• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Hopper io

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Aw, hello there @KeroZen - it's been a while - nice to see you :)

I must say, when it works, my Hopper is truly awesome at delivering native, on the go, on-demand hits while out & about, and although the mouthpiece can get quite toasty after several consecutive hits, the vapor is easily manageable for me even at max temp.

Imo, unless you want to session on the higher end of the scale a water tool is not required - although I love using one at home, portability, stealth & on-demand convection flavour are my main requirements from this device.

Hopefully the io will have the Hopper's kinks well & truly ironed out.

And finally, I really am not THAT bothered by the whole proprietary battery thing for a number of reasons, but my main one is the admiration for the fact that Hopper Labs uncompromisingly decided to build a vape the way they wanted, not around someone elses idea of how big a battery should be. Some say that's stupid but I say fair play.

This company is still very young & clearly has a long way to go, but I think it has a very interesting future and personally I'm in a position where I'm really quite happy to hop along for the ride.

Merry Christmas you lot!

:peace:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Yea, that were the early complaints. Why make such a portable device need a water tool or j-hook. I would like to see something like an adaptation of the nub from lamart or simrell vortex to clip/screw on to the grasshopper, making it one piece and easy to pocket
This could be rigged up pretty easy with a PFE, 14mm female to 19mm female adapter and then the nub. That said a dedicated piece without the use of an adapter would be the cleanest way.

And as a testimonial I have two Hoppers, one as an early backer and one made about a year into it. I had issues with the OG where the back end fell apart but once that was straightened away I have not had any issues with either unit. I do feel like my OG could use a bit of calibration at this point (or maybe it's just weak battery cells) but it works and pushes out serious vapor.

And I agree the vapor path is short and can be a little harsh but if you know how to manage full convection heat (like you must with a lot of other brands) it can be used natively without incident. It just doesn't work great for back to back bowls as it heats up too much.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I use my 'hopper native at max quite often. I can kill bowls in 1-2 big ole rips this way.

It's when you keep the device on for more than 20 seconds at a time, or try to do back-to-back bowls before it cools down that it gets "too hot to handle"

I won't lie and say I wouldn't love a native cooling mouthpiece for the 'hopper, but I don't think that it's simply too harsh native. Maybe for some folks, but that's what the temperature dial (or water pipes.... or vapor path extenders....) are for.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
So instead of working on people's warranty claims (some over a year and a half) they were working on a new vape? Makes sense

We should have the warranty system fully operational within two weeks. We are almost complete with the inventory of in-house warranty units. There will be options for these people and replacements for any units that were lost.

Seems like they were doing both? :peace:

Osizzlac

@Grepper - perhaps you're right, or maybe we're just happy to try to help one of the (imo) most exciting and innovative vaporizer manufacturers on the planet succeed in bringing an amazing device to the people.

Personally, I think this kind of thing is only for those who have the patience to deal with the wait, along with a rather forgiving mindset - after all, shit happens but who cares if you can roll around and enjoy it like a dirty ol' dog! Plus, a selection of other vapes to tide you over if things go awry is pretty damn essential too.

To be fair, people have been telling me I'm out of my mind on the regular for various different reasons for years, but I'm pleased to say I've generally never paid them too much attention because here I am, still vaping my herbs, eating my greens & recycling my rubbish.

Each to their own I guess.

This is what we want to see! :tup:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
You'd have to be out of your mind to pre order the IO

@Grepper - perhaps you're right, or maybe...

Yep, he is right

I was originally replying to @Grepper but as @LesPlenty chimed in I feel I just need to point out that this is simply IN YOUR OPINION even though you clearly stated it as a fact, which to be honest is rather insulting. To say unequivocally that anyone who has reserved a spot for the io is out of their mind is untrue (my Mum had me tested) and pretty harsh.

If you are not invested in this product why insult those who are? (Answers on a postcard only, please).

As I said before - each to his own - but if you gotta bash then do it on the company with good reason, not on the honest folks handing over their hard earned cash in the hope of (eventually) owning the vape of their dreams :2c:

Seasons greetings & goodwill to all!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
To say unequivocally that anyone who has reserved a spot for the io is out of their mind is untrue
True, and I apologize, more like uninformed people would hand over their cash, I have only read bad things about HL CS since I joined FC until a short time ago when someone at HL decided they needed more sales and decided to finally start chiming in on the hopper thread then the fire and ongoing battery dilemma, so even people that are out of their mind would know better than hand money over to a company that still has not fixed the problems with the units and customers they already have.:2c:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
@LesPlenty I feel we are simply trying to help a company (who I believe to be genuine but who make a lot of customer facing mistakes) that makes a product we love in so many ways, to succeed. I don't think that is too hard to comprehend without thinking someone is out of their mind or uninformed (I've been in this since 2014 & was following progress prior to that).

Anyway, I'm hoping @Hopper Labs will drop by soon woth some more snippets of detail, because whatever anyone else says, the io sounds like my bag, and to be frank, it's about time Papa got a brand new one.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
True, and I apologize, more like uninformed people would hand over their cash, I have only read bad things about HL CS since I joined FC until a short time ago when someone at HL decided they needed more sales and decided to finally start chiming in on the hopper thread then the fire and ongoing battery dilemma, so even people that are out of their mind would know better than hand money over to a company that still has not fixed the problems with the units and customers they already have.:2c:
Calling members uninformed and implying they are somehow inferior to even those with mental problems is rather insulting and certainly doesn't comport with out 'Be Nice' rule. As our forum rules state, You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. I suggest you tread carefully going forward, @LesPlenty or you will be hit with a warning point and/or thread ban.

Thank you.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Call me a madman but I have a very profound desire for them to succeed. I have skipped the GH train for a long time because I live in Spain and I have read so many CS horror stories these years but if this one is really a reliable one and @maxvapor710 nails the dc adapter i will fall under GH´s charm. My confidence is limited and will not preorder nor buy until a few months have passed and the product is well field-tested. I already have a place for one of those little devils in my collection.

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thanks so much to everyone wanting to support Hopper Labs and the io. I understand the frustration of some but we have been doing our best to get the job done. The io is a great device and addresses much of what users have wanted while staying true to the form factor. Those who loved the Grasshopper will be impressed with the io. We are around to answer questions, feel free to ask.

@Hopper Labs

I know others have mentioned that they believe the max temp of the original 'hopper to be higher than is stated, or perhaps there is a large variance max temp among units. Most of this speculation is due to the color of ABV after a session, which I don't think is particularly indicative of much. Do you have any ways to verify/confirm the max temps reached in operation?

Very much looking forward to this. I have not been this enthusiastic about a device since my OG tubo I think.

Every device goes through a temperature calibration machine where it is run and the temperature measured externally. That data is provided to the onboard microcontroller through a communication protocol and then compared with the onboard sensors. This gives us a pretty accurate calibration.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
while staying true to the form factor

Is the form factor similar, or the same?

Every device goes through a temperature calibration machine where it is run and the temperature measured externally. That data is provided to the onboard microcontroller through a communication protocol and then compared with the onboard sensors. This gives us a pretty accurate calibration.

Thanks for this information!

I was also curious if there was any more information you could share about the GHB3 yet? Will these be same spec and etc as previous model batteries?

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The device only has minor exterior changes that are intended to improve usability.

It will have the same "new style" ring cable. The charging speed has been boosted slightly through efficiency gains. Type-C is coming in future products.

Last edited:
Top Bottom