Discontinued Hopper io

JBone65

My clicker started acting up again, couldn't shut it off, didn't feel right, etc. Did a full cleaning including, for the first time, soaking my backend in 91% ISO for a half hour. Also swished it around and clicked it a few times while soaking. Dried it with a hairdryer, got it pretty hot, then waited another 3-4 hours just in case. The clicker function seems to be improved thus far. Have only gotten a couple of hits but it seems to be performing normally.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
My clicker started acting up again, couldn't shut it off, didn't feel right, etc. Did a full cleaning including, for the first time, soaking my backend in 91% ISO for a half hour. Also swished it around and clicked it a few times while soaking. Dried it with a hairdryer, got it pretty hot, then waited another 3-4 hours just in case. The clicker function seems to be improved thus far. Have only gotten a couple of hits but it seems to be performing normally.

This can be helpful too:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
My IO l backend came apart one time. I was going to send it back to hopper labs but was hesitant because I wasn’t sure if I would ever see it again. Anyways, I was able to put it back together and it’s working. What I did to take it apart in the first place was to push down on the dial as I turned it. This allows the backend to come apart. You can put it back together the same way, push the dial down as you turn it counterclockwise.

Edit: if you try and take your backend apart, just be careful there are a few springs in there that can get lost easily.

RustyOldNail

My IO l backend came apart one time. I was going to send it back to hopper labs but was hesitant because I wasn’t sure if I would ever see it again. Anyways, I was able to put it back together and it’s working. What I did to take it apart in the first place was to push down on the dial as I turned it. This allows the backend to come apart. You can put it back together the same way, push the dial down as you turn it counterclockwise.

Edit: if you try and take your backend apart, just be careful there are a few springs in there that can get lost easily.

Before attempting to take apart a backend on purpose, READ MY POST linked below. I DO NOT RECOMMEND it!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Before attempting to take apart a backend on purpose, READ MY POST linked below. I DO NOT RECOMMEND it!

That belongs in an HL HOF thread. There are few breakdown pictures herein and that’s a great one if the backend! Yeah, taking that apart is not for the faint of heart. That’s for sure. I’d only attempt it out of desperation.

So what’s the consensus with HL selling batteries? Any left in stock or is that the final bell (for now, save a few 3rd party sellers selling HL accessories - and any near extinct Hoppers)? :peace:

Vaporific,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out

Yeah I wouldn’t want to take it apart again. I lost one spring 😂. I was able to put it back together but now when it is on the clicker is loose. Not a big deal to me. Those are some really good pictures though, of all the backend parts.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
They might still be selling batteries, hopefully they are. Several of us io "users" are waiting for them. We should know something in a week or two.
I ordered the batteries June 15th, on Friday it will be a while 30 days. Idk how long my bank will cover me for if I report it to them. 😔

Vapetrees,
  • Sad
Reactions: Vaporific

fogbank

I rode the Grasshopper train since 2016. I have multiple working OG and IO Hoppers as well as AC power adapters and the right PSU to power both models. I may have some decent GBH3 batteries too.

I would say that I never had a decently performing IO Hopper (out of 4). It all came down to battery life for me. I could never get an IO that would give me anywhere near the number of hits on a fully charged battery compared to an OG Hopper. I tried everything, even brand new GHB3 batteries, and the performance was terrible. Great hits, but 3-4 hits per charge, etc... I got tired of trying to figure out why.

I finally decided to get off of the train and I haven't looked back since. I have so many other good options that the Hoppers never get used.

The only exception is when I travel. The OG Hopper is the best travel vape for me. I can pack the AC adapter in my luggage and forget about battery life.

tryingtowin

anyone have a guide or tutorial on how to properly disassemble the rear end..as I have a for sure broken one that I feel like looking at but also want to be able to put back together.

tryingtowin,

RustyOldNail

anyone have a guide or tutorial on how to properly disassemble the rear end..as I have a for sure broken one that I feel like looking at but also want to be able to put back together.

If you look at my post EIGHT posts above yours, there is a link to a photo of all the parts. My observation, looking at the tapered design and open split-ring, that it was never designed to be opened by customers. The makers most likely had a custom jig to press all the parts together, or a rubber mallet. Not sure if they ever intended it to be taken apart either. A few of us simply has the backend come apart when changing the temp settings. By closely examining the copper colored split ring, which is hard to see in that photo, I believe that the rough sharp unfinished edges of the split ring can grab the metal sleeve when turning the exterior temperature dial. This then slightly compresses the ring enough for the spring loaded parts to push the parts out. I was planning on offering this hypothesis to them, but never bothered as they were not customer service friendly and seldom if ever respond to emails. They were probably aware of this design flaw, as they must have looked at the ones that were returned that came apart. I have all the pieces, but was never able to push it back together, and didn’t want to pound on the rear push button with a mallet.

You said yours was “broken”, if you think it’s an electrical issue, try some of the possible solutions, like contact spray, ISO soaking. If it’s mechanical, then I guess you have nothing to loss trying to pry it open. I would not know how to do that, mine sprung apart the day I received it, and without replacement parts, not sure what you would achieve. Good luck, hope the photo helps.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
If it makes you feel any better mine came apart and I was able to put it back together. It sucked, you need to use a lot of force to press the dial down, while at the same time turning it so it locks back into place. But, be careful cause if you don’t press it down enough it can come apart and you may lose the springs if they fly apart 😆

RustyOldNail

If it makes you feel any better mine came apart and I was able to put it back together. It sucked, you need to use a lot of force to press the dial down, while at the same time turning it so it locks back into place. But, be careful cause if you don’t press it down enough it can come apart and you may lose the springs if they fly apart 😆

Good job. When mine first came apart it was in my hand, and it did not come all the way out. At that point I was able to twist it back in. I remembered after reading this entire thread, that it happened to two others, so I knew what to do, but in a few minutes, after twisting the temp dial again, it backed out again. At that point I pulled it out the rest of the way ASSUMING at the time it would be easy to twist back in, since it was coming out so easily. At that point I contacted vgoogiez, he was trying to help them at that time, and he had them send me a new backend. Naturally…. they sent it regular mail, so I was unable to even try it for another two weeks, that’s when I realized all the reports of bad CS were true. Remember, these are NOT CHEAP devices!

Keep an eye on yours, especially as you turn the temp dial all the way toward the lowest setting, that’s the spot where mine came out twice. I was going to make a homemade rig to attempt the press fit, but once I had the replacement backend, I put the parts away after sharing the breakdown photo here.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Good job. When mine first came apart it was in my hand, and it did not come all the way out. At that point I was able to twist it back in. I remembered after reading this entire thread, that it happened to two others, so I knew what to do, but in a few minutes, after twisting the temp dial again, it backed out again. At that point I pulled it out the rest of the way ASSUMING at the time it would be easy to twist back in, since it was coming out so easily. At that point I contacted vgoogiez, he was trying to help them at that time, and he had them send me a new backend. Naturally…. they sent it regular mail, so I was unable to even try it for another two weeks, that’s when I realized all the reports of bad CS were true. Remember, these are NOT CHEAP devices!

Keep an eye on yours, especially as you turn the temp dial all the way toward the lowest setting, that’s the spot where mine came out twice. I was going to make a homemade rig to attempt the press fit, but once I had the replacement backend, I put the parts away after sharing the breakdown photo here.
I’m glad you got it sorted out. I have been using it like normally. I just don’t press it down while turning it anymore. I used to do that cause on my OG purple Ti, it helped when adjusting the temperature. On the IO there’s no need to press it down.

Vaporific

Happy Humpday. I felt bold, rolled the dice and just ordered 6 batteries, 3 for me and 3 for a local friend who occasionally posts who I won’t identify now. Let’s see if/when these show up. I used my credit card in case I need to dispute the charge. And I was able to use the “late420” promo code, FYI.

Should I receive these, they will sit unused in my fridge until needed. We shall see. I still love my IO and OG and both run fairly well. I’m still unsure of HL’s fate so we’ll see if these ever arrive - TBD. Cheers. :peace:

Vaporific,

RustyOldNail

Happy Humpday. I felt bold, rolled the dice and just ordered 6 batteries, 3 for me and 3 for a local friend who occasionally posts who I won’t identify now. Let’s see if/when these show up. I used my credit card in case I need to dispute the charge. And I was able to use the “late420” promo code, FYI.

Should I receive these, they will sit unused in my fridge until needed. We shall see. I still love my IO and OG and both run fairly well. I’m still unsure of HL’s fate so we’ll see if these ever arrive - TBD. Cheers. :peace:

Did you see @Vapetrees post above, he ordered batteries a month ago….. don’t believe he received them yet. A year ago I did two separate battery orders, and they came within 2 weeks, no notification of course. Good luck!

Vaporific

Did you see @Vapetrees post above, he ordered batteries a month ago….. don’t believe he received them yet. A year ago I did two separate battery orders, and they came within 2 weeks, no notification of course. Good luck!
Thanks. I did and hoping it’s an outlier however at this stage of the HL game and evolution it might not be. I’m prepared to dispute the charge if that amount of time goes by without receiving them (or any shipping confirmation). As I said, I’m rolling the dice. Let’s see what happens. I do have a batch of recent batts from late last year in addition to a few older ones to hold me over until… TBD. Cheers. :peace:

Adobewan

Some good battery news.
Being I ordered a 3-pack on the 23rd of April and received them on the 30th, I took a gamble and ordered another 3-pack on June 22nd.
Crickets... Other members posted their concerns about battery orders being ghosted. Figured it was a gamble lost.
This morning I received a Shop notice that they shipped today and should arrive Saturday, July 16.

tryingtowin

Some good battery news.
Being I ordered a 3-pack on the 23rd of April and received them on the 30th, I took a gamble and ordered another 3-pack on June 22nd.
Crickets... Other members posted their concerns about battery orders being ghosted. Figured it was a gamble lost.
This morning I received a Shop notice that they shipped today and should arrive Saturday, July 16.
Wow so if this is true they are still fulfilling what stock they do have..debating weather or not to submit a claim for the backend if they reply 😂

Vaporific

There is always hope. Some good news indeed.

debating weather or not to submit a claim for the backend if they reply 😂
That would be pushing your luck. We battery purchasers are holding our breath our orders will be fulfilled. An RMA sent in now would take months if not a year or more if they’re that short on cash and parts. Kind of like the old days but it’s deja vu all over again 🤣:peace:

Top Bottom