Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

Cheesgr8r

Yes, there won't be more once it's gone.
well i hope the tempest is gonna take off then. i think its sad that you're discontinuing the revolve series and i don't see the point in doing so since i think it's a pretty desireable stem. So now until they sold out we just got artificial scarcity and they will sell for more once they're gone. Not a Fan.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
well i hope the tempest is gonna take off then. i think its sad that you're discontinuing the revolve series and i don't see the point in doing so since i think it's a pretty desireable stem. So now until they sold out we just got artificial scarcity and they will sell for more once they're gone. Not a Fan.
As I said it's just a name change, Tempest stem = Revolve Gen 3. The feature changes would have happened anyway, I wanted to save a little on the cost with removing the mesh posts to be able to include the direct tube and MP bearing for the same price.

Unfortunately I have to make/order loads of them with each batch and would likely not be able to sell all of the "new" Gen 2's to my fairly small customer base.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Unfortunately I have to make/order loads of them with each batch and would likely not be able to sell all of the "new" Gen 2's to my fairly small customer base.
I am a fan: of the innovations, the QC, and even the ontologically uncertain IH.
No-one gives their plugs half the grief that makers get on here, despite the fact that most people spend way more on product, and generally accept that they get what they're given. Thankyou for what you do.

terpguy420

Any idea as to how many heat cycles you can get with a full charge, using the Tempest?

Last edited:
terpguy420,

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
As I said it's just a name change, Tempest stem = Revolve Gen 3. The feature changes would have happened anyway, I wanted to save a little on the cost with removing the mesh posts to be able to include the direct tube and MP bearing for the same price.

Totally understandable, and nice if that keeps costs (and your stock of specific parts) down.

A follow-up question about the change/removal of the DRC functionality between the revolve 2 vs 3 tho ... If you don't mind us going on about it ..

Would that only entail a change made to the DRC airtube (ie, holes on all sides of the end of the DRC tube, instead of one big and one small), or also a change to the intercooler/helix unit?

Like ... I can totally live with the removal of the mesh thing, no biggy ... But I do really like the DRC functionality. So if I wanted to still have that on any extra future revolves, would I just need a gen 2 DRC tube with any gen (1,2 or 3) intercooler/helix unit, or would I also specifically need a gen 2 (or 1) intercooler/helix unit?

Might be nice for ppl who really like the DRC functionality to know if they need to grab one of the last gen 2 intercoolers. Or if it will suffice to just get a gen 2 DRC tube, that they can later-on pair with a gen 3 intercooler.

OGablogian,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Any idea as to how many heat cycles you can get with a full charge, using the Tempest?
With the wand or using 2x21700? I can’t say for sure until I’ve got the samples of the final model, but you should get the same amount of bowls if not more than with a DV if you finish it in 2-3 heatups.

Would that only entail a change made to the DRC airtube (ie, holes on all sides of the end of the DRC tube, instead of one big and one small), or also a change to the intercooler/helix unit?
That’s correct there will be holes all around instead of the 2 to make it easier to use.
There is a slight change on the bottom end of the tube as well, the “plug” is not angled anymore to get a better seal so the DRC tube won’t work perfectly in the new one.

Last edited:

lluther

Will it (tempest) work with the glass insert for the wand, or is there another insert you recommend? Also is there a recommended IH for the tempest, as it's gonna need a bit longer to heat up, presumably mains powered IH would be a lot better for this. I'm completely new to this, so apologies if this is a noob question.

lluther,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Will it (tempest) work with the glass insert for the wand, or is there another insert you recommend? Also is there a recommended IH for the tempest, as it's gonna need a bit longer to heat up, presumably mains powered IH would be a lot better for this. I'm completely new to this, so apologies if this is a noob question.
There will be a 14mm ID glass wand adapter for it. The original can’t fit the 12mm diameter Tempest.

The wand will work best with it as you can use it with the timing and don’t have to keep a button pressed for 30s or more. You should get about 6 bowls out of a charge.
The second best option is the VHB 3D

Brenyo

Manufacturer
You should get about 6 bowls out of a charge.
Little correction here, I never counted before for some reason…:) The latest beta without the more efficient induction layer can do 9 bowls with the original batteries. After 9 heat-ups the battery just gone down to 2 bars (on standby) which starts to feel a bit weaker or you’d have to heat it longer than the timer would allow. I expect that at this point it would still work fine with the new induction compatible layer - I hope to be able to test it soon.

JJ785

There will be a 14mm ID glass wand adapter for it. The original can’t fit the 12mm diameter Tempest.
Do you have some of the actual stem going inside the wand or have I (likely) misunderstood the above comment. Using my revolve in the wand, there are still several mm's of tip exposed, as illustrated below. The stem itself gets nowhere near the glass.

I'm using the official dynavap wand glass insert that is raised about 2mm from fully home, which I do solely based on one comment I read on FC. Still a wand novice, so any suggestions welcome -)

Last edited:
JJ785,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Do you have some of the actual stem going inside the wand or have I (likely) misunderstood the above comment.
I meant that the inner diameter of the glass adapter is 14mm. The induction cap of the Tempest is 12mm wide so you need ideally at least 12.5mm wide adapter. The ispire adapter is just below 12mm if I remember correctly

Brenyo,
Reactions: JJ785

Squidge

Butane powered
Just received my Gen 2 Reload. It's a lovely purple colour and as Brenyo mentioned, the crown keyring does fit on top but the magnetic pull is weaker so be careful if using it out and about.

I've added a small rectangular neodymium magnet between the magnet and the crown and the connection is now much stronger. If I want to use the Reload to uncap a DV, I remove the crown and push the small magnet to one side and uncap as normal.

The Gen 2 has a larger diameter than the Gen 1 but it's still slightly smaller than the diameter of the small SCS grinder I have. (Dagnabbit!) Was hoping I could connect the two and grind directly into the pots (Maybe something to think about for the Gen 3, @Brenyo ? 😜)

I also ordered a Gen 1 mini pot to add to the Reload I have already (in Emerald Green). I was sent a Gen 2 version, instead. Contrasts nicely with the purple, methinks! Lol

All in all I'm happy with the Gen 2 Reload and still think it's an essential accessory for anyone who uses DHVs 👍

ETA: Forgot to say the CCD shaper is now at the bottom of the debowling spike. I needed to give it a half turn anticlockwise to securely position the CCD at half bowl on my Omnivap XL.

Last edited:

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I feel hugely conflicted. I received my Gen2 today. It's better in just about every way. It's bigger, it's aesthetically more pleasing, it's better machined and finished flawlessly. It's also lighter.

But I don't love it. This is utterly bonkers because on every count I should prefer the G2 but I don't. It's something about the lightness of it that makes it feel... I dunno, less good. Maybe because the Gen2 is polished and my Gen1 is matt black.

It also came with a very very generous discount on future purchases.

I believe the problem to be mine not with this excellent, well-built product.

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
I feel hugely conflicted. I received my Gen2 today. It's better in just about every way. It's bigger, it's aesthetically more pleasing, it's better machined and finished flawlessly. It's also lighter.

But I don't love it. This is utterly bonkers because on every count I should prefer the G2 but I don't. It's something about the lightness of it that makes it feel... I dunno, less good. Maybe because the Gen2 is polished and my Gen1 is matt black.

It also came with a very very generous discount on future purchases.

I believe the problem to be mine not with this excellent, well-built product.

Im gonna keep my v1 in my EDC-DV-kit, and my v2 for at home. Glad to hear its polished, gonna match my revolves beautifully.

OGablogian,
Reactions: Squidge

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't know if anyone in the US has gotten their Gen 2 Reload yet, but I have seen no action on the DPD website since the 16th when it supposedly left the UK. And I have not seen anything on my informed delivery on the USPS website either. I suspect the DPD website won't have any more info after it leaves the UK but most packages from overseas that I have received show when they go through customs and this should have come and gone through customs already. Anyone here having a different experience?

later: No worries, of course. Just want a new toy to entertain myself... ;)

Last edited:
cybrguy,

mcscruffy

I don't know if anyone in the US has gotten their Gen 2 Reload yet, but I have seen no action on the DPD website since the 16th when it supposedly left the UK. And I have not seen anything on my informed delivery on the USPS website either. I suspect the DPD website won't have any more info after it leaves the UK but most packages from overseas that I have received show when they go through customs and this should have come and gone through customs already. Anyone here having a different experience?

later: No worries, of course. Just want a new toy to entertain myself... ;)
I haven't seen any updates really since it left the UK as well for mine. I did have a tracking number from Swiss Post pop up which my wife has no clue what it is, so not sure if it's related or not. I don't really know how DPD's logistics work and if it routed there before heading stateside or not.

Edit:
I checked Informed Delivery again and it updated, says departed from transit office of exchange at 8am so it's now stateside. Looking like it's on track for ~1 week transit time as Brenyo said.

Last edited:
mcscruffy,

bhasma

My Reload order was with Asendia (Swiss Post) at Hounslow UK awaiting departure on 18 August. And my last order (Royal Mail) was handled by Jersey Post and so showed a Jersey tracking number, but it was just in a Jersey Post international facility in UK.

Top Bottom