Discontinued Hopper io

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@virtualpurple Thank you for your respectful response. I don’t think there is a witch-hunt yet but it seems to be a commonly recurring theme in the hopper threads and we seemed to be headed that way again which is why I wrote that.

I interpreted your original comments to mean that Hopper Labs wasn't present in the thread or answering questions, which isn’t true. However, it can be said that they are taking a hands-off approach because they are not answering every question. So it seems my interpretation of your comments was wrong and I apologize for that.

vapeverythingnyc

We are sending emails out about converting your reservation into the actual order. It will take about a week to get to everyone.

We are sending emails out about converting your reservation into the actual order. It will take about a week to get to everyone.
Reserved 11/29/19. I recall being able to ‘reserve a serial number’. Is that still a thing and if so, how will I know whether the number I chose is mine? Thanks guys and keep up the great work!

vapeverythingnyc,
Reactions: lazylathe

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
How did you go about paying the remaining amount for the io?

They sent me an email with instructions.

Basically, just log into the new website (https://www.thehopper.io/) and login using your account info from the "old" GH website, then checkout with your selected io+accessories, using a code to remove the reservation payment.

I owed $170~ for a color Ti unit and no accessories. I want to wait to see how the battery situation plays out before diving in and ordering a few.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Well, if we are going to talk history, it was damn well deserved IMO.
I agree that most of the past criticism was well deserved. I have previously voiced several complaints about Hopper Labs’s practices but I have been lucky to have mostly received functioning units so my criticism isn’t as harsh as many others. If I had experienced some of the things I’ve read about I'm sure I would have a different opinion about HL.

I wasn’t talking history though, I was originally talking about the current state of the thread. I mentioned the history later on only to add perspective. I don’t think much else has to be said, there is over 1000 pages of history on this forum already.

:horse:

shadymilkman

I currently have two bodies in for warranty, how can I float one (both?) of the bodies towards my IO reservation?

shadymilkman,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I currently have two bodies in for warranty, how can I float one (both?) of the bodies towards my IO reservation?
Message them on your warranty request.

Edit: Just got my regular Ti io paid for. I predict we will see a massive delay on shipping due to Coronavirus. Hopper Labs is still claiming shipping is set for April though when I contacted them about it. Hope I'm wrong!

Last edited:
@all users
+
@Hopper Labs

who can tell me the difference between the SS and the Titanium Hopper. i know that the SS has 65 W and the titanium 70 watt. but what is the difference in use (except the titanium cools down more) and the longevity of the hopper?

otherwise I always prefer SS for other vaporizers, but I'm not sure about the hopper.

Thank you

dynamonster,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
@all users
+
@Hopper Labs

who can tell me the difference between the SS and the Titanium Hopper. i know that the SS has 65 W and the titanium 70 watt. but what is the difference in use (except the titanium cools down more) and the longevity of the hopper?

otherwise I always prefer SS for other vaporizers, but I'm not sure about the hopper.

Thank you
Titanium is lighter, heats up quicker, and dissipates heat much quicker than SS. Also supposedly more scratch resistant.

Baron23

@all users
+
@Hopper Labs

Thank you
As far as I can tell, all they are doing is binning heater elements with the stronger performing heaters going into Ti.

IMO, 5 watts ain't going to make a tinkers damn worth of difference.

Just depends if you like the lighter Ti over SS. Nothing more. Functionally they will be identical as the Ti vs SS OG GHs were.

i am thinking to make pre order or to wait because from germany it is not easy to ship back if it damaged in future..

too bad that the Hopper Battery Charger can only be shipped in November if I understand that correctly?
so i would have to order second time to another continent

dynamonster,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
i am thinking to make pre order or to wait because from germany it is not easy to ship back if it damaged in future..

too bad that the Hopper Battery Charger can only be shipped in November if I understand that correctly?
so i would have to order second time to another continent
I wouldn't count on the battery charger shipping in November if I were you. The estimated date has changed probably 10 times since it was announced.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
better to buy one unversal charger which is compatible and for lower money
Definitely, I've been using a nitecore d4 for years and it works great with all 18650 and Hopper batteries. The Hopper one looks cool but it could be years before they actually release it. The stainless steel case was announced like 5 years ago and still no release in sight lol.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
The one you have should be fine. If it charges regular 18650s it will charge Hopper batteries.
I have a couple of Nitecores just for my Hopper batteries. I’m glad they’ll also charge 18650s - I should be receiving a new Tinymight by Saturday and I’ll want to get an extra 18650 for reserve. Just used my pre order Ti and it still works amazingly 7+ months after its triumphant return from RMA. I love my Hopper! All over again!!

Indeed the steel case is still MIA. A local buddy has been waiting for it since day 1. Sadly his only Hopper was lost in the fire and the fire dance continues with HL for its replacement - as many are doing or finding out about.

With the Tinymight expected later this week I’ll definitely be sitting out on the Hopper io for the foreseeable future. I hope it does well however. :peace:

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Update:

We continue to work on getting the io ready. We are not waiting on any parts and only doing assembly, QC and testing. Maybe we will get a video with the io done here soon. Focus is still largely on getting warranty back on track.

Battery - The China shutdown/slowdown of the past month has effected our factories and suppliers. We just confirmed that we will be getting some of our GHB3 order late March/Early April so the io is still on track. We will let you know if this changes. It is unknown how many cells will be in the first batch.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Battery - The China shutdown/slowdown of the past month has effected our factories and suppliers. We just confirmed that we will be getting some of our GHB3 order late March/Early April so the io is still on track. We will let you know if this changes. It is unknown how many cells will be in the first batch.
SIGH. I usually ‘like’ HL’s posts and updates but this seems vague. If I read between the lines, there will likely be enough new batteries for the new io, similar to what transpired when there was the initial battery shortage last year. For those who’ve received batteries prior to the fire and waiting for replacements from HL or new battery orders, I’m guessing we’ll have to wait much longer. I’m speculating but this seems like deja vu all over again.

If the battery wasn’t so unique we wouldn’t have these issues. True, the geo-political and now global health issues play a factor in general but other types of batteries, e.g. 18650, are readily available. Maybe HL needs to order twice as many to make up for the deficit? Can’t run a Hopper without a battery and be portable...:2c:

What a long strange trip it’s been...:peace:

Last edited:
Vaporific,
Reactions: Alex3oe

Terpenetime

On this occasion I think it’s only fair to cut Hopper Labs a bit of slack. I understand that it’s extremely disappointing for those that are patiently waiting for new batteries but I don’t think anyone could have foreseen the chaos that Coronavirus is causing and will continue to cause to supply chains across the world :2c:

Last edited:

slozukimc

On this occasion I think it’s only fair to cut Hopper Labs a bit of slack. I understand that it’s extremely disappointing for those that are patiently waiting for new batteries but I don’t think anyone could have foreseen the chaos that Coronavirus is causing and will continue to cause to supply chains across the world :2c:
Seriously. People are sick and dying all over the world and folks are getting antsy over some fucking vape batteries. First world problems I guess. Fuck.

can someone tell me what it looks like in a warranty case? When the hopper breaks. Do you simply write an email to the seller and then you get a quick response and above all the seller pays the return shipping for repair and sends you a shipping label?
or how does it work?

Because I am from Germany, the shipping costs around over 40 dollars.

dynamonster,
Top Bottom