Phase3 Vaporizers

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
That’s the Sandcastle Technology! 🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐
Haven’t been able to find someone who can build it for me, but I’m still trying to build my solid fused heater with zero moving parts and 100% glass path.

I have to say, that one really caught my attention. It does mimic a BT more closely than any other vape experience I've had.

I'm planning on offering assembled Vapor Wands on my new website. Even though that thread wasn't very popular I still think it's great.
I tried a cartridge heater inside the vapor wand a year or two ago, but the dynamics are just different.

Torching has its pros and cons, no doubt, but the cordless appeal is pretty fun. The 14mm vapor wand only takes 10-15 seconds to reach vaping temperatures with a larger torch, and just a couple seconds more to get back to temp while warm.

I had an idea a while back to machine a stand/station from like aluminum, that would fit a XLR coil, and the wand sits in the stand to get charged with heat. Kind of a play on the Vapman Station and induction Dyna type setups;Like an inverted log, where the stand stays on the table, but the wand is removed for a hit, then can simply be placed back in the stand for a "recharge."

And the station would be PID controlled for temperature regulation. Somewhat inspired by Shooby's coil dab technique. The idea is basically like a a log though, where the base station is on idling in the background, and when you want a rip you just grab the warm vapor wand for clean pure cordless vapors. I guess the closest thing would basically be the CouchLog. But this particular concept would be all externally heated and glass based, with a different form factor.
I like this idea as well.

Making a SCVW (I use DVs and carts mostly) really opened my eyes to more powerful extraction and to some extent nudged me over the edge to buy a Flowerpot. I've had that for a couple days now and to get it to hit hard and fast like the VaporWand I have to turn it up to the point where it's no longer pleasant (testing will continue, however).

The drawback to the SCVW was that I'd go over, regularly. Inverted, you say you don't like the way the rubys change color- I learned quick if they went black I needed to give them a chance to calm down or they'd burn my stuff and foul my glass. That color change is a feature. The appeal of the FP was that I could control the temps directly, repeatably- if I could get VaporWand magic with precise temp control and corresponding repeatability I'd be all over it.

Will the 1.777 do that? Or do I need to wait on your e-Wand?

What's the current story on 1.777 units now- did your beads come in/is there stuffed pricing?

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer

What's the current story on 1.777 units now- did your beads come in/is there stuffed pricing?
@invertedisdead : $1 says I'm not the only one looking for an answer here :)

You made mention of a website too as I recall.... looking forward to having a look. Any update on that?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have to say, that one really caught my attention. It does mimic a BT more closely than any other vape experience I've had.

I like this idea as well.

Making a SCVW (I use DVs and carts mostly) really opened my eyes to more powerful extraction and to some extent nudged me over the edge to buy a Flowerpot. I've had that for a couple days now and to get it to hit hard and fast like the VaporWand I have to turn it up to the point where it's no longer pleasant (testing will continue, however).

The drawback to the SCVW was that I'd go over, regularly. Inverted, you say you don't like the way the rubys change color- I learned quick if they went black I needed to give them a chance to calm down or they'd burn my stuff and foul my glass. That color change is a feature. The appeal of the FP was that I could control the temps directly, repeatably- if I could get VaporWand magic with precise temp control and corresponding repeatability I'd be all over it.

I just started testing the Electric Sandcastle yesterday! Not sure there’s really enough interest to pursue something like that, but I found a way to rig up a proof-of-concept for evaluation. Ive got family in town so I don’t have as much time to mess with it right now, but I hope to spend some more time with it soon.

As far as my custom beads, they ended up more expensive than I remember them being when I ordered the sample. To outfit a svelte housing like my 1.7 isn’t too majorly cost prohibitive, but they do cost more than the actual housing lol. For filling most of the other housings available on the market that use a lot of beads, it could get a bit pricey compared to the current “industry standard” beads.

Even though I said I was done changing anything, it’s also possible there could be an InV1.8 - with new Bisecting airflow, and a few other differences. Maybe!

A lot of this is kind of philosophical - the pros and cons of having the heater physically attached, versus a “heat-then-hit” kind of design. Does the cordless freedom during Sandcastle use have more metaphysical value than an attached heater that doesn’t ever “run out of gas?”

It’s hard for me to guess. I think there is something special about a charged up cordless hit, but I’m not sure which one is truly more advantageous. I do think the Electric Sandcastle is a bit unique. And I definitely like the idea of a “log-like” station / home base for keeping the vapor wand hot n’ ready like a Little Caesars pizza 😂
The user experience is pretty nostalgic feeling and reminiscent of old school bong snaps, maybe a bit less “clinical” in use than a plugged in desktop experience. Pretty discrete too when heated electrically, no big torches or anything causing a stir.

Any news, and or reviews? from the people whom have the 1.7 in their hands:cool:.
Very curious how the first impressions are .

A few people just got theirs set up, so it wouldn’t surprise me if we heard some more feedback soon!

Got a 16mm coil in today. I am officially ready for the next drop :rockon:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Spleeeno

Horsin around
As far as my custom beads, they ended up more expensive than I remember them being when I ordered the sample. To outfit a svelte housing like my 1.7 isn’t too majorly cost prohibitive, but they do cost more than the actual housing lol. For filling most of the other housings available on the market that use a lot of beads, it could get a bit pricey compared to the current “industry standard” beads.
I mean it all comes down to if the increased price for sapphire is somehow represented in increased performance compared to boro/rubies.
I'd order one thats pre-filled with sapphire - just for the novelty and because I have plenty of 3/4mm ruby/boro balls around to swap out if I ever feel like it :science:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I mean it all comes down to if the increased price for sapphire is somehow represented in increased performance compared to boro/rubies.
I'd order one thats pre-filled with sapphire - just for the novelty and because I have plenty of 3/4mm ruby/boro balls around to swap out if I ever feel like it :science:

I think what happened is I figured I could always offer my custom beads to any ball vape owner, for an aftermarket performance boost based on published scientific literature. But then I transitioned into more affordable ball vape options, like my 1.7, which skewed the overall pricing structure a bit.

Since I sell my 1.7 housing for less than half of what my 1.5 had cost me to make. So the custom beads are almost easier for some folks to justify on a $150+ 1.5 than a $55 1.7 as they come out to around $1 a piece at retail. For any of the vapes that use 200+ beads it’s not as budget friendly as I was hoping. That said, I’m entertaining an idea to potentially balance out that price better.

You made mention of a website too as I recall.... looking forward to having a look. Any update on that?

Sorry I forgot to respond to this - I haven’t really started the website yet, my mom has been in the hospital which has been testing my spirit for these projects. On one hand I’m nervous to further invest my limited resources into these projects and on the other, I need these to work out now more than ever, so I’m definitely feeling conflicted.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Sorry I forgot to respond to this - I haven’t really started the website yet, my mom has been in the hospital which has been testing my spirit for these projects. On one hand I’m nervous to further invest my limited resources into these projects and on the other, I need these to work out now more than ever, so I’m definitely feeling conflicted.

Just wanted to send some love and healing vibes to you and your mom! Financially I'm more in this thread to follow along than to pick up my own unit anytime soon but I've been loving the progress!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Just wanted to send some love and healing vibes to you and your mom! Financially I'm more in this thread to follow along than to pick up my own unit anytime soon but I've been loving the progress!

Appreciate the love and kind thoughts brother!

Thanks for keeping the moral up, it means a lot!!

Hopefully have some more cool stuff to share with the next update.

And I Hope it’s alright to post this picture in here, a fellow FC member just sent me of their 1.7 on the CC Prodigy :rockon:

F395136-F-3150-49-FC-A88-A-4401-F85420-E7.jpg

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
Appreciate the love and kind thoughts brother!

Thanks for keeping the moral up, it means a lot!!

Hopefully have some more cool stuff to share with the next update.

And I Hope it’s alright to post this picture in here, a fellow FC member just sent me of their 1.7 on the CC Prodigy :rockon:

F395136-F-3150-49-FC-A88-A-4401-F85420-E7.jpg
Next drop you do, can you shoot me a DM so I don’t miss it again 😂. Sometimes I go MIA for a few weeks but if I get a DM I’d see it; don’t want to miss it yet again! Keep up the great

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hey @invertedisdead, not sure if you remember me - haven’t been around for ages. I’m so excited to see your efforts and a physical device that incorporates your considerable knowledge; like really excited, it’s honestly the only newish thing in plug-ins that has triggered any vape lust. So count me in PLEASE and tell me what I need to do to get on the list or in the queue or whatever your procedure. I need to go back and read much more, but does a prospective buyer need to get anything beyond a 16mm coil?

One last Q, hope it’s not too invasive: can I ask how much more R&D you anticipate before having a final (in)version for public release? Like is 1.7 getting pretty close to perfection or do you expect possibly more iterations before launching the website? I’m super stoked to get on the train today but curious about how close the product is to the finish line.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hey @invertedisdead, not sure if you remember me - haven’t been around for ages. I’m so excited to see your efforts and a physical device that incorporates your considerable knowledge; like really excited, it’s honestly the only newish thing in plug-ins that has triggered any vape lust. So count me in PLEASE and tell me what I need to do to get on the list or in the queue or whatever your procedure. I need to go back and read much more, but does a prospective buyer need to get anything beyond a 16mm coil?

One last Q, hope it’s not too invasive: can I ask how much more R&D you anticipate before having a final (in)version for public release? Like is 1.7 getting pretty close to perfection or do you expect possibly more iterations before launching the website? I’m super stoked to get on the train today but curious about how close the product is to the finish line.

Cheers to ya @pxl_jockey , it’s great to see you back around pal! I appreciate those kind comments, and for the opportunity to capture your interest!

Yeah, I finally decided to just start building my own gear, now I can finally do whatever I want!

1.7 is most likely going to be my last version of this ball vape project. I was flirting with the idea of potentially doing a 1.8, but probably not.

Rather than explore 1.8, I would probably do something new and finish designing the parts to build my own log instead. I’m still a obsessive perfectionist at heart, but I’m happy with the 1.7 and think I pretty much accomplished what I wanted to do with it.

I still haven’t really started my website, but it’s not something that would take me long to put together. I just don’t really have anything to even sell on it right now.

Main thing right now is I haven’t heard back from the glass shop, I reached out about two weeks ago but haven’t had much luck... the amount of setbacks I’ve had trying to bring this seemingly simple product to market has just been over the top. I get excited and then burnt out from nothing happening.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So I reached out to the glass shop through a different email, it seems like when I go through their main point of contact my messages get seen, but somehow they are getting lost when I reply directly to the email thread. They seemed concerned to hear about my emails not going through though, so hopefully it’s just a technical issue. I was kind of concerned they were ignoring me cause it’s a V-part, as I’ve had that happen in the past with earlier versions of this project.
Needless to say I am going to get another 15-20 1.7s ordered today so we can keep this party going! Thanks to everyone’s Saint-like patience 🙏

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
So I reached out to the glass shop through a different email, it seems like when I go through their main point of contact my messages get seen, but somehow they are getting lost when I reply directly to the email thread. They seemed concerned to hear about my emails not going through though, so hopefully it’s just a technical issue. I was kind of concerned they were ignoring me cause it’s a V-part, as I’ve had that happen in the past with earlier versions of this project.
Needless to say I am going to get another 15-20 1.7s ordered today so we can keep this party going! Thanks to everyone’s Saint-like patience 🙏
How can I order one?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
How can I order one?

Maybe I will pre-sell these next ones so people can guarantee one from the batch; or I might just slap together a website while they are being built and just do first come/ first serve. That would probably be easier than trying to do invoices through PMs.

If possible, i would def be interested in a second one! Lol love this thing, it started as my wake & baker but now its my daily driver. Been wanting to post videos about it but havent gotten around too it. Most likely will today tho.

Dude that’s awesome to hear you’re staying inverted!! :rockon::rockon:

That always makes me stoked to hear that folks in this community are digging these!

:leaf:

Vaporware

I passed on 4/20 deals (apart from a few small accessories and dispensary deals) because I decided I’d still rather have one of these than something like the latest Cannabis Hardware offerings.

I still use the VRod on a regular basis, but if I’m going to delve into the ball vape realm I’d rather minimize the metals.

…that’s a long way to say I’m still 100% in and I hope I can pick one up from this batch! :popcorn:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Whoop whoop! Great news on the 1.7s, nice to know that I’ll get to join this party sooner rather than later. Best news I’ve seen all day and it’s been ages since I’ve been giddy about trying a new vape. But anything from inverted gets my attention because he’s been dropping science here for years and if hes made something, it’s gonna be heavy and pure.

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Maybe I will pre-sell these next ones so people can guarantee one from the batch;
In. It would be a nice way to express appreciatiom to your fans; you can't deny our clamor is motivating :)

Or perhaps consider taking small deposits to know how many to order so no one walks away sad, lonely, and embittered. (Or even just embittered.)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I didn’t mean for it to sound like I wouldn’t continue to reserve one for anyone whom I’ve promised one, it’s just less organized to handle through PMs; But it’s not a major deal and I’d be most happy to get one to anyone I’ve promised! I still hope to start a website soon to make it a more streamlined ordering process.

Thanks a ton for your interest!

:leaf:

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
I didn’t mean for it to sound like I wouldn’t continue to reserve one for anyone whom I’ve promised one, it’s just less organized to handle through PMs; But it’s not a major deal and I’d be most happy to get one to anyone I’ve promised!
I tore the house apart today and I can't find that promise anywhere. Maybe I never got one, or if I did I misplaced it somewhere. Is there a website where I can order one? :)

Top Bottom