• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ispire Wand, enail&vaporizer

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey guys!
I've been having trouble getting decent flavor with the wand lately (sort of always have with concentrates in general), and was wondering if it's user error. Is this thing capable of consistently giving good flavor while still giving a nice full bodied hit?

I start off with everything cold (room temp) an I break off a piece of my dab. Usually it's some sort of crumble/shatter, right now it's Live Sugar and smells very good. I get a clean piece and clean the bucket with ISO. I heat it up to about 475-550 depending on the concentrate and whatever doesn't feel too hot to be burny, but not too low to where it's not a nice full hit.

I drop all of the concentrate at once (it's not very much I don't think) right in the middle of the bucket and basically instantly cap it with the carb cap and start inhaling at a medium speed.

The flavor comes out basically neutral. I'm just not tasting at all what I'm smelling. I was using a recycler and figured the amount of water may be the issue, so I switched to my gooroo inline which I use for flower and is very flavorful, and had the same issue with that piece.

Cold starts don't help either and may even be worse, not sure how to do those properly.

While heating up even right after cleaning the piece, I'm seeing vapors coming out of the bucket - is that old residue that's possibly affecting the flavor? (edit: just tried an unused bucket and still same flavor).
Is it just how I'm using the vape? Is it the quality of my concentrate even tho it smells great?

Any ideas? Is there a tried and true system I can follow that should be able to get me some better flavor?

Thank you! Concentrate prices are starting to get better so wanting to explore a bit more :)

Edit: just tried a larger amount of concentrate, put it to 550, loaded it up cold and started heating. Waited right until it started bubbling and threw a carb cap on and kept inhaling for a bit and exhaled. Didn't let the vapor get very thick and still didn't have great flavor. I see the appeal for the cold start though, it worked well keeping the Wand on it while inhaling (using a better carb cap than the included one was helpful).
I think the issue has to be the concentrate, maybe this Sugar is better used as a flower topper even tho it smells great..maybe just doesn't dab great.

Last edited:

Adobewan

Hey guys!
I've been having trouble getting decent flavor with the wand lately (sort of always have with concentrates in general), and was wondering if it's user error. Is this thing capable of consistently giving good flavor while still giving a nice full bodied hit?

I start off with everything cold (room temp) an I break off a piece of my dab. Usually it's some sort of crumble/shatter, right now it's Live Sugar and smells very good. I get a clean piece and clean the bucket with ISO. I heat it up to about 475-550 depending on the concentrate and whatever doesn't feel too hot to be burny, but not too low to where it's not a nice full hit.

I drop all of the concentrate at once (it's not very much I don't think) right in the middle of the bucket and basically instantly cap it with the carb cap and start inhaling at a medium speed.

The flavor comes out basically neutral. I'm just not tasting at all what I'm smelling. I was using a recycler and figured the amount of water may be the issue, so I switched to my gooroo inline which I use for flower and is very flavorful, and had the same issue with that piece.

Cold starts don't help either and may even be worse, not sure how to do those properly.

While heating up even right after cleaning the piece, I'm seeing vapors coming out of the bucket - is that old residue that's possibly affecting the flavor? (edit: just tried an unused bucket and still same flavor).
Is it just how I'm using the vape? Is it the quality of my concentrate even tho it smells great?

Any ideas? Is there a tried and true system I can follow that should be able to get me some better flavor?

Thank you! Concentrate prices are starting to get better so wanting to explore a bit more :)

Edit: just tried a larger amount of concentrate, put it to 550, loaded it up cold and started heating. Waited right until it started bubbling and threw a carb cap on and kept inhaling for a bit and exhaled. Didn't let the vapor get very thick and still didn't have great flavor. I see the appeal for the cold start though, it worked well keeping the Wand on it while inhaling (using a better carb cap than the included one was helpful).
I think the issue has to be the concentrate, maybe this Sugar is better used as a flower topper even tho it smells great..maybe just doesn't dab great.
After you cap it, give it some time to produce vapor, just a bit, then start your draw. You may be cooling the chamber before it reaches optional heat.
Good luck.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey guys ! What is the OD of the bangers that hold the cup ? or the ID of the glass cover for the induction coil ?

Abysmal Vapor,

AJS

Calm Consistency
And make sure your cap is 'clicked' into the Wand for a better seal to help thicken up the lower temp cold start hit (I found cold starts were far better taste-wise).
Woah! I'm trying to get it to click in, but the cap feels too wide. I'm using a good amount of force and lining it up and trying to push it in and can't get it. Is there a trick to it?

AJS,

Cannabiker

Is there a trick to it?
Unfortunately, no, I don't think there is. Mine doesn't fit either, and I've seen at least one other report of a non-fitting cap (@TommyDee, I believe?). I just heat the banger, remove the Wand, and use the cap alone. It doesn't bother me much, but I rarely use if for dabs anyway. I got it mostly for Dynavaps.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Unfortunately, no, I don't think there is. Mine doesn't fit either, and I've seen at least one other report of a non-fitting cap (@TommyDee, I believe?). I just heat the banger, remove the Wand, and use the cap alone. It doesn't bother me much, but I rarely use if for dabs anyway. I got it mostly for Dynavaps.
Ya using quite a bit of force, basically as hard as I can, just not goin in.
Thanks!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Ya using quite a bit of force, basically as hard as I can, just not goin in.
Thanks!
This is a simple fact, a lot of the carb caps don't snap into the the little tines on the device. I have the domestic version that didn't fit and an EU version that fits both Wands like a glove. It should be covered by the warranty if you request a new one. It is not the Wand but the cap itself.

I'm just lucky I didn't break anything trying to fit it.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey friends!
A bit confused on the glass inserts. I know there's a flower version they call "bottomless", and the concentrate version. I have two inserts that look identical, both have a "bottoms", but one goes deeper and allows the carb cap to clear (on the left, and I'm assuming the oil one), and the other looks the same, but the carb cap bottoms out as it's shallower and doesn't sit flush. Just confused why it's called a "bottomless" insert if mine has a bottom, but it's just shallower? Not sure if I'm missing something :)

Can I use either one for concentrates? Is it the same function? Idc that the carb cap bottoms out, I have a different one I can use.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Bottomless only came with EU versions. You have a manufacturing variation in the cups @AJS .
Thought it may be something like that, thank you!!

_______
Been trying the cold starts a bit more. Now that I'm getting the hang of them, they seem more efficient for consistent hits. Seems to keep everything lower temp in general too and easier to clean. It's a bit cumbersome, but just ordered the stand so hopefully that helps make everything a bit easier to use.
Going to snag a different type of concentrate next time too and see if I can yank some better flavor out of her!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Been trying the cold starts a bit more. Now that I'm getting the hang of them, they seem more efficient for consistent hits. Seems to keep everything lower temp in general too and easier to clean. It's a bit cumbersome, but just ordered the stand so hopefully that helps make everything a bit easier to use.
Going to snag a different type of concentrate next time too and see if I can yank some better flavor out of her!

Nice, yeah cold starts should get you more flavor, along with using more product in a dab, I prefer hot starts for the simplicity and efficiency personally, still curious about the wand though I have not tried it yet, have something else coming to give cold starts a fair shake finally (Rio) though I do them with my erigs (Qomo) anyway I was also going to suggest you pick up some Rosin for your concentrate if you really want to taste amazing flavor, even though it is more expensive it is really worthwhile for the more full spectrum effects and herbal terp flavors... Live Resin sauces and sugars and diamonds are solid, but I agree the taste never blows me away much at all? I like to stick to lemony sativa strains and berry indica strains for a flavor focus as well

AJS

Calm Consistency
Nice, yeah cold starts should get you more flavor, along with using more product in a dab, I prefer hot starts for the simplicity and efficiency personally, still curious about the wand though I have not tried it yet, have something else coming to give cold starts a fair shake finally (Rio) though I do them with my erigs (Qomo) anyway I was also going to suggest you pick up some Rosin for your concentrate if you really want to taste amazing flavor, even though it is more expensive it is really worthwhile for the more full spectrum effects and herbal terp flavors... Live Resin sauces and sugars and diamonds are solid, but I agree the taste never blows me away much at all? I like to stick to lemony sativa strains and berry indica strains for a flavor focus as well
I ended up grabbing some Live Budder and it is significantly better flavor. Getting great results now. I'll use the Sugar as a flower topper.
The Wand is a much more dablike experience than the Qomo :D. I'm sure the Rio will be phenomenal.

I'm not sure how accurate the temp is on the auto-mode, but I have it as low as 350F now for cold starts. I just keep the cap on the whole time, and rip once the blinking stops. If I need more oomph, I can click it to heat while I'm ripping. Has been giving me fantastic results. Great flavor and everything is just so potent. Finally starting to really enjoy concentrates now that I've dialed it in more and have found a type of concentrate that I really enjoy.

When I was doing hot starts, I would use around 500F.

pmthokku

Dear All,
I am consistently having my vapcap 'smoke' (ie. vapour escapes) when heating with the wand. I am putting at default 380 concentrate and holding down the button for manual mode. This never happens when I use a torch. What am I doing wrong? Do all IHs behave like this??

Thanks in advance.

pmthokku,
Reactions: LesPlenty

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Dear All,
I am consistently having my vapcap 'smoke' (ie. vapour escapes) when heating with the wand. I am putting at default 380 concentrate and holding down the button for manual mode. This never happens when I use a torch. What am I doing wrong? Do all IHs behave like this??

Thanks in advance.

This is perfectly normal in my experience.

I do believe that it's oils from one's fingers (on the cap) that are burning off.

When heating with an IH, the temperature ramps up slowly enough that the oils smoke off as they burn.
With a torch though, the oils get vaporized pretty much immediately in the intense heat of the flame.

Some people try not to handle the cap with their hands and use a magnet instead, but I think this is more to preserve the cosmetic condition of the cap than anything else.

In my case, the oils seem to burn off well before the click happens, so I'm not bothered by it. :spliff:

pmthokku

I do believe that it's oils from one's fingers (on the cap) that are burning off.

When heating with an IH, the temperature ramps up slowly enough that the oils smoke off as they burn.
With a torch though, the oils get vaporized pretty much immediately in the intense heat of the flame.

Some people try not to handle the cap with their hands and use a magnet instead, but I think this is more to preserve the cosmetic condition of the cap than anything else.

In my case, the oils seem to burn off well before the click happens, so I'm not bothered by it. :spliff:
Thanks! If what you posit is true (oil from skin on cap) then the smoking should stop in a few seconds. Will try it again without getting alarmed. Don't want to combust ;)

fogbank

Dear All,

I experience this with DynaVaps and induction heaters. Right before the click there is a small amount of vapor that is released. It always smells like vaped cannabis to me.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Woof :lol: ...Mine are 20.01-20.06mm
Thank you ! :)) That is great news,looks it the Ispire Wand would fit the Wand Vape,lol. I still have doubts that it will work better than a torch,as this is one massive chunk of SS,probably would heat too slow.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Cheebsy
Top Bottom