• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Orion Induction Heater

JamesTiberiousKirk

apparently it is all in the technique...
OrionDeactivationScrewdriver.gif

JamesTiberiousKirk,
Reactions: RobbIt

JamesTiberiousKirk

View attachment 7558
Anyone know how this message ends?
Dear Valued Customer,

Our electronics manufacturer has identified an issue with the battery system integrated into the v1 Orion’s that poses a potential hazard. Because we refuse to allow products that do not meet our quality standards to remain in use, we have decided to ask all purchasers of the Dynatec Orion to deactivate or return their devices immediately. We will be offering you the option of an exchange or refund. Your safety is our number one priority and we ask for your help in removing these devices from use.

We have exhaustively tested the v2 Orion and made several improvements, including:
  • Upgraded battery circuit to improve reliability and protection
  • Upgraded enclosure to help prevent chipping and cracking
  • Upgraded button to help prevent damage
Our simple return or replace process will fix you up in no time.

How the process works:
Follow this link to find instructions and complete the return information: Orion Buyback and Replacement Program
  • Choose from two disposal options
    1. Return the device to us for recycling
    2. Deactivate your device by destroying the USB port and recycling
  • Choose how we can make it up to you:

1. We can send you a new v2 Orion
    2. We can send you a refund for your Orion purchase total

Please note: If you did not receive an email on Wednesday, April 28th regarding your Orion replacement, you must fill out the form above to exchange your unit or get a refund. If you have reached out before, but did not return your unit to us, you must submit the above form. People that did get an Orion email on April 28th can disregard this email and page. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your continued support,
The DynaTec Team

Skinku

Lovely stuff, thanks.
Do you think the warranty starts again from the replacement date?
Don’t want to kill mine, we have been through a lot.

Skinku,
Reactions: Xclerk

swieder711

Version 2 is now on the Dynatec website.

Sikost

I thought the exchange program was priority, people who ordered on sunday already got the shipment notification, i was told a week ago my replacement was going to ship within 1-2 days, no news since then...after using an unsafe device for 7 months...after the Vong mess...now this...

RobbIt

Has anyone received V2? Do you like it? Have you seen any discounts ?

I have a Fluxer FlipV2, Flite and VHB Carbon. I love them all for different reasons. All have impressed me from a performance and quality perspective !!

KUDOS TO THE INNOVATIVE CRAFTSMAN AT FLUXER (Jeff) and VHB (Steve).

PS I received a 2021 Vong in mid April and a replacement last week from Dynavap. The wood is badly scarred on both so I’ve requested a third replacement.
As an aside, my 2020 Omni has a finish which puts to shame all three of the new 2021 models. Dynavap is a great company so I’m sure they will make it right, but the QC on the 2021s is not up to their usual QC standards compared to 2020.

Last edited:

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
PS I received a 2021 Vong in mid April and a replacement last week from Dynavap. The wood is badly scarred on both so I’ve requested a third replacement.
As an aside, my 2020 Omni has a finish which puts to shame all three of the new 2021 models. Dynavap is a great company so I’m sure they will make it right, but the QC on the 2021s is not up to their usual QC standards compared to 2020.

Would it help to treat the wood with some DynaWax or similar?

It is a bit unlucky maybe that it is probably not possible to change the wood of the newVonG. It is the first model where you cannot replace everything at home.
From what I heard on Troy's channel, there will be newVonGs with different wood and such. Maybe in autumn, who know?

Edit: This should more go into the Dynavap thread than the Orion...
And 3 VonGs for 1 is a bit much...

Last edited:

RobbIt

Would it help to treat the wood with some DynaWax or similar?

It is a bit unlucky maybe that it is probably not possible to change the wood of the newVonG. It is the first model where you cannot replace everything at home.
From what I heard on Troy's channel, there will be newVonGs with different wood and such. Maybe in autumn, who know?

Edit: This should more go into the Dynavap thread than the Orion...
And 3 VonGs for 1 is a bit much...
No, the scarring won’t be helped much by Dynavap. Whatever it is, they shouldn’t have been shipped that way. I’m sure they’ll make it right.

Majordude2626

I bought my Orion from PIU, and they are in stasis trying to figure things out. I reached out to DynaVap on the return and replace, but have not heard anything. Mine still works, but has cracking. I’m kinda of lazy and might just deal with it. Kinda burnt out on getting updates, and the trickle of info. The thought of finding a box, packing it up, dealing with shipping hassle, I’m done. I’m just gonna buy the v2 or a different IH, when I think I need it. Now if they sent the box, and just had me pack it up and drop off at post office I’d deal with it. Quite frankly the thought having to ship it off and wait for them to get my return, process the replacement and ship it off to me, sounds like about 3 to 4 weeks of highly annoyance. I’ll be interested into what type of return time people are getting with the process. 2 weeks, and I’m pretty cool, anything more and I’m getting saltier by the day. I really like the Orion and might just rock it to the wheels fall off.

Majordude2626,

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
I bought my Orion from PIU, and they are in stasis trying to figure things out. I reached out to DynaVap on the return and replace, but have not heard anything. Mine still works, but has cracking. I’m kinda of lazy and might just deal with it. Kinda burnt out on getting updates, and the trickle of info. The thought of finding a box, packing it up, dealing with shipping hassle, I’m done. I’m just gonna buy the v2 or a different IH, when I think I need it. Now if they sent the box, and just had me pack it up and drop off at post office I’d deal with it. Quite frankly the thought having to ship it off and wait for them to get my return, process the replacement and ship it off to me, sounds like about 3 to 4 weeks of highly annoyance. I’ll be interested into what type of return time people are getting with the process. 2 weeks, and I’m pretty cool, anything more and I’m getting saltier by the day. I really like the Orion and might just rock it to the wheels fall off.
they have an option where you don't have to return the original. you do have to "deactivate" it by damaging the USB port and providing a picture. Apparently the gen1 is a fire hazard from their email, or that's how i took it. I'd highly suggest having it replaced.

Majordude2626

they have an option where you don't have to return the original. you do have to "deactivate" it by damaging the USB port and providing a picture. Apparently the gen1 is a fire hazard from their email, or that's how i took it. I'd highly suggest having it replaced.
Well if it is that much of a hazard , I’d think they would make responding to the form they ask you to fill out in regards to this matter a priority. I’ve contacted both PIU a d DynaVap, and have not heard a peep. If they are not pressed them neither am I. Also I never received that email.

Majordude2626,

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
Well if it is that much of a hazard , I’d think they would make responding to the form they ask you to fill out in regards to this matter a priority. I’ve contacted both PIU a d DynaVap, and have not heard a peep. If they are not pressed them neither am I. Also I never received that email.
I never received the email either, I also ordered from PIU. Definitely getting mine swapped, I’ve seen enough stuff with LiIons catch fire for one lifetime.

Majordude2626

I never received the email either, I also ordered from PIU. Definitely getting mine swapped, I’ve seen enough stuff with LiIons catch fire for one lifetime.
Let me know when you hear something. I’ve got crickets on their end. I’d be happy to destroy if I new one in hand, hell I’d even give them cc info to charge me if they don’t receive return or proof of destruction in a timely manner.

icecream

I have been playing with my V2 for half a week now. I know some people shame the plastic casing, but I love the plastic casing because it makes the Orion very light so it doesn't feel too heavy in the pocket. I can toss it in my jacket pocket and forget it is there, and that is true portability. Weight: 149g

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
So after less than a week from my Destroy and Replace request, I've just received a notification from DHL about the shipment of the new Orion with the request of my data for customs clearance.
It should be here at the end of next week... :party:

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I have been playing with my V2 for half a week now. I know some people shame the plastic casing, but I love the plastic casing because it makes the Orion very light so it doesn't feel too heavy in the pocket. I can toss it in my jacket pocket and forget it is there, and that is true portability. Weight: 149g
I also like that it is so small and light. It fits my pocket.
I got a cool black textured sticker with it, so I won't see the cracks if they should appear.
The first day I blew big clouds, the second day it seemed wispier. Maybe it is because of a different glass piece I was using.
My Orion doesn't indicate low batteries with a red light. It just dies in mid action.
It is ok, I just was wondering if it is a normal behaviour of the Orion V2.
Maybe it calibrates itself after a couple of charges.

Sikost

Yes this is very annoying, also the new three secondes delay when you switch it on, The longer time to detect the cap, the heating that just seems to work around the tip....After 7 months using intensively the V1 i have a hard time feeling like i have a better version in hand...

Skinku

A days use and further grumbling...

You can’t use it whilst charging now, boo.
I'm sure my former USB socket provided a better deeper fixing as well, it feels cheaper.
It feels slightly more sluggish, is the auto activation delay increased?
It goes blue quicker and this worried me and upon further Reddit trawling found this from thefutzer on Reddit:

Hi, Dynatec replied to my email and said they’d take care of me but to try charging for a few hours past the green
“In an effort to extend the overall battery life, we adjusted the thresholds of when the status LED turns green during charging and blue during use. This helps encourage users to keep the battery in a healthy state of charge, instead of 100% charging every time.... On average, we expect people to see about 25 clicks until blue and 40 clicks until dead...And yes, the green battery light will come on when you are about 80% charged and the blue light when about 20% charge remains.”

The magnet is bound to crack the case again I don’t see how it can last the warranty.
Not much choice in the UK so I’ll keep it and I now have a spare case.
Bring on the Sense.

Yes this is very annoying, also the new three secondes delay when you switch it on, The longer time to detect the cap, the heating that just seems to work around the tip....After 7 months using intensively the V1 i have a hard time feeling like i have a better version in hand...
Ooh synchronous postings...
It isn’t as good is it?

icecream

On my v2 the light blinks so fast that I can't count it like the old model, that was one of the things I liked for the sake of fuck.
Annoyed.
I never owned the v1, but over video chat I have compared the blink speed between my v2 and and the v1 that @MonsterWithoutBorders owns. His v1 does appear to blink slower than my v2. It is interesting to hear that your v1 blinks slower than your v2 as well.

With time/practice you will get better at counting the fast blink speed of the v2, at least I know I did.

Skinku

Sorry but after medicating I can’t follow the speed of the blinks.
Just double checked before posting and can confirm the v2 is 8 blinks past before potential combustion compared to 5 for the v1.
160% faster and for my aging brain too tiring.
Why did they have to change it?
*blubs*
The strength of the heater feels about the same for the record.

icecream

Just double checked before posting and can confirm the v2 is 8 blinks past before potential combustion
When using a vapcap M with a SS tip, about 8 blinks past the click before potential combustion with the v2 is what I have been getting too. I like to go dark in my Dynavap, so when using an M with a SS tip and the v2 I heat it for 8 blinks past the click for the first heat cycle, and then 6 blinks past the click for the other heat cycles. However, I prefer using my Gentleman's Pipe (Old Head) with a Ti tip when using the Orion v2 because I only wait one second after the click to get thick vapor even on the first hit if I start my hit while it is heating.

Last edited:
Top Bottom