Discontinued Old City Diffusers

IAmKrazy2 said:
OCD, not sure if you noticed an email from from me or not, it hasn't even been 24hrs yet, and it is the weekend so i wouldn't expect a response for several more days. That being said, as soon as i got home from work today i checked my email, then daydreamed about the Old City for a second. I really like the concept, and am looking forward to getting one. Originally thought i would wait for a review or video, but i just love how this thing looks and love the little glass stems. kudos and good luck.

Sigh I hate being a vapor junkie. Always new ways to improve what I do.... :2c:

biojuggernaut,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
variety is the spice of life, and i like the hardwood vapes as showcase pieces. no two are the same, and it is a fine eco option to vape from. I consider myself a vaporizer collector, and i know the Old City and VXC won't be my last two, probably just my next two.... cheers!

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

IAmKrazy2 said:
variety is the spice of life, and i like the hardwood vapes as showcase pieces. no two are the same, and it is a fine eco option to vape from. I consider myself a vaporizer collector, and i know the Old City and VXC won't be my last two, probably just my next two.... cheers!

Krazy's in touch with his inner-self. ;)

Well, if I have to say so myself, this little vape is gettin' some nice attention here.

lwien,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@ Iwien Just looked at your sig Iwien, never knew you had a Zephyr at some point. I have considered getting one several times, and still might some day. But i almost never use bags, and would probably only fire it up once in a blue moon when i have several inexperienced vaporists at the house. That being said, you know no matter how many vapes you try, the PD will always get its work. Daily driver. Although my VHW and S have been seeing daily use in the last 6 months or so too. Conservative herb use, hasn't been a priority and i think this even further fueled my desire for more vaporizers, and not just more PD's. :D

@ Iwien again, you jumping on the band wagon? Didn't notice any criticism by you to Old City but i could have missed it. Skimmed the thread only and didn't notice much from you. Must be due to the organized opening post and good grammar and spelling. Maybe you also are intrigued by the product?? I am waiting patiently for an observation that i didn't make, whether positive or negative.

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

IAmKrazy2 said:
@ Iwien again, you jumping on the band wagon? Didn't notice any criticism by you to Old City but i could have missed it. Skimmed the thread only and didn't notice much from you. Must be due to the organized opening post and good grammar and spelling. Maybe you also are intrigued by the product?? I am waiting patiently for an observation that i didn't make, whether positive or negative.

Yeah, the introduction along with the presentation was top-notch.

Nothing really to critisize.............yet. ;) Gotta get some of these in the hands of our members here for some reviews, but my initial impression is pretty much aligned with the others here.

If the product turn out to be as good as the presentation was, we got ourselves a winner and it'll cut out a nice niche for itself in the vape market.

Just goes to show ya how important presentation can be, eh?

lwien,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@ Old City. Good start, presentation really is everything. Just wondering, were you a previous FC member here? I know you can't have two accounts, but have you had one here previously before being a manufacturer? Just lurking and reading?? What vaporizers have you used previously? Did these help inspire concepts/ideas for the Old City?

Most important, any comment on taste while using the OCD vs other methods of vaping you have tried? Thanks.

mod note: Both a business user name (vape maker or reseller) and a personal one, are allowed, as long FC management knows about it beforehand, and the posting rules for businesses are strictly obeyed. The only two acct. person we have is stonemonkey55, who has made a few posts with the VapeXhale name, which has also been used by Jeff/Robot.

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

Old City Diffusers said:
I'm not telling you what will happen but what might happen with any wood or "log vaporizer". I imagine most people won't go above the recommended vapor temps otherwise you would be smoking. But there is a certian give and take with design, the quicker heat up time (using 25 watts) of my units also allows for higher final heat temperatures but you as the user can adjust accordingly.

Which brings up a question, Wes. I know that in previous posts, you have stated that your vape shouldn't be left on 24/7, and I would imagine that one of the reasons why you state this is because it has a variable temp and that it can run quite a bit hotter than a typical log-type vape, although you did state that in your opinion, no vape should be left on 24/7.

Ok, so we have a vape encased in wood that can reach combustion temps but it has a ceramic lining that is supposed to contain the heat. We also know that this product is going to be used by people that may just be a bit forgetful, and not turn it off at night and it may be at full temp.

Have you done in-house testing of leaving your unit on 24/7 at max temp settings for a few days to see what would happen? I guess the question, is, is does it become too hot to hold and/or does it cause any smoke coming from the inside of the vape?

Considering how you are approaching this whole thing, Wes, I'm going to assume that you have already done this testing, but considering the safety concerns here, I thought I'd ask anyway.

(there ya go, Krazy. )

lwien,

hereatlast

Good question, I'm curious about that too lwien.

I think I'm gonna pick one of these up in the next month or so and play one of the guinea pigs for the community. A log-type vape that can get a little hotter when you want is certainly a niche that seems worthy of filling.

I agree with you IAmKrazy, although I'm still 'vape shopping' I know that nothing can and will replace my PD's, no matter what I'll always have one electric outlet taken 24/7 ;) .

Especially with different quality materials I sometimes want to crank the temp up a little to be able to get a nice hit through the bubbler; a log-type vape that offers this is pretty cool IMO. That said, I'm not a fan of being able to combust but it seems avoiding that is easy and intuitive. I'm not as concerned about the wait-time as this wouldn't be my only vape, though I'm interested to hear about leaving the OCD on for extended periods of time like lwien.

Looking forward to more about this vape.

hereatlast,

Mako

This looks like it really could be great. I love the idea, it's similar to other log vapes, but still very much different, and original. It's great that more and more different style vaporizers keep being brought to the market.

Mako,

fidget

When you want a UK beta tester OCD let me know.
I'm happy to pay for the unit.

fidget,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
it has a ceramic lining that is supposed to contain the heat

in my experience, although ceramic itself is safe up to 1800F, it is not an insulator -- it will get hot and transmit that heat to anything it is in contact with.

Hippie Dickie,

lwien

Hippie Dickie said:
in my experience, although ceramic itself is safe up to 1800F, it is not an insulator -- it will get hot and transmit that heat to anything it is in contact with.

He calls it a ceramic insulator, HD. Considering the high temps that this vape is capable of within a wooden body, I think we need some clarification here.

lwien,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I see HD's point here. Ceramic radiates heat, so how can it act as an insulator? I'm sure OCD can clarify.

Stu,

spentskeeper

I really want to try it. when is it available? I love my PD but how can I not try this OCD. i HAVE NO SELF CONTROL

spentskeeper,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Beezleb said:
search these terms "ceramic insulator"

thanks for that suggestion ... i had not considered that some ceramics have very low thermal conductivity ... just never ran into them ... my bad.

Hippie Dickie,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
lwien said:
Old City Diffusers said:
I'm not telling you what will happen but what might happen with any wood or "log vaporizer". I imagine most people won't go above the recommended vapor temps otherwise you would be smoking. But there is a certian give and take with design, the quicker heat up time (using 25 watts) of my units also allows for higher final heat temperatures but you as the user can adjust accordingly.

Which brings up a question, Wes. I know that in previous posts, you have stated that your vape shouldn't be left on 24/7, and I would imagine that one of the reasons why you state this is because it has a variable temp and that it can run quite a bit hotter than a typical log-type vape, although you did state that in your opinion, no vape should be left on 24/7.

Ok, so we have a vape encased in wood that can reach combustion temps but it has a ceramic lining that is supposed to contain the heat. We also know that this product is going to be used by people that may just be a bit forgetful, and not turn it off at night and it may be at full temp.

Have you done in-house testing of leaving your unit on 24/7 at max temp settings for a few days to see what would happen? I guess the question, is, is does it become too hot to hold and/or does it cause any smoke coming from the inside of the vape?

Considering how you are approaching this whole thing, Wes, I'm going to assume that you have already done this testing, but considering the safety concerns here, I thought I'd ask anyway.

(there ya go, Krazy. )

Yes, I have left it on full power for a few days and never noticed any smoke. The body does get a bit warm when left on that long, but that was what I assumed would happen. I will also do a test on one at 1/2 or 1/3 power for 24/7. Although I do not suggest it, I do realize its easy to become absent-minded when vaporizing and leave it on. This test was done with my cherry units, as each species is released or passes the test, I'll offer them. Due to the moisture content, sap or taste, and density of wood - it is more of a process of picking out species rather then basing it merely on aesthetic value. It was a long process trying to find a balance between wattage, mass of heater and heat exchanger, and heat up time, (as well as final heat temperatures), which is a definite give-and-take when it comes to designing something without a microprocessor or some other kind of thermostat controlled device.

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
Ash057 said:
I would pay extra for a 10 foot cord. Could this be an option?

yes, it could - Just shoot me an email - and we can always work something out. I have a large section of the cords precut and prewired for installation. But I have some left over in bulk just in case.

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
spentskeeper said:
I really want to try it. when is it available? I love my PD but how can I not try this OCD. i HAVE NO SELF CONTROL

Site up: December 20th at latest - that should be when i'll feel like I can finally have time to work on the site.

nothing wrong with a little OCD...

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
lwien said:
Thank you for the response on that Wes. Much appreciated.

No problem, I appreciate you being the... thread antagonist - your rhetoric is helpful. I hope I'm answering the questions to the extent you wanted. If not just let me know.

Old City Diffusers,

lwien

Old City Diffusers said:
lwien said:
Thank you for the response on that Wes. Much appreciated.

No problem, I appreciate you being the... thread antagonist - your rhetoric is helpful. I hope I'm answering the questions to the extent you wanted. If not just let me know.

rhetoric |?ret?rik|
noun
-----
language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but is often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content......
-----

Lacking sincerity and meaningful content?

Sorry if I come across that way, but that is not my intent. I really do try to have my content meaningful and have it come off as sincere. I try to be as objective as I possibly can. If it was truly rhetoric, I don't think it would be very helpful.

But yes, you have answered everyone's questions here and I can tell you that it is appreciated by all.

lwien,

Mako

I don't think that's how he meant it at all, rather he appreciates the constructive discourse :D

Mako,
Top Bottom