Discontinued Hopper io

Tweakz

I’ve been waiting since Nov. 6 to hear back on a faulty back-end that “separated” after 5 days. Was told they could ship out a replacement back-end on the 9th, that was the last I’ve heard from them. Nothing has been shipped three weeks later, in the time since the unit has completely died. I’ve sent two responses on the previous warranty and even opened a new one 7 days ago. Haven’t heard from em.

Id wager they’re still a gamble.
damn it, this isn't good.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
sorry to hear of your problem , but I still haven't received my colored Ti . Waiting since April.
I'm a little peeved that I have no response to my inquiry about purchase of an io (at the sale price) and trading in 2 og's for credit toward that purchase. Their answer seems apparent at this point, last day of the sale and all...

Now, some reports from others of radio silence lately, and that doesn't feel good either.

@Modicum and others now have waited 7 or more months for their color io orders. Will these color io's soon join the ranks of 'products HL has taken money for and not delivered for years'?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
at least give the customer the option of changing the request to a regular Ti instead of a color and credit the balance to their account. Oops , did I just use the C word ?
I believe you have the option to do that, but there's no credit, since Ti and color are the same price.
You could have been hopping all along, just in b&w, not color!

Modicum

it's so long ago I forgot , I just hope they do the right thing by everybody. Just a little bit of communication goes a long way. Is there a Co. Rep on this site?

jabba

To nobody in particular here....and no offense intended.....just sayin':

I too requested another $80 trade credit to accompany the Black Friday Special...and I too have not heard back from them. Unlike many here...I am not surprised...I am not complaining....and I am not unhappy. Hopper is busy....they have more important things to do...and they are trying (like many) to survive. If they get back to me and make me the deal....great! If not....well I understand that too.

I am very aware of the MANY customer service issues relating to Hopper Labs. I have been an owner of two OG's since 2016. I have read the old and new forums. Many customers have many reasons to be angry with HL. I get it. I really do. After reading this thread from start to finish this weekend....It struck me what a demanding and finnicky bunch we are. No...I'm not defending HL's prior bad business practices. I am also not defending some bad consumer practices that I have read about over and over and over and over. HL has made many mistakes....and those of us most offended should pack up and move on never to do business with HL again. Never sending batteries? Ignoring SS cases which had been ordered? Worse yet having dead hoppers in RMA hell for literally a year or more?....terrible....I get it. I'd imagine that HL will not cry a river over such a loss from these hurt customers....unfortunate indeed....but water under the bridge nonetheless. In my businesses....there are some 'clients' that are more trouble than they are worth....and I have fired those clients. Vape customers are no different....due to extremely hard use of device(s), demanding attitude(s), and in some cases an undue sense of privilege....whatever the case may be.....the bigger picture is often survival of the brand. They have made calculated decisions....some of us customers have been hurt. What is that old saying?....fool me once shame on you....fool me twice shame on me? I get it...HL SHOULD lose some of its customers...they deserve to lose them.

But again...my attitude differs. My two Hoppers from 2016 performed well. I was able to have batteries when needed. I am a user of Hoppers....but I don't 'require' them for my 'medication' and by comparison it seems as if my 'uses' are minimal when compared to many who post here. I love the build quality. I love the stealth. Nothing I've seen comes close to the functionality AND combined form factor of the Hopper. For my uses...Hopper is king.

I recently traded my perfectly clean and functional 2016 OG SS for an SS io. Wow. Quick transaction...quick shipping...perfect device (no I didn't analyze it for scratches....yes I cleaned the interior without complaining of residues....no they didn't have an ID number on the outside of the box....Yes they registered it for me online without a fuss). Most importantly....the device is a serious improvement beyond what I had already deemed to be the most useful vape FOR ME. The io is just awesome...to the point that I didn't think it were possible with flower. Just an on demand 'hitter' device. Easy to clean. Easy to carry. Replaceable battery. Very little required maintenance. No muss no fuss. Feels great.

My point? We should take the good with the bad. HL isn't perfect and neither are we. They are a young(ish) struggling company with a great product. Customer service is NOT HL's forte.....If you can't live with that fact.....move on to a different device. If you rely on your device(s) for medical purposes and require excellent service and fast attention because your health depends on it....buy another brand. If you think that the $300 price of admission for a 'lifetime warranty' product allows you to use and abuse at your pleasure and then expect overnight repairs over and over and over and over.....by all means....move on and buy another brand. Hopper Labs is not Apple Computers. Perhaps your usage and Hopper's device aren't a good match.

I'm not trying to be an asshole here. I love my Hoppers and have owned 3. My experiences aren't bad....one RMA for one device 4 years ago. None of my three devices have truly ever 'failed'. I am not a daily user....but the Hopper is always ready to perform when I call for it. I do know that your experience(s) may differ from mine...I get it....I really do. Generally I am not such a 'forgiving' guy when it comes to corporate mistreatment of customers....but it seems as if there are recurring posters here who just want to complain repeatedly and forever just because they have nothing better to do with their time. Hopper has taken care of me reasonably over the years....both with their devices and their service. I am THRILLED with the new io and I hope that it continues to perform. Besides the 90% of the posts on this thread...I have no reason to believe that my io will malfunction. If it does malfunction....I'll cross that bridge and have a reasonable expectation that HL will take care of it.

Go ahead...flame me...I expect it from this thread. It just amazes me that my opinion of this vape/device has been whittled down by 90 pages of posts w/ comments about scratches, residues, 2 year old RMA's and VERY VERY little about the product itself. HL likely couldn't have handled many situations any worse than they did....I get it....but if you are so continuously hurt over it....why still hang around and post? I have never seen a thread such as this....with a product I adore....and so many mass continuous complainers. This forum could have more to do with HL's success or failure than any single other. I for one hope that HL succeeds.

It is almost as if many of the posters here are SO STONED from their Hoppers that they continuously dwell on the minutia...scratches....oily residue....feel of the clicker....response of the dial....temperature variations between units....and VIRTUALLY ANYTHING ELSE besides the engineering marvel that is the device itself. Ha!....go figure....lol. I love you all.....but man....can we lighten up a bit ? If I'd listened to you all for the last 4 years I would be stuck with that Firefly that I bought and hated at first puff. App?....App?....I don't need no stinking app.

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I'm a little peeved that I have no response to my inquiry about purchase of an io (at the sale price) and trading in 2 og's for credit toward that purchase. Their answer seems apparent at this point, last day of the sale and all...

Now, some reports from others of radio silence lately, and that doesn't feel good either.

@Modicum and others now have waited 7 or more months for their color io orders. Will these color io's soon join the ranks of 'products HL has taken money for and not delivered for years'?
Haven’t heard from them over the holiday weekend either about the same thing: an OG trade-in with a potential discount thrown in. Oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :peace:

vapepilot

want to order at HL at the Blck Friday option which ends today but must wrote with HL to get special shipment option, but they dont answer for over 5 days :( so i will not order like it seems..

vapepilot,

DryBonesufo

To nobody in particular here....and no offense intended.....just sayin':

I too requested another $80 trade credit to accompany the Black Friday Special...and I too have not heard back from them. Unlike many here...I am not surprised...I am not complaining....and I am not unhappy. Hopper is busy....they have more important things to do...and they are trying (like many) to survive. If they get back to me and make me the deal....great! If not....well I understand that too.

I am very aware of the MANY customer service issues relating to Hopper Labs. I have been an owner of two OG's since 2016. I have read the old and new forums. Many customers have many reasons to be angry with HL. I get it. I really do. After reading this thread from start to finish this weekend....It struck me what a demanding and finnicky bunch we are. No...I'm not defending HL's prior bad business practices. I am also not defending some bad consumer practices that I have read about over and over and over and over. HL has made many mistakes....and those of us most offended should pack up and move on never to do business with HL again. Never sending batteries? Ignoring SS cases which had been ordered? Worse yet having dead hoppers in RMA hell for literally a year or more?....terrible....I get it. I'd imagine that HL will not cry a river over such a loss from these hurt customers....unfortunate indeed....but water under the bridge nonetheless. In my businesses....there are some 'clients' that are more trouble than they are worth....and I have fired those clients. Vape customers are no different....due to extremely hard use of device(s), demanding attitude(s), and in some cases an undue sense of privilege....whatever the case may be.....the bigger picture is often survival of the brand. They have made calculated decisions....some of us customers have been hurt. What is that old saying?....fool me once shame on you....fool me twice shame on me? I get it...HL SHOULD lose some of its customers...they deserve to lose them.

But again...my attitude differs. My two Hoppers from 2016 performed well. I was able to have batteries when needed. I am a user of Hoppers....but I don't 'require' them for my 'medication' and by comparison it seems as if my 'uses' are minimal when compared to many who post here. I love the build quality. I love the stealth. Nothing I've seen comes close to the functionality AND combined form factor of the Hopper. For my uses...Hopper is king.

I recently traded my perfectly clean and functional 2016 OG SS for an SS io. Wow. Quick transaction...quick shipping...perfect device (no I didn't analyze it for scratches....yes I cleaned the interior without complaining of residues....no they didn't have an ID number on the outside of the box....Yes they registered it for me online without a fuss). Most importantly....the device is a serious improvement beyond what I had already deemed to be the most useful vape FOR ME. The io is just awesome...to the point that I didn't think it were possible with flower. Just an on demand 'hitter' device. Easy to clean. Easy to carry. Replaceable battery. Very little required maintenance. No muss no fuss. Feels great.

My point? We should take the good with the bad. HL isn't perfect and neither are we. They are a young(ish) struggling company with a great product. Customer service is NOT HL's forte.....If you can't live with that fact.....move on to a different device. If you rely on your device(s) for medical purposes and require excellent service and fast attention because your health depends on it....buy another brand. If you think that the $300 price of admission for a 'lifetime warranty' product allows you to use and abuse at your pleasure and then expect overnight repairs over and over and over and over.....by all means....move on and buy another brand. Hopper Labs is not Apple Computers. Perhaps your usage and Hopper's device aren't a good match.

I'm not trying to be an asshole here. I love my Hoppers and have owned 3. My experiences aren't bad....one RMA for one device 4 years ago. None of my three devices have truly ever 'failed'. I am not a daily user....but the Hopper is always ready to perform when I call for it. I do know that your experience(s) may differ from mine...I get it....I really do. Generally I am not such a 'forgiving' guy when it comes to corporate mistreatment of customers....but it seems as if there are recurring posters here who just want to complain repeatedly and forever just because they have nothing better to do with their time. Hopper has taken care of me reasonably over the years....both with their devices and their service. I am THRILLED with the new io and I hope that it continues to perform. Besides the 90% of the posts on this thread...I have no reason to believe that my io will malfunction. If it does malfunction....I'll cross that bridge and have a reasonable expectation that HL will take care of it.

Go ahead...flame me...I expect it from this thread. It just amazes me that my opinion of this vape/device has been whittled down by 90 pages of posts w/ comments about scratches, residues, 2 year old RMA's and VERY VERY little about the product itself. HL likely couldn't have handled many situations any worse than they did....I get it....but if you are so continuously hurt over it....why still hang around and post? I have never seen a thread such as this....with a product I adore....and so many mass continuous complainers. This forum could have more to do with HL's success or failure than any single other. I for one hope that HL succeeds.

It is almost as if many of the posters here are SO STONED from their Hoppers that they continuously dwell on the minutia...scratches....oily residue....feel of the clicker....response of the dial....temperature variations between units....and VIRTUALLY ANYTHING ELSE besides the engineering marvel that is the device itself. Ha!....go figure....lol. I love you all.....but man....can we lighten up a bit ? If I'd listened to you all for the last 4 years I would be stuck with that Firefly that I bought and hated at first puff. App?....App?....I don't need no stinking app.
I don’t completely disagree with you but you actually have your hoppers, not only that it’s working. Some of these people were advised that they should be receiving their unit, should have been returned to HL to have it serviced. But COMMUNICATION is key to nurturing any type of relationship. Unfortunately they are not as nurturing as some companies. Look at DynaVap for example, small company but they communicated their struggles and let us the consumer in. Yeah the Dynavaps are not as complicated to make compared to this vape BUT HL should have been considerate of their consumers. The fact that they rolled out the IO without even sending units back from warranty is just fucking nuts. I have just purchased a new TI GH OG from Vape.gift and it’s been a fucking perfect beast. But I am cautious of the short comings.
perfect example: when I try to register on both HL websites they cannot verify my SN and code. I know that Vgoodiez is around to help but still that is something fucking important that must be done. I really feel bad that people are passionate about their product that the company may not show it back to them. I’m going to be very sad when this hopper does go through it’s troubles and I have to send it in. But I knew it going in but this device is just useful for fucking everything.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Is there a Co. Rep on this site?
Short answer is no, not for a couple of years now.
A while back @VGOODIEZ started doing some 'communications' help for HL here but it seems spotty that we hear from him lately? HL has gotten somewhat better with their own communications, so I think his role has tapered down a little (he's still a retailer for HL).

jabba

I don’t completely disagree with you but you actually have your hoppers, not only that it’s working. Some of these people were advised that they should be receiving their unit, should have been returned to HL to have it serviced. But COMMUNICATION is key to nurturing any type of relationship. Unfortunately they are not as nurturing as some companies. Look at DynaVap for example, small company but they communicated their struggles and let us the consumer in. Yeah the Dynavaps are not as complicated to make compared to this vape BUT HL should have been considerate of their consumers. The fact that they rolled out the IO without even sending units back from warranty is just fucking nuts. I have just purchased a new TI GH OG from Vape.gift and it’s been a fucking perfect beast. But I am cautious of the short comings.
perfect example: when I try to register on both HL websites they cannot verify my SN and code. I know that Vgoodiez is around to help but still that is something fucking important that must be done. I really feel bad that people are passionate about their product that the company may not show it back to them. I’m going to be very sad when this hopper does go through it’s troubles and I have to send it in. But I knew it going in but this device is just useful for fucking everything.
I hear you. This is why I repeated "I get it...I really do" in my post several times. I will say that had I been mistreated or defrauded...I wouldn't waste my time posting and lurking FOR YEARS. I'd have moved on.

The fact is....as I'd stated....HL most def has frittered away their opportunities for 'good faith' and upended many customer relationships. Lol I get it...I really do. There is no defense. Many have and should just 'move on'.

These threads show ONE side of any story. I'm not sure whether you can call Fuck Combustion posters among 'typical vape consumers'. Here we tend to see posts generally from die hard fanatics...whether you realize it or not. These are DEMANDING consumers here....with opinions....and heavy uses. Sure there are folks like me here too....but the usual and most prolific suspects/posters.....they live, breathe, and sleep vapes.

AFTER YEARS of only casually eyeing for a serious replacement to the Grasshopper...there really isn't one that 'rings my bell'. The new io?....it's just awesome. Uncomfortable doing business with HL?....I get it....I really do lol.....move on down the line. These hopper threads have become an opportunity for customers to berate HL hourly, daily, weekly, and year in/year out. Nobody talks about the io....just the customer service.

I s'pose I felt it important to remind others that i have been a happy consumer FOR YEARS. I just swapped one of my STILL WORKING OG's for a new io. I don't think that there is a stealth portable dry herb vape that competes on both form, function, and build. There are certainly plenty of posts here which aim to dissuade you from purchasing....lol I get it...I really do. I have batteries...plenty....of each iteration....and frankly they all work to varying degrees. I'm here to shed a bit of light from the 'other side of the moon'.

I know that it isn't much fun to hear from me.....'the happy one'. While I read these 85 pages of posts this weekend I realized what a vacuum has been created here. I am 100% certain that HL did not anticipate that they would be HERE after starting from that Indi-a-gogo campaign....but they are. I can attest...their product is superb in function, build, and form. Too much risk for you given their history?....I totally get it....move on. As my grandpa used to tell me....'good...more for me'.

Would my Hoppers still work if I crammed it into a water pipe 10 times per day? Carried it with me 24/7? If I used it 100 times per week? I don't know...because I don't use it in these fashions. Would your keychain, lighter or any other daily device(s) continue to work flawlessly under such duress? I think not.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. As far as Hopper goes on these forums.....all I hear are squeaky wheels.

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Like @jabba, I’m a happy hopper guy. No io for me (yet), but I’ve got a couple og’s and love them!

I had one rma experience but it was early on and went quickly and flawlessly. So I’m a fanboy. It’s just a near perfect form and function for me.

And like @jabba, I am not giving ghl a pass on its past (and to some extent, ongoing) conduct. I hear and accept the complaints and critiques posted here and on the other thread.

But I think the vape deserves some love too, so here’s mine :love:

jabba

Nice @Mr. Me2 !...thanks for chiming in. I don't know that I've ever been in such a situation with any other product where the 'conversation' is near universally negative while my experience is pure amazement and satisfaction. FOR MY USES....these Hoppers are (currently) as good as it gets.

Now for everyone else...back to your normally scheduled programming....howsabout more opining about why the vapor is too uncomfortably hot for you?....never mind the obviously extremely short vapor path for ultimate stealth and portability. Or having problems with customs in your country?....gosh fascinating....I'd love to hear more about that!...lol

Facts matter on both sides of any argument.

slozukimc

Like @jabba, I’m a happy hopper guy. No io for me (yet), but I’ve got a couple og’s and love them!

I had one rma experience but it was early on and went quickly and flawlessly. So I’m a fanboy. It’s just a near perfect form and function for me.

And like @jabba, I am not giving ghl a pass on its past (and to some extent, ongoing) conduct. I hear and accept the complaints and critiques posted here and on the other thread.

But I think the vape deserves some love too, so here’s mine :love:
I too love my Hoppers. I have had trouble. One is at HL somewhere now due to the fire. Shit happens. I got an IO and I use it all day every day like the tool it is meant to be. It gets a little finicky now and then, I give it a little love and cleaning and it goes back to normal. It did have to get replaced twice. Seemless and easy process that any CS department should be proud of.
I was kinda hoping for a reply about applying two Hoppers to the sale IO but also realize that is quite a lot to ask. Well I guess it might not be too much to ask for an answer.
Anyway, I guess I should charge up my batteries and get back to Hoppin.
Good day All!!!!

lisifi

@jabba @Mr. Me2 Yes, let's give a twist to this topic :)
i bought my OG GH (ss) close to 2y ago, refurbished, from a dutch vapeshop, and it still works :)
as a matter of fact ... it still outperforms a lot of my other vapes!
Sigh, i know some have had their share of problems with it, but man ... i haven't had any (yet) and dayum, ... i call it my mini-Evo at times;

Came with 3 batteries, i have one that still holds a charge :) so anyhow ... time has come:

Yesterday I ordered a IO (ss) ... couldn't keep saying no, as my OG batteries were dying ... then came the discount on batteries ... so i upgraded

i'm ever so crossing my fingers and hoping for a swift, problem-free delivery ... will keep you guys posted!
#hopeforthebest #yayhopper

edit: any word on the street about that MaxVapor (battery/pwr)adaptor?

vapepilot

Last edited:

vapepilot

lol, i got a order confirmation yesterday yes :)

but i guess this'll be some busy weeks now, considering the discount on the ss IO's
i'd give them a few days ;)
but this comes automatically i think

ok..i will give them but i wanted to buy with the Sherbert Actions some things with special shipment option, because of that i cant ordered with the discount 25 %. if they give me the discount later again, i dont know

Tweakz

a few days ago, I asked hoppers lab in the mail about the availability of hopper io ti , and today I received an email saying that "Yes, it is available and I can buy it".
I think I'll play this roulette and give another company a chance (like Tinymight) and take hopper io ss . is there a difference with ti?

I will definitely write when my io arrives

vapepilot

a few days ago, I asked hoppers lab in the mail about the availability of hopper io ti , and today I received an email saying that "Yes, it is available and I can buy it".
I think I'll play this roulette and give another company a chance (like Tinymight) and take hopper io ss . is there a difference with ti?

I will definitely write when my io arrives
they answered me too now, i have 4 SS io and i had one ti which i sold, the ABV was much darker at the ss version

2 others here made the same expirience

but is it always ? i dont know

vapepilot,
Reactions: Tweakz

jabba

excellent. thanks. I'll take the ss and wait for the package 🤘
You'll be happy. Back in 2016 I bought both (original hoppers) an SS and a Ti. They function very similarly, however, I always was partial to the SS. It just felt better. Better weight. Better feeling unscrewing/screwing the top on....just felt less 'toy' like. The Ti is perfectly great....it feels very lightweight in comparison to the SS. For my uses....the apparent slight better heat dissipation of the Ti is of no real world consequence. I recently traded my SS for an SS io....and I only traded the SS because my old Ti is in virtually like new and untouched condition while my SS was used semi frequently.

So...moral of the story...the SS is less expensive and I generally prefer it to the Ti. I have only one io and it is SS. My old Ti is still sitting in wait as a backup.....and I wish it were an io lol.

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
So...moral of the story...the SS is less expensive
The SS IO also has 5 watts less power than the TI IO. But that’s not why I bought a TI IO. I have a legacy/OG Ti Hopper which supposedly didn’t get as hot as the SS version with the same wattage. Mine still gets hot particularly when the battery power starts giving out. Not so much with my 9+ week old TI IO. That has remained relatively cool to the touch. I’m a native user (99% of the time) and my temps are modest at best.

With the IO however there’s a lot more power - and heat. Even trying to dial the temp down it was initially a bit too harsh for me. I’ve acclimated to it though with a different draw technique enabling me to use it on a higher temp (@ 3.5) - so I can feel more effect. I will say I’m enjoying the IO so far and to continue the good vibe the last page or two. Indeed HL has a way to go operationally and customer service-wise yet I think they’ve come quite a way with improving their product. “When it works well, it works well” is an old Hopper adage and I think/hope the IO will uphold that and perhaps leave that saying in the dust since quality and performance will be rigeur du jour (forgive the spelling). Indeed there have been some initial problems but I think it’s been fairly positive from what I’ve read herein. I’ve had a Hopper since 2016 and it’s always had a special place in my vape heart and roster (which is small at best) for its form and function. The former is obvious and the latter, perhaps a bit bumpy early on (I’ve had a few not to mention a year-long RMA like many), seems to have smoothed out quite a bit. The consistency of my IO is fantastic and it’s so nice to have mostly new batteries to go with it. Prior to my OG’s RMA, consistency was hard to come by. After RMA it works very well but does get very warm as described above. The IO is another level of consistency (so far, fingers crossed) with more power. Now only if the air path was a bit longer, LOL! But I do love my Hoppers, I really do. If I want to leave the house I can easily grab one (the IO of course) and just stick it in a pocket - or charge it up in my car. All good! :peace: :peace:

Top Bottom