MiniVAP Vaporizer

condition

What is the best way to use this? I got something just like it today. Just wondering do you wrap it or roll it into a small ball etc?
It depends on the vaporizer, on the heating process. It is better to be placed close to the heater and the warm air to pass through, so just wrap loosely one or more small pieces, around 0.1 g

condition,

DemiV

It depends on the vaporizer, on the heating process. It is better to be placed close to the heater and the warm air to pass through, so just wrap loosely one or more small pieces, around 0.1 g
I had really good experience using the fiber with some rosin. But the crushed up diamonds between two O-ringswas a better experience flavor wise than using the hemp fiber . I think live resin would do well with the degummed hemp fiber though. Is there any guidelines for using different types of concentrates with the MV?

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Sure, here's one model.
Thanks for the link. Is the glass better than the ceramic?

condition

I had really good experience using the fiber with some rosin. But the crushed up diamonds between two O-ringswas a better experience flavor wise than using the hemp fiber . I think live resin would do well with the degummed hemp fiber though. Is there any guidelines for using different types of concentrates with the MV?
Unfortunately there aren't. It is learned by experience, but still you are lucky to get these type of concentrates, here only herb and hash are available otherwise do it yourself. An idea is to contact Minivap maker who is responsive.

condition,
Reactions: DemiV

DemiV

Unfortunately there aren't. It is learned by experience, but still you are lucky to get these type of concentrates, here only herb and hash are available otherwise do it yourself. An idea is to contact Minivap maker who is responsive.
Yes very lucky! I Notice a bit of throat / chest pain when using the concentrate. I think someone already posted that it can be harsh on that. Especially Back to back.

DemiV,

LAWTHEONE

I finally broke down and picked this up straight from Spain. It arrived really quick. I’ve got to say I am very impressed with the power, taste and battery life. I’ve been using it with a water, peace, adapter attached to a bong. Really enjoying it so far. My favorite way to use it is putting the material directly into the bowl.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
If anyone gets the new glass basket im interested to hear how it is.
I don't know the chronology but I did, at least a year ago, purchase something called a Glass Starter kit, which contained one of what is now called Espresso Capsule https://www.minivap.com/product/mv-espresso-capsules/ and one of the glass mouthpieces. https://www.minivap.com/product/mv-glass-mouthpieces-kit/
The glass Starter kit is not listed, but referenced here https://www.minivap.com/mv-glass-starter-kit-container-mouthpiece-manifold/

I found the glass cup very cumbersome, it is open at both ends, which was messy. And for refilling I had to wait because it stays hot for a long time.
I should say that I may not have given it a fair go, given these initial issues.

I have been very happy using ceramic pots from my TBowle. I think they are acting in similar fashion to the glass Espresso Cups, with less fuss.

DemiV

Any idea how to un-stuck these together? I’m not sure I got the right size but I’m sure it was 18mm…Or tips and tricks when glass gets stuck in another piece of glass? I also noticed the glass adapter piece wouldn’t stay in its place on the Mini Vap where it’s designed to fit in.

IMG-1450.jpg

IMG-1449.jpg

DemiV,

LAWTHEONE

I’ve got to say this is very impressive. I use it on the go all the time. I definitely changed the way I use it because I now enjoy it much more when I load the filling chamber that attaches to the top lid and then screw that on. It’s completely convection doing it this way, and I like the flavor better. I like using temperature settings, green, yellow, and red on a bong.
I wish there was a more enjoyable mouthpiece to use it in natively. Long deep pulls on the bong produce some thick and potent and vapor.

Does anyone know of any third-party mouthpieces that have better cooling?

Razhumikin

I’ve got to say this is very impressive. I use it on the go all the time. I definitely changed the way I use it because I now enjoy it much more when I load the filling chamber that attaches to the top lid and then screw that on. It’s completely convection doing it this way, and I like the flavor better. I like using temperature settings, green, yellow, and red on a bong.
I wish there was a more enjoyable mouthpiece to use it in natively. Long deep pulls on the bong produce some thick and potent and vapor.

Jhook on the wpa works great for me.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

I second the WPA and jhook method, I like dry glass. I use a Uhook that has dimples, came from DHGate.

Finessseee

Do they make a MV without the Teflon insert? Or is it still in there even with the glass core MV?

Finessseee,

condition

Do they make a MV without the Teflon insert? Or is it still in there even with the glass core MV?
The Teflon cylinder can be found only in Teflon (called now convection) Minivap. The Glass core evolved to the Quartz core, and now is called Hybrid. Since the glass version had a fixed glass basket, not removable and no room for Teflon ring or decarb kit.
Quartz core has easier draw with no restriction, but since it is part conduction/radiation vape, the load may end sooner.

Finessseee

The Teflon cylinder can be found only in Teflon (called now convection) Minivap. The Glass core evolved to the Quartz core, and now is called Hybrid. Since the glass version had a fixed glass basket, not removable and no room for Teflon ring or decarb kit.
Quartz core has easier draw with no restriction, but since it is part conduction/radiation vape, the load may end sooner.
This is awesome! I’ve been wanting to try the MV for years, but hesitated due to price, Teflon, pure convection. I prefer the easier open draw of hybrid / conduction leaning for my weaker lungs. Now I just gotta wait for a BF deal!

aniceto

This is awesome! I’ve been wanting to try the MV for years, but hesitated due to price, Teflon, pure convection. I prefer the easier open draw of hybrid / conduction leaning for my weaker lungs. Now I just gotta wait for a BF deal!

You won't regret it. This is the most underrated vape of all time. It's been my number one for 5 years now, no hesitation.. and I like you preffer hybrids and this one delivers, I've had both (full convection and hybrid) and there's a huge difference between the two in performance. I went from at least 10 seconds draw to at most 5 second draw.

Hope to see you these parts happy at some point.

EDIT:

you can find more info here

Last edited:

Finessseee

You won't regret it. This is the most underrated vape of all time. It's been my number one for 5 years now, no hesitation.. and I like you preffer hybrids and this one delivers, I've had both (full convection and hybrid) and there's a huge difference between the two in performance. I went from at least 10 seconds draw to at most 5 second draw.

Hope to see you these parts happy at some point.
That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Quick question, what other vape do you pair it up with if any? Wondering if I’d need an on demand vape to pair with it or not..

aniceto

That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Quick question, what other vape do you pair it up with if any? Wondering if I’d need an on demand vape to pair with it or not..

I'm not sure I get you ... May I ask why you think you might need an on demand vape? What do you mean by pair? A complementary vape? I mainly use MV and Xmax because the MV is a home unit despite the battery and the Xmax being so stealthy, portable and convenient.

Finessseee

I'm not sure I get you ... May I ask why you think you might need an on demand vape? What do you mean by pair? A complementary vape? I mainly use MV and Xmax because the MV is a home unit despite the battery and the Xmax being so stealthy, portable and convenient.
I don’t really need on demand, it’s just the ability to take hits without doing an entire session all at once in one sitting. Sometimes I just want a quick big hit in between gaming sessions or doing stuff around the apartment. How fast can you finish a session on max temp?

aniceto

I don’t really need on demand, it’s just the ability to take hits without doing an entire session all at once in one sitting. Sometimes I just want a quick big hit in between gaming sessions or doing stuff around the apartment. How fast can you finish a session on max temp?

I'm afraid that actually means you do need on demand... 😊

If you really need that, the MV is far from ideal. You can take a couple of big hits out of 0.1~0.15, but it takes placing in the load at the bottom of the chamber with a basket holding it in place and a few minutes to heat soak. Far far from ideal. It can get big but not quickly..

If you really need quick big hits I'd take a look at the Tafée Bowle, Tinymight 2, Sticky Bricks, Tetra P80...

The MV is one of the kings of dry herb session vapes. My 2 cts.

Last edited:

condition

How fast can you finish a session on max temp?
It depends on the load :lol:
Seriously, there is a small basket, large basket, but you can also load directly into the chamber, three different amounts. If you let it warm up for the recommended 10 minutes, then the small basket may be finished in 4 - 6 draws.

Top Bottom