ModPod Labs StemPod Si

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Also I am loving the SI because no need for an o-ring and fits so snug and nice. Super satisfied awesome vape...
Don't forget that it's relatively unbreakable, light weight, doesn't retain heat as bad and is extremely cost effective!

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I got a tapered stem with my SI.

Anyone use this with tubing to make a whip? What size would i need?

oddjobold,

lordtinuviel

Got my stempod SI today and I’m using a P80 with arctic fox firmware using wattage mode....if I go into settings what type of coil do I need to select? Or should I load the stock P80 firmware? Thanks

lordtinuviel,

SpaceManWalking

Got my stempod SI today and I’m using a P80 with arctic fox firmware using wattage mode....if I go into settings what type of coil do I need to select? Or should I load the stock P80 firmware? Thanks

The stock kanthal coils that come with the Si only work in wattage mode so you don't need to pick a coil type. Just the normal wattage mode in Arctic Fox will work.

Quick Review: I have been using the Stempod Si for about a month now and it has been working great. The stock kanthal coils worked well in wattage mode right out of the box. I had no intention of using TC because it seemed complicated and wattage mode worked great.

After a week or so, I picked up some Clapton coils from ModPod and took a shot at TC to see if I could get it to work. I was able to get it working pretty easily using TCR on a Wismec Gen3 Dual, Eleaf Pico, and Wismec P80 using Arctic Fox. The only previous 510 or mod experience I had was from using a TAF Sai in wattage mode. I also made my own coils out of 26g Clapton wire which I have been using for a couple weeks now and they are working well. This was the first time I have ever made coils. Getting TC to work was a lot easier than it seems from just reading about it. It becomes much clearer once you have the vape in your hands and see how it works.

Overall, this vape is working great for me with no issues so far.

SpaceManWalking,

Coustu

Just getting into .510 dry herb vapes and excited about what’s available. Pulled the trigger on splinter v2 and z cause they were on sale for $99 but then read that the Stempod takes s&b capsules which for me is a game changer. That in itself would have changed my mind if I’d known. Splinter hasn’t even come and I’m already about to order Stempod. Just on the fence about OG or SI. My questions are:
Does si really retain less heat than OG? I saw someone mention that in a post on here but hadn’t heard anyone else mention it but that would be a plus.
How is performance with s&b capsules? Does both OG and si allow for this?
How about Evo baskets? I use both with mighty and Evo so it only makes sense to get a 510 device that uses them too. It seems to me that s&b caps would sit closer to the heater and work better. Other thoughts?

Coustu,

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
I barely get more than 1 bowl with a single 18650 battery. Is this right?

It functions great other than that

Raskin666,

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
try another battery
if it is still the case, try another mod for testing
This is the case with all 8 Samsung batteries I've used.
At 43 watts or so with a DNA75 Solare box mode, after about 1 bowl the amperage drops and then the wattage falls.
I will have to try another box mod

Raskin666,
Reactions: GoldenBud

SpaceManWalking

Whoaaaa that's so much more! I wonder why that is. Any insight?

I use temperature control mode with about 10 second draws and have never had an issues with battery life. I get about double the amount of draws on a 2 battery mod (gen 3 dual) so trying a different mod may help narrow where the problem is.

SpaceManWalking,

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
I use temperature control mode with about 10 second draws and have never had an issues with battery life. I get about double the amount of draws on a 2 battery mod (gen 3 dual) so trying a different mod may help narrow where the problem is.

Yeah that's nuts. I get about 8 big draws and then the amperage falls and the wattage falls.
I don't have another box Mod, I bought this one to use with the Stempod.
It works fine with my iHeat and anything else I've used with it.
@supershredderdan what could explain these issues?
I really like the StemPod SI, but it's a lot to change the battery after every single bowl.
Thanks for everyone's input.

Raskin666,

sickmanfraud

Yeah that's nuts. I get about 8 big draws and then the amperage falls and the wattage falls.
I don't have another box Mod, I bought this one to use with the Stempod.
It works fine with my iHeat and anything else I've used with it.
@supershredderdan what could explain these issues?
I really like the StemPod SI, but it's a lot to change the battery after every single bowl.
Thanks for everyone's input.

How efficient is the mod with the iheat?

sickmanfraud,

GoldenBud

If it's not a mod/battery case, it's the base of the stempod. hmmm. try maybe to screw the coils better @Raskin666 ? you got his screwdriver right?
the base looks all ok?

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

Everything looks fine, coila glow, screws secure.
while you press fire, what's happening? all seems as usual? what is temp? wattage? which coils? the kenthal right?

for me, it looks like there's a problem with the base. air path is opened abit right?

GoldenBud,

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
Running wattage only, 43W
Stock kanthal coils
Everything appears normal on the box Mod.
.20-.22 ohms
14.1a

I'm gonna put it through some testing with a finite pool of batteries and see what's up with those. I also cleaned the battery connections.

Raskin666,
Top Bottom