Discontinued Hopper io

ChooChooCharlie

If Delta3D doesn't make them, our Hopper Feeder friend from Israel also sells GHB battery charger spacer sleeves on ebay. (Haven't tried because I've always used mag charger)

Jah75

If Delta3D doesn't make them, our Hopper Feeder friend from Israel also sells GHB battery charger spacer sleeves on ebay. (Haven't tried because I've always used mag charger)

thanks!

on a side note - how do you like the feeder? I was worried it might get gunked up fast

Jah75,
Reactions: Vitolo

cliffhanger1

When I had my hopper in hand today and wanted to fill it, the thought occurred to me to try whether the heating cylinder can be unscrewed.
i only tried it lightly with my fingers and it was easy to loosen, but i tightened it again immediately because i have no problems with the device and i didn't want to risk anything.

then i took my other hopper which didn't get quite as hot as it did at the beginning. at least I have the impression. unfortunately the cylinder could not be easily unscrewed with the fingers. then i tried it with a pair of pliers, but later got it loose with my fingers.

ATTENTION never use a pair of pliers, I have deformed the cylinder a bit, which is why I can only put the mouthpiece on the body with a little pressure.That's why I just put the front end on it up to the thread and don't put it on. clear is not great, but also works :(

if I then screw it tight, the whole cylinder comes out after vaping because it is too deformed. that was a misfortune. But now I know that the cylinder can be unscrewed from the battery body without any problems, you just may not use any tools and only use your fingers, if it is difficult, try until the point at which it comes loose. Unfortunately, there is not to much to clean about the "heating". I put some WD 40 on it with little cleaning and had unscrewed it at least 10 times and it still works perfectly. Except for the deformed cylinder because using a pliers.

but now i am knowing it is unscrewable, works after that normally.

Edit:
can someone tell me please what the copper thing is for. so what function does it have. it fell off, but I could put it there again

Last edited:
cliffhanger1,
Reactions: Jah75

cliffhanger1

I believe it just creates a wedge for a tighter fitment for the heater so it doesn't unscrew when unscrewing the mouth piece.
ok as long as it has no safety function i leave it out. but it cannot be unscrewed if you only unscrew the mouthpiece. that is easy to screw to do if it is not deformed ;)

cliffhanger1,

ChooChooCharlie

thanks!

on a side note - how do you like the feeder? I was worried it might get gunked up fast
The Feeder is an ingenious solution -- I believe the design was inspired by the bolt action of a rifle. Best used with pre-dried grind, it shakes down better during a load

This is a great weekend or concert (what are those?) OCD Hopper companion, but must continue being OCD with alcohol dipped cotton swabbing after your weekend. Resin does build and render it useless without maintenance

And, please, remember to use toothpick type digger to empty Hopper completely before shoving it into feeder for a refill. Been there, haven't done that

Jah75

The Feeder is an ingenious solution -- I believe the design was inspired by the bolt action of a rifle. Best used with pre-dried grind, it shakes down better during a load

This is a great weekend or concert (what are those?) OCD Hopper companion, but must continue being OCD with alcohol dipped cotton swabbing after your weekend. Resin does build and render it useless without maintenance

And, please, remember to use toothpick type digger to empty Hopper completely before shoving it into feeder for a refill. Been there, haven't done that
awesome! Ill order one to try out as I order the charge sleds, thanks!

I use the New Vape Pax loading tool to remove my loads - Its usually pack light enough that i can insert the tool and twist it then just pour out the disturbed AVB. (although I have accidently forgot to unload before trying to reload and ended up with a lapfull of ground 8P)

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@cliffhanger1 , I tried to warn you, that you might not find anything you could service in there, and the risk of damage, but, you seem to be having some fun...

When my og's "heater module" came unscrewed, it was 'glued' to the mouthpiece and they both spun out together. (Tip for HL; make the threads for the heater module left handed, the reverse of the mp)
I agreed with @zatonic, I think the copper piece is a type of thread lock, to prevent removal of the module.

fogbank

Since receiving my AC adapter from Max Vapor Nail, my Hopper IO has officially become my at-home vape
...SNIP...
The fit and finish of the adapter hardware is slightly rough, and the cord is pinched under the pocket clip when fully tightened, but everything seems to be holding up just fine after 2 months of daily use now. If you can find one available, jump on it!

What's ironic is the adapter power supply is only rated for 60W, and yet it performs significantly better on my 70W Ti IO than the batteries that ship with the unit! But the max power rating is a misleading spec for a device using a PWM regulated heater. Even when drawing at full speed you're never actually using full power, you can hear the heater clicking on and off. I used a Kill-A-Watt and max power during heavy draw is only ~47W, you only see 60W very briefly at first turn on from cold. Since the performance is so much better on the adapter, it seems the stock batteries aren't able to keep up with even 47W of power draw.
My IO Hoppers will not work with the stock power supply that came with my MaxVapor AC adapter kits. I know that I'm not the only one to experience this. I had to buy a more powerful power supply:

BINZET AC to DC 12V 10A 120W Power Supply Adapter

My AC adapter kits came with a different power supply than the one shown in your picture.

Here's mine:

Chanzon 12V 5A 60W AC DC Power Supply Adapter

Just for the sake of curiosity I have purchased the Ledmo power supply that is shown in your picture. I will see if it powers my IO Hoppers. If it does not then there must be something different about your IO Hoppers. If it does then the difference is the power supply.

cliffhanger1

@cliffhanger1 , I tried to warn you, that you might not find anything you could service in there, and the risk of damage, but, you seem to be having some fun...

When my og's "heater module" came unscrewed, it was 'glued' to the mouthpiece and they both spun out together. (Tip for HL; make the threads for the heater module left handed, the reverse of the mp)
I agreed with @zatonic, I think the copper piece is a type of thread lock, to prevent removal of the module.
i seem to be having fun you mean. lol

you told me that it is possible that in the end I won't get it screwed all the way into the thread back ... ..not more

i think it is ALL good so long not to use a pliers ;)

a little i can clean, and a screw is there for screwing. without pliers there would have been no problem. the copper can be reattached in the same way. in any case, i'm smarter and still have 7 bodies when the new delivery reaches me

and the old one i am using to go

Edit:
and the cylinder does not come out when unscrewing the front end. with me that is only because there is too much tension on it because it is deformed;)

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
you said to me that that it is possible that I have not screwed the cylinder in all the way..not more

i think it is ALL good so long not to use a pliers ;)
In my case, I was unable screw the module back in properly, so I meant to caution you as well, but yours does go back so, that's good.
I'm sorry I used the word 'pliers' back then; it was meant only to illustrate for you that this module does unscrew from the body. ;)

In my opinion, removing the chamber screen for occasional deep clean may be good (especially for air flow) but it will be rare that removing the heat module will "gain" or "fix" anything.
If you are proceeding, some sort of "strap wrench", that wraps a strap around the cylinder, might be good for this purpose? Two of them.

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

I'm sorry I used the word 'pliers' back then; it was meant only to illustrate for you that this module does unscrew from the body. ;)
all good i was so stupid ;) loool
i thought steel were harder.. shit happens. it is "only" money which i blow in the wind loool

and i am not rich :lol: but the world and i am too have other much much more bigger problems like illness..

i must do something, i wish you all a nice evening/day/night :)

Trace

Maybe it's something I'm missing...

I just realized I was technically emailing the hopper IO email support and not the warranty claim process, so I went to go do that. The serial number on top of the device is fine.

Where is the ID code located? The instructions say on the label on the bottom of the hopper box but I don't have a label...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Maybe it's something I'm missing...

I just realized I was technically emailing the hopper IO email support and not the warranty claim process, so I went to go do that. The serial number on top of the device is fine.

Where is the ID code located? The instructions say on the label on the bottom of the hopper box but I don't have a label...
With the io there is no label on the packaging (like with the og), but they haven't changed the web registration. They can register it manually, if requested.
For a new io, the support email is the way to go, it will work fine.

vapviking,
Reactions: Vitolo

Trace

With the io there is no label on the packaging (like with the og), but they haven't changed the web registration. They can register it manually, if requested.
For a new io, the support email is the way to go, it will work fine.
Gotcha thank you. I had emailed them on Monday but hopefully they respond to today's email about that. Otherwise just gonna try to remain patient.

Momor

I bought my SS Hopper IO last black Friday, received it one day before new year eve but dit a RMA one week later because it was heating at the same temperature wherever the temp dial was and i had to pay for shipping (30€ in my case).
I received a new SS Hopper IO 4 days ego and this one is still kind of defective : it's extremely hard to turn the temp dial. I have to squeeze it like a bottle cap hard to open in order to make it turn. No is almost no way I can make it moving using the tips of my thumb and pointer finger.
The steel of the MP doesn't match the steel of the body, but my PFE matches it though.
I also cooler than other IO. My AVB is the lightest color of all my vapes, even lighter than my first defective IO.
I'm able to take pretty long draws native, on temp 5 and what make me stop is the heat of the MP and not the heat of the air/vapor coming from the device. However, i put my AVB from the IO in other vapes at max temp (Tiny might and vapcap with IH) and only got a very little hit so it seems the extraction is ok (i prefer very dark ABV but it's probably just psychological).
I wrote to HL asking for a new backend. Let's see what they say.

cliffhanger1

I bought my SS Hopper IO last black Friday, received it one day before new year eve but dit a RMA one week later because it was heating at the same temperature wherever the temp dial was and i had to pay for shipping (30€ in my case).
I received a new SS Hopper IO 4 days ego and this one is still kind of defective : it's extremely hard to turn the temp dial. I have to squeeze it like a bottle cap hard to open in order to make it turn. No is almost no way I can make it moving using the tips of my thumb and pointer finger.
The steel of the MP doesn't match the steel of the body, but my PFE matches it though.
I also cooler than other IO. My AVB is the lightest color of all my vapes, even lighter than my first defective IO.
I'm able to take pretty long draws native, on temp 5 and what make me stop is the heat of the MP and not the heat of the air/vapor coming from the device. However, i put my AVB from the IO in other vapes at max temp (Tiny might and vapcap with IH) and only got a very little hit so it seems the extraction is ok (i prefer very dark ABV but it's probably just psychological).
I wrote to HL asking for a new backend. Let's see what they say.

I'm sorry to hear that :( if the backend is defective you need a new one, of course
but don't get too hopeful that this will make the ABV darker. I have now made the experience with some devices that the body mainly determines the temperature and thus the ABV

Edit:
for your lips because the frontend is to hot, you need a silicone mouthpiece. then the problem is away. ;)
or you can use a stem from the Tinymight before your mouth

Last edited:

Momor

I'm sorry to hear that :( if the backend is defective you need a new one, of course
but don't get too hopeful that this will make the ABV darker. I have now made the experience with some devices that the body mainly determines the temperature and thus the ABV

Edit:
for your lips because the frontend is to hot, you need a silicone mouthpiece. then the problem is away. ;)
or you can use a stem from the Tinymight before your mouth
Good to know about the body of the IO.
You're right, I bought the silicone mouthpiece with it and it doesn't conduct the heat at all :tup:

cliffhanger1

anybody heard something from Hopper Labs this week ? i wrote them on monday with a question to my order with no response for now

cliffhanger1,

fogbank

@JoeKickass

I received the Ledmo power supply and tested it with my IO Hoppers. None of the 4 that I tested would power up with the Ledmo power supply. LED comes on for a moment and then shuts off. Same as with the Chanzon power supply that came with my AC adapters.

Something must be different about your setup to allow you to use the Ledmo power supply with your IO Hopper. :hmm:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Nope no response to either message from me this week, other than refreshing my email more than usual, waiting very patiently.
A buddy whose OG was at HL during the fire heard back from them earlier this week. A Frankenhopper is on its way back to him and he heard from
HL thorough his account.

On a personal note, due to low flower supply I’ve been using and still loving my IO (smaller chamber = less herb) over my other vapes. My OG is very neglected since I’ve had my IO for 5+ months which continues to work flawlessly. Great clouds, well-extracted AVB all natively. :peace:

Trace

A buddy whose OG was at HL during the fire heard back from them earlier this week. A Frankenhopper is on its way back to him and he heard from
HL thorough his account.

On a personal note, due to low flower supply I’ve been using and still loving my IO (smaller chamber = less herb) over my other vapes. My OG is very neglected since I’ve had my IO for 5+ months which continues to work flawlessly. Great clouds, well-extracted AVB all natively. :peace:
Yeah that's quite ridiculous, don't have patience for that so I commend him on that.

I wish I even got one cloud out of the hopper I got not even a week ago, haven't had one response since I recieved it. I was gonna buy more accessories for it asap to counteract the lagging mail services but until they message back I suppose.. still waiting.

Top Bottom