Micro-dosing

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Okay so end of February I took a break from thc. I did occasionally use cbd hash with sub .2% thc. I picked up some (Moroccan) thc hash earlier today and used my scale to weigh about .02 g. (My scale's reliability is less accurate at the centigram level.) I used it with .04 of my cbd hash. cbd % of the latter said to be 15.4. Thc content in the thc hash unknown.

Effects were exactly what I hoped for, lifted me over that less comfortable threshold of feeling effects but only a little. Very enjoyable and hopefully won't draw me in like higher doses do. It just got me in a good mood. Will try and use thc like this more often and in a moderate way, hopefully no more than once a day. Am hopefully stick with the microdoses.

First experience for sure shows therapeutic potential. The therapeutic effects of higher doses for me are more turned inward and suppressing, which dealing with depression there's periods that's beneficial for me. Right now fortunately I have no need for that, and with this low dose I notice the effect is more outwardly turning. Only time I successfully microdosed thc for a significant period of time, I was microdosing lsd simultaneously, but this opening effect did remind me of that.

sickmanfraud

I've spent a lot of time calculating ppm & ppb measurements over the years, and from time to time erroneously approach w/v measurements similarly. Let me fix that, a w/v measurement is literally the gram weight of a solute per (or in) 100 ml volume solution. So for example, 20% THC w/v is 20 grams THC in 100 mL. Thx @sickmanfraud for helping me fix this. Note to @rozroz as well.

When converting from mL to drops, measurements become estimates & are problematic to evaluate. I've seen 20 drops per mL used as a rough conversion estimate, but the viscosity of a liquid can significantly change the amount of drops in a mL.

If I understand your dispensary description of 20% THC being w/v, it converts into 20 g in 100 mL or 0.2 g in 1 mL (aka 200 mg in 1 mL). To get 8 mg in one drop means that your dispensary is estimating 25 drops per mL.

As for your blend, 10% THC w/v is 10 grams in 100 mL. That's 0.1 grams or 100 mg in 1 mL, and if you estimated 3.2 mg per drop then that's 31.25 drops per mL. Fwiw, I've seen some liquids estimate 30 drop per mL as well.

These calculations look ok. My alternate check here was if 120 mg CBD is in 1 mL, that's 12000 mg in 100 mL, which is aka 12 g in 100 mL. And that's equivalent to 12% CBD w/v.

As we can all see, using drops for a dosage with tinctures involves estimating the amount of drops per mL, which can vary a lot. We've already seen estimates such as 20, 25 or 31.25 drops per mL and these differences can significantly affect dosage estimates. Something to be aware of for tincture microdosers. To better confirm dosage from a tincture, one should ground truth (measure) the drops per mL of a tincture, and preferably measure across 4-5 mL to see what the average is per mL. One can also dilute a tincture so that larger volumes can be used to dose.

Nice & enjoy, I've found a scale very helpful. You can add the mini-tray & tare the scale to zero, then measure the cannabis from there (0.000). In using a scale, I've found many batches weigh significantly different (and within a batch too) due to cola / sugar leaf content, density, moisture content, batch quality, etc. Size differences can become quite visible and some batches need a lot less or more volume to reach a certain weight than others. I've some batches show half the volume for a given weight, and other batches show twice the volume.

Cheers

:peace: :leaf:

I get oil concentrated to have 10 grams per 10ml. 1 gram per ml. 20% equals 2000mg or 200mg per ml.

sickmanfraud,

Old Moderate

I get oil concentrated to have 10 grams per 10ml. 1 gram per ml. 20% equals 2000mg or 200mg per ml.
Just FYI: oil is less dense than water so 1ml of oil will weigh around 0.92g or so (at room temp, depending on the oil). Also, all droppers are not the same and so will have a different volume per drop. Should be all close enough though for what we are trying to achieve…

CANtalk

Hey, hope everyone is well and that microdosing is bringing y'all great highs.

I've been up & down in the last month & a half on dosing. Nothing new there, though it's nice to currently be dosing on the low side of low again. After a weekly break, I did one 0.050 gram bowl on Friday, top notch. Today was two 0.050 gram bowls over 8 hrs+. And the plan is for tomorrow to be one more same size bowl in the vape. 0.20 grams vaped in a week 👍. Vaping quality strong sativa flowers brings big highs & f/x.. I also find temp stepping once helps bring those things out even more.

Cheers, have a great weekend & enjoy the microdosing

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Hey, hope everyone is well and that microdosing is bringing great highs.

I've been up & down in the last month & a half on dosing. Nothing new there, though it's nice to currently be dosing on the low side of low again. After a weekly break, I did one 0.050 gram bowl on Friday, top notch. Today was two 0.050 gram bowls over 8 hrs+. And the plan is for tomorrow to be one more same size bowl in the vape. 0.20 grams vaped in a week 👍. Vaping quality strong sativa flowers brings big highs & f/x.. I also find temp stepping once helps bring those things out even more.

Cheers, have a great weekend & enjoy the microdosing

Ok ... I think i need to get into this microdosing thing a little more seriously than I have and this has been a great thread to follow. I'm considering a Father's day request to my wife and son for a premium vapman classic set in olive wood ... good choice 👌?

CANtalk

Ok ... I think i need to get into this microdosing thing a little more seriously than I have and this has been a great thread to follow. I'm considering a Father's day request to my wife and son for a premium vapman classic set in olive wood ... good choice 👌?
Do it :tup:. Less is more & as the tolerance goes down the highs go up :nod:. The Dr. Sulak videos & discussion in this thread can be very helpful for anyone starting in on microdosing, https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/micro-dosing.19915/post-1656152. And with that, it's often helpful to take your time in slowly lowering the dose amount & frequency.

I have no experience with the vapman but checked it out 👍. Don't forget the microdosing attachment option.

I get a pretty good first cloud or two microdosing, but having good cannabis batches helps... like this Acapulco Gold :brow:
gqu6kdqdp4na1.jpg

If you try microdosing more, enjoy the experience let us know how it goes :sherlock:. This thread helped me totally change my cannabis routine & relationship for the better :wave:.

Have a great weekend

PeteyS

I mostly vape in small dosages. It keeps my tolerance in check. My microdosges are typically .05-01 per session.
The only downside is that for me, it will only medicate me for a hour, and then ill have to re-dose.
Another route to take, if you don't want to dose that often, is to try thc tinctures to get a good baseline. Then re dose with flower every now and then. The tinctures get me medicated for 4 hours, but i love the flower too much to give it up.

Oil420FL

Anything taken orally, tinctures, edibles, pass through the liver where delta-9 is converted to 11-hydroxyl-THC, which supposedly is 4-5 times stronger than delta-9thc.
Yes but I'm not sure about absorption rates of the terpenes taken orally

Oil420FL,

Dustin McKief

I've been enjoying the ritual & flavors of cannabis for over 40 years, but I don't enjoy the psychological and physical effects I get from taking a single pull on today's potent THC :myday:. I did try taking tiny hits, but missed the full, satisfying vapor experience. I've had great experiences with cutting 10mg edibles into eighths (~1.25mg), but I'm not always wanting the delayed onset and long-term effects.

After reading through this thread (thank you, contributors!), I decided to try blending CBD & THC. After some experimentation, I have settled on a mix of high-quality 90% CBD with 10% of the lowest THC I can find (typically 17-19% in my area).

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I am biased about the Vapman but I would say it is a perfect choice. :nod:
Be sure to get the micro dosing sieve with it. You can load as low as 10mg and still get all what you are looking for.

Do not expect big clouds with a dose that low though...
I am digging my microdosing journey with my Father's Day Vapman and definetly use the micro dosing sieve all the time. I just press flat a small pinch of herb into the sieve and then push it down onto the bowl.

Also finding that less is for sure just as good and even better as I'm enjoying the overall experience all the more ... civilized vaping .. more slow paced and to be savored ... like prepping and pulling a great espresso shot ☕

thanks to the members of this thread for the inspiration to give microD a try and to Michael and David for their tiny piece of art from the old country

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I've been enjoying the ritual & flavors of cannabis for over 40 years, but I don't enjoy the psychological and physical effects I get from taking a single pull on today's potent THC :myday:. I did try taking tiny hits, but missed the full, satisfying vapor experience. I've had great experiences with cutting 10mg edibles into eighths (~1.25mg), but I'm not always wanting the delayed onset and long-term effects.

After reading through this thread (thank you, contributors!), I decided to try blending CBD & THC. After some experimentation, I have settled on a mix of high-quality 90% CBD with 10% of the lowest THC I can find (typically 17-19% in my area).
my advice is don't blend but find a 2:1 strain. they have 2 parts cbd to 1 part thc on the same flower but you might be able to find a 3:1 or 4:1 even. they come in different strengths but typically much weaker than reg weed by a lot, more like 70's everywhere weed and only the odd strong stuff. I've had ones 20%cbd/10%thc and as weak as 7%cbd/3.5%thc. not sure where you are or can find there, but here in Canada much cbd is hybrid and not my fav, very few pure indica strains available and fewer I like. but my favourite 2:1 was a skunk haze indica dominate strain, 2:1 10%cbd/5%thc and I loved the effects and flavour. blends can be a pain, adding the right amount cbd then enough thc getting it right and if you premix a bit to have for a bit, each bowl is a bit different so sometimes its to weak, others too strong. but 2:1 strains already contain both on the flower so theres only one thing to grind, no mixing ext. and I find the quality of the high to be really fantastic and I can find indica or sativa strains since I'm not a fan of hybrids. have a hard time finding a pure cbd I like and being shackled to it gets a bit boring or even using the right reg weed for the cbd is to much of a pain to have a good match and much prefer bouncing between several 2:1's strains instead of blending. :2c:

✌️

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
my advice is don't blend but find a 2:1 strain. they have 2 parts cbd to 1 part thc on the same flower but you might be able to find a 3:1 or 4:1 even. they come in different strengths but typically much weaker than reg weed by a lot, more like 70's everywhere weed and only the odd strong stuff. I've had ones 20%cbd/10%thc and as weak as 7%cbd/3.5%thc. not sure where you are or can find there, but here in Canada much cbd is hybrid and not my fav, very few pure indica strains available and fewer I like. but my favourite 2:1 was a skunk haze indica dominate strain, 2:1 10%cbd/5%thc and I loved the effects and flavour. blends can be a pain, adding the right amount cbd then enough thc getting it right and if you premix a bit to have for a bit, each bowl is a bit different so sometimes its to weak, others too strong. but 2:1 strains already contain both on the flower so theres only one thing to grind, no mixing ext. and I find the quality of the high to be really fantastic and I can find indica or sativa strains since I'm not a fan of hybrids. have a hard time finding a pure cbd I like and being shackled to it gets a bit boring or even using the right reg weed for the cbd is to much of a pain to have a good match and much prefer bouncing between several 2:1's strains instead of blending. :2c:
Type 2 flower is about all I'm rocking these days-- the total cannabinoid percentage can hit between 10-20%, but that's of combined THC and CBD, which is usually in a 5:1 CBD:THC ratio or higher. I have about 1/8th tsp usually, which is just about .01g.

I use the Ddave measuring spoons for micro-dosing and have generated the following table based on weighing each measure a few times and averaging. Note that the measure of THC listed is for 20% THC cannabis, what I've seen as roughly dispensary average on the recreational side (judging from the PNW and MA markets) and that T2 flower will be less.
This is total mg in the material, not what's bioavailable-- that's a whole other oven of bud that's varies across a lot of factors (mostly vape efficiency).

MeasureLoosely packed, medium ground weightMiligrams THC in 20% cannabis
¼ teaspoon.07-.09g (70-90mg)14-18mg
⅛ teaspoon.03-.056-10mg
1/16 teaspoon.01-.0252-5mg
1/32 teaspoon.005-.11-2.5mg
1/64 teaspoon.0025-.005.5-1mg

Last edited:

Bad Dog

yep that's my post...... do you have a question or something? or differant point of view to share?

✌️

Bad Dog,
Reactions: DrJynx86

Bad Dog

Added some actual content to my post above-- no offense meant.
none taken at all everyones opinion is welcome here, few thing in life are ever a true consensus, seems even more so with cannabis users, and even more for vapers because we tend too be the pickiest lol my opinion is far from conclusive or best, just mine. if someone else shares it that's cool and if they do something different , that's cool to 😎.

I almost didn't see your edit. so long as you don't post back to back you can post in the same tread all you want, just have to wait till someone else posts or wait 6 hours and you can back to back post, the edit option disappears when enough time passes. people you want to see the edit might miss it cause when you click on a thread it takes you to where you left off, so I almost missed it, tags also don't send notifications to who you tagged in quotes or at least they didn't before, or edit in quotes at all.

that's a very comprehensive chart 👍 glad micro dosing is working well for you and hope you enjoying the journey 😄

my prob with mixing blends is often dose, some times I wanted a big bowl, others a small quick hit. always having to micromanage every aspect was a bit of a pain and even with measuring/weighing a nug can very a good bit in strength depending if it was from the outside and crystals fell off or a protected area inside and in small bowls it can make for a inconsistent high for medicating imo. 2:1 gave me more consistent dosing and was much better for me. these days I'm mostly edibles and vape 1-2 times a week at most. and edibles and micro dosing is a whole other rabbit hole to go down lol my fave is high oleic sunflower oil carrier base oils, nothing else compares to me 👍

✌️

DrJynx86

Thanks for the last batch of messages, very informative.

Seems like my half Arizer SOLO stems are holding around 12 mg with the cannabis I grow, I don't know the THC contents but they are good strains as OG Kush and I have breeded my own and potency doesn't seem to go low with crosses (but not high either).

DrJynx86,
Reactions: Bad Dog

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
Glad you like it! I use that table as a reference point for the plausible maximum could possibly extract from any given amount of material, as a quick reality check.

I feel like I remember reading the Solo operates at about 60% efficiency for converting THC in the material to be bioavailable, so you'd multiply that max potential MG by .6 to get a more realistic look at what your device might be outputting.

jbm

Type 2 flower is about all I'm rocking these days-- the total cannabinoid percentage can hit between 10-20%, but that's of combined THC and CBD, which is usually in a 5:1 CBD:THC ratio or higher. I have about 1/8th tsp usually, which is just about .01g.
Yeah, I just got a bunch of a type 2 strain called Ada's Code from Hoku. Great clearheaded high, been vaping small amounts in the Toad or a Vapman. This one is available to non-members. Quarter ounce for 30 bucks. Highly (hah) recommend.

DrJynx86

Glad you like it! I use that table as a reference point for the plausible maximum could possibly extract from any given amount of material, as a quick reality check.

I feel like I remember reading the Solo operates at about 60% efficiency for converting THC in the material to be bioavailable, so you'd multiply that max potential MG by .6 to get a more realistic look at what your device might be outputting.
This study gives the SOLO 82% plus/minus 6% and compares to other very known models, it's very efficient extracting in my experience, the AVB content in my ABV is very low, and there is a lot left on the stems.

DrJynx86,

Bad Dog

Thanks for the last batch of messages, very informative.

Seems like my half Arizer SOLO stems are holding around 12 mg with the cannabis I grow, I don't know the THC contents but they are good strains as OG Kush and I have breeded my own and potency doesn't seem to go low with crosses (but not high either).
there are places you can send your weed to be tested and products to buy that test, though last I looked they were pricy. but here in Ontario the vape shop Vaporific offered testing services at a reasonable price. they seem to be rebranding the store https://chosty.ca , I can't find the testing service on the site but anyone in Ontario with homegrown and want to know the strength might want to send a email and ask if they still do that

✌️

Bad Dog,
Reactions: DrJynx86

DrJynx86

there are places you can send your weed to be tested and products to buy that test, though last I looked they were pricy. but here in Ontario the vape shop Vaporific offered testing services at a reasonable price. they seem to be rebranding the store https://chosty.ca , I can't find the testing service on the site but anyone in Ontario with homegrown and want to know the strength might want to send a email and ask if they still do that

✌️
I wish I was there.. in my country there is just some startups doing analysis and it's still very outlawed, but I would love to have a professional grade analysis of my home grown cannabis for sure, I have seen they test for so much stuff including pesticides parts per million, mold, etc. not only the classic spectrometer analysis and % of cannabinoids.

There are some cheap-ish gadgets that do the analysis now, I'm looking forward to getting one of those for sure, I'm still researching how accurate are they.

Top Bottom