Discontinued Hopper io

NOLOGO

My OG Hopper backend can cause 3rd degree burns but it's been running for over 3 years with great performance :)
whenever my OG backend would get hot I did the blutack cleaning method with consistent results. My guess is that reduced conductivity from that black dust in the threads results in the heat. And sometimes a bit of electrical arc may cause the heat too. But when my of backend starts to get warm during use I always have success with blutack.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Consider yourself lucky. None of my hoppers that had hot back ends worked right.
My OG purple Ti, first ones they sold, gets a hot back end but only with the old GHB1 batteries or when the GHB2 are about to die. It performs really well and I am going to try the new iO backend on it and see how it performs. ;)

Vapetrees,
Reactions: Vaporific

Poostuff

Please delete
How many loads is everyone getting per battery? Personally I’d be happy with anything more than 3, I found the older batteries would always charge in around an hour.

Poostuff,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Only getting 2 and 1/4 sessions from the IO with supplied battery. Temp setting 5 is one hot fucker.
I don’t know how anyone could use a Hopper, legacy or io, natively on 5. I’d prefer to keep my lips, throat and lungs in tact. Through glass or filtration is a different story of course. Please keep the new io reviews coming. It’s not out of the realm of possibility I’ll purchase an io down the road but not soon (my legacy Hopper runs fine 8+ months post RMA - love my Hopper!).

Cheers. :peace:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
How many loads is everyone getting per battery? Personally I’d be happy with anything more than 3, I found the older batteries would always charge in around an hour.
I am getting around 3 bowls per charge with the battery supplied.
I don’t know how anyone could use a Hopper, legacy or io, natively on 5. I’d prefer to keep my lips, throat and lungs in tact. Through glass or filtration is a different story of course. Please keep the new io reviews coming. It’s not out of the realm of possibility I’ll purchase an io down the road but not soon (my legacy Hopper runs fine 8+ months post RMA - love my Hopper!).

Cheers. :peace:
I can use it on 5 but only to finish off a bowl, I like vaping on lower temperatures for flavor and less heat. Some people who use my hopper have a hard time using it natively. I think using vaporizers like
The Milaana, which you control the heat with your draw, has helped me master the technique of using the GH natively and not getting burned or inhaling harsh vapor.

mephisto

Well, out of the 9 hoppers that I have owned, only 2 behaved well at setting 5. The other 7 units were
painfully cold running, and battery deprived. I ran the last chamber at 5 to see just how hot 5 was on the
IO. It was hot, not too hot for native use. My cell is older and will not fully support the power demands of the
IO. Happy to test drive it and wait patiently for the new cells.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Well, out of the 9 hoppers that I have owned, only 2 behaved well at setting 5. The other 7 units were
painfully cold running, and battery deprived. I ran the last chamber at 5 to see just how hot 5 was on the
IO. It was hot, not too hot for native use. My cell is older and will not fully support the power demands of the
IO. Happy to test drive it and wait patiently for the new cells.
Exactly, it’s working really well for me and I’m glad I’m getting to try it out. If the new cells get more sessions per use, I don’t think I need any other vaporizer for my needs. Plus, I’m tired of using cartridges that end up leaking. I have some CBD flower right now that I’m using with the iO and it’s giving me some really good effects.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I like vaping on lower temperatures for flavor and less heat. Some people who use my hopper have a hard time using it natively.
Me too - usually between 2.7 - 3.2. Always natively too. I’m simplistic that way. All good though - as long as the Hoppers work. It wasn’t always that way though, lol.

Vape on fellow Hopperheads! :) :peace:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Me too - usually between 2.7 - 3.2. Always natively too. I’m simplistic that way. All good though - as long as the Hoppers work. It wasn’t always that way though, lol.

Vape on fellow Hopperheads! :) :peace:
Nice :tup:. I’ve been lucky because any issue I had with my OG purple Ti, I was able to resolve without sending it in. I believe that one was very well made because I can use it on the second mark on the dial and it produces really good vapor, and on level 5 it’s just insane. Vape on! :peace:

AJS

Calm Consistency
My io comes tomorrow. Let me know what you want to see. I have great light setup for clouds so I’ll have a few 1 minute Instagram videos I’ll share here. They will be super rip milky cloud crack.
I’ll make videos doing cold start rips back to back on OG and io to compare test settings and heat up times.
I’ll do a full session temp step YouTube video for sure to see how the vapor builds over time at each level in a session environment.
I’ll do a full review at some point too.

Anything else?

On_Weed

My io comes tomorrow. Let me know what you want to see. I have great light setup for clouds so I’ll have a few 1 minute Instagram videos I’ll share here. They will be super rip milky cloud crack.
I’ll make videos doing cold start rips back to back on OG and io to compare test settings and heat up times.
I’ll do a full session temp step YouTube video for sure to see how the vapor builds over time at each level in a session environment.
I’ll do a full review at some point too.

Anything else?
Thanks! Can’t wait to see these!

mephisto

Been getting some intermittent operation from my switch. Since this is a tester unit, no cause for alarm. I will be sharing my usage experience with the brain trust @Hopper Labs. It is really cool to have a functional vape from this company. If all goes well, in a year or two, we can all sit back with our IOs and laugh about the origins and growing pains. These guys are still cutting edge tech mechanically. Every genius has its weakness, but I don't believe that there has ever been bad intent from Hopper. I've been a backer, a fanboy, an obsessive, a hater, and a tester for this company. At the end of the day it seems like sometimes as consumers we lose sight of the bond that we all share, Cannabis! and sharing it. The IO needs to reset a lot of opinions and I believe it has the potential to do just that. It is a matter of time.

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Been getting some intermittent operation from my switch. Since this is a tester unit, no cause for alarm. I will be sharing my usage experience with the brain trust @Hopper Labs. It is really cool to have a functional vape from this company. If all goes well, in a year or two, we can all sit back with our IOs and laugh about the origins and growing pains. These guys are still cutting edge tech mechanically. Every genius has its weakness, but I don't believe that there has ever been bad intent from Hopper. I've been a backer, a fanboy, an obsessive, a hater, and a tester for this company. At the end of the day it seems like sometimes as consumers we lose sight of the bond that we all share, Cannabis! and sharing it. The IO needs to reset a lot of opinions and I believe it has the potential to do just that. It is a matter of time.

First thing is to make sure the battery is charged. If the battery is low especially the ones we shipped if you click the button it might not startup. Pm me with more info. Thanks for the help!

stuartmc

Has anyone received an IO that ordered after Nov or maybe in 2020? I'm just curious how long the list is and this would give us a small clue. I wouldn't expect to hear this from HL until they're nearly caught up (which is understndable). I ordered an SS a couple of weeks ago so I anticipate a long wait but....

stuartmc,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Has anyone received an IO that ordered after Nov or maybe in 2020? I'm just curious how long the list is and this would give us a small clue. I wouldn't expect to hear this from HL until they're nearly caught up (which is understndable). I ordered an SS a couple of weeks ago so I anticipate a long wait but....
Only a few early birds from pre-order have been sent hopper io, with an old-stock battery.
The actual product rollout will be once new shipment of batteries reaches HL and it sounds like many will be released into the wild at that time. So, it's not a matter of them trickling out at a given rate, it's the waiting for batteries.

You may not have seen the invitation here to pm @Hopper Labs (if you've paid in full) to receive an early hopper. In the long run, it might just be better to wait for a nice, fresh new battery. (see @abracadaver's post just above here)
Without a vg battery io might not power on at all.

Top Bottom