Micro-dosing

rozroz

can someone help regarding edibles for microdosing?
it's my first time trying to switch from vaping (mostly to be more discreet and efficient)
in my country i can only get one type of reliable edible as a round soft fruit candy or something.
it contains 100ml of oil, supposed to be quality stuff but no other info.
anyway, how would you suggest i "micro-eat" it?
by the amount of oil used, how small a piece i should cut?

tnx!

GoldenBud

it's my first time trying to switch from vaping (mostly to be more discreet and efficient)
in my country i can only get one type of reliable edible as a round soft fruit candy or something.

tnx!
Do you have a Ninja oven or so that is reliable? You can Decarb herbs for edibles
0.3gr of "top shelf" herb contains around 100mg of THC after decarbing

Try maybe 0.15gr in some aluminum "cupcake" with lid with holes or so, temp of 120c for 40 minutes, try it

Microdosing of edibles is less than 100mg THC. Around 50mg or so maybe

GoldenBud,
Reactions: rozroz

CANtalk

Good reads, nice to see the discussion and posts here.

The microdosing journey continues here, I hope everyone is well :clap:. Been some months now since my last post, I again increased my cannabis intake around Christmas holiays & through New Years (past it a couple weeks too). I probably doubled my intake from 0.30 grams per week to 0.60 grams per week. I did stick to the routine of weekend vaping & Monday to Thursday breaks except for 3 or so days. Over this time, I kept the same bowl size (0.050 grams) but vaped many more bowls. I did test out a larger bowl and it was too much to comfortably handle. And I found that this higher holiday cannabis use resulted in me greening out ~30-40% of the time (in the evening).

I picked up a bunch of new batches of quality fresh potent cannabis in December and for the first time in over a year. Much of my cannabis is even older than that and in the 1-2 year age range. And the new batches are significantly stronger with more full spectrum f/x than my old batches. Very potent :science:. This new stuff and the holidays are why I haven't posted much here in the last 5-6 months or so... been very high on the weekends and that's when I visit FC. Too high to be able to post well or efficiently :razz:.

After the holidays I began to lower my tolerance back to normal, and within three weeks I was back to vaping a single bowl on Friday again with great results :rockon:. The next few weeks after that, I did bump up my Friday cannabis intake a little again (to optimize the experience), but for the last 3-4 weeks I've been able to repeatedly enjoy a single bowl on Fridays :luv:. The high has gotten better every day, and I'm not greening out like I was before.

Here's the current routine I've been aiming for and doing , 0.050 gram size bowls and one bowl on Friday, 1-2 bowls on Saturday & two bowls on Sunday. Then a vaping break from Monday through Thursday :sherlock:. I stretch that Friday bowl out for hours by doing three sessions & temp stepping :luv:. Sometimes I'm successful doing the same thing and only having one bowl again on Saturday, otherwise it's not as stretched out time-wise and I vape another bowl. Same things on Sunday. I'm hoping to slowly string together an extended cannabis intake of 0.20 grams per weekend or so. I've come close & the highs are as good as they've been in the last quarter, and better than when vaping the older batches. Greening out is much less of an issue too.

Saturday I vaped switched from one to two 0.050 gram bowls of cannabis for the first time in three weeks and I damn near greened out around 9 pm :o :lol:. Crazy. Got to bed early and slept well :).

Anyway, hope some people find all this microdosing talk helpful. It was very inspirational to me years back and I'm trying to pay it forward.

tnx!
Unless you know the amount of THC they put in the oil, it's a big guess. I'd try to microdose based on the weight and the strength of the f/x you get... if 100 ml is close to 100 grams for example, I'd split it up into 10 servings and then trying one serving at a time. If 100 ml is like 50 grams, then I'd do something like 5 servings. And remember, it can take 2+ hrs to begin to feel something after a serving, especially if your stomach isn't empty. Try that, see how it goes, rate it and then adjust the dose up or down from there.

Microdosing edibles is a way less amount. If vaping 0.050 grams cannabis is generally considered microdosing, and we go w/ a 20% avg THC content that would come out to 7 mg of THC in doing edibles (0.007 grams) [assuming a 30% loss of THC / cannabinoids; I've seen the literature show a range of loss from vaping from 30-40% or more in vaping. Personally I think 40% loss is a better estimate, making the edible dose equivalent 6 mg :o. In Canada, the maximum legal edible dose is 10 mg per piece.

Still high here today, so sorry for any spelling / grammar issues :razz:

Enjoy the microdosing routine everyone & have a great weekend

:peace: :leaf:

rozroz

Unless you know the amount of THC they put in the oil, it's a big guess. I'd try to microdose based on the weight and the strength of the f/x you get... if 100 ml is close to 100 grams for example, I'd split it up into 10 servings and then trying one serving at a time. If 100 ml is like 50 grams, then I'd do something like 5 servings. And remember, it can take 2+ hrs to begin to feel something after a serving, especially if your stomach isn't empty. Try that, see how it goes, rate it and then adjust the dose up or down from there.
thanks. so can i ask a little more noob stuff? :D

in general, how long one micro-edible serving f/x lasts on average?
and just to be more precise, what to expect when taken on empty/full stomach?
also what about eating while in effect? does it wear off more quickly?

so about the servings: let's just assume this candy has 100mg of average amount of THC,
and you suggest to cut it to 10 servings, should i really take around 10mg for a micro dose?
i thought is should be way less per serving..

sickmanfraud

Do you have a Ninja oven or so that is reliable? You can Decarb herbs for edibles
0.3gr of "top shelf" herb contains around 100mg of THC after decarbing

Try maybe 0.15gr in some aluminum "cupcake" with lid with holes or so, temp of 120c for 40 minutes, try it

I don't agree with your assumptions. If you have cannabis at 20% THC to get 100mg you need over 1/2 gram! Also, while there may potentially be 100mg THC in 1/2 gram the conversion of THCA to THC is not 100% closer to 87%.

@rozroz the best way I have found to microdose is via a green dragon tincture. The best instructions for making a batch of GD is to be found here: https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/another-tincture-thread-try-it-youll-like-it.1102315/

I have been following the instructions in this thread for over 10 years, with excellent results. Don't get nervous by the length of the thread. Read the first post and follow the index at the bottom of the first post.

good luck

GoldenBud

I don't agree with your assumptions. If you have cannabis at 20% THC to get 100mg you need over 1/2 gram! Also, while there may potentially be 100mg THC in 1/2 gram the conversion of THCA to THC is not 100% closer to 87%.
In the last 2yrs mostly I've had weed that is more likely 30% and not 20%, but I meant that Hydro-11-THC is stronger than Delta 9 THC, so 0.15gr still can be strong but yes you're correct. most herb may be 20% and I am just guessing it's 30% because how it looks like

ofc I had no weed in the last 41 days but I am saving for the future hehe

maybe rozroz should start from 0.1gr or less doses, decarbed in the oven or green dragon as you suggested.

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Oil420FL

Old Moderate

so about the servings: let's just assume this candy has 100mg of average amount of THC,
and you suggest to cut it to 10 servings, should i really take around 10mg for a micro dose?
My standard dose is 2.5 mg in an edible. This is like a nice buzz that last like 5 hrs or more for me. If taken on an empty stomach it comes on faster and stronger but doesn’t last as long. I also like to vape a bowl (usually equivalent to 0.025g of 20% bud) at the same time I eat the edible. Then I get the effects started right away and for me these amounts blend into a high that just keeps going. Maybe 6hrs or so later I might go for another bowl as a bump. I suggest adjusting the above to your tolerance. So if you are normally a 0.05g bowl type of person then start with a 5mg edible. If 0.1g is what it takes to get you where you need in vape form, then start with 10mg as an edible.

CANtalk

My standard dose is 2.5 mg in an edible. This is like a nice buzz that last like 5 hrs or more for me. If taken on an empty stomach it comes on faster and stronger but doesn’t last as long. I also like to vape a bowl (usually equivalent to 0.025g of 20% bud) at the same time I eat the edible. Then I get the effects started right away and for me these amounts blend into a high that just keeps going. Maybe 6hrs or so later I might go for another bowl as a bump. I suggest adjusting the above to your tolerance. So if you are normally a 0.05g bowl type of person then start with a 5mg edible. If 0.1g is what it takes to get you where you need in vape form, then start with 10mg as an edible.
@rozroz, we're happy to help! I agree w/ @Old Moderate that a 5mg serving is a good starting dose to see how small dose cannabis edibles affect you. Adjust the dose up or down from there after the first experience to dial in your preference. 2.5-10 mg edible experiences on an empty stomach can last a while and everyone is different, it may range from a few hours up to 6 hrs before dissipating. See where you end up on that time spectrum. Absorption & digestion will be slower with other food in the stomach, so on a full stomach the experience will be slower to take off and usually lasts longer. But the peak of the high / experience may not be as strong either when mixing edibles with other foods. Everyone is different in how cannabis effects them and while vaping is a big experience for me, edibles are not unfortunately. OTOH, edibles are even stronger than vaping for many people (from the cannabinoid first pass effect / metabolism and biotransformation).

I recommend splitting an assumed 100 mg candy into 10 servings, then split 1 of those servings in half again and start with one of those small ones. If you like the small dose you can continue halving those other 10 mg servings. And taking notes of your edible routine & experiences will really help you track, figure out & optimize your own personal cannabis use (keep track of the date & time taken <which allows you to see how frequency & repetition affects the experience>, the amount / dose taken, the time since last eating food & if it was a big or light meal, how long it takes for the effects to begin, how strong the effects get on a scale of 1-10, and how long the experience lasts). Use a notepad or a notebook. If you build up this information over time, you'll be able to refine your enjoyment & practice a more healthy relationship to cannabis.

Fwiw and please note, microdosing is not the same in the cannabis community as the pyschedelic microdosing community where they don't want to trip (have significant psychedelic f/x). Cannabis microdosers still want lots of effects, but they don't want to blow out their tolerance or needlessly overuse. If you want low effects from cannabis edibles, use even lower amounts, try 1-2 mg for example.

Hope that helps. Let us know of any further questions and keep us in the loop here if you want. Good luck & enjoy.

rozroz

@rozroz, we're happy to help! I agree w/ @Old Moderate that a 5mg serving is a good starting dose to see how small dose cannabis edibles affect you. Adjust the dose up or down from there after the first experience to dial in your preference. 2.5-10 mg edible experiences on an empty stomach can last a while and everyone is different, it may range from a few hours up to 6 hrs before dissipating. See where you end up on that time spectrum. Absorption & digestion will be slower with other food in the stomach, so on a full stomach the experience will be slower to take off and usually lasts longer. But the peak of the high / experience may not be as strong either when mixing edibles with other foods. Everyone is different in how cannabis effects them and while vaping is a big experience for me, edibles are not unfortunately. OTOH, edibles are even stronger than vaping for many people (from the cannabinoid first pass effect / metabolism and biotransformation).

I recommend splitting an assumed 100 mg candy into 10 servings, then split 1 of those servings in half again and start with one of those small ones. If you like the small dose you can continue halving those other 10 mg servings. And taking notes of your edible routine & experiences will really help you track, figure out & optimize your own personal cannabis use (keep track of the date & time taken <which allows you to see how frequency & repetition affects the experience>, the amount / dose taken, the time since last eating food & if it was a big or light meal, how long it takes for the effects to begin, how strong the effects get on a scale of 1-10, and how long the experience lasts). Use a notepad or a notebook. If you build up this information over time, you'll be able to refine your enjoyment & practice a more healthy relationship to cannabis.

Fwiw and please note, microdosing is not the same in the cannabis community as the pyschedelic microdosing community where they don't want to trip (have significant psychedelic f/x). Cannabis microdosers still want lots of effects, but they don't want to blow out their tolerance or needlessly overuse. If you want low effects from cannabis edibles, use even lower amounts, try 1-2 mg for example.

Hope that helps. Let us know of any further questions and keep us in the loop here if you want. Good luck & enjoy.

thanks!
i am already used to microdosing during work hours just to be more clam and creative, i tend to have a very low amount (as low as possible) on 370f, that's enough for me for a couple of hours. sometimes a second bowl.
so translating that more or less to edibles= ?
i guess i better have less than 5mg

and to add another way: i might be able to get a 20% THC and a 20% CBD oils, instead of that candy.
how would you suggest mixing these 2 to create myself a half/half microdose droplet?
(i'm totally new to oils and edibles, sorry)

CANtalk

thanks!
i am already used to microdosing during work hours just to be more clam and creative, i tend to have a very low amount (as low as possible) on 370f, that's enough for me for a couple of hours. sometimes a second bowl.
so translating that more or less to edibles= ?
i guess i better have less than 5mg

and to add another way: i might be able to get a 20% THC and a 20% CBD oils, instead of that candy.
how would you suggest mixing these 2 to create myself a half/half microdose droplet?
(i'm totally new to oils and edibles, sorry)
A <5mg dose is a good place to start for your wants w/ edibles. Have you weighed out what you microdose vape? And any idea on the THC content of what you are vaping? All that will help to estimate what dose your vaping, which can then be used to convert to an estimated edibles dose.

Oils & tinctures are another option... are the 20% THC & CBD oils each describing their estimated content? E.g., using a w/v measurement (weight by volume), that would mean a 20% w/v THC or CBD oil / tincture contains 20mg of THC / CBD per 100ml of oil / tincture. Thus, for example that equates to a 2 mg dose of THC in 10 ml of oil / tincture, and the same thing for CBD (2 mg in 10 ml of oil / tincture, since it's also a 20% mix). If you want to mix those two 10 ml samples together, you end up with 20 ml total of oil/tincture with 2 mg of THC & 2 mg CBD in it. All these are simple math calculations based on the reported THC & CBD content of an oil / tincture. Adjust amounts of oil / tincture up or down to adjust the dose of THC or CBD and then mix together in whatever ratio you want. For example again, a 20% w/v THC or CBD oil / tincture is a 1:5 ratio, so 1 mg THC/CBD is in 5 ml oil/tincture, 2 mg THC/CBD is in 10 ml oil/tincture, 3 mg THC/CBD is in 15 ml oil/tincture, 5 mg THC/CBD is in 25 ml oil/tincture, etc. Since they're different oils in your case, you measure them out separately to get the dose you want, and them combine them together and ingest.

You can similarly cut down the candy into smaller doses, though unless you know how much THC or CBD was put into it, you won't know the precise dose. Instead, you'll have to adjust your dose by how the experience goes. Knowing the amount of THC in edibles / oils / tinctures can help you figure out how much your are dosing, and that's nice if you are switching up what you are using and want to maintain the same dose overall.

Last edited:

rozroz

well, so i somehow managed to get me a 10/10 oil (10ml) , i try taking a drop or two at morning for a few days to see if i feel anything..
i think it's just makes me less edgy and calmer, perhaps a bit happier (lol). which is what i want.

btw-
this is what i consider microdose amount.. probably 0.001 or so (:)):

IMG-9658.jpg

and this definitely gives me a minimal buzz at 370f, so i guess i use the drops more or less equally
i should also remind that one deep inhale is enough.. 2 inhales sometimes go into a little "high"

Last edited:
rozroz,
Reactions: CANtalk

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

If I vape 0.1g and only .03 is THC (the rest is CBD from one of the online shops recommended here ) does that constitute as micro-dosing or am I just kidding myself?
Ever since @Jill NYC posted this (and I hastily shared my 2 cents) this question popped up in my mind from time to time. The possible negation of microdosing, which I previously didn't take into account, would be the effect of the higher dose of cbd on the endocannabinoid system and its similarities compared to (similarly higher doses of) thc.

I did some cursory googling and found some info on this.

Wrt thc and tolerance buildup:

Cannabinoid CB1 receptors (CB1Rs) are expressed throughout the brain and mediate the central effects of cannabinoids, including Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main psychoactive constituent of marijuana. Repeated THC administration produces tolerance to cannabinoid-mediated effects, although the magnitude of tolerance varies by effect.
Source

And:

Tolerance develops rapidly to cannabis, cannabinoids, and related drugs acting at the CB1 cannabinoid receptor. However, little is known about what happens to the receptor as tolerance is developing. In this study, we have found that CB1 receptors are rapidly internalized following agonist binding and receptor activation.

Source

Wrt cbd:

Unlike Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD does not act through the cannabinoid type 1 (CB1) receptor

Source

Disclaimer: I hated philosophy of science so I'm not the best judge on this type of research papers.

Old Moderate

well, so i somehow managed to get me a 10/10 oil (10ml) , i try taking a drop or two at morning for a few days to see if i feel anything..
i think it's just makes me less edgy and calmer, perhaps a bit happier (lol). which is what i want.

btw-

IMG-9658.jpg

and this definitely gives me a minimal buzz at 370f, so i guess i use the drops more or less equally
i should also remind that one deep inhale is enough.. 2 inhales sometimes go into a little "high"
I suspect your balance does not register until some minimum amount (many do this in the non-lab market). What you have pictured is certainly over 1 mg (0.001 g). If forced to guess I’d say it is like 50mg (0.050g) or close there about. That is what I think would fit with a moderate tight pack in a half-bowl dynavap (B or with a half-bowl converter). Try weighing out five or ten doses and you should get a number on the scale.

CANtalk

btw-

IMG-9658.jpg

Good luck with the oil and let us know how it goes. That picture of your scale weigh looks off, there seems to be a fair amount of cannabis without any measured weight. Maybe your scale isn't doing a good job of weighing out small amounts near 0 grams. Is your cannabis dry or stored with moisture support? I've weighed out and vaped 0.0125 grams before (moisture stored) and it looked to be significantly less than that amount. Fwiw, 0.0125 grams vaped still brought me a significant high.

To test the accuracy of your scale near 0 grams, you could weigh out a grind like that as you always do (w/ similar results), then take cannabis off the scale & put something on the scale that's about half way to the scale's weight limit, leave it on and tare the scale, then add that previously weighed grind again and see if the scale registers a significant weight difference.

Ever since @Jill NYC posted this (and I hastily shared my 2 cents) this question popped up in my mind from time to time. The possible negation of microdosing, which I previously didn't take into account, would be the effect of the higher dose of cbd on the endocannabinoid system and its similarities compared to (similarly higher doses of) thc.
I did a quick read on the topic and to me it seems the simplest way to approach this is that vaping 0.030 grams of THC cannabis is microdosing, but the 0.070 grams CBD cannabis is not microdosing. THC & CBD work on the endocannabinoid system differently and produce different f/x, but our detailed knowledge in this area is still pretty limited. There are some very knowledgeable FC members on this topic and the science, maybe we'll hear more. Am open to discussion.

And fwiw, while vaping 0.03 grams of regular (THC) cannabis is considered to be a microdose by the community, doing it three or more times a day is not really going to be microdosing any longer. This issue further manifests itself when vaping regularly without breaks. Regardless, I don't want to focus too much on these semantics and dissuade anyone who may want to try to use less cannabis. Less is more and that's always a good thing, worthy of pursuit & better / more healthy.

Last edited:

rozroz

Good luck with the oil and let us know how it goes. That picture of your scale weigh looks off, there seems to be a fair amount of cannabis without any measured weight. Maybe your scale isn't doing a good job of weighing out small amounts near 0 grams. Is your cannabis dry or stored with moisture support? I've weighed out and vaped 0.0125 grams before (moisture stored) and it looked to be significantly less than that amount. Fwiw, 0.0125 grams vaped still brought me a significant high.

To test the accuracy of your scale near 0 grams, you could weigh out a grind like that as you always do (w/ similar results), then take cannabis off the scale & put something on the scale that's about half way to the scale's weight limit, leave it on and tare the scale, then add that previously weighed grind again and see if the scale registers a significant weight difference.

I did a quick read on the topic and to me it seems the simplest way to approach this is that vaping 0.030 grams of THC cannabis is microdosing, but the 0.070 grams CBD cannabis is not microdosing. THC & CBD work on the endocannabinoid system differently and produce different f/x, but our detailed knowledge in this area is still pretty limited. There are some very knowledgeable FC members on this topic and the science, maybe we'll hear more. Am open to discussion.

And fwiw, while vaping 0.03 grams of regular (THC) cannabis is considered to be a microdose by the community, doing it three or more times a day is not really going to be microdosing any longer. This issue further manifests itself when vaping regularly without breaks. Regardless, I don't want to focus too much on these semantics and dissuade anyone who may want to try to use less cannabis. Less is more and that's always a good thing, worthy of pursuit & better / more healthy.

thanks!
well that scale is very small and the picture is pretty up close so it's still a tiny pinch.
but i'll try that tare trick on the scale maybe it will change something.

about that different high with thc/cbd, how is it different when we consider a microdose?
as i said, if it's not placebo effect, when i do one drop of oil (around 8mg) i can feel more at ease, less edgy, and perhaps a delicate buzz.

when i do the herb microdose (average thc not a strong one) with one inhale at 370f, i feel a definite stronger buzz, almost a high..

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

thanks!
well that scale is very small and the picture is pretty up close so it's still a tiny pinch.

about that different high with thc/cbd, how is it different when we consider a microdose?
as i said, if it's not placebo effect, when i do one drop of oil (around 8mg) i can feel more at ease, less edgy, and perhaps a delicate buzz.

when i do the herb microdose (average thc not a strong one) with one inhale at 370f, i feel a definite stronger buzz, almost a high..
Not sure if I understand your question correctly but inhalation is one of the faster acting routes of administration. It will have a more rapid onset than the sublingual route I assume you use for the drops. This more rapid onset can affect the experience.

Also bioavailability with the respective amounts that constitute a microdose in a drop and in an inhalation have never really been compared afaik and I doubt if it's even possible to measure, and to complicate things it will probably differ from one individual to another as well.

CANtalk

thanks!

I'll try to get a picture of 0.0125 or so grams of my cannabis this weekend to compare.

Not sure I understand your question either, but it's difficult to describe what the f/x from microdosing cannabis should be with so many variables including personal sensitivities. Again, in the cannabis community it's not like psychedelic microdosing where the goal is subthreshold f/x. I get much higher microdosing cannabis with my low tolerance & regular breaks than people who take cannabis daily and at higher amounts. Look more towards dialing your cannabis intake / dosing / routine with an eye on the f/x you get and want to get when doing that. And keep in mind that cannabis tolerance is a big issue that affects everyone, and it varies a lot depending on how much cannabis one uses and how often. In my routine, with the first use after a weekly break I get very high from single draw on a 0.050 gram bowl vaped at 320 F. Big impairment. Lowering it to 0.040 grams per bowl doesn't change things much either. By the third day in a row the same amount of vaped cannabis at the end of the day doesn't do near as much. Daily users would again feel much less.

rozroz

Not sure I understand your question either, but it's difficult to describe what the f/x from microdosing cannabis should be with so many variables including personal sensitivities.

i meant what is the difference between microdosing with 1/2 amount CBD,
compared to microdosing THC only.. (oil)
of course edible vs Vape is a different experience.

rozroz,

CANtalk

i meant what is the difference between microdosing with 1/2 amount CBD,
compared to microdosing THC only.. (oil)
of course edible vs Vape is a different experience.
There are a number of people mixing CBD & regular THC cannabis and there's no reason to think the results should be different from microdosing as described in this thread. I've only tried CBD a few times and don't have much direct anecdotal experience to share.

Check out the CBD and regular THC cannabis topics on this forum, like this. There are a lot of variables as well that can affect the experience.
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/some-info-on-thc-cbd-cbn-effects.3022/
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cbd-thc-less-high.52381/

Lots of reading on the internet too (search mixing cbd and THC cannabis)
https://www.healthline.com/health/the-entourage-effect
https://greenunicornfarms.com/blog/cbd-thc-mixing-guide/

Last edited:

CANtalk

9bn4lhawniia1.jpg

I'd love to hear more from all levels of microdosers :wave:. Don't be shy if your not that low in the microdose, it's a journey. While there aren't many of us in the 0.050 gram microdose range, I've seen lots of members vaping around 0.10 grams. And that's a low low amount compared to many macro users :tup:.

I went back in my history in this thread, it's a blast & a trip down memory lane :clap: :rockon:. I first posted in 2019 after near 9 months of silence in this thread, and I was dosing in the supposed 0.15 gram range per bowl (the 0.3 gram range per day). I saw a post by you @rozroz way back then too, cheers! I didn't have a scale yet either when I began posting about microdosing :) :lol:. Back then, I was just happy that I had lowered my intake to about 1/5th of what I use to normally vape after 3-6 months. Don't let the lack of a scale hold anyone back from posting here if interested in microdosing :nod:. But I do recommend getting one. I picked a mg scale up 6-8 months later and it revealed further revelations (had been overestimating the eyeball weight and found lots of variability). It's very helpful, inexpensive & a must have imo. This microdosing thread has kept going since that lull, which is great to see but it was even more popular before then. 62 pages of people discovering microdosing since 2015 is very cool thing.

In the early days of sharing my microdosing in this thread @letter never sent, @joner, @biohacker & others were very inspirational, thx! Still microdosing @howie105? Haven't seen some of you around here in a while, hope all is well.

@rozroz, here's a picture of 0.012 grams fresh ground mason jar moisture pack stored quality cannabis on my scale for comparison, hope it helps. I tried to lay the ground cannabis out flat, and the round looking piece is two leaves. I looked your scale up and it's definitely smaller than mine, including the size of the weigh platter, maybe 1/3rd or so less. I call this a medium grind & none of it was particularly large sugar leaf either. I think looking at the pistils in each picture are a good reference for sizing & to see how the amounts compare in each sample.
5y1s23o1jisa1.jpg

I'm on 0.050 grams of Durban Poison atm, TGIF & the first vape after a work week break. One draw lasted me almost 4 hrs & I'm haf again after the second low temp draw :science:. Sorry for any spelling / grammar issues :razz:.

Enjoy the microdosing experience everyone & have a great Easter long weekend

Last edited:

howie105

9bn4lhawniia1.jpg

I'd love to hear more from all levels of microdosers :wave:. Don't be shy if your not that low in the microdose, it's a journey. While there aren't many of us in the 0.050 gram microdose range, I've seen lots of members vaping around 0.10 grams. And that's a low low amount compared to many macro users :tup:.

I went back in my history in this thread, it's a blast & a trip down memory lane :clap: :rockon:. I first posted in 2019 after near 9 months of silence in this thread, and I was dosing in the supposed 0.15 gram range per bowl (the 0.3 gram range per day). I saw a post by you @rozroz way back then too, cheers! I didn't have a scale yet either when I began posting about microdosing :) :lol:. Back then, I was just happy that I had lowered my intake to about 1/5th of what I use to normally vape after 3-6 months. Don't let the lack of a scale hold anyone back from posting here if interested in microdosing :nod:. But I do recommend getting one. I picked a mg scale up 6-8 months later and it revealed further revelations (had been overestimating the eyeball weight and found lots of variability). It's very helpful, inexpensive & a must have imo. This microdosing thread has kept going since that lull, which is great to see but it was even more popular before then. 62 pages of people discovering microdosing since 2015 is very cool thing.

In the early days of sharing my microdosing in this thread @letter never sent, @joner, @biohacker & others were very inspirational, thx! Still microdosing @howie105? Haven't seen some of you around here in a while, hope all is well.

@rozroz, here's a picture of 0.012 grams fresh ground mason jar moisture pack stored quality cannabis on my scale for comparison, hope it helps. I tried to lay the ground cannabis out flat, and the round looking piece is two leaves. I looked your scale up and it's definitely smaller than mine, including the size of the weigh platter, maybe 1/3rd or so less. I call this a medium grind & none of it was particularly large sugar leaf either. I think looking at the pistils in each picture are a good reference for sizing & to see how the amounts compare in each sample.
5y1s23o1jisa1.jpg

I'm on 0.050 grams of Durban Poison atm, TGIF & the first vape after a work week break. One draw lasted me almost 4 hrs & I'm haf again after the second low temp draw :science:. Sorry for any spelling / grammar issues :razz:.

Enjoy the microdosing experience everyone & have a great Easter long weekend

Hello CANtalk, I have been trying to smooth out the temperature fluctuations in a PID driven Elev8r. I can do .03 g loads OK, but below that temperature fluctuations are a pain. I am also looking for a new bowl arrangement.

sickmanfraud

are the 20% THC & CBD oils each describing their estimated content? E.g., using a w/v measurement (weight by volume), that would mean a 20% w/v THC or CBD oil / tincture contains 20mg of THC / CBD per 100ml of oil / tincture.

Admittedly, I am currently on a much higher dose of cannabis than you guys, but I think you need to check your math,

I get 20% CBD oils all the time and I have been making my own tinctures and RSO-type capsules as well.

10 grams of 20% THC cannabis equals 2 grams of THC.

According to the label of my dispensary oil, 20% equals about 8 mg per drop.

My label on my "blend" of 10% THC and 10% CBD oil says each drop is equal to 3.2 mg THC and 3.2mg CBD

sickmanfraud,

GoldenBud

Admittedly, I am currently on a much higher dose of cannabis than you guys, but I think you need to check your math,

I get 20% CBD oils all the time and I have been making my own tinctures and RSO-type capsules as well.

My label on my "blend" of 10% THC and 10% CBD oil says each drop is equal to 3.2 mg THC and 3.2mg CBD
the confusion is when our brain wants to mix volume units with mass units (ml is a volume unit, mg is a mass unit, pretty sure you and @CANtalk know this already)

they don't tell you the total volume on the label/package, just the mass. 10gr of total cannabis or so, so 20% is as we know.. 2gr
they don't say the total volume in ml or so just to avoid confusion..i think..
so let's take 20% CBD 1% THC:

i think 1ml = 20 drops
1 drop = 6mg CBD (i read from an internet label)
20 drops = 120mg CBD = 1ml
we know there's total 2000mg CBD
so:
2000mg CBD/120mg CBD = 16.67
16.67ml total in that bottle of 20% CBD (10gr cannabis in some 16.67ml of oil)
*THC is 1% and I didn't add this to the calculations

(2/16.67*100) = 12% [gr/ml] w/v CBD

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

darkstar72

Don't let the lack of a scale hold anyone back from posting here if interested in microdosing :nod:. But I do recommend getting one.
So I got a scale. It arrived today and I think it'll be a good tool. I'd say it's accurate to the .001 gram. It calibrated quick. Then from a start I added the 1.5 gram plastic mini-tray it comes with and then .021 grams of ground flower. Good to know what .02 grams looks like. I plan to measure to keep tabs on things.

CANtalk

I've spent a lot of time calculating ppm & ppb measurements over the years, and from time to time erroneously approach w/v measurements similarly. Let me fix that, a w/v measurement is literally the gram weight of a solute per (or in) 100 ml volume solution. So for example, 20% THC w/v is 20 grams THC in 100 mL. Thx @sickmanfraud for helping me fix this. Note to @rozroz as well.

When converting from mL to drops, measurements become estimates & are problematic to evaluate. I've seen 20 drops per mL used as a rough conversion estimate, but the viscosity of a liquid can significantly change the amount of drops in a mL.

If I understand your dispensary description of 20% THC being w/v, it converts into 20 g in 100 mL or 0.2 g in 1 mL (aka 200 mg in 1 mL). To get 8 mg in one drop means that your dispensary is estimating 25 drops per mL.

As for your blend, 10% THC w/v is 10 grams in 100 mL. That's 0.1 grams or 100 mg in 1 mL, and if you estimated 3.2 mg per drop then that's 31.25 drops per mL. Fwiw, I've seen some liquids estimate 30 drop per mL as well.

the confusion is when our brain wants to mix volume units with mass units (ml is a volume unit, mg is a mass unit, pretty sure you and @CANtalk know this already)

they don't tell you the total volume on the label/package, just the mass. 10gr of total cannabis or so, so 20% is as we know.. 2gr
they don't say the total volume in ml or so just to avoid confusion..i think..
so let's take 20% CBD 1% THC:

i think 1ml = 20 drops
1 drop = 6mg CBD (i read from an internet label)
20 drops = 120mg CBD = 1ml
we know there's total 2000mg CBD
so:
2000mg CBD/120mg CBD = 16.67
16.67ml total in that bottle of 20% CBD (10gr cannabis in some 16.67ml of oil)
*THC is 1% and I didn't add this to the calculations

(2/16.67*100) = 12% [gr/ml] w/v CBD
These calculations look ok. My alternate check here was if 120 mg CBD is in 1 mL, that's 12000 mg in 100 mL, which is aka 12 g in 100 mL. And that's equivalent to 12% CBD w/v.

As we can all see, using drops for a dosage with tinctures involves estimating the amount of drops per mL, which can vary a lot. We've already seen estimates such as 20, 25 or 31.25 drops per mL and these differences can significantly affect dosage estimates. Something to be aware of for tincture microdosers. To better confirm dosage from a tincture, one should ground truth (measure) the drops per mL of a tincture, and preferably measure across 4-5 mL to see what the average is per mL. One can also dilute a tincture so that larger volumes can be used to dose.

So I got a scale. It arrived today and I think it'll be a good tool. I'd say it's accurate to the .001 gram. It calibrated quick. Then from a start I added the 1.5 gram plastic mini-tray it comes with and then .021 grams of ground flower. Good to know what .02 grams looks like. I plan to measure to keep tabs on things.
Nice & enjoy, I've found a scale very helpful. You can add the mini-tray & tare the scale to zero, then measure the cannabis from there (0.000). In using a scale, I've found many batches weigh significantly different (and within a batch too) due to cola / sugar leaf content, density, moisture content, batch quality, etc. Size differences can become quite visible and some batches need a lot less or more volume to reach a certain weight than others. I've some batches show half the volume for a given weight, and other batches show twice the volume.

Cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom