Discontinued Hopper io

ByetheRye

This might be a stupid question :haw: But...

I managed to get a Hopper io from a user who was reselling their unit he received as buy-in compensation for his lost RMA. Used maybe twice according to him, then put away after cleaning. Perfecto! My (perhaps) stupid question is can I register this new unit as mine since all units come with a lifetime warranty, and how do I go about doing that since the units were sent out without registration codes? The user was kind enough to give me all the information I need, but I think it might be a manual process to switch it over? I emailed support, but I don’t know if I’m spinning my wheels or to just not worry about it? I want to be able to take care of it if something should happen and I need to send it in for repairs.

Edit: QUESTION ANSWERED, THANK YOU SCOTT

Last edited:

Guest399

is anyone here who has Titanium + Stainless Steel Hopper io and knows if the Titanium one with 5 more watts are little hotter at the highest Temperature ?
is the ABV darker than SS ?
or is there a difference at all im Temperature?

Guest399

is anyone here who has Titanium + Stainless Steel Hopper io and knows if the Titanium one with 5 more watts are little hotter at the highest Temperature ?
is the ABV darker than SS ?
or is there a difference at all im Temperature?

@VGOODIEZ can you say us if the titanium io gets little hotter than the SS? or can you please ask this for us all to Hopper Labs ?

mulciber

I've been away from here for a while (mainly because the GH experience is 90+% frustration), but I wonder if anyone can tell me if Hopper Labs has just stopped responding to older RMAs. I have had one of my units with them since late 2018. In January they sent me a weird note saying that I could have my unit back repaired, but they also offered me a minuscule discount on the "someday to be released" IO instead, and (here's the bizarre part) asked me if I wanted to kick over a few bucks just as a kind of "contribution" toward my warranty repair. I simply asked them to fix my hopper and send it back, and left it at that. I've tried writing to them a few times to find out what happened, but they haven't responded to my mails. Is the ghost routine just to make me go away, or what? Anyone? Thanks in advance.

mulciber,

Baron23

I've been away from here for a while (mainly because the GH experience is 90+% frustration), but I wonder if anyone can tell me if Hopper Labs has just stopped responding to older RMAs. I have had one of my units with them since late 2018. In January they sent me a weird note saying that I could have my unit back repaired, but they also offered me a minuscule discount on the "someday to be released" IO instead, and (here's the bizarre part) asked me if I wanted to kick over a few bucks just as a kind of "contribution" toward my warranty repair. I simply asked them to fix my hopper and send it back, and left it at that. I've tried writing to them a few times to find out what happened, but they haven't responded to my mails. Is the ghost routine just to make me go away, or what? Anyone? Thanks in advance.
Might want to ping @VGOODIEZ via PM as he is repping CS on forums (to some extent) for HL and seems to be very motivated and successful in getting resolutions to these types of issues.

Cheers

WhyAreWeWaiting

@VGOODIEZ, I was hoping to chat with you about an issue I’m having with a Hopper io I have yet to receive, please!
There seems to be a mailing issue and I am not getting any response from the company.
I'm having the same problem.

Device is shipped, but USPS tracking says it's going in and out of the Chicago Distribution Center.

It alternates between "on the way to next facility" & "has left Chicago Distribution Center".

This has been going on for 2 weeks now.

WhyAreWeWaiting,
Reactions: OnO

WhyAreWeWaiting

Frustrating!
Yet both statements could be true...
A USPS koan.
"The koan serves as a surgical tool used to cut into and then break through the mind of the practitioner."
Just got another email to say it's left Chicago again. That's twice today at 2am local time & 7am local time. Sometimes it's left Chicago distribution Center 3 times in the same day.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Please send me a message with your warranty reference ID. I'll see where they are at.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I just got my order today, one titanium Hopper IO, one extra battery, silicone tips and the leather sleeve. The PFE was missing so I don't know if they are back order or what because I never got an email for shipping and the info on my account on the site is not clear. The status is still in progress so I guess I'll have to send them an email to be sure. Unless @VGOODIEZ tells me otherwise, he's the one with insider knowledge after all. I'm not in a hurry, charging the batteries at the moment and cleaning the unit.

Also I'm blind or there's no ID code on the box for the registration?, I got the serial number on the Hopper but nothing else. I remember seeing stuff about this in the thread but I can't find it, my detective skills are always low after a night with no sleep. So how do registration work?

Last edited:
The Chemist,

ByetheRye

Just ordered a couple of batteries. The Hopper io I should be receiving today from another user only came with one new battery and two old ones. I’m not sure how to tell if the two old ones were the fire batteries by just visual appearance?

Hopefully they’ve caught up with production and are able to ship out new batteries! If not, at least I have one! 🤔

ByetheRye,

Baron23

Just got another email to say it's left Chicago again. That's twice today at 2am local time & 7am local time. Sometimes it's left Chicago distribution Center 3 times in the same day.
Shipped Priority Mail? Take your tracking number to your local post office and get them to call the office in Chicago and break this cycle or your package will be shuttling back and forth forever.

Not too long ago my Flux Deluxe shipped....ended up in NC (and I live in MD and NC ain't on the way here from out west) and shuttled back and forth constantly between a local post office that had nothing to do with my address and a distribution center.

Turns out there was either a problem with the bar code of the shipping label or a problem with the distro center but the crux of it was that the distro center read the bar code and sent it to the P.O. of some small town outside of Charlotte who then sent it back to the distro center (why, because my address AIN'T IN THAT FUCKING TOWN) and the distro center....exercising NOT one bit of intelligence in doing their job....just shipped it back to the small town. Then again, and again, and again! sigh

My local post office called the small town post office and between them, and with a few more days, they finally got it on its way here. Although, even once in MD it shuttled back and forth to the wrong distro center a couple of times before being finally delivered.

Yeah, I get it...small operations think USPS is great due to price. I personally think USPS sucks sweaty balls.

Cheers

Last edited:

WhyAreWeWaiting

Shipped Priority Mail? Take your tracking number to your local post office and get them to call the office in Chicago and break this cycle or your package will be shuttling back and forth forever.

Not too long ago my Flux Deluxe shipped....ended up in NC (and I live in MD and NC ain't on the way here from out west) and shuttled back and forth constantly between a local post office that had nothing to do with my address and a distribution center.

Turns out there was either a problem with the bar code of the shipping label or a problem with the distro center but the crux of it was that the distro center read the bar code and sent it to the P.O. of some small town outside of Charlotte who then sent it back to the distro center (why, because my address AIN'T IN THAT FUCKING TOWN) and the distro center....exercising NOT one bit of intelligence in doing their job....just shipped it back to the small town.

My local post office called the small town post office and between them, and with a few more days, they finally got it on its way here. Although, even once in MD it shuttled back and forth to the wrong distro center a couple of times before being finally delivered.

Yeah, I get it...small operations think USPS is great due to price. I personally think USPS sucks sweaty balls.

Cheers
Thanks for the suggestion, but I live in Ireland so the local Post Office isn't USPS.

I've contacted Hopper to see if they can do something their end.

It was just regular mail $14 which doesn't allow the recipient to query it..

Baron23

Thanks for the suggestion, but I live in Ireland so the local Post Office isn't USPS.
haha...yeah, i guess that won't work.

If you don't hear back from Hopper....and with just regular mail they may not be able to do anything with the postal service....maybe contact @VGOODIEZ by PM here. He is helping to rep HL to forum customers and try to clear up issues.

Wow, sent regular mail with no tracking number....that might be a real issue.

Best of luck and cheers

WhyAreWeWaiting

haha...yeah, i guess that won't work.

If you don't hear back from Hopper....and with just regular mail they may not be able to do anything with the postal service....maybe contact @VGOODIEZ by PM here. He is helping to rep HL to forum customers and try to clear up issues.

Wow, sent regular mail with no tracking number....that might be a real issue.

Best of luck and cheers
I don't know if regular mail is the right description. It does have a Tracking Number alright. It was the $14 option on shipping. That's how I can see it going in an out of the Chicago International Distribution Center, sometimes 3 times a day. Tried to phone USPS but it's the usual interactive voice sh1t that leads you down numerous rabbit holes.

WhyAreWeWaiting,

Baron23

I don't know if regular mail is the right description. It does have a Tracking Number alright. It was the $14 option on shipping. That's how I can see it going in an out of the Chicago International Distribution Center, sometimes 3 times a day. Tried to phone USPS but it's the usual interactive voice sh1t that leads you down numerous rabbit holes.
Yes, it just occurred to me after my last post......I was wondering how you can tell it was in/out of Chi town if not sent with tracking number.

Like I said, HL and maybe via @VGOODIEZ will have to solve this for you, I believe.

Reaching USPS via the phone is a waste of time, I believe.

PM @VGOODIEZ. I'm sure he or HL can help you.

Top Bottom