch. Super clean. Easy peasy.

Every night before bed all the items go in the solution and then I rinse them in the morning. No fuss, no muss.

Z-Tribe Maddy

sweetherb

The bowl doesn't need a burn off, only the coil (which is attached to the head).

coolbreeze

Both bowls are very low profile and may not fit dewer or some hand-formed joints. For those i usually use a dropdown or ashcatcher, or one of a couple other 14mm bowls I have. I really prefer the Zi bowl but the glass bowl is fine, too, and fits one or two things that the Zi doesn't.

You wouldn't need to burn off the bowl, it can just be washed.

Axel_420

The glass bowl is really nice if you can get the screen to behave. Used the other night with a j-hook for one snaps. Really brings out the flavor and it’s cool to watch the herb crumble & discolor while using ;)
I agree, and I think for those very reasons you mentioned it would be nice to have a copy of the zirconia bowl, but made of glass. Maybe someday there will be a small batch of these?🙏

gxk

Does anyone prefer the glass bowl over the other one ?
I strongly prefer glass. I think it's better ergonomically (loading/unloading, handle), easier to clean, and I prefer being able to see the load.

Glass is just the right size to suck ground flower out of a BCG like a straw. This is not possible with the zirconia chamber due to shorter length and o-rings creating a larger diameter.

I don't detect a meaningful difference in vapor quality. That may be because I set the screen depth in the glass equal to the zirc.

For setting the screen, use the butt of a Storz and Bickel brush to hold the screen from the bottom, and a 14mm joint from the top to set it in place. Very easy this way, easier than the zirc. I have a 14mm glass stopper that's perfect for the job but any 14mm joint works.

Top Bottom