• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

grokit

well-worn member
Has there been a targeted inquiry regarding the high-amperage ipad-type of charging option?

grokit,
Reactions: jeff

Grimkrum

After owning this thing for awhile I have to say it is a huge letdown. Once the initial cool factor wears off you realize it is not nearly as conservative as a magic flight and not even all that much easier to use. Especially with that stupid fucking piece of shit mouth piece. Sorry I got so excited. I feel really bad if my opinion influenced anyone to buy one of this piles of junk. The construction is appalling and the over all experience leaves much to be desired. This is just my two cents please treat it as such.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
After owning this thing for awhile I have to say it is a huge letdown. Once the initial cool factor wears off you realize it is not nearly as conservative as a magic flight and not even all that much easier to use. Especially with that stupid fucking piece of shit mouth piece. Sorry I got so excited. I feel really bad if my opinion influenced anyone to buy one of this piles of junk. The construction is appalling and the over all experience leaves much to be desired. This is just my two cents please treat it as such.
No problem. Get it off your chest. Appreciate your input:cool:...it's all good.

Snappo,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
14mm Male to 18mm Male adapter with a silicone boot to fit over the Pax mouthpiece. The micro shower tube is a Pinnacle Water Tool. You can find it on EBay for $110.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: Snappo

HSIHP

Look'n good Deadshort! BTW, I still use that piece you mailed me everyday to connect my Solo or Pax to my Infamous. :rockon:

spaceshipbob

I
how do you guys go about bringing your pax to a concert or event? brought mine to a met game / nas concert last night and had no problems through a security metal detector wand, but was thinking how i'd go about it if i was questioned. mp3 player? tobacco vaporizer? also, actually using it around a large group of people in stealth.. turning it on in your pocket and then going for it? it reaks pretty good when you turn it on.. but actually vaping i didn't notice anyone turning their heads.
I wrap a pair of headphones with the plug cut off round it and then put it in a large headphones case. Have taken it into concerts and clubs with metal detectors and thorough searches and no one's even asked.

spaceshipbob,

jeff

Well like homeboy said get it off your chest. But what is the part of the mouthpiece that is stupid and a piece of shit? When I first got it, I was kind of like whatever, it is ok I want to like it. But I have learned to love the fuck out of this thing. It is just so convenient and easy to use. I am not sure what it leaves to be desired. As far as all of the portables I have used it is by far the best and easiest experience. I am not sure how a MFLP is easier. Hand a MFLB to a newb and they will not get a hit. Hand a PAX to a newb hits galore.

DHosa713

Hmmm, i tried something different today... has anyone ever used the pax with out the lid being on? seems like i get more vapor and easier to hit, like i start it off with the lid on take a few hits let the herb stick together then opened the lid and hit it again and whoa!

DHosa713,

YGandalfYG

When I put my Pax on the charger it glows orange, then flashes red twice, and then flashes green and stays flashing green and does not charge, what do I do to fix this?

YGandalfYG,

MolecularConcept

A car charger! thats what ill try to design and print! i never designed anything before with solidworks so this will be a challenge. ill try to get the pax ploom logo printed in there too.i already have an extra base station and a car adapter so ill see what i can sketch up with that.

MolecularConcept,
Reactions: grokit

Hexi

Well like homeboy said get it off your chest. But what is the part of the mouthpiece that is stupid and a piece of shit? When I first got it, I was kind of like whatever, it is ok I want to like it. But I have learned to love the fuck out of this thing. It is just so convenient and easy to use. I am not sure what it leaves to be desired. As far as all of the portables I have used it is by far the best and easiest experience. I am not sure how a MFLP is easier. Hand a MFLB to a newb and they will not get a hit. Hand a PAX to a newb hits galore.

Many of us experience a high failure rate with the mouthpiece. So many that Ploom slightly modified the mouthpiece? They regularly do replacements etc...

The mouthpiece is also located near the charging pins, which many of us PAX owners have realized results in a PAX that not only has a stick mouthpiece, but stops charging.

Essentially the flaws in the moving mouthpiece design can (but don't always) cause complete failure... i.e. bricking of the PAX.

Obviously many PAX owners have no issues. I've had 2 mouthpiece failures, and now it won't charge. Need to do another CS session with Ploom to resolve.

Hexi,

jeff

Many of us experience a high failure rate with the mouthpiece. So many that Ploom slightly modified the mouthpiece? They regularly do replacements etc...

The mouthpiece is also located near the charging pins, which many of us PAX owners have realized results in a PAX that not only has a stick mouthpiece, but stops charging.

Essentially the flaws in the moving mouthpiece design can (but don't always) cause complete failure... i.e. bricking of the PAX.

Obviously many PAX owners have no issues. I've had 2 mouthpiece failures, and now it won't charge. Need to do another CS session with Ploom to resolve.

I have had the PAX for many months. Lik I said at first I thought it was a novelty. Now I love the fucking thing and am addicted to it. I use it at least once a day. I have never had any problems. For a whole day I had the temp light issue. It was solved by applying a slight pressure till the mouth piece until it was warmed up. Then when I got home I cleaned it good and did the denta pick deal and no problems since. I have never applied the lube.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that units have had problems, I also don't care that you hate the thing. I am just trying to point out for some casual former reader that this unit is no more problematic than any device out there. Electronics and manufactured products all have a certain failure rate. The members of this forum are power users, quick to complain, and likely hard on their equipment due to being a power user. There is a shit ton of satisfied paxers out there. The f complaints in the forum are not representative of the percentage of units that fail. Plus complaints seem to have dropped with Ploom's modifications to the mouthpiece.

jeff,

Hexi

I also don't care that you hate the thing. . .

I never said I did. Restating that all electronics have a % of failures is not new information.

Also, blaming the users/consumers because they are "power users" and "hard on their equipment" or "quick to complain" is pretty dickish.

No one stated that there are valid scientific studies linking forum complaints to %failures of any particular electronics device.
However your statement that
"this unit is no more problematic than any device out there."
is absolute horseshit.

Hexi,

jeff

I never said I did. Restating that all electronics have a % of failures is not new information.

Also, blaming the users/consumers because they are "power users" and "hard on their equipment" or "quick to complain" is pretty dickish.

No one stated that there are valid scientific studies linking forum complaints to %failures of any particular electronics device.
However your statement that
"this unit is no more problematic than any device out there."
is absolute horseshit.

Really. I also own a WISPR. There was mad bitching about that. Never had a problem with mine either. The complaints about having to clean the thing are idiotic. No device for consuming herb/oil/etc does not require cleaning for good taste, working properly etc.

It is no more problematic than any exalted device and it is a lot less problematic than some of the POS's that fall apart immediately. So there is that.

Like I said I don't really care if you don't like it I just don't think we should use this forum to scare folks away from an awesome product. I wasn't blaming users. I am just saying clean the fucking thing, lube it. Use it responsibly. And there is nothing dickish saying that the forum is filled with complaints. Take a look around bro. Read some of these threads any thread. I thought it was generally accepted that the rate of complaints in this forum doesn't equate to real life percentages. Far fewer people come here to praise their device than come here looking for help with a problem. Don't take it so personal.

Now excuse me while i take my small, stealthy, perfectly working Pax outside and get roasted.

jeff,

Hexi

Really. I also own a WISPR. There was mad bitching about that. Never had a problem with mine either. The complaints about having to clean the thing are idiotic. No device for consuming herb/oil/etc does not require cleaning for good taste, working properly etc.

It is no more problematic than any exalted device and it is a lot less problematic than some of the POS's that fall apart immediately. So there is that.

Like I said I don't really care if you don't like it I just don't think we should use this forum to scare folks away from an awesome product. I wasn't blaming users. I am just saying clean the fucking thing, lube it. Use it responsibly. And there is nothing dickish saying that the forum is filled with complaints. Take a look around bro. Read some of these threads any thread. I thought it was generally accepted that the rate of complaints in this forum doesn't equate to real life percentages. Far fewer people come here to praise their device than come here looking for help with a problem. Don't take it so personal.

Now excuse me while i take my small, stealthy, perfectly working Pax outside and get roasted.

Lulz, I'm not taking it personal, as I pointed out, I wasn't the person who said I 'hate it'. You attributed that to me, but it is incorrect.

I have an OG Iolite, and it bricked like so many other people experienced. That isn't a scare tactic, it's my experience with the iolite and it turns out there are many others with the same experience.

You were, and still are blaming the users, but you can't see it. "Use it responsibly" obviously implies that people who have an issue with the device are "irresponsible" and "not cleaning it". Both are assumptions based on no evidence or fact.

So yes, saying your pax broke, because you are an 'unclean, irresponsible complainer' is indeed very dickish. Nothing personal, as the more important item is that we can't dismiss user complaints about a product simply because we didn't have the same problem.

Someone mentioned why they hate the mouthpiece, you asked why, I gave some details. Then it started in with the "complainers" who "abuse" etc...

Hexi,

Shadowdjinni

A car charger! thats what ill try to design and print! i never designed anything before with solidworks so this will be a challenge. ill try to get the pax ploom logo printed in there too.i already have an extra base station and a car adapter so ill see what i can sketch up with that.
You DO know that Ploom just came out with a Car Charger, correct?

Shadowdjinni,

paxxed

im having a problem with my vape
turning it on i get the LED lights flashing blue like it is on stand by mode even tho i just turned it on
i then have to close the mouth piece and then try again one or two more times for the blue light to go away, and i also have to slightly hold the mouth piece down other wise it thinks the mouth piece is up and out for temp change.
anyone else experiencing the same kind of problem>

paxxed,

jasonlee

yeah def works in a pinch, people shouldnt think they need a grinder, once it dries up you can just crush it into dust anywhoo. Jason Lee? Are you a fan of his work or what :)

lol.. nope.. that's my name :) i was a fan of old school skater turned actor Jason Lee though :)

jasonlee,

natrat

im having a problem with my vape
turning it on i get the LED lights flashing blue like it is on stand by mode even tho i just turned it on
i then have to close the mouth piece and then try again one or two more times for the blue light to go away, and i also have to slightly hold the mouth piece down other wise it thinks the mouth piece is up and out for temp change.
anyone else experiencing the same kind of problem>

yea i had that, temp regulator or something, time to send it in

natrat,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I brought mine to a fest this week, had cleaned it spotless before I left home, 2 days into the fest the mouthpiece locked shut! (resin) I had cleaning kits with me, I gave it a quick pipe cleaning, and two sessions later it locked shut again. So, unfortunately, these are not great for fests. One other thing, the temp light issue kept coming up, I'd pass it to someone who wasn't aware of the issue, and they wouldn't get a hit. It sucked trying to explain to people the solution (pressing the mouthpiece away from the light) A lot of times I just stopped passing it because it was not working for anyone but me. I ended up switching to doobers and a glass piece by saturday and sunday. These are not at all ideal for fests unless you aren't a heavy smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom