Discontinued Hopper io

Thebigsmoke

Hi everyone. After a year of being on the fence about buying an io(after a few bad original hoppers) I pulled the trigger about 20 mins ago on a stainless steel IO after receiving an email with the 20 present discount plus 2 free extra bats and a pfe for £165 including postage I couldn't resist.

Does anybody have any idea of the shipping times to the UK(Northern Ireland) I can't find any postage details on the website. Really looking forward to hopping again

slozukimc

Hi everyone. After a year of being on the fence about buying an io(after a few bad original hoppers) I pulled the trigger about 20 mins ago on a stainless steel IO after receiving an email with the 20 present discount plus 2 free extra bats and a pfe for £165 including postage I couldn't resist.

Does anybody have any idea of the shipping times to the UK(Northern Ireland) I can't find any postage details on the website. Really looking forward to hopping again
There is no way to predict @Hopper Labs shipping times. I can say being yours is not a color unit it will probably go out quickly. Good luck!!!

david8613

I am about to place an order, I know I want to get the titanium. is there any advantage of getting a colored vs a naked titanium. I am thinking naked ti might ship faster than colored?

david8613,

ondemander

I found the loader on ebay thanks. I like the loader when outside, at the beach or lake, very quick and easy to use, even if it's windy outside. It loads the Hopper perfect everytime. Now I'm starting to like the bronze one!

I'm thinking about getting an io, can some one post pics of there colored Titanium io, im stuck between purple or green. That yellow one is soooo nice!
I got one from Israel that took over a month. It's good but I don't really use it over my funnel since I like using different strains too much.

It's funny, I check FC for the first time in months (not logged in, so I don't see notification), and the very first post I read has me tagged in it.

That Blue Ti has basically been retired at this point, and I focus on the io. The io has been treating me great, still works like the day I got it.
Only issue is I get ZAPPED if my fingers are around the holes when I click it. I just don't touch there.

I still have the original OLD batteries that I'm using for the io, so maybe the updated batteries would stop that issue.

Other than that, heatup is still instantaneous, and the only delay in getting vapor is just the oils heating up until I get vapor. The heater is there right away.

I really love this thing for the right purpose.

I may do a comparison video demonstrating the heatup/vapor product difference between the two vapes.

For those who don't follow my IG, here is a video I posted a while ago about the Hopper io heatup time.

P.S., I love the guy in the comments who's in denial about the io being faster than the OG ;)

Hope all is well with everyone!
I get electrocuted too sometimes when I touch that spot when it starts to heat. I'll have to check to see if it's the same old battery doing it or if the new ones do it too. It's a bit jarring and painfully sharp but funny enough not a deal breaker for me.

ondemander,
Reactions: Vaporific

david8613

Placed my order, got a naked Titanium hopper io. Pretty good deal with 20% off, 2 batteries and a PFE. When I double checked my invoice I didn't see the freebies, so I sent an email asking about that. I got a very quick response saying that the bonus gifts will be included. I also got a separate email saying that a label was made for my order showing my tracking information. I'm very excited... I do have an OG hopper to hold me over until the new io comes in.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I get electrocuted too sometimes when I touch that spot when it starts to heat. I'll have to check to see if it's the same old battery doing it or if the new ones do it too.
See one of my posts above. Ouch! That happened to me as well for the first time recently. Actually a few times. My TI IO got very hot by the air holes. I don’t think it’s a battery issue but rather the device itself. I’ve learned my lesson not to touch there. Funny, my OG which is also Ti never got hot there but did so at the backend and frontend. Go figure!

When I double checked my invoice I didn't see the freebies, so I sent an email asking about that. I got a very quick response saying that the bonus gifts will be included. I also got a separate email saying that a label was made for my order showing my tracking information.
It must be a good week for HL replying quickly. Hopefully they can keep it up. A buddy inquired for the umteenth time about replacement batts he’s been waiting on for over a year and got a response the same day. HL had been ignoring him that long. Fingers crossed - but not by the air holes, LOL - they’re finally responding to everyone. :peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
they’re finally responding to everyone. :peace:
Not me.

@ShayWhiteGrow, I didn't think they actually shipped any til 2015?
Were you a beta tester?
My relationship has been one of love/hate (since 2015). I wasn't a backer, but I pre-ordered 4 of them.

If HL could learn to treat me and other customers with respect, i.e. tell us the straight story, I would be far happier, even given the score of repairs (or, rather, replacements) I've had.
Tell me I have to wait, I will wait; I'm actually very good at that.
I've been a good supporter, I encourage the spirit that has developed this product.
At the same time I detest the spirit that allows HL to put the new gold io sale abruptly in front of a commitment made regarding my shipment.

Last edited:

Thebigsmoke

Placed my order, got a naked Titanium hopper io. Pretty good deal with 20% off, 2 batteries and a PFE. When I double checked my invoice I didn't see the freebies, so I sent an email asking about that. I got a very quick response saying that the bonus gifts will be included. I also got a separate email saying that a label was made for my order showing my tracking information. I'm very excited... I do have an OG hopper to hold me over until the new io comes in.
I also queried the xtra batts and pfe not showing on the invoice and also an estimated delivery time to the UK. They replied back pretty fast to give an estimate on the delivery.
But no word on the extras. I ordered through the hopperio.com as I couldn't log into the "sister site" that sent the email. I got the 20 present discount okay I'm just hoping the extras weren't available through that sister site only if that makes sense?
Edit. My order also says in progress I haven't received any tracking info either. Maybe because it's international post and takes them a bit longer to organise?

Last edited:

slozukimc

Not me.

@ShayWhiteGrow, I didn't think they actually shipped any til 2015?
Were you a beta tester?
My relationship has been one of love/hate (since 2015). I wasn't a backer, but I pre-ordered 4 of them.

If HL could learn to treat me and other customers with respect, i.e. tell us the straight story, I would be far happier, even given the score of repairs (or, rather, replacements) I've had.
Tell me I have to wait, I will wait; I'm actually very good at that.
I've been a good supporter, I encourage the spirit that has developed this product.
At the same time I detest the spirit that allows HL to put the new gold io sale abruptly in front of a commitment made regarding my shipment.
Here we go again with their stories. I rcvd an email response very quickly. They blame Coronavirus for the backup on the warranty portal. Whatever.
I asked about my purple IO ordered before others that have rcvd theirs were ordered and I get “Purple units are backordered but we can send you a plain one right away”. FUCK THAT!! Send my fucking unit you promised! There is no excuse for this other than that I used trade ins toward the purple IO so they didn’t get full price for it so now I am not as high of a priority as those who paid more. At least that is how it looks to me.

About my recent RMA, my back end fell apart, I put it back together once and it worked fine. It fell apart again and I put it back but I don’t think I got it lined up right because it would work but very low temps. So it was sent in and I rcvd a SS version in place of my TI(with zero response in and form about that fuckup) that turns on and flashes the low battery warning after one hit with brand new ghb3’s. Their response……nothing on the portal until I bitched via email, send in the unit at your expense and be really sure it doesn’t get lost in the mail because fuck you if it does. They expect me to send the IO, a charger, a battery and all. What the fuck do they need all of that stuff for?

Like I have said before, I have tried and tried to put the most positive spin on what goes on with @Hopper Labs behind the scenes. I am done with that. They need to learn some communication skills and fire whoever it is that is behind the lies…..John?

So in the end…… FUCK HOPPER LABS. SELL OFF THE RIGHTS TO YOUR DESIGNS TO SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY HAS A CLUE HOW TO TREAT CUSTOMERS OR HIRE SOMEONE WHO DOES AND TREAT THEM RIGHT THIS TIME!

Tweakz

I also queried the xtra batts and pfe not showing on the invoice and also an estimated delivery time to the UK. They replied back pretty fast to give an estimate on the delivery.
But no word on the extras. I ordered through the hopperio.com as I couldn't log into the "sister site" that sent the email. I got the 20 present discount okay I'm just hoping the extras weren't available through that sister site only if that makes sense?
Edit. My order also says in progress I haven't received any tracking info either. Maybe because it's international post and takes them a bit longer to organise?
I'm also part of the international delivery, so on the day of the order HL created a mark on the USPS, and the next day they already sent an order and a track code. So you shouldn't worry about it. Did you place an order today or yesterday?

Tweakz,

Thebigsmoke

I'm also part of the international delivery, so on the day of the order HL created a mark on the USPS, and the next day they already sent an order and a track code. So you shouldn't worry about it. Did you place an order today or yesterday?
Hi thanks for the reply I ordered yesterday I think it was around 9-10am boulder Colorado time? My order hasn't updated since I got the invoice email it still says in progress.I sent hopper labs another email asking if they could confirm the extras hopefully it's all good. Have you received tracking for your order placed yesterday?

Thebigsmoke,

Tweakz

Hi thanks for the reply I ordered yesterday I think it was around 9-10am boulder Colorado time? My order hasn't updated since I got the invoice email it still says in progress.I sent hopper labs another email asking if they could confirm the extras hopefully it's all good. Have you received tracking for your order placed yesterday?
I placed an order on Wednesday and wrote to them the same day. A few hours later, the HL team contacted me, assuring me that the order would be promptly shipped, after a while (2-3 hours), on the same day, I received the track code. And on Thursday, the order has already been accepted by the USPS (Colorado) office. Today, the order is on the way. I hope you have everything quickly, too

slozukimc

I placed an order on Wednesday and wrote to them the same day. A few hours later, the HL team contacted me, assuring me that the order would be promptly shipped, after a while (2-3 hours), on the same day, I received the track code. And on Thursday, the order has already been accepted by the USPS (Colorado) office. Today, the order is on the way. I hope you have everything quickly, too
I am so glad these orders are going out like they should but dammit it baffles me why the CS is so erratic and illogical.

Thebigsmoke

Same here just got the notification that it shipped along with the bonus extras and a tracking number. Anybody from the UK remember how long there unit took to arrive and how much customs fees where?

Thebigsmoke,
Reactions: Tweakz

david8613

I wanted to ask users who have both og and io hoppers, on max temp how many hits does it take to cash a bowl? And how many hits do you get from heat level 3 or 4?

david8613,
Reactions: Tweakz
Hey, quick update on my purple io, running way too hot as a prev post, 2 x 8 second pulls on 1 leaves my herb very very dark, can’t use it above 2, quick response from HL and they are happy to do a quick temp decrease for me but my whole unit has to go back 😞
Also just ordered a SS that got shipped within 48 hours again with very quick responses to my emails, it seems like a massive improvement in communication!
To a prev post… my shipping to the uk took around 10 days with my purple and it cost me £58 in custom charges so this time I asked to state the value at $50 not $300, they said no problem.. I just hope they remembered

vapviking

Old & In the Way
If anyone actually gets a factory adjustment to their temp range, please let us all know. HL has begun to state this in the warranty portal. Here, above, and once to me, though they later said it would be a "new part" (body) coming to me.

My experience with io warranty is that with a very recent purchase you get the v.i.p. treatment, but the older the purchase, the longer the service takes...

I have (rather, my wife has) a Dec. '20 SS (used regularly) that has not needed any repairs.
Then there's the year-old purchase, also SS io, from July '20; 3 broken back-ends and 3 failed bodies. I even bought a 'spare body' and that has not kept me hopping consistently.

The ratio of failed units for me is 3 failures to 1 (so far) success. HL is not answering my inquiries in a timely manner. Maybe because I'm telescoping just a wee bit of frustration?

I've decided (yet again) to put myself in a time-out from this forum rather than be a company basher all the time, as I've been lately.
If/when something actually happens for me regarding warranty units, etc. I may come back and post about that...
In the time gained, Imma read more about that Tafee Bowle...and others.

JBone65

how many hits does it take to cash a bowl?
My favorite subject...🤑

I'm probably the most frugal io user on this site in that I always get 11-12 pleasurable hits per bowl. I probably got an average of 8-9 hits with the OGs.

I'm not trying to make big clouds, and I don't like to cough, but I'm getting good hits with plenty of vapor. I start on level 1, then progressively increase the temperature. I get hits at each half mark, plus at least two extra hits at level 5 to finish it off. Don't spend much time on any one setting, just assumed you would need to go to the max temperature to get all of it.

The first hit on level 1 is probably mostly terpenoids based on the intense flavor, the temp is low, etc. It's much more earthy flavors on hits 3 thru 8, depending on the weed. Lots of dry white vapor on the last three. Try it. See if each 26° increase in temperature mobilizes heavier compounds. I prefer medium dry, finely ground weed. It seems to work better with less mess, easier to prepare a full bowl, etc. I measured the weight before and after. I'm seeing massive weight reduction >40%. Can't imagine a better system for my purposes. Definitely enjoying this thing way too much, but it's so efficient and easy and clandestine.....

Had this io 11 months as of tomorrow. I know it will fail sooner or later. My back up vaporizers are worthless. I try not to think about it.

Last edited:

david8613

Awesome! I'll be getting my io this week, very excited to try it out. I have had 2 og hoppers in the past, 1 stainless steel and one in titanium. no problems for me except once I had the stainless steel acting up with red Blue lights but I was able to fix it by doing a simple deep clean, and cleaning the threads with that sticky clay stuff. Worked like a charm, I was back in action. I was using my og this whole weekend, still an awesome vape. I gotta get me a bong/bubbler, very cutious. I always used it natively no silicone tip.

JBone65

I always use mine natively as well, if that means putting my nasty lips directly on it. I worry that I won't be able to judge when to shut it off if I put any sort of buffer in between, like a bubbler. I used to call those a supercharger, although it looks kinda like a bong. Super chargers were good when you had half-assed weed and you wanted to get the strongest hit you could get. Nowadays I'm more concerned with absorbing the maximum amount of vapor as opposed to getting a monster hit. I don't think I could get any more saturated with a bubbler.

JBone65,
Top Bottom