Micro-dosing

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
This study gives the SOLO 82% plus/minus 6% and compares to other very known models, it's very efficient extracting in my experience, the AVB content in my ABV is very low, and there is a lot left on the stems.

That's a great study that I've read over a few times (part of what led me to creating the above table, my personal version has a few columns with bioavailability based on my devices), but I wanted to note a few factors:

"[For] validation of the Arizer Solo®, the temperature was set to the highest level (7), which according to the manufacturer’s instructions corresponds to 210°C....The heater was switched on and the glass tube, pre-filled with the test materials, mounted on the device and the vacuum pump started immediately after reaching the temperature [of 205°C]. The aspiration of the vapor through the SPE column was performed, as described for the Plenty Vaporizer, for 3 min at 420 mbar followed by 1 min at 100 mbar."

I don't know about you, but I rarely vape for four minutes straight at the highest heat setting (410°F), let alone with a vacuum assist. It does not discredit the figure or study at all, but it is worth mentioning that the percentage efficiencies reached were about as thorough of extraction as I'm assuming we can reach under lab conditions. I'm not disputing that the Solo rips, or that it is likely extremely efficient, but these numbers should be contextualized, especially when it comes to micro-dosing.

maskedcorrespondent,
Reactions: CANtalk

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
Yeah, I just got a bunch of a type 2 strain called Ada's Code from Hoku. Great clearheaded high, been vaping small amounts in the Toad or a Vapman. This one is available to non-members. Quarter ounce for 30 bucks. Highly (hah) recommend.
That sounds great-- does Hoku provide any Certificates of Analysis (either cannabinoid percentages or terp breakdowns) for their bud? Flow Gardens does, and while I always take them with a pinch of salt, any information along those lines is a huge boon.

maskedcorrespondent,

DrJynx86

That's a great study that I've read over a few times (part of what led me to creating the above table, my personal version has a few columns with bioavailability based on my devices), but I wanted to note a few factors:

"[For] validation of the Arizer Solo®, the temperature was set to the highest level (7), which according to the manufacturer’s instructions corresponds to 210°C....The heater was switched on and the glass tube, pre-filled with the test materials, mounted on the device and the vacuum pump started immediately after reaching the temperature [of 205°C]. The aspiration of the vapor through the SPE column was performed, as described for the Plenty Vaporizer, for 3 min at 420 mbar followed by 1 min at 100 mbar."

I don't know about you, but I rarely vape for four minutes straight at the highest heat setting (410°F), let alone with a vacuum assist. It does not discredit the figure or study at all, but it is worth mentioning that the percentage efficiencies reached were about as thorough of extraction as I'm assuming we can reach under lab conditions. I'm not disputing that the Solo rips, or that it is likely extremely efficient, but these numbers should be contextualized, especially when it comes to micro-dosing.
3 minutes is not a long time ripping, and 100 millibar is not a huge vacuum.

Just saying, six 30 second rips at human normal sucking pressure is totally doable and not outrageous by any mean.

Also while I have tried to vape at lower levels, I end up vaping exclusively at 7.

This takes usually 30-45 minutes or so, until no more visible vapor is there and the AVB is dark as I like.

Edit: just checked my notes, the last time I tried chronometring this I did 18x 30 second pulls trough 4 complete SOLO sessions, that's 540 seconds (9 minutes), just to cash a stem.

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
3 minutes is not a long time ripping, and 100 millibar is not a huge vacuum.

Just saying, six 30 second rips at human normal sucking pressure is totally doable and not outrageous by any mean.

Also while I have tried to vape at lower levels, I end up vaping exclusively at 7.

This takes usually 30-45 minutes or so, until no more visible vapor is there and the AVB is dark as I like.

Edit: just checked my notes, the last time I tried chronometring this I did 18x 30 second pulls trough 4 complete SOLO sessions, that's 540 seconds (9 minutes), just to cash a stem.
You're right that those figures are far from hard to hit as a human. Interesting to hear about the amount of time to cash a Solo stem-- how does the ABV look after? Thank you for your research!

maskedcorrespondent,
Reactions: DrJynx86

DrJynx86

I have found that I have to eat a lot of AVB (dark and very cashed) if I have to feel something, on the other hand, the residue in the stems is very concentrated and I regularly reclaim that into milk as an high potency edible.

It also depends on cannabis potency, I'm lucky that I can grow my own and have gathered some experience while still learning all the time, I wish I had access to better strains to cross with mine but I cannot complain as I'm way over self-consumption production levels now and I'm free to enjoy without feeling the dread of days without medication.

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
I have found that I have to eat a lot of AVB (dark and very cashed) if I have to feel something, on the other hand, the residue in the stems is very concentrated and I regularly reclaim that into milk as an high potency edible.

It also depends on cannabis potency, I'm lucky that I can grow my own and have gathered some experience while still learning all the time, I wish I had access to better strains to cross with mine but I cannot complain as I'm way over self-consumption production levels now and I'm free to enjoy without feeling the dread of days without medication.
On the Toast Scale I like my ABV between E4 and E7. I know it isn't as efficient of extraction as it could be, but it is effective for my desired level of medication, and the ABV has good effects when I eat it. That color is usually after about an hour on off sipping of an elbow pack of .05g or so in the XQ2 at 360-390°F (180-200°C).

maskedcorrespondent,
Reactions: DrJynx86

jbm

That sounds great-- does Hoku provide any Certificates of Analysis (either cannabinoid percentages or terp breakdowns) for their bud? Flow Gardens does, and while I always take them with a pinch of salt, any information along those lines is a huge boon.
Nope, no COAs. I know people like to see them, but I don’t really care about them. I’ve been a Hoku customer for awhile now, and Floyd is as straight up as they come. IMO COAs aren’t all that meaningful or reliable and they need to be taken with a big pinch of salt.

CANtalk

Been quiet, I hope the microdosing journey is going well out there & by all means share some stories. How are things @NYC_Frank?

I'm still microdosing as always & having big experiences :science:. And lately, I've managed to lower my dosing routine again. After a weekly break, I'm currently pretty comfortable with one 0.050 g bowl on Friday. I'm still spreading that bowl out over 6-7 hrs with three sessions and a temp step, giving me 8-10 hrs of strong f/x (and poor sleeps :rolleyes:). And more recently, I've enjoyed vaping the same single bowl on Saturday :clap:. Two weeks ago I vaped three bowls on Sunday w/ some friends visiting and greened out on the couch that night :zzz:. Last weekend I vaped two bowls on Sunday & still greened out on the couch for a while that night :lol:. Never thought that vaping 0.20 grams total over a week would still potentially lead to greening out :razz:. Less it more.

For a few years or more, I've been vaping ~0.30-0.35 grams per week, so I'm pretty happy being down to 0.20 grams atm. I expect to bounce around there for a while now.

Cheers

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Been quiet, I hope the microdosing journey is going well out there & by all means share some stories. How are things @NYC_Frank?

I'm still microdosing as always & having big experiences :science:.

Hi 🍁:leaf:

Thanks, all's good ... lotsa Beach days heavily saramented on my summertime Batch of Dosido's but feel I need more top shelf strains to get started on microdosing more regularly ... need to make a trip to the store soon as I'm running real low. But I do love that civilized vapman low dose high ... :spliff::peace:

LATE EDIT ... so @CANtalk ... you got me thinking 😎 ... I ground up a little of my last bud of "Black Diamond" and having a nice mid day session with my Espresso Crema Vapman 💨 ... thanks

20230902-152447.jpg

Last edited:

CANtalk

Last weekend I ended up vaping 4 bowls and a total of 0.19 grams cannabis. So far this weekend, I've only vaped two bowls & after another bowl or two today I'll end up in the 0.15 to 0.18 gram range total. Strong sativas are giving me great energy & productivity as always 👍. Pretty happy with this & getting big f/x & experiences. Have a great weekend & enjoy the microdosing adventure

CANtalk

How's microdosing going out there?

Still going great here. Last weekend, after a work week break I vaped one 0.050 gram bowl Friday late afternoon, one more bowl was all that was needed for Saturday, and then 1.5 bowls on Sunday. About 0.175 grams total. This weekend I'm on the same pace again & we'll see how Sunday goes. Since I'm not vaping many bowls, I'm selecting strong sativas for their great stimulation & energy. My favorites cannabis strains for much of the year so far includes Strawberry Cough, Durban Poison, Trainwreck & Maui Wowie. They all bring top notch euphoria :bowdown: :luv:

With such low cannabis microdosing, I have no tolerance & get big full spectrum experiences :science::freak:. I often get pretty loopy too :ko:. No way do I drive after vaping.

I've seen some notable improvement in sleep quality as well. And that's most welcome.

Great quality batches of Cannabis helps, enjoy this Strawberry Cough picture of my current batch, an ~3g nug iirc, cheers!
725q1slcdh6b1.jpg

Microdosing is still a revelation here & helps bring a great life balance
Drummer Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki
Relaxed Mad Men GIF
San Francisco Shock Chill GIF by NRG Esports & SF Shock

I just did the first 320 F low temp draw of a new 0.050 gram bowl today Sunday, it's the third day in a row doing this, and wow, it slaps :science::science:. Way stronger than I was expecting, haf at the moment. Time to set up a great r&r afternoon.

Have a great Sunday

Dustin McKief

Can someone help me with the mixing or compounding by weight formula to figure out total percentage THC? I'm feeling math-challenged and a bit daft, so please go easy on me. :D

I have been experimenting with mixing full strength (~20% average THC) with CBD flower at varying ratios. What I've found is that I prefer the effects when I add 7.5-10% full strength like so: I weigh out some CBD, then weigh out my desired percentage of the CBD's weight and mix them together. What would the resulting THC % be? Please show your work ;^)

Dustin McKief,

Trackrat

1+1 = :hmm: I use to mix 1/3 thc to 2/3 cbd. This mix would make me feel "well". If the thc was weak, then it was 1 to 1. I know, I'm no help, but I do feel " well".

Pukka

I have been experimenting with mixing full strength (~20% average THC) with CBD flower at varying ratios. What I've found is that I prefer the effects when I add 7.5-10% full strength like so: I weigh out some CBD, then weigh out my desired percentage of the CBD's weight and mix them together. What would the resulting THC % be? Please show your work ;^)
If
1 gram herb = Herb; 1 gram CBD = CB
And
Herb = .02g THC; CB = 0.0g THC
So
1 Herb + 1 CB = .01g THC

92CB and 8THC = (8 x .02) ÷ 92 = .16 ÷ 92 = 0.0017391304 gram THC per gram herb/THC blend.

Please note, I haven't had to think hard or explain how in a loooooong time so I give no/zero/zed/zip guarentee this makes any sense. Or is correct. I believe it is but ...

CANtalk

Hey, where are all the microdosers? :wave:

I'm vaping as little as I ever have & I get as high as I've ever been :love::bowdown::bowdown:
Going Crazy GIF

(I do strong sativas, so stimulating & cerebral :clap: :whip: :brow:)

TGIF here now w/. 0.050 grams & haf :science:

The plan is 0.150 - 0.180 g total vaped this weekend (& for the week). It used to be 0.35 - 0.40 grams / week a year or so ago! Fascinating to see a still-going downward trend. And it's all great, any microdosing helps to bring big highs 👍

Have a great weekend

Can someone help me with the mixing or compounding by weight formula to figure out total percentage THC? I'm feeling math-challenged and a bit daft, so please go easy on me. :D

I can't figure out what calculate from that, need more detail :shrug:... depends on how much weight of each is used!

CANtalk

To keep it simple, let’s say I weigh out 1mg of CBD, then add 10% of that weight in 20% potency THC (0.1mg).
I think ur calculations are wrong, really high, but it sounds like you hypothetically have 1mg CBD with 0.1 mg more cannabis (10%) w/ 0.02 mg THC (20% THC content). That's 1.1 mg total cannabis with 0.02 mg THC content, aka 1.82% THC content overall. Think I have it there :freak:

You will have a hard time trying to weight 0.1 mg.
What's the accuracy of your scale ?
Not actually, depends on the scale but the digital scale I purchased is one of many & inexpensive options rated to +- 0.001 grams. To be conservative, I go with +- 0.005 grams when I report / estimate. I regularly weigh out 0.025 to 0.050 grams
Sheep Thumbs GIF

:peace::leaf:

Last edited:

Radwin Bodnic

Not actually, depends on the scale but the digital scale I purchased is one of many & inexpensive options rated to +- 0.001 grams. To be conservative, I go with +- 0.005 grams when I report / estimate. I regularly weigh out 0.025 to 0.050 grams
Dustin talked about 0.1 mg

0.001 g = 1 mg. (milligram = thousandth of a gram)
So 0.1 mg = 0.0001 g

Analytical scales that goes that low costs thousands of dollars. Have a super heavy suspended frame, a windshield, needs to be calibrated every time they are moved, etc...

And Chinese scales that goes to the mg (0.001 g) and cost 20 bucks are probably not really accurate under 0.005 g.

Dustin McKief

I think ur calculations are wrong, really high, but it sounds like you hypothetically have 1mg CBD with 0.1 mg more cannabis (10%) w/ 0.02 mg THC (20% THC content). That's 1.1 mg total cannabis with 0.02 mg THC content, aka 1.82% THC content overall. Think I have it there :freak:
Thanks, that's a much lower THC percentage than I had thought! Add to that the fact that the 20% estimate is likely higher than actual (~15% less than advertised) and it's very difficult to mix a reliable, repeatable dose. I joined FC in part because I wanted to see if I could vaporize flower instead of live rosin cartridges, which I find very easy to micro dose with, but it does cause an unpleasant tickle in my throat. I've experimented with some low THCA flower (FG's assorted indoor smalls, 0-9%), but the flavor is...odd. Anyone have some tasty lower THCA strains to recommend?

Radwin is correct about my example being unrealistically small. I typically am weighing out more. I just wanted to get the basic formula down so I can dial in my preferences across batches. I do have an el cheapo scale, but it did come with a calibration weight and I am very gentle with it so hopefully it's in the neighborhood.

Dustin McKief,
Reactions: CANtalk

CANtalk

Dustin talked about 0.1 mg

0.001 g = 1 mg. (milligram = thousandth of a gram)
So 0.1 mg = 0.0001 g

Analytical scales that goes that low costs thousands of dollars. Have a super heavy suspended frame, a windshield, needs to be calibrated every time they are moved, etc...

And Chinese scales that goes to the mg (0.001 g) and cost 20 bucks are probably not really accurate under 0.005 g.
Haha good catch. I was flyin' high last night :science::lol:

Thanks, that's a much lower THC percentage than I had thought! Add to that the fact that the 20% estimate is likely higher than actual (~15% less than advertised) and it's very difficult to mix a reliable, repeatable dose. I joined FC in part because I wanted to see if I could vaporize flower instead of live rosin cartridges, which I find very easy to micro dose with, but it does cause an unpleasant tickle in my throat. I've experimented with some low THCA flower (FG's assorted indoor smalls, 0-9%), but the flavor is...odd. Anyone have some tasty lower THCA strains to recommend?

Radwin is correct about my example being unrealistically small. I typically am weighing out more. I just wanted to get the basic formula down so I can dial in my preferences across batches. I do have an el cheapo scale, but it did come with a calibration weight and I am very gentle with it so hopefully it's in the neighborhood.

Sounds great. I'd be comfortable weighing out 5 mg at a minimum w/ my inexpensive digital scale. Visually, it's a very small amount.

I regularly vape 50 mg of cannabis per bowl which can be stretched out over hrs, and go down to 25 mg at times too.

Good luck & enjoy microdosing!

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Been loving my civilized evening microdose sessions with my olive skinned Vapman (Apollonia 💜) followed by an espresso of course ☕

Just had a sieve's fill of very finely ground NYC Blueberry Danish using the Jab Jab Cross recipe 🌿😎💨... usually go with a low flame and repeat the Third Heat Cycle three times for the knockout 🥊 ... Buona sera 🇮🇹

Screenshot-20231031-154909-Reddit.jpg

Top Bottom