• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Hopper io

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
It must've just updated because I've checked it at least 50 times but there is a number now :brow:

Should have her tomorrow. :ko:

Edit: I'll be the first to admit I was wrong (this time :lol:) about HL. Not only did they ship something I ordered on time they even beat their own deadline by a few days.
:rockon:Let’s go! Let us know how it goes and your impressions of it.

Poostuff

Please delete
I would not waste any time in Hopperland with what ifs. These ponderings have driven more than a few fine FC members absolutely batshit with anticipation. If you want one, get one. When it gets there, you will have it. Simple suggestions, not intending bad vibes or negativity. Life is too short to hold to hold your breath for
the next best thing. The IO is badass, its achilles' heel is the same as the original, the power cell. No matter how efficient, redesigned, more powerful, we are all waiting for new cells. Without them, its only premise....
Hmmm, that’s given me a lot to ponder over.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Instant Heat, well almost instant from the videos but damn fast!
IMO that is definitely instant as far as convection vapor goes. It's up to temp instantly, it just takes time for the material in the chamber to also get there and start producing. Unless you can defy the laws of physics I don't think you're going to get pure convection vapor much quicker than that.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I believe it's call the io; instant on.
This does not mean instant vapor, nor does it mean instant peak temperature, though this has certainly been the inference in the buildup to io's release.
Instant on. All of my og Grasshoppers turn on the instant I click the button!

The two most recent replacement bodies I've received (both in last 2 months) almost certainly have some of the io goodies that HL mentioned they were 'sneaking in' to newer grasshoppers. Power goes from red to ready blue (3 on the dial) in 3 to 4 seconds from ambient. At my age, it takes practically that long to raise it to my lips! Vapor is light and tasty on first hit and bold as you want after that.

When I watched the videos that @muunch put up (cool, thanks!) it looked to me very like a fully functional grasshopper would behave. Maybe a lot of the wow is lost through these internet tubes and stuff?

The draw resistance of these recent bodies is also excellent, but I truly can't make a comparison to the io, not having one.

Certain aspects of the new io seem really smart and appealing to me. I like the re-designed back end, I assume it to be as good as they say and would look forward to that, having had many bad back end issues in the past. I look forward to putting a new io front end on an og body.

Most interesting to me would be a side by side review of a hopper io and a brand new og grasshopper. (I may have to start going with "ghopper" for the old one, tired of typing the longer one...).

Last, if HL is "moving" to the new website, why have they not set up parallel sales of ghoppers there? hmmm...

@Hopper Labs, wishes y'all stay safe in Boulder, coming from Westchester County, NY.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
My 'OG' hopper I have currently is from late 2019.

The improvements between the two are noticable, imo.

It's just improvements... not a new vape though. Some people are disappointed I guess, but not sure what people were expecting really.

I'll be glad to post up more vids/back-to-backs/etc once I get a consistent power source. :tup:

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
My 'OG' hopper I have currently is from late 2019.

The improvements between the two are noticable, imo.

It's just improvements... not a new vape though. Some people are disappointed I guess, but not sure what people were expecting really.

I'll be glad to post up more vids/back-to-backs/etc once I get a consistent power source. :tup:
I'd be happy if it was exactly same as the OG Hopper and actually lasts. Any improvements are just a bonus to me. When the OG Hopper is working properly I really don't think anything can even come close to it as far as heat up time and vapor production. May not have the absolute best flavor of any vape but on low temps it's damn close and nothing matches the heat up time and vapor density.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I'd be happy if it was exactly same as the OG Hopper and actually lasts. Any improvements are just a bonus to me. When the OG Hopper is working properly I really don't think anything can even come close to it as far as heat up time and vapor production. May not have the absolute best flavor of any vape but on low temps it's damn close and nothing matches the heat up time and vapor density.

Agreed... having the IO with consistent power supply is gonna be beastly. I think it's punching in desktop category for sure... and the vape signature is awesome... super strong :nod:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Since I want to order the io tomorrow, I wanted to ask briefly whether a silicone mouthpiece is already there or has to be ordered separately? usb Charger is included or;)

I know grasshopper advices to take a strong pull in when using but you don’t necessarily have to. You can inhale slow enough not to burn your throat, at least for me, and then turn it off midway and complete the draw and get nice cool vapor. I find it I inhale hard I get that hot vapor right to the throat, which smokers or ex-smokers may like, and the front end can get really hot. I don’t use a drip tip or the silicone tip and I have a few laying around. Does anyone else have this experience, or is it still too hot for you?

The new IO definitely has less restriction than the older GH I have, and it does start vaporizing faster than my old one. So far so good over here. I noticed the backend doesn’t get hot like my old one, the clicker doesn’t rotate anymore like my purple Ti, and when you click it has a different feel. Definitely enjoying the iO so far.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
The new IO definitely has less restriction than the older GH I have, and it does start vaporizing faster than my old one. So far so good over here. I noticed the backend doesn’t get hot like my old one, the clicker doesn’t rotate anymore like my purple Ti, and when you click it has a different feel. Definitely enjoying the iO so far.
I'm finding all the same things. My favorite improvement is the draw restriction decrease. It's night and day different. The dial is also ridiculously smooth and high quality feeling. Nicer than the nicest turning dial on any of my original hoppers. Can't wait to get my power adapter in hopefully later this week or next.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Diggin those white lights

io-white-lights.jpg

No flickering. No hot back end, pretty gold plated threading. HL warned us about the older batteries, and I was underwhelmed. So I broke the law and swapped in a new China battery. Nice performance now

Still stupidly stare, waiting for blue
Keep forgetting: White light -> White heat

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I'm finding all the same things. My favorite improvement is the draw restriction decrease. It's night and day different. The dial is also ridiculously smooth and high quality feeling. Nicer than the nicest turning dial on any of my original hoppers. Can't wait to get my power adapter in hopefully later this week or next.
Yes! I forgot to write about the dial it is incredibly smooth and does feel really nice. Also, the draw restriction is my favorite thing about it performance wise, but I love that the back end is incredibly cool which leads me to believe it’s being more effective not losing heat to the back end.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Yes! I forgot to write about the dial it is incredibly smooth and does feel really nice. Also, the draw restriction is my favorite thing about it performance wise, but I love that the back end is incredibly cool which leads me to believe it’s being more effective not losing heat to the back end.
Yep I always hated getting a replacement back end or new Hopper and feeling that back end heat up. You always knew things would be down hill from there haha. My IO is also cool as a cucumber when heating up and in use. Absolutely loving it so far. I need to clean my bubbler before I post a vid but should have some time to do it tonight. Gonna see how milky the io can get.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Yep I always hated getting a replacement back end or new Hopper and feeling that back end heat up. You always knew things would be down hill from there haha. My IO is also cool as a cucumber when heating up and in use. Absolutely loving it so far. I need to clean my bubbler before I post a vid but should have some time to do it tonight. Gonna see how milky the io can get.
I’m sure you’re going to whitewall it. It does seem like the heater has more power, I was using it at 3.5 and almost killed the bowl in two draws. I turned it up to 5 to finish it and there was not that much vapor left. It’s pretty effective at vaporizing even on the lower temperatures

AJS

Calm Consistency
My OG Hopper backend can cause 3rd degree burns but it's been running for over 3 years with great performance :)

Top Bottom