Discontinued Hopper io

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
The only color is now white. Perhaps you can convince me to post a photo soon. ;)
Thanks. I was hoping for a bit more detail. Current Hoppers are red & blue denoting different states. I understand the IO is ‘instant on’ thereby eliminating red. Will the lights be steady or flickering or both (not at the same time) like the current Hoppers? This is the detail I was hoping to get.

A part of me is tempted by the IO but my repaired and only Hopper (pre order Ti) works like a champ now and not sure why I’d need another. Definitely not the lights, lol - but I’m curious how they’ll work. :peace:

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thanks. I was hoping for a bit more detail. Current Hoppers are red & blue denoting different states. I understand the IO is ‘instant on’ thereby eliminating red. Will the lights be steady or flickering or both (not at the same time) like the current Hoppers? This is the detail I was hoping to get.

A part of me is tempted by the IO but my repaired and only Hopper (pre order Ti) works like a champ now and not sure why I’d need another. Definitely not the lights, lol - but I’m curious how they’ll work. :peace:

The lights are steady and the flicker feature has been eliminated (looks much nicer). There is a slow flash to indicate battery getting low and the "low power mode" has been entered. Low power mode allows more vaping at reduced power. It is not a huge feature but it does squeeze a bit more juice out of the battery.

Charging is handled with a flash-pause-flash (Charging) and flashflash-pause-flashflash (complete). It is very distinct. Charging has been refined and the speed increased.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
The lights are steady and the flicker feature has been eliminated (looks much nicer). There is a slow flash to indicate battery getting low and the "low power mode" has been entered. Low power mode allows more vaping at reduced power. It is not a huge feature but it does squeeze a bit more juice out of the battery.

Charging is handled with a flash-pause-flash (Charging) and flashflash-pause-flashflash (complete). It is very distinct. Charging has been refined and the speed increased.
Poifect ;). Thanks.

As I’m due (not due to VAS) for another vape soon, the IO is compelling yet my Hopper works so well again I’m not sure I’d get something similar. I do appreciate HL’s persistence and apparent upswing with the existing model and RMAs thereof (mine included) and wish them all the best. We’ll see around April and possibly 4/20 :D:peace:.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
There are other type-c products planned. Something very new, but we are working on finishing up the other projects first.

The only color is now white. Perhaps you can convince me to post a photo soon. ;)

hmmm :hmm: I'm actually wondering what the type-c product could be if not the HBC! :myday:

Also... if you can tease a picture.... does that mean a video is also possible....? :sherlock:

Poostuff

Please delete
Omg a video? You guys are really thinking outside the box.
Common @Hopper Labs how about a video.
I’m still waiting for an RMA reply from the GH I bought in your Black Friday sale last year, but no worries I still preordered this one.
Show us something to keep us interested.
Don’t stand down.
It’s not a good thing for for all parties concerned, or the world, but that fact that you have this great vaporising equipment means you should use it.
You should want to use it!
I want to use it!

dmonster

Videos will come soon. We are working on lots of content. I'll get a photo of the lights up here shortly.
Looking forward to this! Thank you. Another couple questions...any changes to the threading for loading a bowl? For me thats more desirable than easier threading to change the battery. Is there any ease to filling the chamber in the io or are the main advances in the heater and lights. Also, is the mechanical clicking aspect to turn it on and off the same? That click is very harsh and loud. While it has a satisfying click to it, it's somewhat difficult, very mechanical and loud. Any changes to that you will share?
I have 3 hoppers, and have purchased 3 others as gifts. I've had nothing but a great experience with all of them and even though some were sent in a few times, I got them all back and working well. Huge fan.

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Looking forward to this! Thank you. Another couple questions...any changes to the threading for loading a bowl? For me thats more desirable than easier threading to change the battery. Is there any ease to filling the chamber in the io or are the main advances in the heater and lights. Also, is the mechanical clicking aspect to turn it on and off the same? That click is very harsh and loud. While it has a satisfying click to it, it's somewhat difficult, very mechanical and loud. Any changes to that you will share?
I have 3 hoppers, and have purchased 3 others as gifts. I've had nothing but a great experience with all of them and even though some were sent in a few times, I got them all back and working well. Huge fan.

The io won't have any threading changes. We want to keep the threading standards we have established. The threading on the chamber/FE has been optimized to take up very little space but also be durable enough to stand up to constant use.

The chamber remains the same except for a few internal tweaks, which allow for greater thermal performance -less waste heat. If I had to pick just three main advantages of the io tey would be:

1. More power/instant heat-up.
2. Big efficiency improvements. These are internal, and the result is much more efficient vaporization.
3. Overall refinement/reliability changes. A more user-friendly device!

There are many more items. Maybe I can put together a comprehensive list of items for those interested.

The clicker has some changes but none were made to make it quieter

NOLOGO

Videos will come soon. We are working on lots of content. I'll get a photo of the lights up here shortly.
anxious to see a photo. Shouldn't be a problem since the io was finished moths ago, no? And even if we're waiting for a production run of parts, I'm sure there's a prototype sitting around that would make a handsome photo. No?
A bunch of us put up the dough sight unseen.
And a bunch of us are now ready to see the sight. :lol:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I jumped on the 2nd batch released by @Hopper Labs .
Thank you for letting me know it is called the IO and it's not the GH2...LOL!

I am still on my original hopper of 3 to 4 years with no RMA's.
Although I have ordered a new backend as my clicker was giving issues and would not power on correctly.
I had to wiggle and move the clicker to get contact. Moving the dial rapidly back and forth for a few days has helped immensely! It almost works like new now and pumps out vapor! Still not very consistent though.
Hoping the new backend will correct that issue.

Really looking forward to the IO!
Instant On sounds amazing!
One vape to rule them all? We will see.

blackstone

stoked! Any differences to the mouthpiece to cool the vapor?

There was also mention at the start, that the more powerful heater would allow for a "cooler per unit extraction" I think it said.
You could think about this a number of ways! But maybe it's that you could run the heater lower for the same results.
Or perhaps you'll get things done quicker before everything heats up.
The zero heat time might help with this also.

Im sensitive to heat but I was still ready to buy an original Hopper for that discreet fast use or two, and tiny size that nothing else can offer. (and yes, vape "engine" at home!)
So it sounds like this one will be better at running some bit cooler, some of the times! And great at the vape engine thing too!

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
But even when it was not RMA'ed countless times, and it finally worked, didn't nearly all the hopper owners say unanimously that its vapor path was too short and the vapor harsh and hot?

:shrug:

That's the first thing I would be curious about, did they improve that primordial aspect?
You need an easily attachable cooling mouthpiece/unit if you want guys like me to be interested.

I'm all for efficiency to a point, but it's not my end game as I am extremely wasteful with herb (toss as soon as flavor diminishes) and as prices go down and people grow themselves more--the need for efficiency is a very secondary concern for many.

The need to deal with hot ass vapor is more important to me. Not pleasant. Terrible for lungs.

Requiring the buyer to rely on aftermarket cooling for a $300 portable device is too expensive?? It is for me, and I can afford any vaporizer

th

Baron23

any chance the io will have an auto inhale activated feature

Just personal preference, but I would far rather not rely on an auto feature to turn it on. To me, its unneeded added complexity and I turn my GH off and continue to draw for a second to cool the heater.

Can't do that with auto-draw.

A good bit of my view on this is also informed by an autodraw small mod for carts I have. Cart plugs, you can't turn the heater on to unclog it....because it ONLY has autodraw.

Top Bottom