Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHosa713

im not sure if this has been posted on here yet but i found somebody selling custom pax protective skins for like 3 skins for $10....pretty awesome heres the link ----- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pax-Vaporiz...690?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac3434942
$T2eC16JHJHUFFfhDpWd3BRymqWvuOQ~~60_57.JPG

Shadowdjinni

Does anyone have any lube problems (har har, yeah yeah)?

I find myself having to lube this thing up once, if not twice, each week. A few drops down the mouthpiece's stem, and then i rub a bit around the stem's outside. After, I pop it up and down to make sure it's all lubed up and down. I've done basically all Ploom's tutorial video and you guys on here have said to maintain the little LED light not from turning to the heat selection and not heating up.

Shadowdjinni,

DHosa713

I find myself having to lube this thing up once, if not twice, each week. A few drops down the mouthpiece's stem, and then i rub a bit around the stem's outside. After, I pop it up and down to make sure it's all lubed up and down. I've done basically all Ploom's tutorial video and you guys on here have said to maintain the little LED light not from turning to the heat selection and not heating up.

dont mean to sound like an ass or anything, i just cant help but to notice that you didnt say that you are cleaning the pax out before you put in the lube, you are cleaning out right?

DHosa713,

Shadowdjinni

dont mean to sound like an ass or anything, i just cant help but to notice that you didnt say that you are cleaning the pax out before you put in the lube, you are cleaning out right?

Yeah. I clean it once a week on Monday's, since that's my only day off weekly. I use it 3 times a day so the buildup that occurs warrants a full clean. Pipe cleaners dipped in 95% Iso (I run my fingers over it to get the excess Iso off) to scrub everything and then 00g grade steel wool to clean the screen. If I don't lube up the mouthpiece after doing a full clean, the mouthpiece stem never allows the device to register it heating up.

Also, does anyone have a problem with the battery life? When I first got it, 2nd week of May, it would last 3 sessions and sometimes even 4. Now it barely lasts 2 sessions and only 3 on occasion.

Shadowdjinni,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.

DHosa713

Yeah. I clean it once a week on Monday's, since that's my only day off weekly. I use it 3 times a day so the buildup that occurs warrants a full clean. Pipe cleaners dipped in 95% Iso (I run my fingers over it to get the excess Iso off) to scrub everything and then 00g grade steel wool to clean the screen. If I don't lube up the mouthpiece after doing a full clean, the mouthpiece stem never allows the device to register it heating up.

Also, does anyone have a problem with the battery life? When I first got it, 2nd week of May, it would last 3 sessions and sometimes even 4. Now it barely lasts 2 sessions and only 3 on occasion.

hmm well i clean mine out maybe every 2 to 3 weeks and lube it up, thats about how long it lasts me. I've also noticed that you said that if you dont lube it after cleaning that it doesnt register to heat up like it doesnt turn purple. Well that to me my friend sounds like you have an internal problem and should be sent in for inspection because if i clean my pax and dont lube it up, it will heat up with no problem for about 2 - 3 days thats all I can come up with, and i've had my pax since january of this year.

forgot about this question...when i first got my pax i kept it at one temp, that was medium, and sometimes i started it off with high temp, and i usually got out like 4 to 5 sessions... now i do the start off on low till it starts withering down which is about 5 - 6 minutes turn it off then i stir it up, then set it to medium, another 5 - 6 minutes of use or more, then stir and set to high. and with that method i get about 3 1/2 to 4 sessions still pretty good even though i make it heat up alot in one session which takes away from battery power faster, although every once in a while i find myself like what the hell? after a full charge i only got out like 2 1/2 sessions out the method i just explained, or maybe im just too baked to remember a past session lol

Davinci selling those covers on the side?...they kind of look like their skins for the Ascent...:)

Careful...after a few days they may self destruct...:o

yeah i was like that looks like the accent haha but it does say it doesnt leave a residue when you peel it off, so one test will see that ;)

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Three posts merged.

DHosa713,

ludwig

Glad to see you like the Pax!

two things that I picked up from reading your post, first using the lid to pack isn't a bad idea but it is plastic and has the potential to melt. I have been using a metal pen that I had laying around the house and it works superbly well. Second, I don't know how well concentrates will work in the Pax, just based on the fact that when heated they turn into liquid (and then vaporized) so the potential for a mess is at a premium there.

Thanks for the heads up with the oven, I might just pick up a stirrer tool or something to use instead but if stuck outdoors, it could be useful.

I think I have a friend wanting to try out the Pax and might have some wax to spare so might throw it down there and see how it turns out

ludwig,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
The oven lid is high temp plastic. The temp that the oven walls reach should not even come close to being able to melt the plastic of the oven lid.

The Pax handles hash well, but does not vape wax. The temperarures don't get high enough. If you use a bed of flowers it helps slightly, but you end up with flowers that are kind of soaked in wax. Pass on the wax and get some bubble hash.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: 2 Paces

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
im not sure if this has been posted on here yet but i found somebody selling custom pax protective skins for like 3 skins for $10....pretty awesome heres the link ----- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pax-Vaporiz...690?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac3434942

Speaking of wraps, I have noticed that when having a sesh with friends the Pax seems to heat up, almost to the point of too hot to touch. I was wondering if I wrapped some exhaust wrap (like what you find at the autoparts store, used to dissipate heat from the exhaust tube, in order not to burn you) would that do anything? I also think it would give the Pax a sweet look. If there is some interest in this I will try it later but I wanted to gauge the general Pax community's interest in it before I pulled the trigger.

ILoveCollege,

salivape

Did someone told us when does europe could enjoy pax?

On the ploom site there is mention of an investor who will distribute 'future tobacco products' (or something like that...) to Europe. It doesn't state clearly if that means the pax or other e cigs.

Edit: Here had a look at plooms website again..

"Is Ploom available outside of the US?
Pax is currently only available for purchase in the US and Canada; Pax is not currently available in the UK / Europe.

Ploom’s new generation tobacco products will be marketed and sold in select countries outside the United States by JTI, a leading international tobacco manufacturer that Ploom has formed a strategic partnership with."

salivape,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
The oven lid is high temp plastic. The temp that the oven walls reach should not even come close to being able to melt the plastic of the oven lid.

The Pax handles hash well, but does not vape wax. The temperarures don't get high enough. If you use a bed of flowers it helps slightly, but you end up with flowers that are kind of soaked in wax. Pass on the wax and get some bubble hash.

It will melt the lid, I promise. I only use the lid to crush it down now after its cooled a bit, (still use it when its hot) I melted my first lid to my first pax, it made a clear line on the lid up to where it was inserted.

Mr.Krinkle,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
It will melt the lid, I promise. I only use the lid to crush it down now after its cooled a bit, (still use it when its hot) I melted my first lid to my first pax, it made a clear line on the lid up to where it was inserted.

I didn't notice that someone had replied to that.. however I was speaking from experience when I said don't use the lid as mine is melted (slightly) on one side from doing this.

ILoveCollege,

Deadshort480

Weird. I use my lid exclusively for packing down my load and I do not have a single mark on my lid. Even when tamping down a load in a hot oven on high.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: Mr.Krinkle

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Weird. I use my lid exclusively for packing down my load and I do not have a single mark on my lid. Even when tamping down a load in a hot oven on high.

Mine melted first use, maybe they changed the lid material sense, or maybe I imagined it. :lol: My friend was with me and even commented that they should make a stainless lid or at least aluminum. I am almost tempted to go jam my lid in the oven now haha

Mr.Krinkle,

Deadshort480

Well, I will admit I don't just jam the lid in there. I just use the edge of the lid to tamp down the load. I guess I've just been lucky.

Deadshort480,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
$T2eC16JHJHUFFfhDpWd3BRymqWvuOQ~~60_57.JPG
weird they are exactly like the ascent
Davinci selling those covers on the side?...they kind of look like their skins for the Ascent...:)

Careful...after a few days they may self destruct...:o
I had the carbon fiber one and I took it off, It looks badass until you ultimately come to the acceptance that it is just a stupid sticker, and your pax has a really nice expensive finish on it, Id rather rock the blue pax. :)

Mr.Krinkle,
Reactions: TommydCat

2 Paces

Well, I will admit I don't just jam the lid in there. I just use the edge of the lid to tamp down the load. I guess I've just been lucky.

I do the same, never had it melt on me either.

If I'm out in the woods with no tools and the oven is too hot for my pinky I always use the lid.

2 Paces,

ludwig

Interesting, even if I run the Pax on high with the wax inside- maybe a bit longer between draws to let wax cook inside? I would throw the rolled up screen on top of the bowl to increase air flow to help the wax to vaporize better?

ludwig,

Doctor.Who

…wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
Does anyone know of a good belt case for the Pax? I was thinking a leather Mace/pepper spray holder would work.. anyone have one they can try and post?

Doctor.Who,

brewer

someone else posted this a while back, but vape and store the Pax with the oven down, especially when still hot... it helps keep the resin in the oven, if not gravity takes over and the resin travels down the unit to the mouth piece.... use a piece of stainless steel wool on top of your flowers and the steel wool and lid collect most of the resin for cleaning later...

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Does anyone know of a good belt case for the Pax? I was thinking a leather Mace/pepper spray holder would work.. anyone have one they can try and post?

knife sheaths work great, I have a few that fit perfectly. Benchmade standard sheaths work the most snug but theyre like 20 bucks, hardly worth it, and so do gerber knife sheaths, they fit but its bulky, less expensive too. I bought a knife around christmas time and it fit perfect so I didnt need to buy just a sheath.

andrewhoo

I thought I'd lost my mind spending $250 on a PAX when my ExtremeQ was perfect for me except it wasn't portable. I actually get better hits from the PAX!

Hexi

Loved the PAx in week 1. Week 3 had to get a replacement mouthpiece. I kept the thing clean, but it bricked. The mouthpiece (replacement) ended up getting stuck, despite it being clean. I've seen others with the exact same defect/issue.

It no longer charges either... so back to Ploom again for more troubleshooting/replacement perhaps.

yes I got the lube and lubed after cleaning.. that worked for a little while.

Hexi,

brewer

Loved the PAx in week 1. Week 3 had to get a replacement mouthpiece. I kept the thing clean, but it bricked. The mouthpiece (replacement) ended up getting stuck, despite it being clean. I've seen others with the exact same defect/issue.

It no longer charges either... so back to Ploom again for more troubleshooting/replacement perhaps.

yes I got the lube and lubed after cleaning.. that worked for a little while.

yeah they can be persnickety... But after figuring out the quirks and working around them, it's the nicest portable I have used by a significant margin. The charging issue has happened to two of mine. But the newest is going fine. The newest model seems less prone to problems, maybe they have changed some things or maybe I am just aware of how to avoid most issues...

That said, I don't care for the charging stand.. Wish it was just a regular, simple and universal type plug in to charge... perhaps a USB cable type would be best.... It's just a AA battery after all to charge..

brewer,
Reactions: grokit
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom