• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ispire Wand, enail&vaporizer

hinglemccringleberry

Hey guys, just got a Wand for my Dynavap and I'm loving it. I've only had time for one quick session so far. Got great hits with no insert.

But I have a "confused newbie" question - everyone says to use it on Auto mode, and there are plenty of instructions about it.
But no one talks about what to do AFTER you're done heating it, when you want to stop heating between hits. The only way I can make it stop heating in Auto mode is to turn it off completely with 5 clicks of the button. If I don't, it keeps heating in between my hits. Is this what people are doing in Auto mode??? They're using it as a "session mode" and the damn thing stays hot the entire time? That seems like a great way to suck your batteries dry real fast...

Manual mode seems to make more sense. I can make it stop heating in between hits just like the torch lighter I'm used to. But ALL Dynavap users are saying to use Auto mode. No one says a word about manual mode w/ a Dynavap, even though it makes much more sense to me since it's an on-demand style of use. What is going on here, am I missing something?

Also, i have the version with no concentrate/flower toggle button. And it's only in concentrate mode. I heard you can take the Wand apart to access a hidden button to switch it to flower mode? How necessary is this for Dynavap / flower vaping and what does it accomplish??

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Riik

Hey guys, just got a Wand for my Dynavap and I'm loving it. I've only had time for one quick session so far. Got great hits with no insert.

But I have a "confused newbie" question - everyone says to use it on Auto mode, and there are plenty of instructions about it.
But no one talks about what to do AFTER you're done heating it, when you want to stop heating between hits. The only way I can make it stop heating in Auto mode is to turn it off completely with 5 clicks of the button. If I don't, it keeps heating in between my hits. Is this what people are doing in Auto mode??? They're using it as a "session mode" and the damn thing stays hot the entire time? That seems like a great way to suck your batteries dry real fast...

Manual mode seems to make more sense. I can make it stop heating in between hits just like the torch lighter I'm used to. But ALL Dynavap users are saying to use Auto mode. No one says a word about manual mode w/ a Dynavap, even though it makes much more sense to me since it's an on-demand style of use. What is going on here, am I missing something?

Also, i have the version with no concentrate/flower toggle button. And it's only in concentrate mode. I heard you can take the Wand apart to access a hidden button to switch it to flower mode? How necessary is this for Dynavap / flower vaping and what does it accomplish??
The Wand only 'heats' when the light blinks and the Dynavap is inside (yellow orange blink), otherwise it blinks red for few seconds and then stops; no 'heat' is produced if you dont insert the Dynavap.

hinglemccringleberry

Well I had my first accidental combustion with the Wand/Dynavap. There were a few causes...
When I was heating it in auto mode, the flashing light randomly turned to solid 'on'. I stared at it wondering what the heck that means. At the same time, my cap failed to click. So I wound up heating for too long.
The result was a smoky smoke draw.
Oh well. I'm still very happy with this thing and it's good to know I have that power at my disposal for those times I'm using the DV in cold winter weather.
In the future I guess I will just assume that my cap might fail to click at any time. That also happens with my torch lighter but only a few times a year. But it happened on my 2nd session with the wand...

Last edited:

Texus

Busted out the Wand today and forgot how lovely it is. Barring a click not being heard (or happening, tho don't think that has even happened to me). it really is so lovely and repeatable. Such a lovely device. Need to get back to dabs with it too....

felvapes

My wand is great with the DV
I liked that it could do dabs
But they aren't optimal dabs

It's a DV IH for me
The Daab is great however especially modded to run 15mm sic
Although my pockety just retired that too

The Daab was good for both DV and dabs though

But yea the wand just smashes a DV in two heat cycles for me and is very even extraction

wamalt

Anyone consistently using this with the flower cup for vaporizing flower? Searching for an all-glass, no-flame vape and this seems to fit the bill.

I had read some complaints about needing a screen - what about something like a glass button screen in the bottom of the banger?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone consistently using this with the flower cup for vaporizing flower? Searching for an all-glass, no-flame vape and this seems to fit the bill.

I had read some complaints about needing a screen - what about something like a glass button screen in the bottom of the banger?

I don't think really anyone is, the flower cup was discontinued and they stopped including that setting? If you want all glass electronic vape check out the new BAK but there are a lot of other great options for vaping herbs with pure glass pathways other than this... (like the glass bowl injectors and glass stem pure convection vapes)

Shit Snacks,

wamalt

I don't think really anyone is, the flower cup was discontinued and they stopped including that setting? If you want all glass electronic vape check out the new BAK but there are a lot of other great options for vaping herbs with pure glass pathways other than this... (like the glass bowl injectors and glass stem pure convection vapes)
Interesting - I still see the flower cup for sale on their site, I didn't realize it was discontinued?

BAKx looks intriguing - thanks for the recommendation. I will look into it. From first glance it does seem to be a true glass bowl with glass straw, instead of stainless steel bowl with glass straw like many other vapes.

Can you give some name examples of the glass convection or glass bowl injector vapes that are all-glass (no metals touching the flower or in the vapor path)?

wamalt,

Shit Snacks

Interesting - I still see the flower cup for sale on their site, I didn't realize it was discontinued?

BAKx looks intriguing - thanks for the recommendation. I will look into it.

Can you give some name examples of the glass convection or glass bowl injector vapes that are all-glass (no metals touching the flower or in the vapor path)?

That's just all I remember from reading here, they probably still have a ton of stock of the flower cups so why not sell them I guess? You can search in the thread but I really don't think anyone had much success with it... Okay I'm not sure about that much all glass, battery powered, even the BAK has a ssteel coil around the glass and the pure convection stem vapes have ssteel in the heaters although there are all glass stems I think steel much screens are often necessary... Most fully all glass requires torch heating as far as I've seen (this is pretty off topic for this thread now, if you search through the ask FC section you will actually see this question asked already so I would say try there) because even injectors work best with steel mesh screen in the bowl (though there are all glass bowls too)

Shit Snacks,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
That's just all I remember from reading here, they probably still have a ton of stock of the flower cups so why not sell them I guess? You can search in the thread but I really don't think anyone had much success with it... Okay I'm not sure about that much all glass, battery powered, even the BAK has a ssteel coil around the glass and the pure convection stem vapes have ssteel in the heaters although there are all glass stems I think steel much screens are often necessary... Most fully all glass requires torch heating as far as I've seen (this is pretty off topic for this thread now, if you search through the ask FC section you will actually see this question asked already so I would say try there) because even injectors work best with steel mesh screen in the bowl (though there are all glass bowls too)
I just had a crazy idea on the topic of all glass vapes and the wand. Couldn't you attach a glass stem into the wand flower cup with a silicone ring as a seal with small section cut out for air intake, add a small screen (or use a stem with an integrated glass screen like arizer) and then heat it with the wand? All glass vape with IH heating.

Don't have everything I need handy to try it but might give it a go...🤔

If anyone out there has the wand (I do but I repurposed both bangers) and wants to try it and report back I'd be very grateful.

Last edited:

wamalt

I just had a crazy idea on the topic of all glass vapes and the wand. Couldn't you attach a glass stem into the wand flower cup with a silicone ring as a seal, add a small screen (or use a stem with an integrated glass screen like arizer) and then heat it with the wand? All glass vape with IH heating.

Don't have everything I need handy to try it but might give it a go...🤔

If anyone out there has the wand (I do but I repurposed both bangers) and wants to try it and report back I'd be very grateful.

Basically a vaponic or TRWW terpcicle inside the wand flower cup and use the wand to heat the flower cup which heats the vaponic/terpcicle?

wamalt,

Shit Snacks

Basically a vaponic or TRWW terpcicle inside the wand flower cup and use the wand to heat the flower cup which heats the vaponic/terpcicle?

I think you do need metal for the induction right? So yeah like BAK and those glass torch vapes being used with the heater

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

wamalt

I think you do need metal for the induction right? So yeah like BAK and those glass torch vapes being used with the heater
Right, you need metal - the flower cup attachment has metal inside it, it's just encased inside a layer of glass so that it doesn't interact with anything and only transfers heat. I just wonder how well the heat will transfer through the flower cup glass and the glass of the vaponic/terpcicle.

wamalt,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Sounds about right?

The wand heats the glass cup from the steel encased inside (not in the airpath), your flower goes in the cup, then you shove a glass stem/screen combo into the cup and mate the two with some silicone strips but leave a bit of space for air intake. Heat the cup with the wand and draw. You could probably figure out the best temps by counting flashes but once you've got the numbers it should be very predictable. I guess you could change the draw resistance by the air gap you leave between the silicone parts keeping the cup and stem together.

Very much like a vaponic. I tried to use my vaponic with the wand by putting a small metal sleeve over the outer glass and heating that. It works but I think the flower cup from the wand has a much bigger bowl?

Last edited:

wamalt

Sounds about right?

The wand heats the glass cup from the steel encased inside (not in the airpath), your flower goes in the cup, then you shove a glass stem/screen combo into the cup and mate the two with some silicon strips but leave a bit of space for air intake. Heat the cup with the wand and draw. You could probably figure out the best temps by counting flashes but once you've got the numbers it should be very predictable. I guess you could change the draw resistance by the air gap you leave between the silicone parts keeping the cup and stem together.

Very much like a vaponic. I tried to use my vaponic with the wand but putting a small metal sleeve over the outer glass and heating that. It works but I think the flower cup from the wand has a much bigger bowl?
Would the vaponic actually fit inside the bottomless flower cup? Unfortunately I don't know quite how big the opening is in the flower cup

wamalt,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Would the vaponic actually fit inside the bottomless flower cup? Unfortunately I don't know quite how big the opening is in the flower cup
Well, the reason I don't have the bangers anymore is precisely because I smashed them to grab the inner metal sleeve which fits perfectly over the vaponic. So, since this sleeve was originally encased in glass making the diameter of the cup smaller, I don't think the vaponic would fit inside it.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: wamalt

wamalt

Well, the reason I don't have the bangers anymore is precisely because I smashed them to grab the inner metal sleeve which fits perfectly over the vaponic. So, since this sleeve was originally encased in glass making the diameter of the cup smaller, I don't think the vaponic would fit inside it.
Ah. Got it. Well since we know the Vaponic doesn't fit, then I do wonder if Arizer glass stems would fit as you had originally mentioned... Vaponic site says the outer diameter is 0.575". An online listing for a wood Arizer Solo stem says 0.5" outer diameter. So Arizer stem is indeed smaller. Wonder if that would be enough to fit?

Last edited:
wamalt,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Ah. Got it. Well since we know the Vaponic doesn't fit, then I do wonder if Arizer glass stems would fit as you had originally mentioned... Vaponic site says the outer diameter is 0.575". An online listing for a wood Arizer Solo stem says 0.5" outer diameter. So Arizer stem is indeed smaller. Wonder if that would be enough to fit?
Sounds promising! Plus you'll have a glass screen built in as well. Worth a shot. I wish I had saved one banger... oh well.

TigoleBitties,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
How well did the Vaponic with the metal band around it work? Did the plant burn at the edges or cook pretty even?
So... mixed results. Sometimes the edges would burn a little and other times cooking was very even. Tearing off little nugs seemed to work best but maybe sometimes I packed too tight and the edges would burn from conduction. You could also scorch the top depending on the speed of your draw or the temp you reached. I found it tough to be consistent.

The big drawback is that the sleeve obscures the bowl so you can't see the flower change color. The color change from green to slight brownish is what the torch users usually use as a cue to stop heating. With the wand what I do is count clicks and draw while heating to detect the start of vapor production. Maybe a steel wire or mesh wrapped around the glass would work better for visual cues and also spike temps less via less metal.

Overall I would say it was around 10-12 flashes of the wand from cold to get vapor and then maybe 5-6 flashes for re-heating. I like the results when it works but it's tricky sometimes to prevent charring.

TigoleBitties,

Riik

The Wand is not at it's best when using the glass cup for vaping herb. It can be done but there are many other options out there that do it much better -the Arizer family with their glass stems to mention one. The Wand shines when used as a IH for DV.

Riik,
Reactions: felvapes

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The Wand is not at it's best when using the glass cup for vaping herb. It can be done but there are many other options out there that do it much better -the Arizer family with their glass stems to mention one. The Wand shines when used as a IH for DV.
If you've tried using the flower cup can you say why the wand underperforms for you? I'm thinking if it was repurposed as the tip/bowl attached to an all glass stem it might work if you close off the bottomless part of the cup with a screen or vented glass stopper of some kind. What don't you like about the way the wand heats the cup?

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom