Discontinued Hopper io

Jah75

100%. They have different purposes for me…hopper when I am out and about, Bowle stays home. Think the taste is better out of the TB, but the GH through water is still pretty damn satisfying.
I agree - the TB has better taste - it just cant face-melt in quite the same league as a properly working IO can

The CS between the two companies cant even be compared - its apples to dinosaurs

cliffhanger1

I had similar issues with them. Ive been waiting 3 months for a working unit. I finally reached out to AMEX today and disputed the charge. For those of you who are having continual issues, its an avenue to explain. The hooper people would actually have to reposed to AMEX to refute it, and we know how often they actually respond. My SS works like a champ. Titanium never has, and it was supposed to be a gift. Well, the wife got a Bowle instead. At least it works. And the customer service is outstanding
I recently had a little negative experience because they don't answer me for about 1,5 weeks or just only told me that they will send it this week and ignore my other emails with the request to add an article. I have mega shipping costs of 75 dollars and that's why it is important to me. but what the heck ..
i love the product, it is excellent. In contrast to other providers, the customer service leaves a lot to be desired :(
maybe it is better service than in the past with the og. i dont know, i hadnt this vape. but it's not as it should be
like others:hmm:

Trace

Well [redacted user] was so kind as to email hopper on my behalf a couple of days ago, I really thank him for doing that because it had been over a week at this point and they still hadn't responded to any of my emails. He messaged them inquiring about his friend's warranty on their account and they asked him for an email and I provided him mine. They said they would get back to me.

They did do that...

"Hi Calvin,

Thanks for contacting us.It looks like the unit is already registered to your account so you should be able to open the request.

Thanks,

Hopper Labs Support"

Only problem is I don't know who Calvin is and I never was able to successfully link my hopper because the information never came on the fucking box.. everyone makes mistakes though right? I'm trying to be patient and undestanding so I figured I'd just calmly email back with my name, order ID and explain the situation with my questions.

No response since yesterday.

I really want to get a working IO and I knew this could be potentially aggravating through having to send stuff back. Based on recent reviews regarding customer service I thought that it might have been a safe time to try. I can't say so sure now. I've had the device for going on 2 weeks and haven't got one cloud and shitty customer service.

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

I recently had a little negative experience because they don't answer me for about 1,5 weeks or just only told me that they will send it this week and ignore my other emails with the request to add an article. I have mega shipping costs of 75 dollars and that's why it is important to me. but what the heck ..
i love the product, it is excellent. In contrast to other providers, the customer service leaves a lot to be desired :(
maybe it is better service than in the past with the og. i dont know, i hadnt this vape. but it's not as it should be
like others:hmm:
ok i was some hours to fast, i am honestly and will to say that they today answered me after a long time to add the thing. but i was confused not to get an answer for this question, they only said i will be sent. but at the end it works.. so thx. like i said not perfectly like others but not totally bad at the end what i can say in about 3/4 years of customer service for now. but i had no warranty case for now

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I nudged HL with a query regarding color Ti status as the order page was still showing Jan 21 shipping. Here's their response:

Thanks for contacting us. The date has been updated but that is for new orders. We are receiving the parts this coming week and will start to ship the existing orders right away.
I'm only quoting you for the date reference (your post was Feb.8) and projection about color ti units shipping -- not expecting you would know any further news, just tossing this out, as it's been about a month since that news.
So, has anyone received a color ti io yet?

vapviking,

DryBonesufo

I understand my use case is different than the manufacturer intended, however it's now the only situation where I would consider using the Grasshopper, and I strongly urge the maker to sell AC adapters. The tiny custom batteries are just not good enough to compete in 2021.

A portable vape needs a reliable power source, and with the Grasshopper effectively requiring spare batteries or to be kept near a charger it's not truly portable, at least not compared to something with the battery life and performance of the TinyMight. Progress marches on, and if you aren't always improving it's easy to get left behind. IMO a factory AC adapter would really breathe some life into this product, but what do I know, all you can do is wait and see what the future holds!
Yeah but the IO is discreet as fuck.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
So is it still too risky to try and buy one of these if you are not a fan of receiving potentially defective products?

trying to get an on demand portable I can use while hiking and it seems like all of them have problems lol

Sour Dream,
Reactions: JCat

cliffhanger1

So is it still too risky to try and buy one of these if you are not a fan of receiving potentially defective products?

trying to get an on demand portable I can use while hiking and it seems like all of them have problems lol
when you have a good/normal working io, all is good and wonderfull

i have 5 devices, all perfect..

if you have an defictive i dont know how good is Hopper Labs.. but i think they wolud be clear it !!

it is an very very good deivice

Jah75

For dependable on demand with good cs I would recommend d a FW7. This is not the vape to get if it’s your primary imo

west-elec

I'm with @Jah75 only buy if you have a good backup and are ok with possible warranty returns and don't get frustrated easily. Unfortunately the FW7 is hard to get now, too popular, but the tinymight hits every bit as hard (harder) as the hopper with fewer heat issues and seem to be shipping in just a few weeks.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
so sad to read unhappy messages and opinions from '.io' now users.. :( but then again, I feel no regret for giving up hope, for the time being at least, with HL... too stressful of a process..
Nevertheless, GH has been, and it will probably be THE most efficient, discreet and powerful vape ever for me so far, but the most unreliable as well at the same time..
tinymight's power can definitely be compared to the GH and it's consistency that I've seen with two of my friends that own it, is damn intriguing to pull the trigger on it... anyway.. that's a GH thread..

voodoo_vape,
Reactions: dimmusp

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
For dependable on demand with good cs I would recommend d a FW7. This is not the vape to get if it’s your primary imo

I'm with @Jah75 only buy if you have a good backup and are ok with possible warranty returns and don't get frustrated easily. Unfortunately the FW7 is hard to get now, too popular, but the tinymight hits every bit as hard (harder) as the hopper with fewer heat issues and seem to be shipping in just a few weeks.
I have a flowerpot and a fury edge, I got rid of my other devices since I don’t use them.

I really just want to add an on demand portable or two since that’s more of my preferred style.

Thought about the taffee as well but the price is more than what I feel like it should cost for what you are getting. If they still sold the version without the cup I would get that.

but this would be my primary vape to take on things like hikes with a spare or portable battery of course.
The FW7 is interesting but that one isn’t instant on demand, that’s the only problem I have with that one

Sour Dream,
Reactions: dimmusp

vapviking

Old & In the Way
but this would be my primary vape to take on things like hikes with a spare or portable battery of course.
The FW7 is interesting but that one isn’t instant on demand, that’s the only problem I have with that one
For on-demand that works, in the 60 dollar range, you might look into the VLeaf Go. It became my standby for when og hoppers went in for service. It's not quite the gem that one of the pricier vapes is, but it is compact and surprisingly good in use (though many prefer to use with water tool, even if dry). For hiking/camping you'd want a battery pack along for charging -- or maybe just a second Go!

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
For on-demand that works, in the 60 dollar range, you might look into the VLeaf Go. It became my standby for when og hoppers went in for service. It's not quite the gem that one of the pricier vapes is, but it is compact and surprisingly good in use (though many prefer to use with water tool, even if dry). For hiking/camping you'd want a battery pack along for charging -- or maybe just a second Go!
I actually had one back in June/July I bought from DDavemods I liked it but the battery life and the cap and screen and the harshness outside of a water pipe made me give it away. I am waiting on a 2.0 from them hopefully at a higher price point with better quality.

I might just buy one of these and a tinymight and just see what happens lol.

is there any truth that the stainless steel io is better than the titanium ?

Sour Dream,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I actually had one back in June/July I bought from DDavemods I liked it but the battery life and the cap and screen and the harshness outside of a water pipe made me give it away. I am waiting on a 2.0 from them hopefully at a higher price point with better quality.

I might just buy one of these and a tinymight and just see what happens lol.

is there any truth that the stainless steel io is better than the titanium ?
If you have free cash flow (money to get a little risky with), AND can commit to letting a fair amount of bs go down without pissing you off too much, then order a Hopper io. They are a freakin' great device. But you initially said you didn't want any cs bs...
Oh, and being overseas customer can suck; if that's the case don't do it.
Those are all things folks have said over and over again.
My 2 are at about 6 months and 4 months trouble-free, after 2 hiccups with the first one early on.
I had 2 ti og's and 2 ss og's, now just 2 ss io's. Sorry I can't speak to whether ti is 'better' in function. These ss's are plenty good and the finish wears in nicely.

Trace

So since my last interaction with hopper they linked my hopper to my account via email. I wasn't really notified when that happened due to the miscommunication in emails, but in the end it got registered and I was able to fill out the warranty form.

First hurdle.

I opened the warranty claim on the 3rd and got a response the next day simply asking if I tried drawing slower though the device. I responded within an hour of their message that I pull slower and lighter, it's a slight improvement but the problem persists. I haven't got an answer back since and it's still under review.

I'm hoping this is one of those scenarios that I read in here where they just send the body replacement without saying anything or something.

Either way still trying to stay patient and roll with the process.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
If you have free cash flow (money to get a little risky with), AND can commit to letting a fair amount of bs go down without pissing you off too much, then order a Hopper io. They are a freakin' great device. But you initially said you didn't want any cs bs...
Oh, and being overseas customer can suck; if that's the case don't do it.
Those are all things folks have said over and over again.
My 2 are at about 6 months and 4 months trouble-free, after 2 hiccups with the first one early on.
I had 2 ti og's and 2 ss og's, now just 2 ss io's. Sorry I can't speak to whether ti is 'better' in function. These ss's are plenty good and the finish wears in nicely.
Yea I’m in Ohio(until I move) so I don’t have to worry about any overseas problems thankfully, guess I’ll give it a shot in the next few weeks, thanks to everyone who answered

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have a small fix-thing I happened across, if your pfe gets dropped or 'dented' and is not round anymore, i.e., even with clean threads, etc., it feels sticky and there's a rubbing as it is turned into or out of place.
For only pfe with a minor problem, and I only had SS on hand to use. If your pfe is visibly seriously dented or out of round, this may not be the right fix.
A "Highdea" as @MoltenTiger has said;

I have one that is slightly out of round, even to the point I had replaced it with a new one. Yesterday I was musing, "If I only had a mandril, like jewelers use to size and shape a ring." The 2 pfe's were side by side and I realized that the tapered end of one (the 'good' one) will slide into the open end of the other (the deformed one) acting exactly as a mandril. A few well-placed taps with a light hammer and the deformed pfe is now in an acceptable state for use. Not perfect, but pretty smooth, enough to put it back in the mix.

Mndeadhead

so ive been critical of Hopper CS over the last couple of months due to the goat rodeo I encountered with a defective Ti body. Its only fair that I check back in and saymy replacement came last Monday, the working Ti body hits like a champ. I definitely tell a difference between the SS and Ti, especially when turned up to 5. feels like it hits quicker, harder, and produces a ton of vapor. Still not crazy about the CS, but they did finally make due on getting me a working one.

cliffhanger1

I want to show you my Hopper io collection. I don't show it to brag or to show off or something like that, but because I'm proud of it. 1 spare body was missing and layed in the cupboard

Happy vaping to all who loves this Vaporizer too !
For me it is the best on the market for now. but that is an individual preference
:sherlock:

Last edited:

whereskarlo

Does the Hopper IO break as often as the original Grasshopper? Are the repair times still in the months/years? I really liked my Grasshopper but like for so many others, it crapped out on me. Is the new IO better? I still haven't found a vaporizer with equal performance. Is that water glass vaporizer a contender?

mulciber

Does the Hopper IO break as often as the original Grasshopper? Are the repair times still in the months/years? I really liked my Grasshopper but like for so many others, it crapped out on me. Is the new IO better? I still haven't found a vaporizer with equal performance. Is that water glass vaporizer a contender?

Depends on what you are seeking. The GH has three features that are unmatched: It works by convection, it is extremely stealthy, and it heats up quickly. It's something you can easily carry in a pocket all day and use very discreetly when out of the home.

For those three qualities in one package, it pretty much stands alone. There are two other devices I'm aware of that feature true convection and ultra-fast heat-up — the Tinymight and the Airvape Legacy (currently my favorite). These devices are portable, but not stealthy and easy to use on the run in the way the IO is.

For stealth, there is the Da Vinci Miqro. It's a superbly made device that heats relatively quickly (35 seconds), and actually surpasses the IO in terms of stealthiness (you can literally hide it in the palm of your hand). Also, like the other devices, it doesn't smell much and the vapor is pure and largely dissipates in the air. So on the stealth and ease of use scale it's right up there. But it is a purely conduction device, and the chamber must be fully packed for it to work to its potential.

For equal performance alone, if portability outside the home isn't as important to you, the two convection devices mentioned are really excellent. Their build quality and customer service are at the opposite end of the spectrum from the Grasshopper.

Good luck!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Does the Hopper IO break as often as the original Grasshopper?
I’ve had my TI IO for 7+ months and nary an issue. Still works like new and optimally well. I have only one IO and one OG. The IO performs better and, while my OG worked well for a year, performance dropped during year 2 (and year 3 was spent in RMA at HL); it has worked well since too. Impatiently I bought the IO about the same time my OG was returned. I reach for the IO before the OG; the IO works very well for me. Always loved the form factor, ease of use & maintenance, and I’m a portables, native user guy at heart. So far so good with my IO. :peace:

QF1994

Depends on what you are seeking. The GH has three features that are unmatched: It works by convection, it is extremely stealthy, and it heats up quickly. It's something you can easily carry in a pocket all day and use very discreetly when out of the home.

For those three qualities in one package, it pretty much stands alone. There are two other devices I'm aware of that feature true convection and ultra-fast heat-up — the Tinymight and the Airvape Legacy (currently my favorite). These devices are portable, but not stealthy and easy to use on the run in the way the IO is.

For stealth, there is the Da Vinci Miqro. It's a superbly made device that heats relatively quickly (35 seconds), and actually surpasses the IO in terms of stealthiness (you can literally hide it in the palm of your hand). Also, like the other devices, it doesn't smell much and the vapor is pure and largely dissipates in the air. So on the stealth and ease of use scale it's right up there. But it is a purely conduction device, and the chamber must be fully packed for it to work to its potential.

For equal performance alone, if portability outside the home isn't as important to you, the two convection devices mentioned are really excellent. Their build quality and customer service are at the opposite end of the spectrum from the Grasshopper.

Good luck!

There's also the VLeaf Go. I've never used a Grasshopper but I do have the VLeaf Go for out and about stealth use-the battery isn't spectacular but it can be picked up for around $60 with coupons and it's convection on-demand, about the size of a marker. But from talking to a friend who has a Grasshopper, the VLeaf is not as sleek.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
There's also the VLeaf Go. I've never used a Grasshopper but I do have the VLeaf Go for out and about stealth use-the battery isn't spectacular but it can be picked up for around $60 with coupons and it's convection on-demand, about the size of a marker. But from talking to a friend who has a Grasshopper, the VLeaf is not as sleek.
Yes, I think @vapviking or another regular on here has mentioned this herein on occasion. Compelling & inexpensive with only a few preset temp settings I believe. I do think HL improved battery management with the IO as they have claimed. The custom battery is not my favorite but at least it’s swappable (not sure about VLeafGo). The latest batch of batts from HL seem better than past batches I’ve purchased. Overall I’d have to say HL has marginally improved in many areas though there have been reported issues with the IO but I don’t think as many or proportionate with the OG. As many have stated many times, a Hopper shouldn’t be your only vape if you’re new to vaping flower (primarily, as some do use conc in it too though I’ve never tried). Gotta get back to work... :peace:

Top Bottom