Phase3 Vaporizers

Green Kiwi

My Friend, you are really making my soooooo:love:🤗 yahoooo, it's coming together!
Can't wait!, still not able to score sapphire/rubys.
Not to worry about that, I am thinking of "Mc Givering"some small rocks from NZ greenstone(I got plenty, HEE @LesPlenty )putting into a rotation stone grinder, will give smooth rounded small ,say 3 or 4 mm pieces rounded ,and ready..!(and possibly quit special.:brow::cool::evil:,will report back, and possibly with @TheThriftDrifter helps manage to post some pics.....:cheers::whip:).
I should explain that I am a digimoron....dislectic as you can be.......
And I need help with most of my posts.... it is what it is, I do my upmost best to post my thoughts, but sometimes when I look back (like in the Dynavap treads discovered ,I wrote down, exactly, to opposite ,as I thought I was posting........sigh)
My favourite tip is the :hydra Wong titanium 2020,with stainless screen . stays good for 5+ bowls, then need to clean.
much Aroha to all, in our community, it's a time for loving your fellowman, imho.
And don't get stressed, just vape on:rockon::rockon::rockon::leaf:.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
My Friend, you are really making my soooooo:love:🤗 yahoooo, it's coming together!
Can't wait!, still not able to score sapphire/rubys.
Not to worry about that, I am thinking of "Mc Givering"some small rocks from NZ greenstone(I got plenty, HEE @LesPlenty )putting into a rotation stone grinder, will give smooth rounded small ,say 3 or 4 mm pieces rounded ,and ready..!(and possibly quit special.:brow::cool::evil:,will report back, and possibly with @TheThriftDrifter helps manage to post some pics.....:cheers::whip:).
I should explain that I am a digimoron....dislectic as you can be.......
And I need help with most of my posts.... it is what it is, I do my upmost best to post my thoughts, but sometimes when I look back (like in the Dynavap treads discovered ,I wrote down, exactly, to opposite ,as I thought I was posting........sigh)
My favourite tip is the :hydra Wong titanium 2020,with stainless screen . stays good for 5+ bowls, then need to clean.
much Aroha to all, in our community, it's a time for loving your fellowman, imho.
And don't get stressed, just vape on:rockon::rockon::rockon::leaf:.

Greenstone balls who would have thought!
Just let me know when you have the photos ready and we'll get them posted. :tup:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@Green Kiwi @TheThriftDrifter

That sounds incredible, I wasn't familiar with NZ Greenstone before your post, but here's a good read on it for those interested.

If you collected the stones yourself from mama Earth they would almost certainly carry a higher metaphysical resonance than synthetic lab created gems. Could possibly compare the emitted energy field through corona discharge (Kirlian photography)

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I’ve compared ruby and glass. Never tried SIC balls. The ruby (all msn made) taste better than the glass IMO. I’m getting some sapphire. But some natural stone rounded to 4mm would be way cool !!! I’d love to hear how the experiment goes!!!

Hi. Just got the 1.7. I've cleaned it and now I've got the 16mm DC coil and there is no way this glass piece is going in there. I don't have a calipers but it's too tight. Does anyone else have that issue? The DC coil is 16mm. If I had a caliper I could check both the 1.7 and the internal dimension of the coil.

Is there a way for me to carefully expand the coil?

Green Kiwi

I would try to drive down a tampered wooden round peg, easy to make if you have a broomstick and a file, even sandpaper will get you there.:2c:.

@invertedisdead , yes Brother, I found them myself frolicking around in the beautiful rivers of the South Island West coast.
even found a few on beaches,overthere.
Yes, they feel special to me , I have them already 8 years ,and now finally a real good thing to use them for found, it will be at least 3 weeks in the tumbler I am told.....:hmm:....
let's see if I can do that without checking al the time.......

ConvectCode1

The TiTi or T43 is literally life changing and having started with nothing, I only spent $120 and got a metal stand and handle for the e nail. It slaps just as hard as a Hot Rod and I love using the Sticky Brick labs Hot Rod injector bowl with the 18mm joint rather than the 14mm. Absolutely incredible performance for ANY desktop vaporizer, let alone a DIY injector vape.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The TiTi or T43 is literally life changing and having started with nothing, I only spent $120 and got a metal stand and handle for the e nail. It slaps just as hard as a Hot Rod and I love using the Sticky Brick labs Hot Rod injector bowl with the 18mm joint rather than the 14mm. Absolutely incredible performance for ANY desktop vaporizer, let alone a DIY injector vape.

I had thought about making a ball vape from the shovel head bowl post about a year or so ago when I saw people using those titanium posts as a Supreme bowl. I decided to work on a different Supreme competitor instead though, so I never went through with it. At the time, I honestly didn't think anyone would really want a glass ball vape with a metal housing; but I overthink stuff a lot and things have changed a lot since the Glass Symphony days.

I basically made the same move as Dynavap did with the OG, thinking everyone was all about the glass when they really aren’t. I mean, a lot of the people following this specific thread for a long time are all about the glass, but overall, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t seem to be a huge deal to most people even in the vape community. It’s just a little strange to me because here in SD you already know it’s “glass or pass” from the combustion crowd. Lesson learned... though I do still find myself compelled to do these glass centric designs for some reason.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

It’s just a little strange to me because here in SD you already know it’s “glass or pass” from the combustion crowd.
I think a lot of people are willing to sacrifice a bit of taste for the perception at least of a more durable build, especially if they can only have one heavy. I have a metal one that I feel I can rely on, but I'm keeping my eyes open for glass builds that can dethrone my elev8r. Glad you guys are innovating!

Vaporware

I still use a VRod with no balls and other metal heaters just about every day, but I’m here for the low metal heater. :)

I mean I’ve been wanting that since @invertedisdead was posting in the FlowerPot thread about the possibility of a glass or quartz FP, so I’m partly here to support him, but there are a lot of options in this space these days, and I’m still waiting for this one when I’ve had plenty of time to buy the others…

I agree that most people don’t seem too worried about heater materials, but personally I’d be even happier if we could get the screens and coil away from the air coming into the InV 1.7 to see what a heater with a truly metal free air path was like.

I don’t know exactly why, but I do think metal heaters are harsher than ceramic, quartz, etc. in my experience. I expect the minimal metal in this one (combined with the extra surface area) to provide faster vapor production than my ShowerHead or VRod while being smoother.

Maybe I’m wrong, but based on my previous experiences (mostly with metal and ceramic heaters) that’s my expectation.

If that’s not the case, it’s still clearly a heavy hitter with its own style. :rockon:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I think a lot of people are willing to sacrifice a bit of taste for the perception at least of a more durable build, especially if they can only have one heavy. I have a metal one that I feel I can rely on, but I'm keeping my eyes open for glass builds that can dethrone my elev8r. Glad you guys are innovating!

I agree wholeheartedly!!

I don’t want anyone to think I’m knocking them or anything, heck it’s the opposite, I’m kicking myself for not doing some of these ideas! 😁

but personally I’d be even happier if we could get the screens and coil away from the air coming into the InV 1.7 to see what a heater with a truly metal free air path was like.

That’s the Sandcastle Technology! 🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐
Haven’t been able to find someone who can build it for me, but I’m still trying to build my solid fused heater with zero moving parts and 100% glass path.

Vaporware

That’s the Sandcastle Technology! 🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐
Haven’t been able to find someone who can build it for me, but I’m still trying to build my solid fused heater with zero moving parts and 100% glass path.

Yeah, when I finally got the 1.7 I was also going to see if you had extra parts to build one of those, or I could just order parts myself. :)

The two downsides there are having to guess at the heat or use a separate device to measure it, and all the torching. I don’t mind a little torch use, but extended torching for each use is…not ideal to me.

Have you tried a coil on the SCVW? If it fit pretty well it might make it more like a naked Evo and still keep the coil away from the air intake if the housing was long enough.

If it didn’t fit, maybe a little metal fitting between the quartz and coil? If it’s far away from the air intake I don’t think it would matter…I would consider just sticking the coil around it and then removing it once it was hot enough, but the heat transfer wouldn’t be very efficient if it was loose… :sherlock:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah, when I finally got the 1.7 I was also going to see if you had extra parts to build one of those, or I could just order parts myself. :)

The two downsides there are having to guess at the heat or use a separate device to measure it, and all the torching. I don’t mind a little torch use, but extended torching for each use is…not ideal to me.

Have you tried a coil on the SCVW? If it fit pretty well it might make it more like a naked Evo and still keep the coil away from the air intake if the housing was long enough.

If it didn’t fit, maybe a little metal fitting between the quartz and coil? If it’s far away from the air intake I don’t think it would matter…I would consider just sticking the coil around it and then removing it once it was hot enough, but the heat transfer wouldn’t be very efficient if it was loose… :sherlock:

I'm planning on offering assembled Vapor Wands on my new website. Even though that thread wasn't very popular I still think it's great.
I tried a cartridge heater inside the vapor wand a year or two ago, but the dynamics are just different.

Torching has its pros and cons, no doubt, but the cordless appeal is pretty fun. The 14mm vapor wand only takes 10-15 seconds to reach vaping temperatures with a larger torch, and just a couple seconds more to get back to temp while warm.

I had an idea a while back to machine a stand/station from like aluminum, that would fit a XLR coil, and the wand sits in the stand to get charged with heat. Kind of a play on the Vapman Station and induction Dyna type setups;Like an inverted log, where the stand stays on the table, but the wand is removed for a hit, then can simply be placed back in the stand for a "recharge."

And the station would be PID controlled for temperature regulation. Somewhat inspired by Shooby's coil dab technique. The idea is basically like a a log though, where the base station is on idling in the background, and when you want a rip you just grab the warm vapor wand for clean pure cordless vapors. I guess the closest thing would basically be the CouchLog. But this particular concept would be all externally heated and glass based, with a different form factor.

Vaporware

Sounds good man! I’d try just torching, and it’s cool that it’s faster to heat up than a lot of torch powered stuff, but I would probably use it more often with a base station. That’s a lot like what I was suggesting just reversed so the wand goes into the coil instead of the coil going onto the wand. :)

Designing and making that base station could take up significant time though, so if you have other things you’d rather do don’t feel like you have to spend time on that one!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Sounds good man! I’d try just torching, and it’s cool that it’s faster to heat up than a lot of torch powered stuff, but I would probably use it more often with a base station. That’s a lot like what I was suggesting just reversed so the wand goes into the coil instead of the coil going onto the wand. :)

Designing and making that base station could take up significant time though, so if you have other things you’d rather do don’t feel like you have to spend time on that one!

The main predicament I had was trying to weigh the benefits of making that, over something like my 1.7
But I admit there is something compelling about the simple, cordless heat source of the vapor wand. It's the most reminescent to an "old school" bong hit to me. I came up with the electric heater stand because I like the self contained feature of log vapes, but I didn't like having to flip them upside down to use on my glass.

I think the main component of the electric heater stand for the vapor wand would be pretty easy to design, but I've also thought that before and been wrong... 😁😁 I'm still a bit unsure of how the dynamics would change from the torched version, and how long it would take to reheat. It couldn't possibly reheat as fast as a torch, but if it reheated to a stable temperature that would be pretty compelling and advantageous.

It does, I just know he has plenty of ideas and another one might be even better, so I don’t want to distract him if he’d rather put the time into something else: :)

Next on deck is almost certainly going to be the Quad Core V2!
The next time I order some machined samples I want to try and knock out a couple different prototypes at the same time to fiddle around with, 🎻🎻🎻

Haha! Don't discourage him! This thing sounds awesome!

👽👽👽👽👽

I figure if I stopped vaping I'd get a lot more done. But then I wouldn't come up with any good ideas, so I'm still vaping for now 😂😂

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Just wanted to throw out this tip for anyone setting up: the InVerzion 1.7 is a velocity driven device - it works best, like a turbocharger, when moving lots of air. Old school slow-draw milkshake “vape inhales” don’t create the desired turbulence effect and will reduce heat transfer. When you hear the turbulence from the Venturi effect at the air inlets, you’re at the optimum flow rate.

Also I would be cautious and likely avoid using an e-nail handle with this, as the additional leverage will put tension on the glass.

:leaf:

Ernielicous

Love getting inverted with my 1.7. Have mines filled up with 3mm rubies and bought a 16mm auber coil from vgoodiez. Fit perfectly with no stretching required at all. At first i was using it with the grav 18mm octobowl and was seeing some very good and tasty results. I switched over to the tag bowl more recently and i felt the added airflow from the stainlesssteel scren vs the glss screen was definite improvement bc it effortlessly white walled my glass and truly derailed me from posting about how amazing this little guy is! Been having way too much fun with the 1.7. Would be interested in filling it up with 4mm sapphire at some point too just to see how it compares

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Love getting inverted with my 1.7. Have mines filled up with 3mm rubies and bought a 16mm auber coil from vgoodiez. Fit perfectly with no stretching required at all. At first i was using it with the grav 18mm octobowl and was seeing some very good and tasty results. I switched over to the tag bowl more recently and i felt the added airflow from the stainlesssteel scren vs the glss screen was definite improvement bc it effortlessly white walled my glass and truly derailed me from posting about how amazing this little guy is! Been having way too much fun with the 1.7. Would be interested in filling it up with 4mm sapphire at some point too just to see how it compares

Love to hear that; I’m super stoked that you’re digging it! :rockon::rockon:

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
Some people appear to have backed out so there may be an available spot or two left from this batch, feel free to drop me a PM if you want to reserve one.

I was planning on ordering a pretty big batch immediately following this one, but now I’m not so sure the demand is there, again.

☔☔☔☔☔

Old 1.7 vid featuring Larry Fisherman in case you forgot what we’re working with.

QU4D CORE V2 on the drawing board this week getting a total aesthetic makeover.... with hundreds of vaporizing concepts written down it’s possible that I may just start building small, limited run batches of my ideas/concepts/prototypes and my peers can check them out if anything interests them. Probably start a small website where you can peruse or place an order from a small lot of custom designed therapeutic products.

Got some emails and PMs to get back to today which I’m planning on taking care of, hope everyone is having a positive morning.

:leaf:
son of a bitch did i miss it again. That's what i get for being MIA for a month

Top Bottom