Discontinued Hopper io

slozukimc

can someone tell me what it looks like in a warranty case? When the hopper breaks. Do you simply write an email to the seller and then you get a quick response and above all the seller pays the return shipping for repair and sends you a shipping label?
or how does it work?

Because I am from Germany, the shipping costs around over 40 dollars.
You are responsible for getting the Hopper to Hopper Labs.

slozukimc,
Reactions: Vaporific
You are responsible for getting the Hopper to Hopper Labs.

ok thanks.
if I have to pay that already. do they report quickly to an email in the event of a guarantee / repair case?

i think i can't just send the device there without knowing what it is for HL

dynamonster,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
ok thanks.
if I have to pay that already. do they report quickly to an email in the event of a guarantee / repair case?

i think i can't just send the device there without knowing what it is for HL
Buying/owning a Hopper outside of US or Canada is pretty risky business, in my opinion.
I think you would be wise to wait until there is (again) a presence in Europe. These 1000+ pages are a testament, in part, to people's frustrations with Grasshopper ownership.
To answer a couple of your questions,
The owner registers the device (on website) after purchase and if any problem develops, there is a warranty "portal" where owner can file the request and also communicate with HL about progress (or lack thereof).

For a variety of reasons, there have been many cases reported here that have taken many many months to resolve, if they in fact have been resolved yet.

On the other hand, I have had some excellent customer service experiences with Hopper Labs along with some frustratingly long experiences. But with multiple Grasshoppers and shipping to repair only about $4 US, the burden has been bearable, indeed enjoyable. And I do wish HL good fortune with the release of the Hopper.io.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Titanium is lighter, heats up quicker, and dissipates heat much quicker than SS. Also supposedly more scratch resistant.

So I am finally getting a PFE for my SS hopper in time for my maxvapor kit, but it is actually the heat treated Ti mouthpiece as opposed to the plain steel PFE... Do you or anyone else know if there is any danger of using a Ti mouthpiece with an SS body? Probably fine, want to be safe

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So I am finally getting a PFE for my SS hopper in time for my maxvapor kit, but it is actually the heat treated Ti mouthpiece as opposed to the plain steel PFE... Do you or anyone else know if there is any danger of using a Ti mouthpiece with an SS body? Probably fine, want to be safe
No problem.
It's a good move to get a Ti PFE. I have 2 SS's and one was apparently dropped and is now slightly out of round and harder to screw/unscrew. I think Ti may hold up better.
And the h/t's are fun to look at! but I think gonna get a little scuffed up from use if you do use it with a water piece.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
No problem.
It's a good move to get a Ti PFE. I have 2 SS's and one was apparently dropped and is now slightly out of round and harder to screw/unscrew. I think Ti may hold up better.
And the h/t's are fun to look at! but I think gonna get a little scuffed up from use if you do use it with a water piece.

Awesome, thank you!

Yeah I wish my whole Hopper was a nice colorful heat treated Ti but they were so pricey oh well now I'll have the mouthpiece at least!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I received mine a day before my vacation, didn’t take it with me but used my Ti Hopper on vacation, and still haven’t used it since I’ve been back a few days. Soon though. I imagine I’ll need to turn the temp down a bit and it will be a bit trial and error. Before it’s RMA, my unit was temperamental and inconsistent. Now it’s very consistent and draining batts are more noticeable. Fun times for all. Let us know how it goes with the new PFE. I got a Ti version too. :peace:

slozukimc

To clarify, the heat treated ti mouthpiece is NOT a PFE. Make sure you ordered the right thing.

NOLOGO

anyone else get another "reservation notice" email even though they already paid the balance? Or just me?

NOLOGO,

crudo

Hi, as a manifacturer, do you think you can beat the atm hyped tinymight? if yes, why do you think that?
I'm not sure if this or the TN! convince me!

crudo,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hi, as a manifacturer, do you think you can beat the atm hyped tinymight? if yes, why do you think that?
I'm not sure if this or the TN! convince me!
Well, I'm not the manufacturer, though I do have the same posting privileges as he does, so...
First I don't think it's a fair question, 'cause I don't think Maker A should need to know or learn the exact performance specs of (and real-life test) every new vape that comes come down the road from Makers X, Y and Z. Of course they should be familiar with their competition, but in this field a lot of it is about trailblazing, not horse racing.

And conversely, How can you expect any answer more than HL has been marketing (especially in the forum here) for months (nay, years) now? I don't think you'd be fair to yourself to base much opinion on the advertising of one vape vs. another. Much better to follow the feedback from users like the friends available right here!

I personally don't know much about that other vape, but some here definitely will:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tinymight-vs-grasshopper.48123
(was not aware of this before I started writing today... a quick search turned it up)

Maybe one does not have to 'beat' the other? If they both turn out super, I'd want at least one of each!

The only tip on the topic I will offer is to not make a Hopper your first and only vaporizer, not without a backup on hand. It actually pains me to say that, I do love my Grasshoppers so and I wish the company well...but there is zero track record on this new vape they're marketing. And there's plenty of track record on product and company's past performance.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :wave:

NOLOGO

anyone else get another "reservation notice" email even though they already paid the balance? Or just me?
Ok @Hopper Labs I just got a THIRD email telling me it's time to pay my reservation. I paid IMMEDIATELY upon receiving the first notice, weeks ago. Can you kindly stop asking me to pay for the same thing over and over?

(I haven't even addressed the fact that you had me double pay for the shipping of this one unit. And I paid extra to have expedited for some reason)

NOLOGO,

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Ok @Hopper Labs I just got a THIRD email telling me it's time to pay my reservation. I paid IMMEDIATELY upon receiving the first notice, weeks ago. Can you kindly stop asking me to pay for the same thing over and over?

(I haven't even addressed the fact that you had me double pay for the shipping of this one unit. And I paid extra to have expedited for some reason)

Sorry about that. I am not sure why you would be on the list more than once. The system is only supposed to be going through emailing each person one time. Please PM your email.

@Hopper Labs I haven’t received the email to complete my preorder, and ordered on day 1. How can I get an update?

You have the opposite problem it appears. PM or email support! Thanks.

kilo

About to order the io — but I don't know whether to go with SS or TI. My first two hoppers were TI (both working well, thank you) but when I ordered a third I went with SS. And you know what? I found that I liked it a bit more. I liked the additional heft of it and the smoothness of the machined threads. The SS felt like a precision tool whereas the TI seemed more like hi-tech instruments.

So, if you like SS order one, right? But unlike the original hopper, there seem to be real designed differences in performance between the two io versions. Whether those difference amount to much in the grand scheme of things is an unknown.

Any thoughts or suggestions? (Besides buying one of each!)

Top Bottom