ModPod Labs StemPod Si

BakedDiogenes

I was using my Si upside down the other day and one of the deck posts shorted against heater screen. Took it apart and noticed one of the posts (the one that sits in some sort of white insulator) is loose.

Am I missing a screw in the center of the deck or are the posts directly machined from the deck?

BakedDiogenes,

Gdash

Don't want to take my coils apart to confirm but I believe the 510 screw at the bottom tightens that specific post.

Edit: Unscrewed the bottom 510 pin a little and immediately noticed a wobble on the post. Screwed it back and all good. No additional screws other than the bottom 510 pin.

Gdash,
Reactions: BigJr48

BakedDiogenes

Don't want to take my coils apart to confirm but I believe the 510 screw at the bottom tightens that specific post.

Edit: Unscrewed the bottom 510 pin a little and immediately noticed a wobble on the post. Screwed it back and all good. No additional screws other than the bottom 510 pin.

I’ll try that. Thanks

BakedDiogenes,

Gdash

Ordered a spare build deck and stealthy stem 02/18, and haven't received a shipping email. Sent them an email earlier today and hoping for a response soon. Don't recall the shipping being this delayed with my first purchase.

Gdash,

David Root

Ordered thursday2-24 nuttin yet, cept they took my $.

I have an 18-18, basket screens, Good batteries.....
18 J hook
Dosing capsules once I figure out how to use them.

I ordered the sealth stem but it did not go through.
I don't think....
David Checking my card.

Last edited:
David Root,

Nahojii

Is the Stempod OG discontinued or will it return/restock? I really want to buy one, but I also want nothing but glass or SS/Ti in the vapor-path. So for mi the Stempod Si is 100% a no go.

Nahojii,

BigJr48

Is the Stempod OG discontinued or will it return/restock? I really want to buy one, but I also want nothing but glass or SS/Ti in the vapor-path. So for mi the Stempod Si is 100% a no go.
What's wrong with the Sí?

BigJr48,
Reactions: hoptimum

simba

@weedanwine
Been wondering the same tbh, luckily already have one but know other people that want an OG too.

simba,

Reez79

Anyone around. Just bought a used stempod si but screen keep popping out of short stem. How do I fix that?

Reez79,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Anyone around. Just bought a used stempod si but screen keep popping out of short stem. How do I fix that?
Forgot what the screen setup is like. Is it like a dome basket screen that wedges in the tip of the stem?

If so, just pinch it by the bottom corners of the screen and pull outwards or roll ur fingers outwards. Just form the basket to have some extended corners, or just get something pokey (not too sharp), and just push against the walls of the screen outwards. This will make it thicker so it stays in.

AJS,

Reez79

Forgot what the screen setup is like. Is it like a dome basket screen that wedges in the tip of the stem?

If so, just pinch it by the bottom corners of the screen and pull outwards or roll ur fingers outwards. Just form the basket to have some extended corners, or just get something pokey (not too sharp), and just push against the walls of the screen outwards. This will make it thicker so it stays in.
Yes this one right here. I included the pic. Am I putting it in the right way? Which part are you saying to pinch? The extra screens he included are all flat unlike the one in the pic

Reez79,

AJS

Calm Consistency
@Reez79
Ah ok!

Those screens are slightly different from the ones I use, but same concept.

I'm referring to the base of the screen. So the right side of the screen in the picture presented, closest to the blue stem. The part that goes into the stem first. (you are putting it in correctly)

Try pinching a corner of the base and the wall, where those meet.
Basically, you're just trying to expand the base a little bit so it's wider and sits in better. So you'll do it to one edge and slightly deform it just a tad so it stick out a little further, and then do it to another side.

That way, the base should then be wide enough to slip thru that initial gap in the stem and then get caught so it doesn't fall out.

If that doesn't work, you can get something like a small tool, go inside the screen, and press against the screen inner side walls outwards. This will make the screen itself wider at the walls, and will help it to sit in the stem.

Edit to add screenshot:

So you can either pinch along the blue line and try to pull that out.

Or find something to press along the red lines (the walls of the screen), but from the inside of the screen outwards.

Last edited:

Reez79

@Reez79
Ah ok!

Those screens are slightly different from the ones I use, but same concept.

I'm referring to the base of the screen. So the right side of the screen in the picture presented, closest to the blue stem. The part that goes into the stem first. (you are putting it in correctly)

Try pinching a corner of the base and the wall, where those meet.
Basically, you're just trying to expand the base a little bit so it's wider and sits in better. So you'll do it to one edge and slightly deform it just a tad so it stick out a little further, and then do it to another side.

That way, the base should then be wide enough to slip thru that initial gap in the stem and then get caught so it doesn't fall out.

If that doesn't work, you can get something like a small tool, go inside the screen, and press against the screen inner side walls outwards. This will make the screen itself wider at the walls, and will help it to sit in the stem.

Edit to add screenshot:

So you can either pinch along the blue line and try to pull that out.

Or find something to press along the red lines (the walls of the screen), but from the inside of the screen outwards.

This guy I bought it from gave me a screen that is so bent out of shape. The long dimpled stem he sent has a screen with it as well and fit with no issues. I took that screen out and put it in the short blue stem and that screen pops out as well. I assume the holes or different size or something. I wish this guy told me this. I posted a pic of both stems

Reez79,

VASked_Avenger!

@Reez79 , I'm fairly certain both those stems are the same joint size. Can you maybe post the same picture, but without the screen in left one?

VASked_Avenger!,

AJS

Calm Consistency
If they are the same size then why does the screen that came with the dimpled stem pop out of the blue stem as well?
They're both "18mm male ends" from the looks of it, but the inner diameter can vary stem to stem.

Hippie

Try the fourth video down by Lamart "make basket screens fit all stems"

The one above also shows how to fit a 15mm screen for stem packing (if you want to try stem packing the blue one)

Hippie,
Top Bottom