Discontinued Hopper io

JoeKickass

I still need to buy one of those silicon things, cause my hopper mouthpiece gets stupid hot.
...Regular tip too hot for sure.
I knew I wasn't the only one who couldn't handle the heat from this puppy...

It's not as discrete, but I highly recommend the Plenty cooling straw, the vapor is as cool as a bong but with much more flavor!

20200215-112027.jpg

20200215-112124.jpg

Sweet! It's a bit sad to have to spend $100 because they didn't want to use common AW IMR 14500's, but at least it's a real solution to the problem!

david8613

I knew I wasn't the only one who couldn't handle the heat from this puppy...

It's not as discrete, but I highly recommend the Plenty cooling straw, the vapor is as cool as a bong but with much more flavor!

20200215-112027.jpg

20200215-112124.jpg

Sweet! It's a bit sad to have to spend $100 because they didn't want to use common AW IMR 14500's, but at least it's a real solution to the problem!

I had a plenty awhile back that cooling system is awesome! Never used it with a hopper buy it is the Coolest vapor coming out of that for sure.

I love the colors of your ti hopper, I have a grey ti hopper I wonder if I could do that to mine?

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I love the colors of your ti hopper, I have a grey ti hopper I wonder if I could do that to mine?
I don't think you want to do that unless you can get all the insides out of your device. You've got to get the titanium very hot to get some of those lighter blue and yellow colors which is about halfway thru the titanium spectrum.

JoeKickass

Thanks! I sent them an email after I saw this pictures:

vD4vSza.png

It cost a bit extra, scratches easier than the anodized colors, but it's really unique and is great fun when sharing with others!

MoltenTiger

You can anodised the front ends like this quite easily. A coloured unit will have a matte/pastel finish where as raw metal gets a shinier smoother finish.

You would be best to remove the inner components of the front end, a PFE is easiest as it's all metal and can stay one piece, but you need to get the surface very clean before attacking it with a flame to get a nice even finish. Otherwise you will bake in fingerprints, which you could also do deliberately if you wanted a more complex result.

If you get it to go cherry red, it will turn a nice blue/purple. Lighter/cooler passes get bronze.

MoltenTiger,

david8613

I have a ti hopper, my pfe mouth piece is stainless steel. But you gave me a great idea I should order a ti pfe with that finish.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
So far, for the offered discount, I recall seeing tales of $85, then $80 and now $70.
Am I recalling this incorrectly?
Are my Grasshoppers being de-valued by this process?

I just recieved my discount code in exchange for a body that I initially sent it for repair.

This is the offer I got on 31.12.2019 (I have/had Titanium Hopper body in repair)

It seems the $70 discount was offered in exchange for only a body, not the entire Grasshopper. Either way it would be nice to get some clarification from @Hopper Labs. Also, how does one initiate this process? I have an io reserved so I want to make sure everything is ready to go in time for the launch.

Vapor_Eyes,
@ Hopper Labs

hello sir from Hopper Labs.

I am a guy from Germany who is basically interested in your new Hopper io because I know from a friend that the old Grasshopper was very good when it worked. but unfortunately the problem was that it not often worked. he had 7 pieces, all of them were always broken and the customer service was unfortunately very poor, which is why he and all shops from Europe took the grasshopper out of their range at the time and also no longer want to include the new one in the range. can you make the new hopper io tasty? is it more reliable or as fragile as the old one and what about customer service ... do you have to wait half a year or a year for repairs? but if he is so fragile and constantly broken anyway, I will keep my distance. although if it were as reliable as the mighty from germany, i would buy 3 grasshopper at once. unfortunately it was not like this :(

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
@ Hopper Labs

I am a guy from Germany who is basically interested in your new Hopper io because I know from a friend that the old Grasshopper was very good when it worked. but unfortunately the problem was that it not often worked. he had 7 pieces, all of them were always broken and the customer service was unfortunately very poor, which is why he and all shops from Europe took the grasshopper out of their range at the time and also no longer want to include the new one in the range. can you make the new hopper io tasty? is it more reliable or as fragile as the old one and what about customer service ... do you have to wait half a year or a year for repairs? but if he is so fragile and constantly broken anyway, I will keep my distance. although if it were as reliable as the mighty from germany, i would buy 3 grasshopper at once. unfortunately it was not like this :(
@Hopper Labs - re-tagging for @dynamonster as I don’t think the prior post did that. Thanks. :peace:

Edit from my last Post

@Hopper Labs

I am a guy from Germany who is basically interested in your new Hopper io because I know from a friend that the old Grasshopper was very good when it worked. but unfortunately the problem was that it not often worked. he had 7 pieces, all of them were always broken and the customer service was unfortunately very poor, which is why he and all shops from Europe took the grasshopper out of their range at the time and also no longer want to include the new one in the range. can you make the new hopper io tasty? is it more reliable or as fragile as the old one and what about customer service ... do you have to wait half a year or a year for repairs? but if he is so fragile and constantly broken anyway, I will keep my distance. although if it were as reliable as the mighty from Storz and Bickel from germany, i would buy 3 grasshopper at once. unfortunately it was not like this. the mighty for example works over years without problems and defects.

Thanks for answer

best regards

dynamonster

Last edited:

skyvaper

I'd hope to see a usage video at this point show the new instant on as well as the new light pattern. Have I possibly missed a release date on this in the thread?

skyvaper,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
April is less than 4 weeks away. One projection was that the io would roll out earlier than projected (April).
How's it going @Hopper Labs?

We all have surmised that the team did not go to China in February for purposes of inspecting battery production and goosing thereof. What is the word on battery schedule (covid-19 notwithstanding)?

Maybe I should go back to Grasshopper thread, but I'm also curious about status of the warranty backlog, and when may you resume accepting Grasshoppers for service?

SquirrelMaster

Maybe I should go back to Grasshopper thread, but I'm also curious about status of the warranty backlog, and when may you resume accepting Grasshoppers for service?

Not that I have a horse in the race (not yet anyways) but I'm waiting on the sidelines for Hopperlabs to start accepting units for service, clearing the current back log, maintaining a short warranty service timeline and getting stock on batteries before looking (hard) at an IO. Coronovirus is probably really throwing a wrench into things (I've had packages ordered through DHGate for nearly 2 months that still haven't shipped) at least for batteries which really sucks for everyone but mostly Hopper as this is their livelihood and it's completely out of their control.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
April is less than 4 weeks away. One projection was that the io would roll out earlier than projected (April).

I paid the remainder of my reservation today, and saw the "anticipated ship date" now said May 2020 ... Really hoping it is just the batteries that is holding them back, but eager to hear any news. Quite a shame if it's just the batteries holding them back, as it seemed like the switch to mostly internal production was going to alleviate some of the issues.

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Edit from my last Post

@Hopper Labs

I am a guy from Germany who is basically interested in your new Hopper io because I know from a friend that the old Grasshopper was very good when it worked. but unfortunately the problem was that it not often worked. he had 7 pieces, all of them were always broken and the customer service was unfortunately very poor, which is why he and all shops from Europe took the grasshopper out of their range at the time and also no longer want to include the new one in the range. can you make the new hopper io tasty? is it more reliable or as fragile as the old one and what about customer service ... do you have to wait half a year or a year for repairs? but if he is so fragile and constantly broken anyway, I will keep my distance. although if it were as reliable as the mighty from Storz and Bickel from germany, i would buy 3 grasshopper at once. unfortunately it was not like this. the mighty for example works over years without problems and defects.

Thanks for answer

best regards

dynamonster

I am sorry for the past issues with you/your friend's Grasshoppers. The Hopper io is a big improvement over the past Grasshopper Model. We have steadily improved the Grasshopper and most units sold to distributors in the EU were made in 2018 or earlier. We are working to reduce repair times and expect them to back to normal soon. If you are uncertain and don't care about being the first to have the new device, wait and see what others say after it is released.

We all have surmised that the team did not go to China in February for purposes of inspecting battery production and goosing thereof. What is the word on battery schedule (covid-19 notwithstanding)?

The only thing the io is currently waiting on is the battery. We are doing what we can to ensure we still get a shipment in April. We are working on clearing Grasshopper warranty now. You can file a new request currently on thehopper.io website, which will accept requests for Grasshopper units.

Not that I have a horse in the race (not yet anyways) but I'm waiting on the sidelines for Hopperlabs to start accepting units for service, clearing the current back log, maintaining a short warranty service timeline and getting stock on batteries before looking (hard) at an IO. Coronovirus is probably really throwing a wrench into things (I've had packages ordered through DHGate for nearly 2 months that still haven't shipped) at least for batteries which really sucks for everyone but mostly Hopper as this is their livelihood and it's completely out of their control.

We are actively working with the supplier of batteries every day. It is slow but there is light at the end of the tunnel for this. We will update if we have a status change.

it appears that @Hopper Labs has chosen to resume a very hands off approach to both their threads these days. Other people may take it as a sign of the lab being hard at work, but I personally preferred having a presence that would answer the questions that their consumers presented.

Really? We posted in this thread on Tuesday.

I paid the remainder of my reservation today, and saw the "anticipated ship date" now said May 2020 ... Really hoping it is just the batteries that is holding them back, but eager to hear any news. Quite a shame if it's just the batteries holding them back, as it seemed like the switch to mostly internal production was going to alleviate some of the issues.

May is the ship date listed for Color units. It has been listed like that since the launch of the io website. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:

virtualpurple

Really? We posted in this thread on Tuesday

I would say I’m correct in my assertion. Prior to Tuesday in this thread you hadn’t posted in here since the 20th of February. And there have only been 2 posts in the Original Grasshopper thread in the last month.

This isn’t an attack, but it is an observation. And though I’d have preferred to have seen it answered in the other thread, maybe this is the best place to repeat a question that has been posted for several weeks without response:

“So @Hopper Labs have you reached out to everyone whose warranty units were lost in the fire at this point or are you responding to people only as they inquire?

If all units under the warranty process were damaged/destroyed it would be good to make contact with all affected so there’s no guesswork. I think a lot of people would prefer to have that info volunteered versus having to make the inquiry.”

Again this isn’t an attack, I had recently ordered a few things on the hopper website to try and push some funds your way, but I think it would be beneficial to receive some clarity as to what is happening here, as it seems like folks with units in for servicing are lost in the dark unless they are pushing for information on an individual basis, and that current units are an afterthought while the IO has taken the focus.

I stand by my previous post, and I think the posting history speaks for itself.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
May is the ship date listed for Color units. It has been listed like that since the launch of the io website. Sorry for any confusion.

Agh I ordered a coloured one, why don’t I read anything properly.

Ah... that's completely my own fault then for not reading all options properly. :D

I'm completely OK with waiting a bit longer for a color unit considering they are the same price as regular Ti, which I thought was pretty cool. Glad to see the timeline has not shifted.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
it appears that @Hopper Labs has chosen to resume a very hands off approach to both their threads these days. Other people may take it as a sign of the lab being hard at work, but I personally preferred having a presence that would answer the questions that their consumers presented.
This isn’t an attack, but it is an observation.
I have to respectfully disagree. I asked them a question Monday and heard back less than 24 hours later. My observation is that they are still taking a hands on approach and monitoring the thread closely. You say it’s only an observation but you failed to observe their post on the same page, merely seven posts before you. And they responded to your post promptly. Of course you are only human so I forgive you for your mistakes. Perhaps you could extend the same forgiveness to Hopper Labs. There is no need for a witch-hunt right now.

Coronovirus is probably really throwing a wrench into things (I've had packages ordered through DHGate for nearly 2 months that still haven't shipped) at least for batteries which really sucks for everyone but mostly Hopper as this is their livelihood and it's completely out of their control.

I honestly couldn’t even think of anything after the fire that could cause an issue and then this outbreak happened. I placed an order from Yocan and paid extra for expedited shipping at the start of the outbreak and it is almost a month late. I’m not even going to ask to be refunded the expedited shipping charge as this was clearly out of everyone’s control.

virtualpurple

I have to respectfully disagree. I asked them a question Monday and heard back less than 24 hours later. My observation is that they are still taking a hands on approach and monitoring the thread closely. You say it’s only an observation but you failed to observe their post on the same page, merely seven posts before you. And they responded to your post promptly. Of course you are only human so I forgive you for your mistakes. Perhaps you could extend the same forgiveness to Hopper Labs. There is no need for a witch-hunt right now.

Then perhaps we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.

their post, as you say, seven posts above mine...does not address the question I posted weeks ago. They told a member who was inquiring when they would resume accepting warranty requests that he could file a new request on the grasshopper.io website, and that they would be able to process warranties for the hopper there.

My question was whether they had reachedout to everyone whose units were affected in the fire (I don’t think we actually know for everyone who had a unit under warranty was effected by the fire, but perhaps they all were, the emails hopper sent out about the fire did not indicate one way or another if I recall correctly) to explain the status of their unit and their options moving forward or if they were only responding to people who were contacting them directly, as it seems that the only people who have mentioned receiving an update about their unit and given options on how to proceed we’re people that are contacting Hopper labs directly (these folks who aren’t opting to invest in the io are told that their units will be sent in about 90 days, so does that interrupt where others would be in the warranty process?) Maybe the difference seems subtle, but that’s in the eye of the beholder.

You received an answer promptly after you asked a question, and while I’m happy you received an answer that is not everyone’s experience. For example, my question was posed around the 22nd I believe and I don’t think Hopper has actually posted in that thread since February 15th or so?

I don’t believe Hopper labs have been attacked by me in the slightest here. It went kind of like this:

1. I mentioned in this thread that I think they’ve switched back to a more hands-off approach and that I preferred their more active presence.

2. they responded that they had posted on Tuesday

3. I responded with my rationale for what I said, because I didn’t feel that I was saying anything baseless or unsubstantiated, and I supported my statement. It wasn’t in an ugly manner and there was no ill intent behind it, but I do not think an average of one post every two weeks is real hands-on. It’s as simple as that.

4. You replied and this is where we’re at now.

I like Hopper labs and want them to succeed as much as anyone. Hell, anyone that is curious could look at my post history there and judge for themselves, although I’ve not exactly had a solid performance history with my hopper I’ve posted predominantly positive vibes in the thread, as well as by pm to the hopper crew a time or two.

you’ve posted in the past about not being a fan of both hoppers manufacturing and their lapse in updates. And while I appreciate your willingness to forgive me for whatever misgivings you think I have, I’m not in a witch hunt and don’t love the insinuation that I am.

I feel like I have to repeat myself that I’m not attacking the hopper crew. If you feel differently then feel free report my posts or use whatever modality you prefer

@Hopper Labs if you feel I’ve slighted you, feel free to PM me.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You can file a new request currently on thehopper.io website, which will accept requests for Grasshopper units.
Thanks for some answers, it helps. I did open a request on the new site a week or two ago and got answer back that the Labs will let me know when to send it in. I wait in line.
I hope it's not like Seinfeld where Jerry says, "You know how to take the reservation, but..."
Sorry, but I gotta keep it light or go nuts on this multi-year ride.

We all hope for the best; for good health and for the batteries to come in on schedule!

lazylathe

Almost there...

How did you go about paying the remaining amount for the io?
Excited about this vape!!

Top Bottom