Discontinued Hopper io

QF1994

Yes, I think @vapviking or another regular on here has mentioned this herein on occasion. Compelling & inexpensive with only a few preset temp settings I believe. I do think HL improved battery management with the IO as they have claimed. The custom battery is not my favorite but at least it’s swappable (not sure about VLeafGo). The latest batch of batts from HL seem better than past batches I’ve purchased. Overall I’d have to say HL has marginally improved in many areas though there have been reported issues with the IO but I don’t think as many or proportionate with the OG. As many have stated many times, a Hopper shouldn’t be your only vape if you’re new to vaping flower (primarily, as some do use conc in it too though I’ve never tried). Gotta get back to work... :peace:

Absolutely, I think everything I've seen indicates the Grasshopper is a different level. But it's like getting a luxury sedan vs an economy sedan. Both will get you where you need to go, one just looks and feels nicer in the process...but a well-cared-for economy sedan will still give you a pleasant experience, it just won't be exactly as smooth or high end as the luxury model.

In my mind, that's the VLeaf vs something like the Grasshopper. Remarkably similar concepts, one's a more stripped-down, simple experience than the other. If money were no object for me, I'd be all over something like the Grasshopper because it offers some impressive bells and whistles for the size. But when budget matters, it's nice to know there's a cheaper option for on-demand stealth, and maybe someday I can jump from the econo-vape to the luxury one ;)

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Yes, I think @vapviking or another regular on here has mentioned this herein on occasion. Compelling & inexpensive with only a few preset temp settings I believe. I do think HL improved battery management with the IO as they have claimed. The custom battery is not my favorite but at least it’s swappable (not sure about VLeafGo). The latest batch of batts from HL seem better than past batches I’ve purchased. Overall I’d have to say HL has marginally improved in many areas though there have been reported issues with the IO but I don’t think as many or proportionate with the OG. As many have stated many times, a Hopper shouldn’t be your only vape if you’re new to vaping flower (primarily, as some do use conc in it too though I’ve never tried). Gotta get back to work... :peace:
nah you cant replace the battery, at least I didn't notice the ability when I owned the vleaf go. But you cant take it apart even the oven and the heater

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Does the Hopper IO break as often as the original Grasshopper? Are the repair times still in the months/years? I really liked my Grasshopper but like for so many others, it crapped out on me. Is the new IO better? I still haven't found a vaporizer with equal performance. Is that water glass vaporizer a contender?
The io seems by all accounts to be a better (not perfect), more reliable device than the og. Service has been very reasonable, but we have to keep in mind there are still some og owners who are not getting great treatment. Will there come a time when io owners become second-rate in HL's eyes? History makes us worry somewhat about that, but hope for better future keeps us going.
I still would not purchase an io to be an only device; maybe a Go on hand as a backup/change of pace device...a Yugo to get you where you need to be when the Mercedes has to go into the shop.

4/20 sales may be just around the next bend, we just hope the delivery services get straightened out with this ban on shipping vapes bullshit.

@Sour Dream and @Vaporific, the Go battery is not user replaceable. But the heater element is, as is chamber and mouthpiece (all the things that directly affect the user experience of taste, cleanliness); the parts are very inexpensive. In almost a year I have not had to replace any of those. I even bought a second Go on sale a couple of months ago but so far have not even used it.
I get 3-4 chambers from a charge (now maybe 3), about the same as an io, but the io chamber actually holds a little more material.
In side by side use, the io wins easily.

In unrelated news, it appears that NY state may pass legalized recreational canna use as soon as next week! 🤞
One of the last 'sticky' points is how many plants an individual can cultivate. I am thrilled this made it into the bill, as Cuomo's proposal did not allow for any. I have waited literally a lifetime for this, as I have been using cannabis for over 50 years now. :myday:

Last edited:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
The io seems by all accounts to be a better (not perfect), more reliable device than the og. Service has been very reasonable, but we have to keep in mind there are still some og owners who are not getting great treatment. Will there come a time when io owners become second-rate in HL's eyes? History makes us worry somewhat about that, but hope for better future keeps us going.
I still would not purchase an io to be an only device; maybe a Go on hand as a backup/change of pace device...a Yugo to get you where you need to be when the Mercedes has to go into the shop.

4/20 sales may be just around the next bend, we just hope the delivery services get straightened out with this ban on shipping vapes bullshit.

@Sour Dream and @Vaporific, the Go battery is not user replaceable. But the heater element is, as is chamber and mouthpiece (all the things that directly affect the user experience of taste, cleanliness); the parts are very inexpensive. In almost a year I have not had to replace any of those. I even bought a second Go on sale a couple of months ago but so far have not even used it.
I get 3-4 chambers from a charge (now maybe 3), about the same as an io, but the io chamber actually holds a little more material.
In side by side use, the io wins easily.

In unrelated news, it appears that NY state may pass legalized recreational canna use as soon as next week! 🤞
One of the last 'sticky' points is how many plants an individual can cultivate. I am thrilled this made it into the bill, as Cuomo's proposal did not allow for any. I have waited literally a lifetime for this, as I have been using cannabis for over 50 years now. :myday:
That’s dope about NY, I wish Ohio would get their shit together lol. I won’t be here for more than a year or two anyway but still

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
That’s dope about NY, I wish Ohio would get their shit together lol. I won’t be here for more than a year or two anyway but still
If Grassachusetts (where I am) could turn green, any state can. Never thought I’d see the day in general let alone in MA. Grew up in NY and have been in MA longer now and won’t be here much longer either - and may have to start over in a less friendly state. What is friendly is how my IO keeps working like a champ: nice vapor on every temp, great extraction and consistent AVB. Like it’s predecessor the OG, when you have a low battery the results are middling but other than that it works really well! Glad I added it to my small vape fleet.:peace:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
If Grassachusetts (where I am) could turn green, any state can. Never thought I’d see the day in general let alone in MA. Grew up in NY and have been in MA longer now and won’t be here much longer either - and may have to start over in a less friendly state. What is friendly is how my IO keeps working like a champ: nice vapor on every temp, great extraction and consistent AVB. Like it’s predecessor the OG, when you have a low battery the results are middling but other than that it works really well! Glad I added it to my small vape fleet.:peace:
Honestly it would be great if the feds cool just legalize it so we don’t have to take that into consideration when moving.

I’m still going to pick one of these up tho I just don’t know when I feel like it, got a lot of vapes I need to buy all of a sudden and trying to find the best one for hiking and some new desktops

Mr. Me2

Honestly it would be great if the feds cool just legalize it so we don’t have to take that into consideration when moving.

I’m still going to pick one of these up tho I just don’t know when I feel like it, got a lot of vapes I need to buy all of a sudden and trying to find the best one for hiking and some new desktops
Might want to wait for 420 at this point...

cliffhanger1

i received 5 spare Bodys this week from HL
by all devices are the screens missing :( I hope they will re sent them. For now they dont asnwered me to this.
then i will say that all my 5 complete hoppers are has nothing weld marks on the under screens.

on the spare bodys which i received is only one nearly without any marks, 3 has some and 1 very very much. i tested with vaping only the worst one which i thought at first it is certainly scrap. But it works fine with nearly black ABV . I wondered

Last edited:

Vaporific

i received 5 spare Bodys this week from HL
by all devices are the screens missing :( I hope they will re sent them. For now they dont asnwered me to this.
then i will say that all my 5 complete hoppers are has nothing weld marks on the under screens.

on the spare bodys which i received is only one nearly without any marks, 3 has some and 1 very very much. i tested with vaping only the worst one which i thought at first it is certainly scrap. But it works fine with nearly black ABV . I wondered
Were you expecting new bodies or refurbished ones? My new IO had a small scratch on the backend above the temp dialing. Noticed it rights away when I got it in September. It’s HL being HL and I let it go. Your issue however is a bit more critical than mine and I wouldn’t be happy about it regardless if they’re new or refurbished. The more things change the more they stay the same :rockon::peace:

cliffhanger1

Were you expecting new bodies or refurbished ones? My new IO had a small scratch on the backend above the temp dialing. Noticed it rights away when I got it in September. It’s HL being HL and I let it go. Your issue however is a bit more critical than mine and I wouldn’t be happy about it regardless if they’re new or refurbished. The more things change the more they stay the same :rockon::peace:
i ordered new and the devices i received are new. thats all ok

the main "problem" is that are 5 screens missing.

about the weld marks, because are 1 is totally full but works perfectly i think/or hope that it isnt a problem for now
and three others have only little bit

vapviking

Old & In the Way
i ordered new and the devices i received are new. thats all ok

the main "problem" is that are 5 screens missing.

about the weld marks, because are 1 is totally full but works perfectly i think/or hope that it isnt a problem for now
and three others have only little bit
It's all just very weird, and sucks that it happens to an overseas, extremely good customer.

Boxxy

From what I've been reading in this thread, there seems to be a recurring QC problem with a number of devices being shipped without screens...

Now it's not like Hopper Labs can't know this problem exists since people in this thread say they have contacted their customer service to report the problem/request screens. So like what the hell are HL doing? Frustrating company to say the least!

cliffhanger1

From what I've been reading in this thread, there seems to be a recurring QC problem with a number of devices being shipped without screens...

Now it's not like Hopper Labs can't know this problem exists since people in this thread say they have contacted their customer service to report the problem/request screens. So like what the hell are HL doing? Frustrating company to say the least!
honestly.. i am said to HL more times..please dont forget the screens, because i am knowning HL. ;) (and thats a easy thing to look after it lool - that we cant understand !!!)

and i said too, please make a quality control of the under screens because of some weld marks i am reading from because i am ordering from overseas which makes RMA complicated..

all brings nothing. ;) but i said the spare body with many weld marks works fine, which wonderes me..

so the screens are missing which is not a to big problem for me, because had some others..

But that's not what matters, it's about the principle that apparently no quality control takes place. however, my previous full 5 ios were perfect which doesn't justify that either. everything is incomprehensible as you also think. but i still love the product

and hadnt i made a good expirience with my 5 hoppers i bought further, i think i hadnt order some spare bodys
but i must say again, i love the hopper:love::love::love:

Kinick23

I picked up a glass drip tip but have 2 problems. One it doesn’t fit firm inside the PFE, ideally would need a thicker o-ring but not sure the size. Second is I didn’t realize when i ordered this has air holes which reduces the draw resistance and robs the heat from building. I simple piece of tape fixes both issues but prefer not to use it that way. Anyone have success with a drip tip that isn’t metal? I would consider acrylic or wood as well although I can already taste the diff with just having my lips on the glass vs the steel PFE.

DA4-F91-F6-B255-43-F7-B41-D-09-CD664-DCD22.jpg

3-A0-FA54-B-2899-4825-9-B35-F5071-E6-E982-C.jpg

jackstalke

New here, obviously. Lurked for a bit, then signed up to ask a question. I’ve read quite a bit of this thread, but am still unsure of something. I ordered an IO, my first, a little over a week ago. I’ve accepted their CS isn’t great, but I’m still wondering what kind of wait I should be expecting, haha. I’m in New York, if that makes a difference. This has been a helpful thread, thanks!

cliffhanger1

New here, obviously. Lurked for a bit, then signed up to ask a question. I’ve read quite a bit of this thread, but am still unsure of something. I ordered an IO, my first, a little over a week ago. I’ve accepted their CS isn’t great, but I’m still wondering what kind of wait I should be expecting, haha. I’m in New York, if that makes a difference. This has been a helpful thread, thanks!
hi welcome:wave:
i made the expirience that they not ship out every day. after a week i would ask them in a mail when it would be shipped.
i think about one week is normally to wait. After 1-2 weeks at the latest, it will then be sent safely at the latest i think

Last edited:

Vaporific

hi welcome:wave:
i made the expirience that they not ship out every day. after a week i would ask them in a mail when it would be shipped.
i think about one week is normally to wait. After 1-2 weeks at the latest, it will then be sent safely at the latest i think
Welcome as well @jackstalke . I’m in MA and it took 6 or 7 days to get my IO when I ordered it over Labor Day Weekend last year. And yes I needed to nudge HL about its status and whereabouts after not hearing from them in a few days. Their CS ain’t the best however some have great experiences and others virtually none (lack of response or taking a long time to respond). My IO has worked flawlessly since day one. It has essentially shelved my still working OG Hopper. Love the form factor among ease of use and maintenance of a Hopper. I use it natively most of the time too (rarely use the PFE). And the effect and clouds are great too. When working well, a Hopper is in a unique class. Hope you enjoy yours! :peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The wait can vary but usually not very long, like less than a week for ss io these days, and I think ti as well. Color ti is another matter...

Policy may have changed about shipping notification. I think you would normally get one (a notice, with tracking) on a new hopper purchase, but in the past a lot of other stuff, warranty and accessories -and even some new purchases - were not getting a notice. However, the way to tell is to go to your account, look at order/invoice and, if it has shipped, there will be a tracking number added at the bottom. So, maybe check there? 🤞

Enjoy your new hopper! Again, 🤞

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Even illegal aliens know this vape is ,#1

This post adds nothing to the conversation and refers to "illegal aliens" for no reason I can see, except perhaps to stir up shit. I will be generous and assume that wasn't your intent, but please refrain from making potentially inflammatory remarks. Thanks for your cooperation.

Boxxy

It's now been ONE WHOLE YEAR since I ordered a Colour Ti io and PFE and still not received the product I paid for.

Now some of you have been waiting much longer for your smell proof case (which never materialised), your oils front end (which never materialised), your battery charger (which never materialised) and your OG Grasshopper warranty claims... so 1 year of waiting probably doesn't seem too bad when dealing with Hopper Labs, but to me this is completely ridiculous!

I've been lurking this thread and the original Grasshopper thread for many years now, so I was aware of their *ahem* flexible shipping dates, but I bit the bullet and ordered a Dark Grey io with PFE on 22/03/2020 and was given an initial shipping estimate of July, which was then pushed to November, then February, and now to March. I've contacted their Customer Support and have been told, like many others awaiting their Colour Ti units, "...coming next month... just waiting on a couple of parts... just waiting for the anodizing to be done...".

We are in a Pandemic, shit is currently fucked!.. I understand there are supply issues and problems regarding staffing; me getting my cool little toy is not really a priority. That being said, if Hopper Labs cannot fulfil my order of a Colour unit, as seems to be the case, then give me a full refund, hell the least they could have done is offer to change my order to a regular Ti unit (which currently seem to be shipping in a timely manner).

I will be contacting them today to put forward my annoyance with them and request my order be changed to a regular Titanium io, since I don't see them being able to fulfil orders of an anodized io any time soon. I will give them till the end of the week to confirm shipping, and if I do not receive confirmation that the order has shipped I will be requesting a full refund.

Top Bottom