• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

Vaporware

Good morning everyone, or afternoon, evening depending on where you are!

Thank you for all the encouragement, I was going to leave this, but ... but seeing as it's you guys 😃

Before we get into it, I want to make it clear that I respectfully checked in again with @Brenyo and there is absolutely no reason not to post this, it is 100% okay to publish these photos showing the detail of this stem :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

All images can be clicked to view full size.

Exploded View​

First of all, this 'exploded' view shows all the parts, don't be concerned about the messy mesh, that will be machined and this one is a bit bent from inserting it into the tube.

View attachment 13204

Stem Modes​

There are three modes on the stem, Open, Bypass and Closed.

• Open - Fresh air enters through the Precision Airport and mixes with the vapour before the cooling spiral.
  • Bypass - Fresh air is added after the cooling spiral.
  • Closed - The Precision Airport is completely closed and no fresh air enters the stem.

Precision Airport​

The precision airport allows you to set the amount of airflow into the stem in whatever mode you chose to use.

Airport disassembled
showing how the
precision airport
relates to the airport
in the stem tube.​
Assembled and
wide open.​
Partially closed.​
The name precision
is not meaningless!​
Completely closed!​

Draw Control​

In addition to the three modes there is also draw control in the mouthpiece.

Draw control disassembled
showing how the internal
mouthpiece slots into an
aperture on the stem.​
Internal mouthpiece inserted
and completely closed.​
and half open.​
End of mouthpiece showing
adjustment slot.​

The combination of these two features means you can set Revolve up to behave pretty much exactly how you want it to, want it free and open, no problem, want it closed down lock tight for full draw resistance - you're covered!

It is very impressive and remember this is just a late stage prototype, the improvements to the final design are good. The principles are the same, the implementation is just slightly different. The attention to detail that is going into these things is humbling to say the least.

The Mesh​

The Mesh, damn, this makes reclaim a breeze. Simply pop the mesh out into your tip and vape away... it's very convenient and works much better than I imagined - well worth doing! This also helps keep the maintenance of the stem down.

==

Okay, that's all from me at the moment, I hope these images and descriptions are helpful, any questions please ask :tup:

edit: I just came back to check for any errors having been away for a bit, and spotted that I loaded up the wrong photo for the precision airport not being meaningless part - oops! Corrected now - see how small that hole goes!!

Looks good, thanks for posting!

I’ve been a bit disappointed since I saw the first pics and they looked a lot like some of the ideas I’ve worked on (I guess I should get around to making something before everything I think of just looks like a copy of something else), but there are some cool things there that I hadn’t considered too, and at least this way I’ll be able to see how it works without paying for all of the prototyping myself! :lol:

Looks like they’re paying attention to detail and doing a good job all around, so I still have high hopes for the Sense too! :popcorn:

b0

Cloudy...
Good morning everyone, or afternoon, evening depending on where you are!

Thank you for all the encouragement, I was going to leave this, but ... but seeing as it's you guys 😃

Before we get into it, I want to make it clear that I respectfully checked in again with @Brenyo and there is absolutely no reason not to post this, it is 100% okay to publish these photos showing the detail of this stem :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

All images can be clicked to view full size.

Exploded View​

First of all, this 'exploded' view shows all the parts, don't be concerned about the messy mesh, that will be machined and this one is a bit bent from inserting it into the tube.

View attachment 13204

Stem Modes​

There are three modes on the stem, Open, Bypass and Closed.

• Open - Fresh air enters through the Precision Airport and mixes with the vapour before the cooling spiral.
  • Bypass - Fresh air is added after the cooling spiral.
  • Closed - The Precision Airport is completely closed and no fresh air enters the stem.

Precision Airport​

The precision airport allows you to set the amount of airflow into the stem in whatever mode you chose to use.

Airport disassembled
showing how the
precision airport
relates to the airport
in the stem tube.​
Assembled and
wide open.​
Partially closed.​
The name precision
is not meaningless!​
Completely closed!​

Draw Control​

In addition to the three modes there is also draw control in the mouthpiece.

Draw control disassembled
showing how the internal
mouthpiece slots into an
aperture on the stem.​
and completely closed.​
and half open.​
End of mouthpiece showing
adjustment slot.​

The combination of these two features means you can set Revolve up to behave pretty much exactly how you want it to, want it free and open, no problem, want it closed down lock tight for full draw resistance - you're covered!

It is very impressive and remember this is just a late stage prototype, the improvements to the final design are good. The principles are the same, the implementation is just slightly different. The attention to detail that is going into these things is humbling to say the least.

The Mesh​

The Mesh, damn, this makes reclaim a breeze. Simply pop the mesh out into your tip and vape away... it's very convenient and works much better than I imagined - well worth doing! This also helps keep the maintenance of the stem down.

==

Okay, that's all from me at the moment, I hope these images and descriptions are helpful, any questions please ask :tup:

edit: I just came back to check for any errors having been away for a bit, and spotted that I loaded up the wrong photo for the precision airport not being meaningless part - oops! Corrected now - see how small that hole goes!!
Futurama Reaction GIF

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Sometimes you get something so good, you just think to yourself, this was totally worth it. What the hell is with this other stuff.

This is looking to be one of those things.

Raising the bar for everyone else to have to match.

Planck

believes in Dog
I just tried this, slightly wonky, frankenstem - it works alarmingly well, Revolve locked down, using the airport on the wooden stem for airflow control!
Vapcap stems should be 115mm or longer*, you got that covered. :tup: (*some exceptions apply)
I'd worry about splitting the wooden stem with that metal wedge. :(

Did I mention vapcap stems should be 115mm or longer if handheld. /nods :brow:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Oh thank you - you are absolutely right, I am aware of splitting potential and there's hardly any pressure on there, it's just snug!

It did get me to thinking how many Revolves could be joined together in this way... an experiment for @Brenyo to try perhaps 😃

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks to the beta testers for answering questions!

Again, my only experience with a multipiece stem was the shellshock, which was a letdown for me. I know this is a completely different company, but still some other questions because I really want to kick the tires on this one before a possible purchase.

@TommyDee, I see that you have the black version. Have you noticed any scratching yet or whether the finish seems durable? Also, are there any gaskets on either side of the collar that you spin to adjust the airhole aperture? This was the area where my SS leaked the most.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Thanks to the beta testers for answering questions!

Again, my only experience with a multipiece stem was the shellshock, which was a letdown for me. I know this is a completely different company, but still some other questions because I really want to kick the tires on this one before a possible purchase.

@TommyDee, I see that you have the black version. Have you noticed any scratching yet or whether the finish seems durable? Also, are there any gaskets on either side of the collar that you spin to adjust the airhole aperture? This was the area where my SS leaked the most.
I am overly protective of the finish of things so I can tell you that not too many accidents happened to my devices. In the case of the black finish, it is still pristine. This is a vapor deposition on titanium. With good base-metal cleaning, it should be an atomic bond. If you had problems with finish adhesion, I'm sure Bren would own up to that. He is building a value brand without the shortcuts.

Yes on great seals; the aperture adjustment also holds the stem for the mouthpiece. There is an internal o-ring that holds and seals the mouthpiece stem. Toward the airport, there are 2 o-rings that isolate the lower gap. Nothing bleeds though the adjustor.

I am now running 2 each 5x1 o-rings on the mouthpiece. Still turns if I want it to but it is sealed to the nuts from air bleeds. I understand there is some enhancement going on in the lab to improve this.

I am not one to add air to my vape as most of you know. I can dial out the air bleed to my satisfaction which is essentially carb-less. No hunting for the air port is still my best way to use any stem. My tips breath well enough to clear the stem. I'm running a 419-ti tip and a 2020 cap with an inverted CCD. Happy as a clam with this Revolve.

Heck, even the ruffles in the skirt are functional. Reach beyond this point and discover heat. Amazing how the heat doesn't propagate throughout the entire stem. Another reason this style works so well. And it doesn't roll off the table either.

Balance with a ti tip;
20210918_153731.jpg

Comfort zone;
20210918_154136.jpg

Notice I don't use the last o-ring on the tip. The balance happens to be in the comfortable zone for handling a hot device. The skirt makes for an effective radiator to avoid more serious contact. I don't feel anything uncomfortable or even questionable holding a spent-cap device as in the picture. Not much different from my wooden stems. I think this was a welcome surprise even to the designer.

Last edited:

Texus

I

Heck, even the ruffles in the skirt are functional. Reach beyond this point and discover heat. Amazing how the heat doesn't propagate throughout the entire stem. Another reason this style works so well. And it doesn't roll off the table either.

Balance with a ti tip;
View attachment 13274

Comfort zone;
View attachment 13275

Notice I don't use the last o-ring on the tip. The balance happens to be in the comfortable zone for handling a hot device. The skirt makes for an effective radiator to avoid more serious contact. I don't feel anything uncomfortable or even questionable holding a spent-cap device as in the picture. Not much different from my wooden stems. I think this was a welcome surprise even to the designer.
Very cool about the ruffles keeping heat from spreading. My one complaint of metal stems (and MVS seems particularly susceptible or I just run it hard) is the heat rising toward fingers and carb hole if hitting DV hard and fast.

Texus,
Reactions: TommyDee

David Root

The M stem heats up more than the Omni. Using the M with a full load, the lighter that came with it AND the stem get really hot.

Omni heats quicker. Lighter does not get as hot. Stem is cool to hold.

WOW!
This thing is a blast.

David

David Root,
Reactions: kel

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Ruffles? Skirt? The femme mystique?

Anyway, I am more interested in the due date of the very late induction heater. Next July? Maybe.
Feels like reliving the surreal experience of the hopper.....

Tuesday Morning Dog GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
@TommyDee I've been using a repurposed fine mesh screen from my Mighty in my dynavaps and it catches those scooby snacks beautifully. Do you find the vapor less harsh when using the Resolve?

TheThriftDrifter,
Reactions: TommyDee

b0

Cloudy...
Funny - I've been testing the Revolve for a while and I noticed one significant difference between this stem and the straight shot stems - No black, brown, or green bits stuck in my teeth! I don't think I've nipped on any CCD-passing particles. That is a new one for me in my dynaverse.
I love to hear that, has been my issue with dynavaps since forever :clap:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@TommyDee I've been using a repurposed fine mesh screen from my Mighty in my dynavaps and it catches those scooby snacks beautifully. Do you find the vapor less harsh when using the Resolve?
You have to be careful - heat won't give you a signal as to done-ness. There is no harshness from heat. Nothing raw - really smooth by the time the vape is cooled to this extent. The Revolve has equivalent cooling of a 5" stem. I've never had harshness with a 5" stem. I do use Revolve with the carb dialed out so we're talking straight vape. The carb cooling is gravy for the system.

Been doing a lot of CBD through it and I haven't cleaned it yet.

The Revolve has the little screen after the VC. I'm sure that has something to do with the improved filtering. Definitely worth noting as a welcome surprise.

Top Bottom