Discontinued Lil' Bud by Vapwood

Bdubbdiblets

317h35i.jpg

Been really loving my lil bud! So much power and great flavor. I love playing the flute with the air holes it really allows for user control with hotter or cooler hits. I do get some charring if not careful but that's the case with all of my unregulated convection devices. It's manual, like a stick shift even if you know how to drive it, every once in a while I grind the clutch..lol. I also prefer to stir for flavor and use the stir collar tool that MVT sells he makes 18mm, very useful. Love the design, how it feels in my hands and the battery door ease of use. Also love that I can pair it with some different @Alan stems (in the mail). Although this has already ignited another "syndrome" haha!

Overall really love this thing a blast to use and again think it serves a strong presence in the unregulated convection vape lineup.

:rockon:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Very, very cool, let's not forget how awesome unregulated can be!
317h35i.jpg

Been really loving my lil bud! So much power and great flavor. I love playing the flute with the air holes it really allows for user control with hotter or cooler hits. I do get some charring if not careful but that's the case with all of my unregulated convection devices. It's manual, like a stick shift even if you know how to drive it, every once in a while I grind the clutch..lol. I also prefer to stir for flavor and use the stir collar tool that MVT sells he makes 18mm, very useful. Love the design, how it feels in my hands and the battery door ease of use. Also love that I can pair it with some different @Alan stems (in the mail). Although this has already ignited another "syndrome" haha!

Overall really love this thing a blast to use and again think it serves a strong presence in the unregulated convection vape lineup.

:rockon:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Mike this is a really smart business decision. Some people are turned-off or afraid of unregulated devices, and having this as an option removes that issue for them. They'll have to pay for it, but that's to be expected as well.

I think of it the same way I look at the way Dynavap is heading with an Induction Heater. There are a lot of folks who don't mess with the vapcap because of butane, but will buy a vapcap once they know there's an option that let's them use an IH instead.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Mike this is a really smart business decision. Some people are turned-off or afraid of unregulated devices, and having this as an option removes that issue for them. They'll have to pay for it, but that's to be expected as well.

I think of it the same way I look at the way Dynavap is heading with an Induction Heater. There are a lot of folks who don't mess with the vapcap because of butane, but will buy a vapcap once they know there's an option that let's them use an IH instead.

Couldn't agree more, the added battery protections alone are a great plus. Add to that the temp control, built in battery charging and an lcd screen for battery power status and this unit will be super convenient.

beyond6strings

Yeah this sounds absolutely ultimate. Will it increase the size at all, making it the big b?

That's a good question.

I was wondering how much adding this will add to or change the build process in and of itself. It's still so early in the development of this vape that it really shouldn't be a big deal. Mike is so fast at refining the process as we've seen in a very short time.

But this on-demand regulated device is sure to be in high demand once it's figured out. I'm already trying to justify the expense.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Two units have been purchased from an American supplier, so they will be here in a couple of days. I'll hopefully be able to iron out any issues, and be able to answer all questions once it's in my hands and I get all of batch 7 shipped out. Another Alan brain child, it's bound to be a good thing.

HerbieVonVapster

That's a good question.

I was wondering how much adding this will add to or change the build process in and of itself. It's still so early in the development of this vape that it really shouldn't be a big deal. Mike is so fast at refining the process as we've seen in a very short time.
But this on-demand regulated device is sure to be in high demand once it's figured out. I'm already trying to justify the expense.

I just did :) Had 100 earmarked for new Dna250c. With one battery the dna75c would be a good fit. Much rather put my money into American build whenever possible. Already pic'd the lil bud as a mod :) well watching the video's. This does away with the 510 part. Should be best both worlds thou. I enjoy the 510 device but they do tend to look like walkie talkie's.

The DNA75c chip and screen are not that large. Really other than some design changes for buttons usb and screen shouldn't add to the size much.

Damn this got me excited. You going be happy once you see how much better the DNA chip manages battery and safely extends there life. Be warned Mike once you try TC mode you're going be spoiled by it :)

If your any kind of a tech nerd going love the DNA75C and escribe. You can download escribe and use with out a mod to play around. Lot's custom option screen themes and there in color.

elykpeace

exVASted

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
The DNA75c chip and screen are not that large. Really other than some design changes for buttons usb and screen shouldn't add to the size much.

I agree on this. Doubt it'll make much difference to the overall dimensions.

However where it will likely impact @Bravesst might be more on the implementation process. Looking forward to reading up on how @Bravesst figures out the build.

This does away with the 510 part. Should be best both worlds thou. I enjoy the 510 device but they do tend to look like walkie talkie's.

Yeh that's what I was thinking. All the benefits of a Mod + Dry Herb Atty but in a much more pocket friendly format.

It's gonna be awesome.

Last edited:

SpudBob

Super cool about the DNA LB project.

Unrelated: I wanted folks to know that my LB is cooler and producing bigger clouds with a glass-lined four inch stem from Alan. Recommended for sure.
20180802_192156_2.jpg

d14wOz
Been saying that all along! went to the Alan reduced diameter glass lined stem a bit back with my Milaana. Transformed the unit!!! Im sure it will do the same with LB. Slows things down. improves vaporization at least 50%.Still flows freely too! Very intuitive and cool compared with the 12mm ish opening on the native RBT stems. The reduced ID is 8mm.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Alan stems are half the vape. Change the stem, basically change the vape. I'm so freaking busy building vapes, and I don't really play with different tubes much. I'm always after the best experience with the vape and stem that will arrive at your door. The rest is up to you.

Well, with the best possible experience in mind, for all possible users, the DNA chip had to happen. It has generated more interest than even the first units shipping. I am looking forward to figuring out this bad boy, and really can't comment too much until I have one in my hands. I've pre-sold a few already, as this is funding the project going forward, and they are rapidly filling up batch 8 which only has 2 spots left. I'm calling batch 8 at 12 - 10 sold.

I purchased 2 chips, and shipping is really fast, so once 7 is out the door, I'll be working on this project as part of batch 8. Alan had suggested this a long time ago, and by removing the front vent hole, he pointed out I made room for it to be installed. He then sent me a link to the chip. Today I clicked the link and thought to myself, I can do that. Not sure if he knows I've opened it up to a pre-sale, but he'll find out soon enough. I have no idea of what the final price will be, but the boards are almost $80 with shipping. I didn't want to plop down hundreds on a chip that wasn't ideal, but if Alan recommended it, I bet it's right for LB.

HerbieVonVapster

I purchased 2 chips, and shipping is really fast, so once 7 is out the door, I'll be working on this project as part of batch 8. Alan had suggested this a long time ago, and by removing the front vent hole, he pointed out I made room for it to be installed. He then sent me a link to the chip. Today I clicked the link and thought to myself, I can do that. Not sure if he knows I've opened it up to a pre-sale, but he'll find out soon enough. I have no idea of what the final price will be, but the boards are almost $80 with shipping. I didn't want to plop down hundreds on a chip that wasn't ideal, but if Alan recommended it, I bet it's right for LB.

If shop around should be able find chips for a better price. Buying direct thou you sure of what you be getting. Lot choice in button etc. There's a holder for the chip etc might also be useful.

Here's some chips parts as an examples.

https://www.ebay.com/str/shopatistore?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

beyond6strings

Super cool about the DNA LB project.

Unrelated: I wanted folks to know that my LB is cooler and producing bigger clouds with a glass-lined four inch stem from Alan. Recommended for sure.
20180802_192156_2.jpg

d14wOz

Nice, I'm finding similar results with my 3.5" tapered stems I got this week. I prefer all wood for the LB, but the narrower ID the tapered stem provides improvement overall performance for me as well.

Hmmm...time for some Grape Cookies me thinks.

duff

Well worn
First of all @Bravesst, it's been very impressive watching you crank these out consistently and it looks like you've really honed the finish work down. Lil Buds are looking quite nice. Congrats to you and your hard work.

Adding the dna75 chip to this form factor really seems like the next logical step and is quite exciting.

I also signed up to be a guinea pig.

HerbieVonVapster

Going be a blast to watch this one come together. I use couple different modes and really the DNA has the smoothest hits. Are a couple of difference between the DNA75c and 250C first is the higher watt that is unneeded.

2nd is the battery efficiency this one does hurts a little bit. Not sure if the extra cost is worth it. The DNA75c is 85% efficiency compared to the DNA250c at 98%. Chips should be the same size. Guess comes down to is a extra 20 dollars worth 10% better battery life?

EDIT...this might be mute point not sure and doesn't look like you can even run a 250c on single battery. Ah well was a thought.

Last edited:
Top Bottom