Discontinued Hopper io

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I got the 20% off email. You do not need it though. The code is listed on their site, but with 25% listed. When using it, it is 20% like the email says.

hopper.PNG

I went to the two different websites. The one I had been going to through a search engine https://www.thehopper.io/ does not have the code listed along the top and when you click the color grasshoppers it tells you about not shipping until July. The email has a different website and store page, https://hopperio.com/ This one has the code at the top of the page, albeit the wrong percentage. It also does not mention shipping delays. The code works (at 20%) on both sites.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

FWIW when I purchased a replacement SS body last night (.io site), my account had a preapplied discount code 'late420' I think it was, which gave me a 25% discount - that was all the persuasion I needed to hopefully fast track my return to the big hitters league.

Before that I requested HL sent me out just front end assemblies for me to bring my other units back into hard hittting working order. We'll see what happens there, I failed to disassemble my HT unit I was hoping to swap it into an io but the front end might be epoxied on, felt more secure than the two ios I took apart.

Combusted in the Sub last night lol, so gross. I do miss that SS io. I got some really solid hits with the cooler Ti io and legacy units, but it just wasn't the same. I like being able to finish a chamber in one or two hits.

david8613

I think your supposed to create a new account on new site, I thought I read that in an email.

Is hopper still giving credit on og hoppers towards getting a newer io? If so how much?

david8613,
Reactions: vapviking

david8613

I found the loader on ebay thanks. I like the loader when outside, at the beach or lake, very quick and easy to use, even if it's windy outside. It loads the Hopper perfect everytime. Now I'm starting to like the bronze one!

I'm thinking about getting an io, can some one post pics of there colored Titanium io, im stuck between purple or green. That yellow one is soooo nice!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm thinking about getting an io, can some one post pics of there colored Titanium io, im stuck between purple or green. That yellow one is soooo nice!

The green is not very green btw, and when you say yellow do you mean the bronze or the new gold? The purple is going to be dark, if that helps you, I only have the blue...

david8613

That new gold one is nice I meant, but its so expensive! That's one of the reasons I ask to post pics of your colored hopper io. the product pics from websites never really represent what something looks like in real life.whats everyone's favorite color? I wonder if hopper labs would ever make a stealth black one.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Shit Snacks' pics of blue one (and someone else's color ti) are just a few posts back.
Color ti's have carried the longest lead times of any io so far.
I personally let go of wanting color or even ti, I've had multiples of all of them. Just give me one that works. And I've come to like the way ss 'ages'.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
OUCH. Touched the holes on my IO recently, a couple of times, and it was indeed hot. Like ouch hot. I generally don’t hold it around that area for that reason but did so a few times recently. I’ll try not to do that again especially on consecutive draws. On the flip side my IO has been running virtually flawlessly for 10 months, and still using it almost daily. It generates some nice clouds natively. :peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
"Expect it to ship to you this week."
I've come to view it with great disdain when a HL rep tells me what I can expect.
Why don't you tell me wtf your commitment is, what it is you are dead-certain you're going to do on my behalf, and leave my expectations to me?
I really thought about putting this in the Fuck You! thread.

Would not be saying it at all but for their most recent of gross inadequacies and underperformance in handling my rma. The quote above was from the beginning of last week. I've apparently been pre-empted by the new-new gold io or paper sleeves...
It's finally beginning to really wear on me, this abuse thing; alternatives are so widely available now -- and I've been a supporter since 2015.

Many years ago I was beaten on a bid for work, by a much larger company with a wider range of services than mine could offer. The answer came back to me as, "You are offering eggs, the other guys have the omelet."
HL is still cracking the eggs.

slozukimc

"Expect it to ship to you this week."
I've come to view it with great disdain when a HL rep tells me what I can expect.
Why don't you tell me wtf your commitment is, what it is you are dead-certain you're going to do on my behalf, and leave my expectations to me?
I really thought about putting this in the Fuck You! thread.

Would not be saying it at all but for their most recent of gross inadequacies and underperformance in handling my rma. The quote above was from the beginning of last week. I've apparently been pre-empted by the new-new gold io or paper sleeves...
It's finally beginning to really wear on me, this abuse thing; alternatives are so widely available now -- and I've been a supporter since 2015.

Many years ago I was beaten on a bid for work, by a much larger company with a wider range of services than mine could offer. The answer came back to me as, "You are offering eggs, the other guys have the omelet."
HL is still cracking the eggs.
I am so fucking tired of John downright lying about shit. I was told months ago that color IO’s “are shipping now” so I placed my order. Still waiting for the IO. I have RMA’d another back end and recieved two battery shipments in the meantime.

@Hopper Labs John, if shit isn’t ready to go then fucking say so and quit pussyfooting around the fact. I have supported you guys for years and now I can’t wait for the purple IO to get here so I can sell all of it off at a loss and be done with your bullshit.

edit: To add to the frustration I sent a TI back end and rcvd a SS replacement that doesn’t work and complete silence from John about it. Not even an I am sorry we fucked up. Fuck you @Hopper Labs !

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I sent my body in for Warranty. It was a semi quick turn around, two and half weeks.

This is an image of what the new body does on one. Last body burned my fingers this one burns my weed.

20210721_071241.jpg

Any trick to dial it down so this what I would get on setting five and not one? I don't typically like to take it this dark unless I'm ready to go to bed.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I am so fucking tired of John downright lying about shit. I was told months ago that color IO’s “are shipping now” so I placed my order. Still waiting for the IO. I have RMA’d another back end and recieved two battery shipments in the meantime.

@Hopper Labs John, if shit isn’t ready to go then fucking say so and quit pussyfooting around the fact. I have supported you guys for years and now I can’t wait for the purple IO to get here so I can sell all of it off at a loss and be done with your bullshit.

edit: To add to the frustration I sent a TI back end and rcvd a SS replacement that doesn’t work and complete silence from John about it. Not even an I am sorry we fucked up. Fuck you @Hopper Labs !
Sadly HL still doesn’t know which end is up. It’s a shame and it hurts everyone including long-time supporters like you. Don’t blame you either in selling off your Hopper stuff. Recently a good local buddy with two OGs who’s been emailing them about fire replacement batteries finally got a reply the other day and was told they are on the way. We’ll see if they’re blowing smoke or not. But the fact that he’s had to email them a half dozen times and include HL’s original email about the battery recall to refresh their memory (which ain’t too good to begin with) is hard to believe. I’ll believe it when he gets his batts. And then there are the RMAs and arbitrary ETAs for promised orders like you. Simply astonishing they continue to operate however they seem fit to which is not the normal for product companies. Ouch (again). Sorry for your troubles. :peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I sent my body in for Warranty. It was a semi quick turn around, two and half weeks.

This is an image of what the new body does on one. Last body burned my fingers this one burns my weed.

View attachment 10495

Any trick to dial it down so this what I would get on setting five and not one? I don't typically like to take it this dark unless I'm ready to go to bed.
This is from one of my recent rma's:

Me:
Thank you for sending a replacement body on that warranty case, I just received it a few days ago. Unfortunately, it is charring/near-combusting material, even at setting "2", on second pull. It would do same at "1" if given about 5 pulls. Tastes awful when this happens, as you know! I believe it is is not running to spec. I am sure it is a problem in the body, as I am swapping backend and battery with another body that is working great. Please advise.

John(Hopper Labs):
Please return that one to us and we will lower its rated temp.

It was subsequently referred to as a 'new body' coming to me.

MoltenTiger

My SS spare body was shipped out same day but radio silence from them about it or my support email

Hopefully it works as the other did. The things are either priceless or a small hassle, a worthwhile gamble.

Have been blasting massive Sub chambers in the SS downtime. Other hopper units aren't as potent. Nicer not having to wait but also nice having the desired performance on hand. Hopefully the new spare brings that back together.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Took advantage of the 20% off and ordered 2 new batteries. I've been using the same batteries that I bought back in 2016, just under 5 years ago :D. (Wow...I've had an original hopper running for 5 years??)
Excited to see if there's any noticeable differences!

Michel

I canceled the tinymight. I’m even thinking about selling my 252 degree/ 485 Fahrenheit glass core MV which really is a beast...

nearly one year after my post above I don’t use my hoppers as frequently as before. Got finally a Tinymight. I don’t feel like James Bond anymore while vaping but overall I’m really happy with my last purchase…

Top Bottom