O'Connell Woodworks Vaporizers

kushkush

happy camper....
I haven't seen their upload. I don't know what Geotagging is so it shouldn't bother me....ha I'll go take a look. Thanks!

I will bet you a hundred billion dollars I have a NC. Okay? Lol

:leaf:

kushkush,

Vaporware

I haven't seen their upload. I don't know what Geotagging is so it shouldn't bother me....ha I'll go take a look. Thanks!

I will bet you a hundred billion dollars I have a NC. Okay? Lol

For a hundred billion I’d find someone to borrow your NC long enough to win the bet!:rofl:

Geotagging is marking your location. If it’s taken from your IP address it’ll show where your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is, which is probably in/near your city unless you use a Virtual Private Network (VPN), Proxy or something else to disguise your IP.

If it's taken from the image’s metadata and the phone/camera you took the picture with has GPS it’ll probably show exactly where you took the picture.

There are tools (some online) to strip that kind of metadata before uploading, and your IP is already not much of a secret unless you’re trying to hide it, but if you live somewhere that cannabis is still illegal it’s good to be aware of these kinds of things.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Haha better have you write your user name next to it just to be sure lol. I'm pretty pumped to see it you've been trying for a bit now

iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: kushkush

vapmate

I've got an order in for one of the Noisy Crickets. Super excited to put it to some serious use :science:

Does anybody have experience with the current shipping wait time from O'Connell? The website says they are experiencing high demand and obviously coronavirus slows things down.

Cheers.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I've got an order in for one of the Noisy Crickets. Super excited to put it to some serious use :science:

Does anybody have experience with the current shipping wait time from O'Connell? The website says they are experiencing high demand and obviously coronavirus slows things down.

Cheers.
@O'Connell Woodworks Vapes is good stuff man. Easy to talk to and good products

kushkush

happy camper....
You've got a lot to look forward to, @vapmate! The J-hook in my pic looks big but it's not, it's actually very small. I've orderd 2 more even smaller ones that I'm anxious to get. Also, a small straight bubbler works well. Well anyhoo, let us know when you receive yours and tell us all about it. :D

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I recieved tracking for my new noisy cricket. It should have improvements from the first one. I believe the mp will be more snug, the wood that keeps the mp from going into far should be thicker, and mine had a gap between both wood pieces that i believe was pulling in cool air so i was using a silicone band from my pax 3 wpa to put around middle. He was easy to talk to and very good customer service id sudgest him to any person looking for butane powered.20200714_184107.jpg

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
20200728_193514.jpg20200728_191121.jpg
My noisy cricket will be here Saturday, which is 3 weeks from delivery date. However I chose a special wood that he didn’t have in stock (Maple burl). I am beyond excited.
Lets see that bad boy.
I recieved my replacement body a couple days ago. Its awesome, my mp is nice snug. I have no more extra air flow through the woods seam. The wood is thicker where the mp rest against. I also believe the bottom o-ring is sunk in a tad bit deeper which is nice that it wont wiggle out easier and the magnets look a lot more clean @O'Connell Woodworks Vapes really knocked it out of the park with all these modifications hes made. He has some awesome customer service, easy guy to talk to. My next butane powered I buy will definately be through him.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I wasn't impressed with the wood on my Doug's Woodery Nova to be honest. The wood has cracking that I was not informed of before purchase otherwise I definitely would not have gone with that species. My SBL Pink Ivory on the other hand is gorgeous.

I do not regret my OHV one bit. The purple heart/spalted hackberry combo (the same one you like) looks fantastic and is very easy to use. It's a bit bigger than the Runt and the glass has a smaller diameter (not thin) but the addition of magnets, the built in stir/tamp tool which can lock everything into place, the option for custom engraving and the general rigidity of the design feel great. As soon as I saw that combo I knew I needed to add one to my collection. Awesome awesome device!
@MikeRotchHertz

kushkush

happy camper....
Can someone tell me how you take out the herb screen from the Noisy Cricket and put it back in without ruining it? I'd like to give it an alcohol bath. Thanks

kushkush,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Can someone tell me how you take out the herb screen from the Noisy Cricket and put it back in without ruining it? I'd like to give it an alcohol bath. Thanks

I just push out from bottom.? Easy breezy.

iDRINKBLEACH,

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker

Try to push it out with something that's wide and flat. Less chance to break it than with a pick, with a pick you can break thru the screen. I just looked at my Noisy Cricket and I understand why you ask that question,there's not a lot of space to work with. Normally I would use the wood handle from a Strorz and Bickel brush to push but it wont fit in this case. Try to find something similar that fill fit and go slow.

kushkush

happy camper....
Thanks for your help!

I can find something to push it out with but how do you guys get it back in? Do you push it in from the bottom? Is there a ridge in there that it should slide into?

kushkush,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Thanks for your help!

I can find something to push it out with but how do you guys get it back in? Do you push it in from the bottom? Is there a ridge in there that it should slide into?
It just sits on a little wood ledge I believe. Real easy to take in and out. I use the round end of a poker to poke out from bottom and just push it back in from top.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Thanks for your help!

It's the same process to push the screen back in but now you have more space to work so use something that is bigger to push. I think that the pick on the Noisy Cricket will work, just push the screen with the round wood part of the pick, it fits in the oven so you should be able to push evenly on the screen, if it's not to your liking just take it out and replace it. Just push slow and steady and it should be easy.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I've been rockin' my O'Connell every day. I usually use the Inception Stem because it's just that good. I vape downstairs in the basement which is drafty. It has a cement floor. I decided to use my over-priced budget glass j hook and beaker, so I set the Stem aside. I started cleaning up when I heard a bright smash right at my feet. My Inception Stem flew to the unforgiving and moist concrete floor so fast I didn't even understand what had just happened. It's broken. But only mouthpiece half of the outer part of the stem. The inner stem is still intact and they are stuck together despite half of the outer stem being broken off.
It shattered so loud.
My heart skipped a beat.
I swept the floor with my head hung low.
That Stem was a beast. It was sturdy and awesome and effective.
All I have left now are store-bought cheapo vanwinkle glass that's gonna break when I look at it wrong one of these days.

That Stem deserved better. I miss ya, old buddy. The other glass pieces will join you in glass heaven soon.

kushkush

happy camper....
I've been rockin' my O'Connell every day. I usually use the Inception Stem because it's just that good. I vape downstairs in the basement which is drafty. It has a cement floor. I decided to use my over-priced budget glass j hook and beaker, so I set the Stem aside. I started cleaning up when I heard a bright smash right at my feet. My Inception Stem flew to the unforgiving and moist concrete floor so fast I didn't even understand what had just happened. It's broken. But only mouthpiece half of the outer part of the stem. The inner stem is still intact and they are stuck together despite half of the outer stem being broken off.
It shattered so loud.
My heart skipped a beat.
I swept the floor with my head hung low.
That Stem was a beast. It was sturdy and awesome and effective.
All I have left now are store-bought cheapo vanwinkle glass that's gonna break when I look at it wrong one of these days.

That Stem deserved better. I miss ya, old buddy. The other glass pieces will join you in glass heaven soon.
Oh so sorry, @Diggy Smalls :huh:

I wish there was a nice substitute for glass, something unbreakable and see-through. Let me know if that happens.

kushkush,
Top Bottom