• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

Fentonyl

Maybe temperature too high?
Is your material very dark when finished? Some folks like that, but It doesn't need to be!
It seems to happen from white/pink temperature onwards. Material is a very dark brown each time on any colour it seems

Fentonyl,

aniceto

.. my issue is that when dry or run through my water tool after 3 or 4 intakes the flavour drops to zero and I get an usual toast like burnt flavour? I dont seem to be able to get taste and vapour..

I'd say that's a somewhat normal behaviour. To extend the flavour do not fill the chamber, use the baskets and lower your temp. If you really want to extend the flavour, your herbs must be top notch. That's not something to forget, flavour duration has a direct correlation with the quality of your weed. It can be night and day different depending on the herbs you put in. Same goes for efficiency. A same amount of herbs can give you 3 tokes or 25 depending on the quality of the plant.

aniceto

I've been playing around with some 6mm quartz pearls and the small basket. I'm yet to find a device that can do that much with so little. I'm blown away with what this device can do with just 0.05g ( I weighted it...) and a single terp pearl in the middle, more than 10 thick satisfying hits... amazing.

MinnBobber

Brain fart:
Shouldn’t the MiniVAP have a spot in Desktops AND Portables?
I use mine 99% as a desktop with AC puck, as do many .

I don’t think this is an issue for any other vape?
I would say it is a top 5 vape in desktop AND portable use.
No portable matches mV battery time.
No desktop matches lightweight feel of AC puck configuration.

Imo, it should appear/ be duplicated in both.

Potential desktop folks, should see it as a fantastic desktop option.

aniceto

Shouldn’t the MiniVAP have a spot in Desktops AND Portables?

Been thinking exactly that lately, or in other words, I believe the MiniVap's design concept is often misunderstood. It's not a portable vape, it is, by all means, a cordless desktop. It's your best friend at home for solo use. I believe it hurts the device to be set in the portables section only.

On top of that, how many desktops are this good at just 280€? Given the great design of this device you can buy the AC option first and think later whether you want it cordless...

It's is a fantastic design for a desktop vape, great idea. Moreover, if you are a heavy user and want it to be cordless at home you can buy 2 batteries and keep the thing working all day like a beast... Not sure who would need it though as it takes about 1 hour to recharge 4 18650.

So yeah, I'm with you, It hurts the device to be considered mainly a portable vape. It's not like that. You can take it out but it's far from ideal. My 2 cts.

Last edited:

kimura

Sorry but I would not buy an mV from anyone but Jorge. The worst thing about these things is that when they fail, it’s not dramatic. They still sorta work, just not very well. If it’s not producing massive clouds and flavor it’s probably broken, even if it came like that from the vendor. Luckily Jorge is a real g and will happily honor his warranty.

And I’ve said it probably dozens of times in this thread now but it bears repeating - yes the vapor is super harsh off the whip, you should use glass to cool it. I prefer a j pipe. But you do NOT need any sort of wpa adapter. Just need a tiny bit of silicon hose to install a flexicone module into any 14mm female glass and hit it lidless @Roger D style

Vaporific.ca

Retailer
fair enough. I've been burned in the past buying an mV from a vendor, which is why I made that comment. good to hear that you are working closely with the company to honor the warranty. the shipping costs from Spain can be high, so it would be nice to avoid that. any particular reason why you aren't stocking the single/core mV?

EDIT: ok that's weird. your comment was deleted? moving on...
Yes, we work closely with MV/Jorge.

The MiniVAP products are somewhat boutique and not high volume selling items. The cost of brining in every MV option is too costly for us and would tie up our funds unfortunately.

Yes, our original post and reply to you was removed by the mods as it was considered a retailer promotional post and a reply to a deleted post. Sorry for that mods.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
But you do NOT need any sort of wpa adapter. Just need a tiny bit of silicon hose to install a flexicone module into any 14mm female glass and hit it lidless @Roger D style
Can you provide some detail (photo would be great) about this direct glass connection. I've searched back in the thread and the discussion was old, pictures have been lost.
When I put a flexicone into a 14mm female adapter (14mm female to 18mm male...) it is not firmly in there, and does not fit firmly onto Minivap chamber. Should I leave out the teflon tube? I think I'd still just have to hold the adapter in place? Is this the wrong adapter?

I am currently using the newer ceramic wpa, but what is described sounds more even more direct. I also have the Minivap glass wpa, but that is a multi-part hassle. I must admit the many various methods get confusing, especially when I only break out this vape every couple of weeks. If I could get it to work better I'd surely use more often. Favorite thing is to share the leisurely session with my wife. Been trying out dimpled, ball filled cooling stem...which cools really nicely.

Also, I find that decent production is not happening until a long time into a sesh, like the second fill-up, seems the unit needs to heat soak for a while. I think mine (pre-owned) is from about 2018, a convection style, I use the white teflon tube in the chamber and then flexicone, etc. I have to go on green (temp 3 of 4) for much of anything to happen.

vapviking,
Reactions: BigJr48

lazylathe

Almost there...
@vapviking

It's really simple!
Take your flexicone that is loaded and ready to go.
Invert it so the nipple part goes into your 14mm glass attachment.
Place the MiniVap onto the inverted flexicone, the basket will be inside the MiniVap heater.
Long, slow draws are where you will have the best luck!
It's a full convection device and takes a while to heat soak the chamber.
Once mine reaches temp, I will do a few heavy dry pulls to move the heat up into the chamber.

Found a video I made years ago!
Should make it easier for you.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks, @lazylathe , this tells the story.
I suspected that the connection wasn't a positive engagement, has to be held, like inverted log (not that I've used one...).
Seems more cumbersome if one wants to use the device upright and pass it around!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Thanks, @lazylathe , this tells the story.
I suspected that the connection wasn't a positive engagement, has to be held, like inverted log (not that I've used one...).
Seems more cumbersome if one wants to use the device upright and pass it around!

I actually modified my one MiniVap lid by drilling out the hole a bit and fit a long glass tube into the lid.
The Flexicone fits into the glass tube very snugly and allows me to use it natively and share it when in a group.
The glass also cools the vapor downs rough which is an added bonus!

kimura

I actually modified my one MiniVap lid by drilling out the hole a bit and fit a long glass tube into the lid.
The Flexicone fits into the glass tube very snugly and allows me to use it natively and share it when in a group.
The glass also cools the vapor downs rough which is an added bonus!

This sounds like a cool idea. Thanks. Might have to go sacrifice a spare lid

lazylathe

Almost there...
Id love a pic of that
Excuse the super dirty glass stem and very stained Flexicone... This Flexicone is from my very 1st MV purchased around 10 years ago! It is still soft and flexible, just stained yellow but works as new. The lid is from my 10 year old MV, Teflon core. I also have a newer quick core glass core that is an absolute beast!
It still sees a lot of use and is great when watching movies!

My first MV was from a bad batch and never worked correctly and was replaced without any hassle.
It still works perfectly and has some of the best flavour out there!
I picked up a glass core as soon as they were available and love it! Anything from light blue vapor to whiteout conditions!

These are very under rated vaporizers!

20230509-131907.jpg

20230509-131931.jpg

@vapviking

Just a thought...
If you have a smallish 14mm rig and a few flexicones and baskets and get them preloaded, you could easily sesh with a bunch of friends and pass the setup around!
The flexicone sits perfectly in a 14mm joint, just add the MV to vape! Pretty foolproof and everyone can get their own basket!

Here are some pics to help!

20230509-133514.jpg

14mm joint
20230509-133519.jpg

Very easy to add or remove the MV without disturbing the Flexicone.
20230509-133529.jpg

Or go one step further and just use a j-hook!
Also a 14mm joint.
20230509-133612-2.jpg

As a MiniVap owner, it is your duty to share it's delicious vapor with your friends!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks for all the feedback. I had already begun to ponder drilling out a lid to accept a glass stem, something with dimples and beads...but atm I only have the one lid.

I'm not seeing that the 14mm glass adapter with flexicone-direct is very much different than using the nylon wpa (earlier I called it ceramic I think) from MV. That wpa is actually glass inside (a glass tube runs through it). And it is all held together on it's own, I use that for j-hook and hydratube (dry). I'm not so much into bigger glass or water anymore.

Today I tried a ten minute preheat and got much better results than I recently had been. Using the glass tube from that nylon wpa and a bit of silicone to connect this small stem.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
A search for "dosing caps" or "capsules" comes up empty in this thread.
I was thinkong about ordering a caboxylation (sp?) kit for the MV; I think (?) it is a metal tube that replaces the teflon tube in the chamber, at least for the unit I have, this is what I think...
The result is supposed to be more conduction.

So I tried placing a S&B dosing capsule -- hey, it's metal -- in the chamber (with the white teflon tube removed. Took the screen out of the short flexicone and hooked a 14mm male glass onto it ( similar to how I attached the glass tube in my post just above this one.

I have been using the MV on level 4 of 4 (red) and finally am getting those big clouds -- along with the big flavor. On setting 3 (green) the flavor is there, but good cloudage is a lot of work (slow drawing forever).
I think this unit may be going thru some of that slow degradation one of you guys was mentioning recently.

I would be shocked if no one else has thrown a dosing cap into the MV yet? It works great! I'm packing them tight, btw.

EDIT/ADD
So, as I was writing that, I'm puffing on the T Bowle, and realize that, yes, the ceramic pot from TB fits exactly into the MV chamber, and adding screen back into the flexicone completes the setup. This will be rigorously tested today...
The MV just doesn't stop presenting new ways to use it!

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm puffing on the T Bowle, and realize that, yes, the ceramic pot from TB fits exactly into the MV chamber, and adding screen back into the flexicone completes the setup. This will be rigorously tested today...
Sorry, quoting myself here,
I've been using the Tafee Bowle ceramic pots exclusively for a while now, I like how easy it is to swap them.
Out in the garden for sunset, wife and I just shared 4 bowls of Sugar Mountain...

Hasn't anyone else stumbled across this method?

buckhakeesah

No this is news to me! Can you provide some photos of this setup? I’d love to see it. I guess I could try and mirror what you’re doing to make this work as I should have everything you mentioned.

Oh wow I just tried it. Fits like a glove lol but you do have to remove the Teflon cylinder to make it fit in the og version.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Oh wow I just tried it. Fits like a glove lol but you do have to remove the Teflon cylinder to make it fit in the og version.
Yeah, all it takes is removing the teflon cylinder. S&B dosing caps fit; use no screen in the flexicone,. Or the T Bowle pots, with their red o-ring on, and a rimmed screen in the flexicone. (I bet the pot would be fine w/out the o-ring on.)

So, I think photo not really necessary, but maybe later I can manage one. My current "stem" is a combination of two shorter dimpled stems and a few quartz balls in one of those. Doesn't look super, but it does the job.
I have a longer, right angle j-hook en route from China to try out...I'll use the nylon wpa for that one.

This setup is, for at-home sharing, one we really enjoy. Well, I did spend a bout 40 minutes solo with it yesterday, I think I went thru 4 pots and capsule while watching Episode 1 of MILF Manor! Bizarro world there...

vapviking,
Reactions: Smknbud

buckhakeesah

Yeah, all it takes is removing the teflon cylinder. S&B dosing caps fit; use no screen in the flexicone,. Or the T Bowle pots, with their red o-ring on, and a rimmed screen in the flexicone. (I bet the pot would be fine w/out the o-ring on.)

So, I think photo not really necessary, but maybe later I can manage one. My current "stem" is a combination of two shorter dimpled stems and a few quartz balls in one of those. Doesn't look super, but it does the job.
I have a longer, right angle j-hook en route from China to try out...I'll use the nylon wpa for that one.

This setup is, for at-home sharing, one we really enjoy. Well, I did spend a bout 40 minutes solo with it yesterday, I think I went thru 4 pots and capsule while watching Episode 1 of MILF Manor! Bizarro world there...
No photo necessary. I tried and works well. Thank you for sharing this insight. Haven’t pulled out my MV in so long. Batteries are still chugging along and this thing wrecks me with its blue vapor. And my glass core model which I thought died but came back to life yesterday for some reason was pumping out clouds with this setup. I actually prefer using these TB pots in that over my OG Teflon right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom