Discontinued Hopper io

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Some good battery news.
Being I ordered a 3-pack on the 23rd of April and received them on the 30th, I took a gamble and ordered another 3-pack on June 22nd.
Crickets... Other members posted their concerns about battery orders being ghosted. Figured it was a gamble lost.
This morning I received a Shop notice that they shipped today and should arrive Saturday, July 16.
What?! They didn’t notify you they were shipping though? I haven’t heard anything back from them

Edit: Just logged into my hopper account and they are arriving on the 16th as well. 🙌. May order more now 😂

JBone65

Some good battery news.
Being I ordered a 3-pack on the 23rd of April and received them on the 30th, I took a gamble and ordered another 3-pack on June 22nd.
Crickets... Other members posted their concerns about battery orders being ghosted. Figured it was a gamble lost.
This morning I received a Shop notice that they shipped today and should arrive Saturday, July 16.
After seeing your post, I logged in and checked on my battery order. The status still says "in progress" but there was a tracking number, USPS says it will arrive here on Saturday the 16th.

Also, an update on the clicker. I have continued to experience problems after soaking the backend in ISO. It's working normally now, but it sometimes gets hung up either on or off. From the picture, it looked like there is a plastic piece just like a clicker in a ball point pen. Maybe I didn't soak it long enough, but I suspect it's damaged. I do not want to take it apart...:o

Still waiting to hear on a Bamboo HI shipping date.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
After seeing your post, I logged in and checked on my battery order. The status still says "in progress" but there was a tracking number, USPS says it will arrive here on Saturday the 16th.
That’s typical of HL. I ordered accessories a few years ago and one of the items said “In progress” long after I received it. They’re a mess with ordering inventory and tracking it. Perhaps batteries are slightly delayed given the update above 🙏. We shall see. :peace:

Vaporific,

slozukimc

That’s typical of HL. I ordered accessories a few years ago and one of the items said “In progress” long after I received it. They’re a mess with ordering inventory and tracking it. Perhaps batteries are slightly delayed given the update above 🙏. We shall see. :peace:
I really don’t get these people at HL. They claim to be intelligent human beings but yet they can’t figure out how to respond to emails. They seem like the “it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission” type that completely forgets to even apologize.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hl has not sent out a shipping notification on years.
They expect you to glance at your online invoice regularly to see if a tracking number has been added, which is a good indication but may only tell you the label has been created. You then have to check the USPS tracking regularly... 🥱

vapviking,

Vaporific

They claim to be intelligent human beings but yet they can’t figure out how to respond to emails. They seem like the “it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission” type that completely forgets to even apologize.
Nor are they proficient in updating order status within their portal. Too much volume and transactions and not enough people to provide correct status updates. They’d rather we forget about things than answer us. It’s been like that for a long time, ingrained with how their business operated (and continues to operate - or lack thereof).

Will they close their doors for good after the batteries supply runs out? Do they have anything else remotely available? It doesn’t sound like it. Maybe, just maybe, they’ll again rise from the ashes but who really knows? The indications aren’t good however. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Vapetrees

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Nor are they proficient in updating order status within their portal. Too much volume and transactions and not enough people to provide correct status updates. They’d rather we forget about things than answer us. It’s been like that for a long time, ingrained with how their business operated (and continues to operate - or lack thereof).

Will they close their doors for good after the batteries supply runs out? Do they have anything else remotely available? It doesn’t sound like it. Maybe, just maybe, they’ll again rise from the ashes but who really knows? The indications aren’t good however. :peace:
I hope they are able to survive. I’m going to keep needing batteries and they’re the only ones that can provide us with some.

Vaporific

I hope they are able to survive. I’m going to keep needing batteries and they’re the only ones that can provide us with some.
We’re all in the same boat (unless you’re one of the few with the power sled from MaxVapor; I don’t have one). It’s mainly a portable vape thus batteries are required for portability. Without them it’s a paperweight. I want them to survive too however they are a product of their own doing, and perhaps demise. We’ll see. :peace::peace:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
We’re all in the same boat (unless you’re one of the few with the power sled from MaxVapor; I don’t have one). It’s mainly a portable vape thus batteries are required for portability. Without them it’s a paperweight. I want them to survive too however they are a product of their own doing, and perhaps demise. We’ll see. :peace::peace:
I remember them saying they were working on another vaporizer after they made the IO. Even if they are, idk how many will want to support their next projects… yeah I wish I had bought that power adapter

Last edited:

JBone65

I would probably buy an improved model, especially if it's really improved. Might even buy another plain SS io if it were offered at a good price (with a basic warranty). They've been married to the sleek metal pen design until now.

Last edited:

JBone65

PXL-20220715-125036070-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20220715-130046585-PORTRAIT.jpg

Was in the process of cleaning when I noticed that I couldn't see light thru the intake ports. Then I noticed there was a minor air flow restriction. Although I couldn't unscrew the chamber and element when I tried a while ago, it was already loose when I tried this time. Found the element covered with what could be lint or something just like lint. Soaked the element in 91% ISO, cleaned it and let it dry. Hand tightened the chamber, will probably have to torque it down at some point.W

Works fine with the $37/oz Tropicana Cookies and the $62/oz Cracker Jack I just found. I like to shop Oklahoma dispensaries for deals and there are some incredible deals to be found right now.
Tropicana-Cookies-7-22.jpg

Cracker-Jack-7-22.jpg

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
PXL-20220715-125036070-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20220715-130046585-PORTRAIT.jpg

Was in the process of cleaning when I noticed that I couldn't see light thru the intake ports. Then I noticed there was a minor air flow restriction. Although I couldn't unscrew the chamber and element when I tried a while ago, it was already loose when I tried this time. Found the element covered with what could be lint or something just like lint. Soaked the element in 91% ISO, cleaned it and I'll let it dry. Hand tightened the chamber, will probably have to torque it down at some point.W

Works fine with the $37/oz Tropicana Cookies and the $62/oz Cracker Jack I just found. I like to shop Oklahoma dispensaries for deals and there are some incredible deals to be found right now.
Tropicana-Cookies-7-22.jpg

Cracker-Jack-7-22.jpg
Wait a minute. That’s the heater assembly? The screen that goes on top came off too? And, it still works? 😂 That flower looks really nice too

Vaporific

Nine days since I ordered batteries and haven’t heard from HL. I got the order confirmation and that’s it. I checked my account and it shows Processing - like the last two orders from 2 years ago, lol. Yeah, they’re really good about this stuff - lol. One could only fathom how they’ve gotten this far operating like they have... :peace:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Nine days since I ordered batteries and haven’t heard from HL. I got the order confirmation and that’s it. I checked my account and it shows Processing - like the last two orders from 2 years ago, lol. Yeah, they’re really good about this stuff - lol. One could only fathom how they’ve gotten this far operating like they have... :peace:
Hopefully you get them soon. I just used my IO today and I really enjoy it. The terpenes and flavor from the Runtz I put in there was insane. I put little pieces of flower; that I plucked off. The taste was sooo good.

Vaporific

Hopefully you get them soon. I just used my IO today and I really enjoy it. The terpenes and flavor from the Runtz I put in there was insane. I put little pieces of flower; that I plucked off. The taste was sooo good.
Runtz is a strain currently in my rotation. It’s really good. I usually have several strains on hand. I find with most vapes - and this is likely my biochemistry makeup - the first draw or two are flavorful and terpy (on low temps), and everything after is meh. This has been my experience with both my OG and IO Hoppers.

The battery waiting game continues, and I’m prepared to dispute the charge with my credit card company if necessary in a couple more weeks. To be continued… :peace:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Runtz is a strain currently in my rotation. It’s really good. I usually have several strains on hand. I find with most vapes - and this is likely my biochemistry makeup - the first draw or two are flavorful and terpy (on low temps), and everything after is meh. This has been my experience with both my OG and IO Hoppers.

The battery waiting game continues, and I’m prepared to dispute the charge with my credit card company if necessary in a couple more weeks. To be continued… :peace:
Yeah the flavor is good on the first two draws then after that it starts to get more toasty. I think the Hopper extracts fast that’s why. I can finish up a bowl in a few hits if I try. Normally, I tempt step. Two hits on the second dial, then finish it at 4 or 4.5 natively. No WPA or anything. 😆 I think a lot of the vapes I have are like this though. Good flavor in the beginning, then it dies off.

It took almost a month for me to get mine. It was almost day 30 that I had to check on the site to see they had updated it to shipped.

Top Bottom