Phase3 Vaporizers

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Vgoodiez just got Auber 16mm in stock. I ordered one. I’m excited.
Just some thoughts on these Aubers. The inside diameter is 15.8mm so these are a little smaller than the DC coils (which we are also looking to restock the DC unstretched coils again) which are a few mm wider in diameter. These work great for a friction fit on the shovelhead post mod without having to do any crimping. They slide right in and are tight. If you wanna to use other coils for that mod, you are doing to need to crimp.

@invertedisdead still keeping tabs on this one here. Keep it up!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
16mm cable arrived today. Honestly when I order from vgoodiez it feels like the package arrives before I even finished clicking purchase - thx Scott

Is it the Auber or were you able to swap it for the DC coil? As Vgoodiez mentioned above, the Auber has a slightly smaller internal diameter and may need to be stretched diametrically to fit. I’ve done this before, but it is a bit more involved than stretching lengthwise.

Honestly for heating the 1.7 it may be preferable to trade it out for the DC coil where the diameter is matched to the glass.

:leaf:

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I ordered from DC earlier in the week. They haven’t shipped yet. It’ll be nice when these are available again.

Is this an uncommon size? Just wondering if this is going to be a challenge to replace the coil if it fails.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I ordered from DC earlier in the week. They haven’t shipped yet. It’ll be nice when these are available again.

Is this an uncommon size? Just wondering if this is going to be a challenge to replace the coil if it fails.

16MM is pretty common, I wouldn’t expect them to be too hard to track down;

I think some of the vendors are just temporarily out of stock.

Green Kiwi

Yahoooo🥳, my 16.05mm coil from dh gate(I think has arrived with its controller.
measured the internal size is 16.06mm and the out side 18.96 mm. those would work Ayee?
you got any updates about your new manufacturer development?

Much Love, and don't feel stressed, I am just casually asking🤗:whip::chill:.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Excellent preparedness!l, team!

I’m definitely hoping to get a shipping update soon on my glass parts :rockon:
I’m getting anxious myself for these new parts and don’t want to wait much longer 😁 I hope to have an update very soon!!

Been tinkering around on some other project ideas I had designed and built while I wait, (ball-less budget heavy) but honestly with all the desktop stuff that’s come out in just the last couple weeks I’m not sure that one is worth pursuing further. The 1.7 is already positioned as affordable, (Not any more expensive than the coil or the controller) and with the DIY stuff going around, I don’t think more budget stuff is really necessary anymore. To be totally honest I think we’ve well established, as a community, that hot balls in a tube will make good vapor. I’m certainly not criticizing anyone looking to play in the same sandbox; or looking to stir the proverbial pot, but when you see the reality check from established guys like VXL going under, I do have to wonder how much saturation this small industry can truly handle. I don’t really wanna be the guy that has to bring this up but I don’t really see anyone else talking about it. The truth is, when too many people get on the same boat, they all sink. Anyways I hope everyone following along is doing well, and I appreciate you hanging on for the ride!

🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
@invertedisdead - lots to think about. Let me share a few thoughts about the market in general and the vaping market in particular.

First off until the US federal government addresses the legality issue (at this point it should be a done deal but Dems are so messed up they can't pass it) the on-going development of the cannabis market(s) in all ways is going to be hit or miss. The whole shipping ban and the vaping scare is so far removed from legal vaping of flower and legal concentrates. Because of the states are leading the way (yeah) but the feds are behind that banking and all sorts of things are screwed up and making it harder to run any kind of cannabis business let alone devices.

Now to the device space - the potential market is huge - literally billions of dollars. That data is available. So why is there an issue besides the shipping? A) lack of knowledge - a lot of people don't really understand what vaping is and are cautious or afraid; and B) I'm not convinced that there are really any consumer friendly form factors. I'm an enthusiast and all the stuff going on is unbelievable great but the market for this stuff is small. Just look at the number of people that post regularly here. There is a very niche community at the moment. The general consumer probably will never buy many of these things until it gets packaged up in a way that makes it accessible (maybe like the Old Head Hot Rod - I don't know). But ordering the right diameter coils, and doing all this stuff - I love it but I would never expect the market for this to be large.

I look at the device that went out of business and honestly I don't see that being a good fit for the consumer market so it doesn't surprise me, From what I can see there wasn't any really new innovation for awhile and look at will be available for cheaper now. They weren't setup to compete.

Lastly, I think this is going to be a very tough time to try and make money in cannabis unless you grow and sell it. I think devices are going to take a while to really catch on.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The glass shop just finished the new samples!

BCFB4-F02-B82-B-4764-B946-E043437546-FB.jpg

They’re mailing them out on Monday from the East Coast and I’ll be forwarding them from California out to you great folks as soon as I receive them!

Heads up: I don’t currently have the custom ordered sapphire beads for these yet due to delays accrued during Chinese New Year. Kinda disappointed about that to be honest as they will be different from what others are selling and will improve the performance even more. So for this sample run it looks like I will just be selling these empty glass 1.7 housings for now. I definitely intend to offer future batches “stacked and packed” however! I sincerely appreciate your patience and thank you all whom have been following along!

🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Is it pretty straightforward to attach the coil or are there any specific tricks?
I had a bit of trouble getting my coil correct and dropped a hot heater out of the coil once! I did kinda 'feel' it when I got it right eventually and that was after I stretched my coil slightly but I believe these heaters are a bit shorter than my (in)version. Grab some scrap leather to put on a surface in front of you when trying out out for the first time or two, but I've not needed my leather safety blanket since getting the heater properly attached though and have absolutely no concerns about it's safety now.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Yeah, sorry I should have explained better! I always use leather for my for torched elev8r heater, and it came in handy for testing the coil fitting on my inV. I didn't think of it at first and when I dropped the hot heater onto bubble wrap i instantly realised my mistake 🤣 silicone should work well too lol.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thank you all! 🥳🥳🥳

Yahoooo, its coming together! :tup::science:looking forward brother!

Thank you very much my man!

They look mint mate! Can't wait to see more 1.7s it in people's hands, and you must be delighted to be able to get one back in your rotation too.

I’m absolutely looking forward to setting one up as soon as they land! :science:
I’ve definitely been missing this one for a few months, I’m thankful to my supporters that there was enough interest to bring it back 🙏

Yeah!!! Can't wait.

Thanks dude!! I really appreciate the positive vibes I always see you maintain on the forum ✌️

Looks great, the holes look polished, i am sure it is going to be a blast . Good luck !

Thank you for that my FC OG!! Respect to ya friend!

Is it pretty straightforward to attach the coil or are there any specific tricks?

Well I’m hoping it goes pretty straightforward for everybody, there’s definitely a bit of a “Goldie Locks” Just Right type of fit. As a friction fit you do want contact, but I’d say you want to err on the side of being a little looser rather than a little tighter. The borosilicate will expand a little more than the previous quartz batch so the idea is this will help “snug” the fit a little bit when powered on. Still, glass expands a lot less than metal so a good cold fit is pretty important. Everything has been designed to maintain roundness; and no coil stretching will be required with this one, so I’m hoping it will be pretty painless.

I did kinda 'feel' it when I got it right eventually and that was after I stretched my coil slightly but I believe these heaters are a bit shorter than my (in)version

That’s correct, the new bead chamber is 1CM shorter and the joint is 1CM longer, so the total length is the same, but the ratios have changed a little bit.

The idea is to optimize the heat capacity of my glass part for these XLR coils as they come right out of the box. The ends of these coils don’t heat as evenly as the middle wraps, so the goal is to optimize the direct localized heating. The bead chamber dimensions are largely inspired by my Vapor Wand experiments. With the 1.7 we’re using fluid velocity to promote faster heat transfer through turbulent mixing, rather than just relying on a lot of surface area, which ultimately does the inverse.

Top Bottom