MiniVAP Vaporizer

MinnBobber

Yes , it does put out blue vapor….pure blue vapor.

Is the Taf Bowle pots substitution for a way to make the MV a bigger hitter?
That’s what it seems to me.

For flavor chasers, the Flexicone module with a hemp paper filter in the ultimate setup imo.
Basket bottom, rimmed screen in middle, flexicone silicone top with hemp paper filter inside. Snapped together to make a Flexicone module.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
For flavor chasers, the Flexicone module with a hemp paper filter in the ultimate setup imo.
Basket bottom, rimmed screen in middle, flexicone silicone top with hemp paper filter inside. Snapped together to make a Flexicone module
What is the hemp paper for? Just a little finer filter, for tiny particles? This sounds (with the exception of some hemp paper) just like the standard use setup, no?

Doesn't production also depend on the "sleeve" inside the chamber? Mine has the teflon tube in there, but that is left out if using the Bowle ceramic pot or the S&B dosing cap.
When I read about the optional decarboxylation (sorry if I butcher the spelling) tube, which to me just looks like a metal tube to replace the teflon??? That made me think of the metal dosing capsule, and when teflon tube is removed, the S&B one fits nicely. Then I tried the Bowle pot.

What are you using to come out of the flexicone? Are you using the flexicone with longer silicone tube? Or some other cooling mouthpiece or stem? Standard little plastic mouthpiece?

I'm not necessarily urging folks to buy Bowle pots, hey they cost ten bucks each, but for those who already have some of that system, they are worth a try, imo.

As a 'travel' system, I had been using basket, plus spare rimmed screen and spare flexicone (short), to make a travel module, using the flexicone simply as a cover. Now I'll use dosing caps, or put some Bowle pots in an Altoids tin....with that Delta3d insert...and that's very handy.

Has anyone made a video tutorial about Bowle EDIT, MINIVAP that really describes A.) the many different variants of MiniVap and B.) The many and varied ways to use them? I find it all confusing, tbh.
I bought mine as a used unit, the fellow said it is "Teflon" core, but I am pretty clueless as to how that is distinguished from others!

One thing I have noticed is that it is easy to want to keep toking (because some clouds keeps coming) even after the pot is spent. When I cough hard, I know I've gone too far! Not confirmed, but I think using the TB pot caches the chamber a little sooner than a basket screen, possibly because hot air is concentrated, coming in only from bottom, and not additionally from the sides of a basket?

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
IMO this is apples and oranges to Bowle.
One is a session-capable vape, the other is not.
One battery lasts two bowls, the other for hours.
One is on demand, one is not.

They are such opposites in most every way, does it warrant a comparative video?

Stompopolos

IMO this is apples and oranges to Bowle.
One is a session-capable vape, the other is not.
One battery lasts two bowls, the other for hours.
One is on demand, one is not.

They are such opposites in most every way, does it warrant a comparative video?
I don't think he was comparing the TB to the MV, just discussing using the ceramic loading caps from the TB instead of the MV basket screen.

DemiV

I tried out the Mini Vap it’s really nice. It also has an attachment you can use so I could use a 18mm glass piece. I have a Swiss honeycomb that used to hit so nice, and look forward to using again. Alternatively I liked the long silicone tube it comes with. I don’t want combustion so I stick with the 375F setting for flower.

Great flavor smooth hits though, and that’s not even with a glass piece! I found using the slightly thicker mesh screen insert made for stronger and concentrated flavor.

It has loading baskets much like Vapexhale but you don’t have to use them better flavor and hits without it. ( For flower at least) it can do concentrates as well. With a different basket.

The guy in the video I watched uses a converter piece to 18mm and used the J-Hook to hit

It actually works similarly to the TM2 putting a small amount of concentrate with organic cotton or hemp. I am a little confused as to how big of a piece of cotton to use and how much concentrate to use.

Going back to their website. I am actually really impressed by how thorough mini Vaps instruction are on their website for both flower and concentrate. Never seen anything quite like it. I did try their concentrate pad and didn’t wow me flavor wise. I read an old post about the Mini Vap that you could put a bit of concentrate in between the two thicker mesh screens. I tried it out and was surprised how much better the flavor was. But kind of a messy option. Was hard to separate the two screens when done. Made me wonder if there were any tricks to using concentrate and cotton to use concentrates? I also tried a piece of cotton in between the two thicker mesh screen and didn’t get any vapor or flavor at all. I will note my smaller mesh bucket got squished…and I tried to bend it back into place but it might’ve messed with the airflow around the cotton. When I first used the cotton method I used the hot knife to melt it into the cotton and made a smaller saturated piece. Not sure if that is a better way of doing it.

DemiV

What is the hemp paper for? Just a little finer filter, for tiny particles? This sounds (with the exception of some hemp paper) just like the standard use setup, no?

Doesn't production also depend on the "sleeve" inside the chamber? Mine has the teflon tube in there, but that is left out if using the Bowle ceramic pot or the S&B dosing cap.
When I read about the optional decarboxylation (sorry if I butcher the spelling) tube, which to me just looks like a metal tube to replace the teflon??? That made me think of the metal dosing capsule, and when teflon tube is removed, the S&B one fits nicely. Then I tried the Bowle pot.

What are you using to come out of the flexicone? Are you using the flexicone with longer silicone tube? Or some other cooling mouthpiece or stem? Standard little plastic mouthpiece?

I'm not necessarily urging folks to buy Bowle pots, hey they cost ten bucks each, but for those who already have some of that system, they are worth a try, imo.

As a 'travel' system, I had been using basket, plus spare rimmed screen and spare flexicone (short), to make a travel module, using the flexicone simply as a cover. Now I'll use dosing caps, or put some Bowle pots in an Altoids tin....with that Delta3d insert...and that's very handy.

Has anyone made a video tutorial about Bowle EDIT, MINIVAP that really describes A.) the many different variants of MiniVap and B.) The many and varied ways to use them? I find it all confusing, tbh.
I bought mine as a used unit, the fellow said it is "Teflon" core, but I am pretty clueless as to how that is distinguished from others!

One thing I have noticed is that it is easy to want to keep toking (because some clouds keeps coming) even after the pot is spent. When I cough hard, I know I've gone too far! Not confirmed, but I think using the TB pot caches the chamber a little sooner than a basket screen, possibly because hot air is concentrated, coming in only from bottom, and not additionally from the sides of a basket?
I find it all overwhelming and confusing as well. Sometimes when I’m reading about a hemp paper i don’t know what that looks like or where to get one. Definitely could use a in depth video

MinnBobber

Hemp paper:
Search for T-Sacs filters. Primary use is for loose leaf tea.
Cut bags into small circular hemp paper filters.
Place filter into the Flexicone upper , above the stock screen.

If you grind your flower, guaranteed that you have tiny micro particle dust that flows past stock screen. The T-Sac catches 99% of it.

The result is better taste and stems/ bubbler water/ your mouth and throat don’t receive all that nasty crap.

With only the stock screen, bubbler water gets all gunked up.
With this, any stem reclaim is pure vs full of dust.

DemiV

Hemp paper:

If you grind your flower, guaranteed that you have tiny micro particle dust that flows past stock screen. The T-Sac catches 99% of it.

The result is better taste and stems/ bubbler water/ your mouth and throat don’t receive all that nasty crap.

Glad I asked because i was just using one or two thick rimmed filters directly. While packing directly into the unit. Kind of having trouble figuring the best way to use concentrates with this unit. And I think using the loading bucket may also give better flavor. So that white silicone insert can be taken out to cleaned? Is this ok to do without voicing any warranty’s?

DemiV,

condition

Glad I asked because i was just using one or two thick rimmed filters directly. While packing directly into the unit. Kind of having trouble figuring the best way to use concentrates with this unit. And I think using the loading bucket may also give better flavor. So that white silicone insert can be taken out to cleaned? Is this ok to do without voicing any warranty’s?
You mean the teflon ring? If so, it can be easily removed. Check this out

BTW as seen on the video there are two screens protecting the heater, not one, so with the additional use of a basket it seems difficult for particles to enter heating element.

DemiV

BTW as seen on the video there are two screens protecting the heater, not one, so with the additional use of a basket it seems difficult for particles to enter heating element.
Thanks for showing me that. I wasn’t sure if mine was dirty already but now I can check it out.

What is the best way to use concentrates with this unit? I had an ok experience putting the concentrate between two rimmed metal screens but it’s a bit messy. Hard to separate them after use. It only seemed to work for the diamonds and not live resin. Any help would be appreciated

DemiV,

Razhumikin

Thanks for showing me that. I wasn’t sure if mine was dirty already but now I can check it out.

What is the best way to use concentrates with this unit? I had an ok experience putting the concentrate between two rimmed metal screens but it’s a bit messy. Hard to separate them after use. It only seemed to work for the diamonds and not live resin. Any help would be appreciated
I always vape concentrate in the minivap in between flower in the basket. You could also stuff thw basket with some degummed hemp fiber and vape just the concentrate off that, but I havent tried that method myself yet.

Razhumikin,
Reactions: DemiV

DemiV

I always vape concentrate in the minivap in between flower in the basket. You could also stuff thw basket with some degummed hemp fiber and vape just the concentrate off that, but I havent tried that method myself yet.
I think I tried this out last night. Flower was in the main chamber and then the two screens into the whip. Extremely flavorful. Is that how you meant as well? I tried organic cotton but it hasn’t worked well. I think because my smaller basket is deformed so the air can’t circulate around it properly. I believe You’re supposed to use the smaller basket and then put the hemp or cotton in there and have no screen in the whip so the vapor and flavor isn’t diluted or blocked.

Hemp paper:

Can you also use this paper to vape concentrate? Or is hemp the best choice? If so what type? Would the use of T-sac filters be useful when vaping concentrate so everything doesn’t get sticky from the concentrate?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Flower was in the main chamber and then the two screens into the whip.
Just jumping in here...
I think the suggestion is to use a basket screen (large would be better). Put flower in the bottom, then some concentrate, then flower again, so the concentrate is sandwiched between two layers of bud.

Use this in a flexicone that has a flat screen (rimmed is better, I think) mounted in it.

MinnBobber

Can you also use this paper to vape concentrate? Or is hemp the best choice? If so what type? Would the use of T-sac filters be useful when vaping concentrate so everything doesn’t get sticky from the concentrate?
T-Sacs would not work well to vape concentrates. It does work well to filter out particles like dry flower particles.

Concentrates have no particles so T_Sacs not needed.

Degummed hemp fiber would be what to search for. It is like a cotton ball BUT without the bleaching etc that cotton balls get .
Natural and fluffy to absorb the concentrate.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: vapviking

DemiV

Just jumping in here...
I think the suggestion is to use a basket screen (large would be better). Put flower in the bottom, then some concentrate, then flower again, so the concentrate is sandwiched between two layers of bud.

Use this in a flexicone that has a flat screen (rimmed is better, I think) mounted in it.
I tried this and I used a hot knife to melt into a Nug. Put a Nug on top of that for a sandwich. Really amazing experience. Thanks for the tip! I also ordered degummed hemp but now I’m thinking I might not need it? Maybe I wanted to just use a pure concentrate?

T-Sacs would not work well to vape concentrates. It does work well to filter out particles like dry flower particles.

Concentrates have no particles so T_Sacs not needed.

Degummed hemp fiber would be what to search for. It is like a cotton ball BUT without the bleaching etc that cotton balls get .
Natural and fluffy to absorb the concentrate.
Damn Cause I bought organic cotton balls that are unbleached. Those were cheap but the degummed hemp is a bit more.

So easy to do! Thanks for the link

condition

Jorge, the maker of MV, is introducing in September a new power adapter, powered by USB-C. It should be a must for the quartz core vaporizers at least. The current power cable is too short, and I guess with the new USB-C cable a decent power bank may be used.
Personally, I don't like simultaneous use of weed and hash, first the one and after the other, for me. I have also used the Japanese cotton and it was too dense and restricted the draw. After trial and error, I found that the best way to use concentrates is the vape wool from black leaf. More expensive but well worth the high price, as the airflow is particularly good. No draw restriction and no messy loading chamber.

Vape_Wool_Hemp_Fibre_Concentrates_PuffPuffPalace_480x480.jpg

DemiV

Jorge, the maker of MV, is introducing in September a new power adapter, powered by USB-C. It should be a must for the quartz core vaporizers at least. The current power cable is too short, and I guess with the new USB-C cable a decent power bank may be used.

Personally, I don't like simultaneous use of weed and hash, first the one and after the other, for me. I have also used the Japanese cotton and it was too dense and restricted the draw. After trial and error, I found that the best way to use concentrates is the vape wool from black leaf. More expensive but well worth the high price, as the airflow is particularly good. No draw restriction and no messy loading chamber.

Is there anything I can use that ships to the states?

DemiV,

DemiV

Hemp paper:

Got the T-sacs today and it worked great as per your instructions.

DemiV

What is the best way to use this? I got something just like it today. Just wondering do you wrap it or roll it into a small ball etc?

DemiV,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hello all. Can this vape still be purchased?

Sure, here's one model.

Top Bottom