PAX Era by PAX Labs

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
what other types of extracts would you most closely compare its:

1. multi-dimensional effects aspect ?
2. texture/flow
3. Flavor level

besides the apropos term “rosin distillate” ?

It’s thicker than really terpy/runny liquid live, but it does move and it’s really clean; seems to flow enough to wick well and fill in its own air bubbles. The oil interestingly seems cleaner than any of the last live or cured resin cartridges I’ve tried, they’ve done a good job at removing unvaporizables.

Effects do remind me of rosin, full bodied, not a “shallow stone.” Even as a heavier vaporist I can get nice effects off them when out of the house without much trouble.

Flavor has a good sort of rosin depth to it, but none that I’ve tried yet are bursting with a crazy high terpene percentage like some of the liquid live resins. I think that helps the smoothness though by not being overly terpy.

It has a clean “essence” of the original flavor, that’s why I compare it to like a moonshine or whiskey or distillate. I’m pretty confident you lose flavor when they filter it this much cause I’ve had better tasting rosin carts with a richer color, but they weren’t as “clean” as these.

With the price being pretty similar to the better live resin carts I think it’s worth it. They really do hit, which in turn makes them last a little longer anyways and helps justify the pricing. Here’s the Jetty, wanna try the Pax soon.

B14-A601-F-8-DC0-4-CBE-9-B0-E-36-BE0-A166580.jpg

invertedisdead,

3dayphunk

I've been using the Era for a long time now. I swear it was like $4.20 plus shipping on their website at one point. I also have the Pro. I haven't tried the Life model but am assuming it's hi just like my non-pro model.

Anyways, I've found I strongly prefer the flavor of full spectrum pods as opposed to distillate. The full spectrum taste closer to flower to me, which I prefer. Though I do like the more stealth smell of the distillate pods for when I need to be discreet. The full spectrum pods tend to smell more like the flower too to me.

Jethro

On a whim I just got an ERA yesterday with a few live rosin carts, one blue dream sativa and one cherry Garcia indica. First impression is the quality of the stone is fantastic. Very potent and decent flavor. Will see how I like this thing moving forward. My favorite dispensary carries all the pods so that is good. They aren't cheap so I'll have to see how I like them over the 510 carts I've been getting.

AVENTUS

On a whim I just got an ERA yesterday with a few live rosin carts, one blue dream sativa and one cherry Garcia indica. First impression is the quality of the stone is fantastic. Very potent and decent flavor. Will see how I like this thing moving forward. My favorite dispensary carries all the pods so that is good. They aren't cheap so I'll have to see how I like them over the 510 carts I've been getting.
Def still rockin my ERA PRO’s on the lowest temp setting thru the iOS web app: 430’F. Haven’t found a better “hard ceiling” low temp pen sized system yet. It’s just a shame many states don’t have many extractor choices filling the pods.

Are you in a state with multiple extractors filling the pods ? Washington had some truly great Live Resin ones from Leafwerx/Full Spec (Super Lemon Haze, Blue Dream, Guava, Purple Dream, etc), Dabstract HTE live resin (Tangerine Queen, Orange Zkittlez, Peaches & Cream, etc)

As for the Pax in house pods, they’re not as good as the PNW live resins and live rosins, and none are skunky at all, a few are lightly gassy, but most are pleasantly flavored and very discreet for Live Rosins/decarbed-diamonds. Can’t recommend the black box disty pods. They have that disty aftertaste. And some light artificial candy flavors, amongst some real cannabis terps (lower concentration).

the best from their in-house pods are IMHO:

Blue Dream Sativa Live Rosin is the longest lasting “eyes open” alert creative sativa. Piney, fresh, wet-grassy, lightly fruity, flavor not as great as Leafwerx Blue Dream, but overall high is similar, creative and alert.

Amnesia Haze Live Rosin probably overall the most accurate “Haze” high & flavor of them all. Very lime/lemon/floral flavor.

Jack Herer Live Rosin also very good Sativa-leaning high and nice floral-herbal-limey-minty flavor.

Pineapple Express Live Rosin was good too, but not as great as Amnesia Haze, Blue Dream, or Jack. Creative high, but not long lasting.

Durban Poison is the best Sativa in their diamonds line, by far. Very floral, mango-ey, soapy, and fresh green flavor. Surprisingly strong Sativa high.

If you’re in Mass, the SnowCap limited edition Live Rosin was very floral, and very “damp evergreen forest” if you like that classic white widow / northern lights “clean green” type profile. Dreamy high.

California Orange & Lemon Cake Live Rosins, are also quite good for nice flavor on long lasting hybrid highs. Dutch Treat Live Rosin is another good hybrid, coming in just behind Cali O & Lemon Cake. Cali O doesn’t have a dominant orange flavor, like Dabstract’s Tangerine Queen or Orange Zkittlez, it’s lightly fruity/orange, but more basil-y/floral/green/lightly-zesty/fruity, in overall flavor. I would say Durban Poison diamonds is much more citrusy/mango-y than Cali O live Rosin. Lemon Cake, while pleasant, is not very lemony at all. Much more soft, vegetal/wet-grassy, with a sweet/woody/floral complex undertone, and only a hint of peely-lemon behind the soft plush main flavor.

Best Indica’s in the live Rosin line were Purple Afghani & Wi-Fi Mints. Both long lasting highs with complex full flower-like green/floral/herbal flavor. Least impressive indicas imho are white Truffles (boring slightly gassy/spicy sleepy high, and Tahoe rose (not much floral at all, just spicy & sleepy) Best Indica in the Diamonds line was Grandaddy Purple. GDP has a nice long lasting high, and complex flavor, that leans green/floral/lightly-fruity.

Not as big a fan of their Limonene/Caryophyllene dominant indicas and hybrids, like Mochi Cookies, Blueberry OG, Tahoe Rose, Guava Gelato, among these Blueberry OG & Guava Gelato have the best highs, and Rainbow Belts, Blue Lobster, & Grapefruit Haze have the fruitiest flavors. Laughy comfy highs, but not as long lasting as Purple Afghani, Wi-Fi Mints, or GDP diamonds.

Among the Diamonds line, that are Limonene/Caryophyllene dominant, wedding Cake, sunset Sherbert, cookies & Creme are all kinda meh. watermelon z diamonds is decent flavor (not to be confused with the trash black box watermelon Z disty). Strawberry Cough is the best amongst the Limonene/Caryophyllene dominant diamonds.

They’re not bad, I just prefer Myrcene and Terpinolene & ocimene dominant strains, over limonene/caryophylllene dominant stuff. I do like both limonene and Caryophyllene, but not when lacking sufficient myrcene/terpinolene/ocimene to accompany them at at least a 2/3rds level.

Which Pods do you plan to try next ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom