• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Milaana II by RastaBuddahTao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I must have been out of touch because I usually buy everything Ryan makes. What is a 1.5? Or even a 1.? Except for the ll, mine are pretty similar to the ones SS posted.
Also is there some kind of list or website where Ryan talks about what he's doing so I don't miss the Milaana II if he does one again.
(I use some wood treatment that came from Ed.)

Oh @GetLeft @turk et al, I had thought Maggie was asking me to compare to the SplinterV2... So that's what I did in my post lol Comparing the II to my other Milaanas, well its been a while, but it is much different with the new air intake and shape/size, newer copper, different woods, thick German glass, heater build and tuning probably much more refined as RBT steadily improved production...

1.5 is just the final versions before the II as it had a squared off bottom edge, but otherwise the same old air intake and shape I believe? There were also Milaana V1 and V2 before the 1.5, at least I think that is what my Mis in btwn the beta and II were referred to as... There's been a lot of different builds with slight tweaks throughout the original Milaanas lifespan, difficult for anyone to keep track really.

eideal852

I must have been out of touch because I usually buy everything Ryan makes. What is a 1.5? Or even a 1.? Except for the ll, mine are pretty similar to the ones SS posted.
Also is there some kind of list or website where Ryan talks about what he's doing so I don't miss the Milaana II if he does one again.
Haha, i feel you, I only call mine a 1.anything because of trying to keep versions straight through these incremental revisions: My Mi1 came 2nd hand, and was described as "the turbulator" version and someone else coined that to be a "1.5" Who knows. I DO know that I like my Mi2 better.

eideal852,
Reactions: turk

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Email us at vgoodiez@gmail.com and I'll add you to the advance notification list but would not hold my breath any II's will come back. If they do, they will likely be expensive exotics at $300+. Not sure we will see a Standard Milaana III either but its a possibility as well.

turk

turk
Yeah mines the og. Or 1 or whatever the fuck..lol..barebones, before...the guitar pick...they both will get you fucked up..there’s really not a bad one..as shit snacks says they evolved to exotic and refined wood...good stuff...great vape.

little maggie

Oh @GetLeft @turk et al, I had thought Maggie was asking me to compare to the SplinterV2... So that's what I did in my post lol Comparing the II to my other Milaanas, well its been a while, but it is much different with the new air intake and shape/size, newer copper, different woods, thick German glass, heater build and tuning probably much more refined as RBT steadily improved production...

1.5 is just the final versions before the II as it had a squared off bottom edge, but otherwise the same old air intake and shape I believe? There were also Milaana V1 and V2 before the 1.5, at least I think that is what my Mis in btwn the beta and II were referred to as... There's been a lot of different builds with slight tweaks throughout the original Milaanas lifespan, difficult for anyone to keep track really.
I was asking how the milaana v2 compared to the ll. I didn't realize there were that many versions of the milaana after the v2. I've been trying to figure out box mods (with your help.) I think I have all the splinters but lost track of milaanas. And it sounds like the v2 is pretty different from the ones that came after.

Shit Snacks

I was asking how the milaana v2 compared to the ll. I didn't realize there were that many versions of the milaana after the v2. I've been trying to figure out box mods (with your help.) I think I have all the splinters but lost track of milaanas. And it sounds like the v2 is pretty different from the ones that came after.

Oh I see. My purpleheart Milaana is a V2 custom (I asked RBT to give it a more standard tuning, but some others who got exotics with me had theirs tuned hot-- which is how my old V1 runs albeit with an unrefined build) so comparing that to my walnut II I can do! Only one in between the V2 and the II is the aforementioned 1.5 I believe, which I never had and there weren't too many made with a little variance in bodies.

So the II has a smaller air intake like the Splinters, though it is only one hole, so it is not as free flowing as the V2 Milaana with the air intake at the top next to the bowl with the screen covering it. Don't get me wrong though, airflow is still very open, this just helps regulate draw with a little more restriction. I'm still able to draw as fast or slow as I desire, it just is a little more mindless, and should be better for sharing (haven't gotten to test that yet). The only downside of the new intake, is that you need to be careful not to cover it with your finger in use, though if you have a weak battery doing that for the first couple seconds of your hit could help boost the heat.

I know my V2 was also more tame with the heater, due to its Amber glass, but I imagine the German clear glass in the II must be even thicker. My II heater does not feel tame, but perhaps easier to tame? I have overdone it a couple times, but no combustion (not using cooler stems, which could make it harder to sense by taste/heat I suppose, I did for one bowl with my custom Jr and it was quite nice n smooth though). Anyway this is what I mean by a refined build for the heater and tuning, it really feels like an even more finalized Milaana.

Finally, the physical stuff, RBT got his woodwork to an amazing level with the V2 as you can see by my purpleheart, so the II carries that on. It is slightly smaller, but boxier without the curved side and the squared off bottom. It does feel more secure to stand upright, though I still prefer to lie it on its side. I have not taken it out and about to use the safety pick yet, but it and the new copper look great. I also like the two tone look with a different wood for the bottom, love the redorange color of the sapele wood, and that unique grain!

So all around, more or less the same ol Milaana experience, just a bit more refined and evolved. I felt I need to have one in my collection, but from a performance standpoint you are not missing much at all if you already own one, especially one of the later versions like the V2.

Last edited:

eideal852

Oh I see. My purpleheart Milaana is a V2 custom (I asked RBT to give it a more standard tuning, but some others who got exotics with me had theirs tuned hot-- which is how my old V1 runs albeit with an unrefined build) so comparing that to my walnut II I can do! Only one in between the V2 and the II is the aforementioned 1.5 I believe, which I never had and there weren't too many made with a little variance in bodies.

So the II has a smaller air intake like the Splinters, though it is only one hole, so it is not as free flowing as the V2 Milaana with the air intake at the top next to the bowl with the screen covering it. Don't get me wrong though, airflow is still very open, this just helps regulate draw with a little more restriction. I'm still able to draw as fast or slow as I desire, it just is a little more mindless, and should be better for sharing (haven't gotten to test that yet). The only downside of the new intake, is that you need to be careful not to cover it with your finger in use, though if you have a weak battery doing that for the first couple seconds of your hit could help boost the heat.

I know my V2 was also more tame with the heater, due to its Amber glass, but I imagine the German clear glass in the II must be even thicker. My II heater does not feel tame, but perhaps easier to tame? I have overdone it a couple times, but no combustion (not using cooler stems, which could make it harder to sense by taste/heat I suppose, I did for one bowl with my custom Jr and it was quite nice n smooth though). Anyway this is what I mean by a refined build for the heater and tuning, it really feels like an even more finalized Milaana.

Finally, the physical stuff, RBT got his woodwork to an amazing level with the V2 as you can see by my purpleheart, so the II carries that on. It is slightly smaller, but boxier without the curved side and the squared off bottom. It does feel more secure to stand upright, though I still prefer to lie it on its side. I have not taken it out and about to use the safety pick yet, but it and the new copper look great. I also like the two tone look with a different wood for the bottom, love the redorange color of the sapele wood, and that unique grain!

So all around, more or less the same ol Milaana experience, just a bit more refined and evolved. I felt I need to have one in my collection, but from a performance standpoint you are not missing much at all if you already own one, especially one of the later versions like the V2.
God I need a meet up. My Mi1 bless, its heart, is opposite of everything here:
Glass is finicky: not sure how exactly. Too shallow? Too wide an ID? Something. Stem choice is limited as most all of mine bottom out.
Temp seems on the low side. Feel I’d have to try and combust and still may not even then.

I got it AFTER my II so it’s an odd comparison. But if I’d have it first I’d say the II improves EVERY part of the experience, though aesthetically I love the little screened intake on the OGs.

Shit. It was second hand so maybe it’s had hard times, but nothing looks amiss so I have to imagine it started out as it is now.

Last edited:
eideal852,

Shit Snacks

God I need a meet up. My Mi1 bless, its heart, is opposite of everything here:
Glass is finicky: not sure how exactly. Too shallow? Too wide an ID? Something. Stem choice is limited as most all of mine bottom out.
Temp seems on the low side. Feel I’d have to try and combust and still may not even then.

I got it AFTER my II so it’s an odd comparison. But if I’d have it first I’d say the II improves EVERY part of the experience, though aesthetically I love the little screened intake on the OGs.

Shit. It was second hand so maybe it’s had hard times, but nothing looks amiss so I have to imagine it started out as it is now.

Nope, there is variance in glass, and as I said a lot of variance in build from earlier models. I remember years ago there are quite a few of that had glass stem fit issues (could be how the heater screen was installed too, I have an old beta Zion like that). There were all so many complaints of Mi's running too cool, while some ran too hot. You can see that the II is far more refined and consistent, but there is nothing wrong with your 1. Just the nature of the old beast, if you want to read through the original thread (long I know) you'll see exactly what I mean.

Shit Snacks,

eideal852

Nope, there is variance in glass, and as I said a lot of variance in build from earlier models. I remember years ago there are quite a few of that had glass stem fit issues (could be how the heater screen was installed too, I have an old beta Zion like that). There were all so many complaints of Mi's running too cool, while some ran too hot. You can see that the II is far more refined and consistent, but there is nothing wrong with your 1. Just the nature of the old beast, if you want to read through the original thread (long I know) you'll see exactly what I mean.
I actually don’t think anythings “wrong” with it. It just issssss

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
RBT is happy to announce the appointment of our Customer Care Concierge, Cyndi. With decades of customer service experience and a track record of success I am so happy to know all the RBT peeps will be in good hands. She has been lurking here on FC and will be getting an account soon. Cyndi is also in the process of starting up the buddharastatao IG account again and has plans to revive the YouTube in the coming months. Finally having expert coverage on the front end of the business is sure to shore up the RBT biz. Please welcome Cyndi to her new challenging and critical position on the RBT Team.

Look for her contact info on the www soon. keep in mind that sales and service is handled through the retailer of purchase but I am sure Cyndi will be happy to help i any way she can.

Keep Rockin'
Ryan

GetLeft

2mhio86.jpg

Fahrenheit450

Whelp, its been over a month since i paid for it, but i still havent experienced a single Milaana hit yet.

4/24 - received Milaana 2, but it wouldn't get hot. Spent the week waiting for a new battery to ship, and it didnt make the Milaana produce heat either. Assumed unit was DoA.
4/30 - requested RMA from Vgoodiez, got info and address from Scott the same day.
5/1: dropped my unit off for shipping to NY.
5/4: Item made it to final address (the PO box)
5/8: item was finally picked up from the PO box.

I am actually really glad i ordered the Lil bud Elite from Vapwood around the same time back in April, because at least i have had 1 excellent on-demand portable to carry around with me. I'm a little bummed that I still haven't gotten a chance to get acquainted with the Milaana yet. I emailed Vgoodiez again last week to ask for an update, but my future with this device (and the $300 bucks i spent on it back in flippin April:|) are still uncertain.

Fahrenheit450,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Whelp, its been over a month since i paid for it, but i still havent experienced a single Milaana hit yet.

4/24 - received Milaana 2, but it wouldn't get hot. Spent the week waiting for a new battery to ship, and it didnt make the Milaana produce heat either. Assumed unit was DoA.
4/30 - requested RMA from Vgoodiez, got info and address from Scott the same day.
5/1: dropped my unit off for shipping to NY.
5/4: Item made it to final address (the PO box)
5/8: item was finally picked up from the PO box.

I am actually really glad i ordered the Lil bud Elite from Vapwood around the same time back in April, because at least i have had 1 excellent on-demand portable to carry around with me. I'm a little bummed that I still haven't gotten a chance to get acquainted with the Milaana yet. I emailed Vgoodiez again last week to ask for an update, but my future with this device (and the $300 bucks i spent on it back in flippin April:|) are still uncertain.
If it were within my control this would be resolved for you by now. I have been hounding RBT to no avail.

sickmanfraud

If it were within my control this would be resolved for you by now. I have been hounding RBT to no avail.

Excuse me for putting in my 2 cents.

If @Fahrenheit450 gave you, @VGOODIEZ the money you should make it right and then you fight it out with Ryan.

If you are just providing warranty service for a different retailer that retailer should make it right.

Frankly, I am surprised that @Fahrenheit450 has not filed a complaint with his credit card company by now.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Excuse me for putting in my 2 cents.

If @Fahrenheit450 gave you, @VGOODIEZ the money you should make it right and then you fight it out with Ryan.

If you are just providing warranty service for a different retailer that retailer should make it right.

Frankly, I am surprised that @Fahrenheit450 has not filed a complaint with his credit card company by now.
Wait a second? Credit Card complaint? Had @Fahrenheit450 asked for a refund I would happily grant one. I believe your perception of the situation is inaccurate so allow me to respond.

He reported a DOA unit. I don't know why and I don't check every vaporizer that goes out the door. RBT takes care of warranty service. I provide customer service to facilitate this (only products that are within warranty period). I was contacted on 6/6 for an update which I promptly attempted to contact RBT and have not heard back. I dont have a system to check up on it in between, I count on the customer to follow up.

I'm more than happy to provide a refund but I'm not a mind reader. Trust me when I say that I am just as unhappy as he is about this situation but I sold it to him and he could never use it so of course I'd do the right thing. No reason at all for a chargeback. Dont you feel the right thing to do would be to ask for what you want before you go calling your credit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom